Lance Haters

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    dennisn wrote:
    I've pretty much decided that you guys are trolls.
    I think most regulars on here decided this about you some time ago Dennis. It is amusing to see the biggest troll on here accusing others of the very same. :lol:
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I've been accused of worse things in life than a troll - I can live with, it is only Dennis' opinion after all and he's never met me, so it doesn't really count anyway :roll:
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    andyp wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    I've pretty much decided that you guys are trolls.
    I think most regulars on here decided this about you some time ago Dennis. It is amusing to see the biggest troll on here accusing others of the very same. :lol:

I keep telling everyone that I only do this to remind you that everything people say and do
    has consequences. The consequence of name calling by one person is to me, a call to
    deal out a bit of the same. Childish? Sure. Though no more so than anyone else in their repeated slammings of anyone they choose. Tit for tat. And they don't like it? Imagine that.
    Am I a big troll? Sure, or not, believe what you will. Damned if I know. I'm just glad I don't have all of the pent up rage some of you seem to have. In some ways I'm actually glad that I can control people by infuriating them. It's an art of sorts.
  • Slow day then, Dennis?
    I can honestly say, you don't infuriate me.
    Life's too short.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Homer J wrote:
    You don't hate him. He just make you feel inadequate , he's everything you want to be, but never will be.

lol classic! Lance is a legend, and does more for charity than any other current athlete. He will be remembered for great things long after us and this forum!
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Slow day then, Dennis?
    I can honestly say, you don't infuriate me.
    Life's too short.

Yeah. Been real slow for weeks. Glad I don't p*ss you off. You're right, life is too short.
    Do you ever get the feeling that some people on here are consumed with rage? Or just
    really good trolls? Or bored like me? I can't decide.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Earthbounds opinion is more or less mine too.

But I like Dennis as well, vive la difference as they say somewhere foriegn.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Earthbound.... I don't often read the Armstrong threads but cheers for writing that long post. I think anyone thinking it is a rant must be terribly pre-biased towards Armstrong before reading it.

I thought it was all very well explained and informative for a lot of people too. Just like a good post should be. How you can get slated for any of that or the way in which you put it puts some others in a certain light.

(im not saying this cos I agree with it all either, its just nice to read proper points well put).
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I wouldn't like to see 'dennisn' banned as he (in common with all those anti-universal health care nuts over in the USA) does such a good job of reminding us that the sort of negative stereotypes which people often have of Americans are, more often than not, based on a rather scary reality.

However, such a sideways attempt to label other people on here as being '*ssholes', along with the poster's previous transparent effort to call one of the female posters on here a 'stupid c_u_n_t', and get away with it, surely deserves the attention of the mods. Then again, the mods seem to be more interested in removing those critical of Armstrong from the forum.

Goodness me, Howard, you are on good form. First an attempt to demonise dennis (as if he needed it) by associating him with Republican "nuts" (a very topical cause you picked though, so points for that), then you attempt to link your banning to your anti-Armstrong views, when we all know it was because you got involved in a puerile name-calling match with jackhammer. And to think that some people wrote that they admired your debating style, when aurelio got banned. The mind boggles.

Perhaps if you're asking for the mods to think about banning people, they should be thinking about re-banning someone who got banned and then simply re-registered under another username! :roll:
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • mercsport
    mercsport Posts: 664
    mfin wrote:
    Earthbound.... I don't often read the Armstrong threads but cheers for writing that long post. I think anyone thinking it is a rant must be terribly pre-biased towards Armstrong before reading it.

I thought it was all very well explained and informative for a lot of people too. Just like a good post should be. How you can get slated for any of that or the way in which you put it puts some others in a certain light.

(im not saying this cos I agree with it all either, its just nice to read proper points well put).

+1 . :D

Yep , a very well expressed post by earthbound. Everyone should read it.

Strange that Dennis - and others - should read rage and hate against LA into it from the poster. Is he not telling it like it is ? A near forensic analysis of how Lance 'does it', and, furthermore, gets away with it. Told in an engaging and commendably dispassionate style. I can only imagine that those who are blind believers of Armstrong's sanctity, reflexively snarl when cornered and trying to defend the indefensible.

