Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    ....i once got a very dodgy tummy after prawns...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Mothyman wrote:

That is fairly mundane, shellfish are filter feeders and can be dodgy if not stored/prepared or cooked properly.
  • I caught crabs once.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Yes, I caught crabs in Morecambe once - happy days.
    My wife says that I'm a shellfish lover.

I'm sure there's a cockle joke I could use here too......
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Anonymous
    passout wrote:

I went to a disco down the seaside last week.........................pulled a mussel, boom boom. :wink:
  • passout
    dmclite wrote:
    passout wrote:

I went to a disco down the seaside last week.........................pulled a mussel, boom boom. :wink:

Groan....
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    dmclite wrote:
    passout wrote:

Yellow card - far too funny for this thread. :lol::lol::lol:
  • passout wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    passout wrote:

Groan....

In a Reeves & Mortimer style;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhu9uRHaGbA

:)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Anonymous
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    passout wrote:

Yellow card - far too funny for this thread. :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry got carried away, far too much frivolity.
    On a more mundane thread, I bought some schoolsocks for my son today. Dark grey from Next.
  • passout
    Pairs of socks always turn into solitary pieces of clothing when they exit my washing machine. I never find the missing partner. I have overcome this problem by only buying similar looking pairs of black socks. This way I am no longer constrained to re-uniting lost sock partners ('soul' mates?). I think you should make sure that all of your kids socks are grey - if it was good enough for AC/DC....
  • passout
    P.S. Grey is definitely the most Mundane colour isn't it? It even makes beige look a little edgy.
  • Anonymous
    I bought a sofabed from DFS last week. We ordered the footstool from a different range, but the nice man managed to get in touch with the factory and cover it in the same fabric as the new sofa. My wife is very pleased. Afterwards we went to a beefeater for a bit of lunch, as it was next door and very handy for lunch.
  • Anonymous
    Put some stickers on my bike tonight after cleaning it.
  • Mothyman
    whats the term for a sentence where you, unnecessarily, say the same thing twice?
    eg ..i just watched a naff film starring Richard Gere....
  • Mothyman wrote:
    whats the term for a sentence where you, unnecessarily, say the same thing twice?
    eg ..i just watched a naff film starring Richard Gere....

tautology?
  • Mothyman
    thats it..tautology...thanks deptfordmarmoset....

well anyway...i just watched a naff film starring Richard Gere.....he was surgeon where someone died on the table, he went to apologise to the bereaved and fell in love with the woman in the guesthouse....it was codswallop
  • Anonymous
    X factor is taking some good music and making it mundane. I would rather slam my love torpedo in a car door than watch anymore X factor.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    People getting upset about whether to use Campy or Campag as an abbreviation for an
    Italian bicycle component company. :roll:
  • passout
    Mothyman wrote:
    thats it..tautology...thanks deptfordmarmoset....

well anyway...i just watched a naff film starring Richard Gere.....he was surgeon where someone died on the table, he went to apologise to the bereaved and fell in love with the woman in the guesthouse....it was codswallop

You could also say it's redundant e.g. 'a river of water'. Anyway, that film sounds awful. TV was so bad last night (except for a repeat of Spaced) that I curled up with a good book and a hot toddy.
  • Anonymous
    I'm hoping for some better weather tomorrow.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Porgy wrote:
    cold again

very true
  • Porgy
    nolf wrote:
    Long days are surprisingly tiring.
    The cold makes my face feel numb.
    we got egged last night.
    Just the 1 egg though.
    And he apologised.

what, the egg? :P
  • Porgy
    edited November 2009
    dmclite wrote:
    Mothyman wrote:

That is fairly mundane, shellfish are filter feeders and can be dodgy if not stored/prepared or cooked properly.
    my cat ate prawns out of a dustbin once and then threw them up all over my kitchen floor.

Funny thing is - he not only threw up the prawns, but also quite a large worm that had been living inside his stomach.

The worm lived for another 5 hours inside a jam jar.

i called it eric.
  • Anonymous
    Porgy wrote:
    dmclite wrote:
    Mothyman wrote:

my cat ate prawns out of a dustbin once and then threw them up all over my kitchen floor.

Funny thing is - he not only threw up the prawns, but also quite a large worm that had been living inside his stomach.

The worm lived for another 5 ours inside a jam jar.

i called it eric.

Wrong thread mate, that is really interesting. :wink:
  • Eric is a good - and perfectly mundane - name for a worm.
  • Mothyman
    ..my dad's name is Eric...
  • Anonymous
    Theres a young lad called Eric who works at our local Somerfield, which is soon changing to the Co-op.
  • passout
    Eric means eternal ruler, ever powerful, one leader or similar in Norse. I was hoping for a more mundane meaning like 'steadfast one' but what can you do?

I wish I was a Viking rather than working in the public sector in Preston......
  • passout wrote:
    Eric means eternal ruler

So how many 'eternal' rulers named Eric are around now? Not so eternal, me thinks.

The girl group 'Eternal' didn't last very long either.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Sirius631 wrote:
    passout wrote:
    Eric means eternal ruler

Metric means there's now 30.48cms in a ruler.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."