Men's Road Race *SPOILER*

Comments

• andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,174
    He's won me over this year. Go on Cadel! Hit it!

Same here!!
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • Well done Cadel.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Pleased with that. He's an odd man, but deserves more than he's got from his career.

The Italians and a few others with have to ask themselves why that sat on the wheel of
    85kg+ Canc on the climb!!
    exercise.png
  • Superb race.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Oh no bum face has got it. Cannot stand the sqeaky voiced whingebag :evil:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Go Cuddles!
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Excellent result for him, very chuffed. Chapeau Cadel!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Fantastic!

A real up yours to all the people who complained about him never attacking (including me!)

Brilliant effort.
  • Great, great win. And what was someone saying about GC riders not taking the worlds seriously and it not being a big deal?

Look at spartacus!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Cancellara looks totally stuffed. Great ride by him and Cadel.
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Fantastic!

A real up yours to all the people who complained about him never attacking (including me!)

Brilliant effort.

Yup didn't think of that. The rainbow jersey will be displayed at the front of the big mountains next year hopefully.
  • Good swearing there David Harmon!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Anonymous
    That was ace!

Cuddles looked sooooooooo emotional (baby)!

Oooops Mr Harmon! :lol:
  • Good shout from Harmon there - it is boll*cks if they're not staying for the podium...
  • Anonymous
    Defo! Got to do the podium!
  • Good swearing there David Harmon!

thats bollocks!

:lol::lol:
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Anonymous
    Yeeaaaaah! B0llocks JC!
  • I wouldn't have expected it at the start, but I was cheering for Cuddles at the end. Hats off. And what a ride from Cancellara. Heroic - just a shame he was always going to be a marked man in that last lap.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Wow, that was helluva race. I feel exhausted just from watching :shock:

I had money and PTP glory riding on J-Rod, but I won't begrudge Evans the win. A very worthy winner.
  • Anonymous
    Why the hell have they not shown the podium but are doing an extended advert for what's on in Oct.

WTF is JC playing at?!?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Great riding at the end there. I could feel his legs burning on that last climb.

Well done, Cadel.
  • that was amazing, never ceases to amaze me how these guys can cover that distance at that speed then at the end really up the tempo and kick off like that.

"what not even a countdown, thats bollock's JC"- agreed
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Why the hell have they not shown the podium but are doing an extended advert for what's on in Oct.

WTF is JC playing at?!?

On bbc website now.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Is JC the slightly camp French dude who does the interviews in the TDF? He needs a bollocking!
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    TheStone wrote:
    Pleased with that. He's an odd man, but deserves more than he's got from his career.

+1
    I was rooting for Cancellara but happy to see Evans get it.
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    It's still on British Eurosport. Studio coverage but showing the podium ceremony. Only HD coverage has finished.
  • Great effort from Kolobnev as well. Very strong.
  • Was cuddles ever MTB World Champ?

@gietvangent
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Lycra, flowers and tears ..... not a good look.
    exercise.png