Is not a 'fact' a fact ? Wherein lies the aggression ? :?
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Earthbound wrote:
    Lance is NOT a great cyclist, he has had a very EFFICIENT strategy for winning the Tour.
    This may be true, but in that case it's a bit surprising that for seven years no-one else rumbled the strategy, or had the motivation or resources to take him on. Can you really say that anyone in the tour from 1999 to 2005 showed that they were a better rider?
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    dennisn wrote:
    micron wrote:
    Earthbound, that pretty much goes to the heart of it for me.

Let's see now. Earthbound and micron? I've pretty much decided that you guys are trolls.
    Couldn't be anything else. If you were that angry for real, ulcers would have eaten away your stomachs by now. If you are real, take my advice and stay on your meds. I remember a teenage nephew of mine that reminds me of you. Angry at everyone and everything, depressed, zero love life(go figure), no friends, real loner. I keep thinking I should have decked him that time he gave me a bunch of grief and threatened to punch my lights out. Instead I couldn't stop laughing. He was just an *sshole. A really big *sshole.

Dennis, your posts are normally irksome and irritating in a charming sort of way, but your last couple have been horshsh*t. There's no anger in earthbound's post, just an honest opinion sincerely expressed.

You're letting yourself down. You're the *sshole.
  • Lance is a star ***
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Geez... do some of you guys have an interest in cycling or just bitching about it/each other?

Not a welcoming environment for newcomers...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Get lost Monkeypump.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Right, I'm off to sulk.

Sod Lance, I hate you all!!!

Insert tantrum here....
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    dennisn wrote:
    micron wrote:

Let's see now. Earthbound and micron? I've pretty much decided that you guys are trolls.
    Couldn't be anything else. If you were that angry for real, ulcers would have eaten away your stomachs by now. If you are real, take my advice and stay on your meds. I remember a teenage nephew of mine that reminds me of you. Angry at everyone and everything, depressed, zero love life(go figure), no friends, real loner. I keep thinking I should have decked him that time he gave me a bunch of grief and threatened to punch my lights out. Instead I couldn't stop laughing. He was just an *sshole. A really big *sshole.

Dennis, your posts are normally irksome and irritating in a charming sort of way, but your last couple have been horshsh*t. There's no anger in earthbound's post, just an honest opinion sincerely expressed.

You're letting yourself down. You're the *sshole.

anyone else see tthe irony here ?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    micron wrote:
    t

there there are huge flaws in his arguement one of which his main rivals in the 7 years more or less did what he did, cant recall Ullrich or Basso or Pantani winning too much in those years or blasting there way round the spring classics or Giro other thanfor warm up for the TDF. As for a team of strong domestiques i think you can back as far as the 1903 Tour for evidence of that, LA is not unique in having a strong team. Too say he was not a good cyclist is just nonsensical in the extreme its as ludicrous as saying Pele or Maradona were average footballers.
  • moray_gub
    I wouldn't like to see 'dennisn' banned as he (in common with all those anti-universal health care nuts over in the USA) does such a good job of reminding us that the sort of negative stereotypes which people often have of Americans are, more often than not, based on a rather scary reality.

I dont see what his nationality has to do with anything ,is that the level of debate we have reached in here ?.............mind you anti american feelling is positively encouraged in this forum so i am not surprised
  • moray_gub
    mercsport wrote:
    mfin wrote:

+1 . :D

Yep , a very well expressed post by earthbound. Everyone should read it.

Strange that Dennis - and others - should read rage and hate against LA into it from the poster. Is he not telling it like it is ? A near forensic analysis of how Lance 'does it', and, furthermore, gets away with it. Told in an engaging and commendably dispassionate style. I can only imagine that those who are blind believers of Armstrong's sanctity, reflexively snarl when cornered and trying to defend the indefensible.

Is not a 'fact' a fact ? Wherein lies the aggression ? :?

