Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• andy162
    andy162 Posts: 634
    I wore my new coat today. Constructed from "waxed cotton" it is....BANG ON TREND DARLINGS!!
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    andy162 wrote:
    I wore my new coat today. Constructed from "waxed cotton" it is....BANG ON TREND DARLINGS!!

Don't come on 'ere lad with your fancy Yorkshire fashions. I still dream of cotton, let alone wax! I haven't owned a coat for fifteen year odd.........etc etc. Lets face it, the Yorkshire / Lancs rivalry is very mundane and therefore qualifies.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Lets face it, the Yorkshire / Lancs rivalry is very mundane and therefore qualifies.

Fighting over roses is indeed mundane but keeping it going for centuries has to be EPIC MUNDANE at the very least.
  • Emma B just did the Sunday newspaper review on BBC News. Clearly under-prepared. What a lightweight.
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,170
    In the climatic Ripley/ Queen showdown scene of the movie Aliens why does Ripley shoot/ torch/ blow-up the alien eggs instead of the alien egg layer, ie the Queen?
  • passout
    My leeks aren't as good as last years crop. There's may enough for some soup and a couple of Sunday dinners. Carrots did very well this year though I must say.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I just found out that pressing the shift button 5 times gives you "Sticky keys". Well, I never.
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    dmclite wrote:
    I just found out that pressing the shift button 5 times gives you "Sticky keys". Well, I never.

If you want sticky keys try-
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... &start=120
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • Anonymous
    nolf wrote:
    dmclite wrote:

If you want sticky keys try-
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... &start=120

Not that sort of sticky. Disgusted of tonbridge wells. :wink:
  • passout
    Today seemed to drag.....
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    passout wrote:
    My leeks aren't as good as last years crop. There's may enough for some soup and a couple of Sunday dinners. Carrots did very well this year though I must say.

I bought a bag of frozen chopped leeks on Saturday.

Thinking about changing my avatar - this ones's getting boring now

oh...and it's dark outside already!
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I'd hate to be a swallow. I mean all that fast flying sure looks exciting, but imagine eating flies all day. Yuck!
  • Porgy
    johnfinch wrote:
    I'd hate to be a swallow. I mean all that fast flying sure looks exciting, but imagine eating flies all day. Yuck!

who think's that that is mundane? It's something I'd never thought about before anyway.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Porgy wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

who think's that that is mundane? It's something I'd never thought about before anyway.

I think about these things all the time - go and look at my contribution to the thread about flooring. :wink:
  • Porgy
    johnfinch wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

I think about these things all the time - go and look at my contribution to the thread about flooring. :wink:

I'd favour cats and goats myself.
  • Anonymous
    I wouldn't mind being a panda, they seem to have a relaxed attitude to life.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    dmclite wrote:

eats
    shoots
    and leaves.

...sounds a bit chavish IMHO.
    Cycling weakly
  • skyd0g wrote:
    dmclite wrote:

eats
    shoots
    and leaves.

...sounds a bit chavish IMHO.

Owls aren't much better:

shits
    hoots
    and leaves
  • passout
    I'd like to be Manimal myself and therefore have a choice of animal forms (and associated puns). See:
    http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?h ... 3324855429
  • I could go on about grammar. 'Blair's ethics' please.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12664285
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • skyd0g
    passout wrote:
    I'd like to be Manimal myself and therefore have a choice of animal forms (and associated puns). See:
    http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?h ... 3324855429

...then choosing the correct sizing in Assos would be made even more difficult. :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • Anonymous
    I just countersunk an M5 cap head fitting into a nice piece of aluminium that was easy to drill and tap.
  • passout
    Time to finish work go downstairs and make the kids tea, although I'll probably have to unload the dishwasher first - it always seems to by turn.....

I guess it's a good job I don't twitter....

No point delaying, off I go........

Soon.
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    my keyboard appears faulkty.ty...ty..ty..ty..ty..ty..ty...t.y.t.y..y..yy......

:wink:
  • skyd0g
    I've just made a great big pan of chilli. :D mmmmmm!
    Cycling weakly
  • Porgy
    Just about to tuck in to a fish cake sandwich with mayonaise. :D 8)
  • Champions' League footbubble on tonight but I don't have Sky, so I'll be watching Liverpool on one of the live streams.
  • passout
    Champions' League footbubble on tonight but I don't have Sky, so I'll be watching Liverpool on one of the live streams.

Liverpool - I've heard of it, near Everton isn't it?
  • andy162
    andy162 Posts: 634
    The Fly is on telly. Not an actual fly. The film. He's just got in pod thing now. And an actual fly has got in with him. He's cuddling a monkey now. His lady friend has just come back, wearing a really nasty knitted jumper. She looks a bit like Gregory's Girl, but it isn't her. Thick bristley hairs have just been found.
  • Anonymous
    Gregoery Girl is such a sweet film. I like the 2 lads who always disgust girls when they talk to them.