Its Sept 1st. Lets play musical chairs.

Comments

• This is all abit disappointing, none of the drama of the footie transfer window here...
  • BdeB
    BdeB Posts: 110
    Suspect we might hear a bit more from across the pond as the day goes on and from sky in a few days time.
    58585 Posts: 207
    TV2 in Norway reckon Boasson Hagen is bringing his old teammate Petter Nordhaug to team Sky, and that Arvesen looks like he will be joining too. Arvesen is apparently decided on Sky but will stay put at saxobank if they can't work out a deal.

http://msn.tv2sporten.no/sykkel/team-sk ... 84957.html
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Liquigas keeping

Agnoli
    Basso
    Bennati
    Bodnar
    Guarnieri
    Kreuziger
    Kuchynski
    Nibali
    Oss
    Pellizotti
    Quinziato
    Sabatini
    Santaromita
    Szmyd
    Vandborg
    Vanotti
    Willems
    Zaugg

and 6 new hires, who I've not heard of. But a couple of Poles and a Slovakian guy I think

I think they're my favourite squad really.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72
    Rafaa Chtioui is going to Acqua e Sapone.

Would be nice to see him do well.

And Tony Gallopin is going to Cofidis.
  • afx237vi wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    drenkrom wrote:

Anyone found something official on Hincapie?

Is this official enough?

http://www.bmcracingteam.com/index.php?id=9&L=0&uid=312

"Big George" Hincapie very recently won the US National Professional Road Champion title...

*groan*

Is that actually what's written on his passport?

Perhaps it's an ironic reference to his massive intellect.
  • Seen quite a few British pros putting miles in around my way (Peak District) - Ian Stannard, Brad Wiggins pootling around Wilmslow. Convenient for Manchester BC offices perhaps?

Dunno about the Sky link, just bragging really.

I saw Ben Swift riding down the Manchester Road back into Sheffield yesterday.
  • But I thought Big George had signed for Dell Computers... you mean that isn't him buttoning up his dungarees at the start of the lollipop advert?
  • Sonny73 wrote:

that was on cyclingnews yesterday
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Seen quite a few British pros putting miles in around my way (Peak District) - Ian Stannard, Brad Wiggins pootling around Wilmslow. Convenient for Manchester BC offices perhaps?

Dunno about the Sky link, just bragging really.

I saw Ben Swift riding down the Manchester Road back into Sheffield yesterday.

Ben Swift is from around there though, Rotherham. He's based in italy I think, but his dad rides local races around South Yorkshire/Lincolnshore. More likely a family visit than Sky.
  • iainf72
    CW on Sky

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... rteam.html

Some reasonable names but no one mind blowing.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    iainf72 wrote:
    CW on Sky

Probably looking to get up and running with what/who is available right now - and will look to recruit some 'bigger' names next year as contracts are up. But they probably could have picked up some bigger names now if they wanted to. Hard to say for sure until they actually announce ANYONE!
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Based on that list they desperately need Wiggins as their roster is not going to make ASO sit up and take notice. Certainly they'll aim to please in Paris-Nice and EBH will be well suited for such a race but they'll need more firepower with the likes of Radioshack, BMC, Saur, Vacansoleil and Cervelo, not to mention others, all wanting a wildcard spot.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    CW on Sky

that's the problem with having a strict drugs policy ;)

Lack of a GT contender sticks out like a sore thumb, but a lot of promising and interesting riders like Gerrans, Pauwels, EBH.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    I really doubt whether the names of the 16 aparent 'definitives' are enough for a pro tour license and TdF invitation. Flecha, Lovkvist and EBH are good riders, but it would be a team without a real big name. A team without a GC contender or sprinter. There must be more...
    And according to Iain's earlier post, it won't be Nibali...
  • BdeB
    BdeB Posts: 110
    I think the most important name to determine whether they get a licence is SKY.
  • CQranking has just added Gilberto Simoni to Astana :shock:
  • iainf72
    CQranking has just added Gilberto Simoni to Astana :shock:

Or ISD.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    CQranking has just added Gilberto Simoni to Astana :shock:

Or ISD.

That's like some sort of Dark Side/Light Side choice isn't it?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    iainf72 wrote:
    Kléber wrote:
    Columbia had a wealth of talent but watch their last Tour and no one had a chance to ride for themselves, it was all about delivering Cavendish. That's why Wiggo left last year.

Yep. I'm wondering if it's not the happiest of environments. I think Andyp said a while ago that Columbia "are a hard team to like"

They're very effective however.

Id say the opposite unhappy environments generally = not winning . Most riders move for cash its as simple as that.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • iainf72
    Moray Gub wrote:

Id say the opposite unhappy environments generally = not winning . Most riders move for cash its as simple as that.

You mean like Astana at the Tour? :wink:

I'd actually agree with you - So does that mean Columbia are tight? I guess they have so much talent it's probably hard to pay them all the appropriate salary, but the sheer volume of people leaving is interesting.
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    I saw an interesting list of team budgets earlier in the year and Columbia had I think the highest budget after Astana ($20million) and Katusha ($18million) at around $15million. Even that doesn't seem enough the way all the riders are jumping ship!!
  • Pokerface
    Maybe everyone jumping ship from Columbia is a reflection of their lack of interest of being one season-long lead-out train for Cavendish. The hugs and high-fives look great on TV, but I suspect many of those guys have greater ambitions than to constantly play second fiddle to Cav.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Cav is going to Sky.
  • Pokerface
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Cav is going to Sky.

YOu know you can't say things like that. Especially when it's SOOOOO untrue!
  • iainf72
    Steegmans confirmed for Der Shack
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Pokerface wrote:
    Maybe everyone jumping ship from Columbia is a reflection of their lack of interest of being one season-long lead-out train for Cavendish. The hugs and high-fives look great on TV, but I suspect many of those guys have greater ambitions than to constantly play second fiddle to Cav.

They are very happy because of the "WIN" Bonuses they get.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • iainf72
    Haussler renewed with Cervelo until 2012
  • iainf72
    deejay wrote:

They are very happy because of the "WIN" Bonuses they get.

They're all leaving because they've been forced to give in their iPhones and use HTC handsets.

You heard it here first folks