Sure it was long post with some decent points but it was also littered with shite.
  • Basso won the Giro, same Pantani, Ulrich the Vuelta they certainly didnt consentrate soley on one race. It does seem that some people cant argue a point without getting nasty (and that goes for both sides of the argument) i think most of Earthbound comments were about right, if you disagree then fine but maybe make a point instead of having ago at him? :roll: (or her :oops: whichever the case maybe)
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    DaveyL wrote:
    ...you are on good form. First an attempt to demonise dennis (as if he needed it) by associating him with Republican "nuts" (a very topical cause you picked though, so points for that...
    Reading Dennis's previous posts makes it clear that not only does Dennis have Republican sympathies, given his declared 'love' of the extremist, right-wing, 'libertarian' dogma of Ayn Rand, I would not be at all surprised if Dennis spends his spare time waving a placard of Obama sporting a Hitler moustache and arguing that providing universal health care is an intolerable intrusion of 'the state' into people's lives. After all, Obama's plans are just the sort of thing Rand was opposed to.
    Moray Gub wrote:
    I dont see what his nationality has to do with anything ,is that the level of debate we have reached in here ?.............mind you anti american feelling is positively encouraged in this forum so i am not surprised
    'mericans seem to be pretty adept at fostering 'anti-American' feelings themselves without any help from places like this. Then again such 'anti-Americanism' usually is no such thing, being more an expression of resistance to America's invasion of Iraq, scary religious fundamentalism, 'Freepers' who paint Obama as being a 'communist' and so on.

Anyhow, back to the Armstrong angle. Given his supposed concern for those suffering from cancer, has Armstrong been twittering of late in support of Obama's plans to provide health care for the approaching 50 million Americans who have no health cover and for whom a cancer diagnosis is probably a death sentence? If he hasn't I would suggest that this shows that his 'concern' for cancer sufferers is at best a half-hearted and at worst a fraud.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Earthbound wrote:
    Just my considered opionion.

And what an opinion at that. Without doubt the best post on Lance on this forum. I couldn't put it better and I am glad you emphasize how his racing is not note-worthy and do so with a knowledge of the sport and its history and what it means to true fans as opposed to July/Lance fans.

I only hope he sticks to MTB as his presence is NOT welcome in the road scene. A despicable character and rider.

As for some of the characters on this thread and other Lance related threads:
    'Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.' -Mark Twain
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DaveyL
    Reading Dennis's previous posts makes it clear that not only does Dennis have Republican sympathies, given his declared 'love' of the extremist, right-wing, 'libertarian' dogma of Ayn Rand, I would not be at all surprised if Dennis spends his spare time waving a placard of Obama sporting a Hitler moustache and arguing that providing universal health care is an intolerable intrusion of 'the state' into people's lives. After all, Obama's plans are just the sort of thing Rand was opposed to.

And yet again, off you go, projecting what you think other people do and think...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Having said that Davey Dennis does enough of this himself so his just getting his own back, but his just doing it to get back at those who have done it to others any one else confused? Seeing as this thread has failed to localize all things Lance can we just agree to disagree? no of course not sorry for mentioning it :wink::)
  • DaveyL
    Basso won the Giro, same Pantani, Ulrich the Vuelta they certainly didnt consentrate soley on one race. It does seem that some people cant argue a point without getting nasty (and that goes for both sides of the argument) i think most of Earthbound comments were about right, if you disagree then fine but maybe make a point instead of having ago at him? :roll: (or her :oops: whichever the case maybe)

Ullirch won the Vuelta in 1999, he didn't ride the Tour that year.

Imagine Tiger Woods winning the Masters seven years in a row, and some folk saying "Well, he's not that good - he never played the Walmart Classic"...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • I was making the point that they did ride other events particularly GT's something Lance didnt do, i did realise the Ullrich didnt ride that year but thought it was mentioning as Moray was making the point that those riders soley focused on the Tour. Any ho doesnt really matter as the point is that some like Lance and the way he wins and others dont and each is entitled to there opinon and should be able to express it.
  • DaveyL
    Having said that Davey Dennis does enough of this himself so his just getting his own back, but his just doing it to get back at those who have done it to others any one else confused? Seeing as this thread has failed to localize all things Lance can we just agree to disagree? no of course not sorry for mentioning it :wink::)

I'm happy for dennis to get all that's coming to him, but I object to the insidious tactics Howard/aurelio/bernie uses to try and get his point across. He is all for fact and objectivity in others, yet his posts are laced with assumption and innuendo when it comes to other people and all too often he is happy to put words in other people's mouths.

Once you realise it's all political with Howard, then it all becomes clear.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL
    I was making the point that they did ride other events particularly GT's something Lance didnt do, i did realise the Ullrich didnt ride that year but thought it was mentioning as Moray was making the point that those riders soley focused on the Tour. Any ho doesnt really matter as the point is that some like Lance and the way he wins and others dont and each is entitled to there opinon and should be able to express it.

Armstrong rode the Vuelta in 1998. Do you think Ullrich would've ridden the Vuleta in 99 if hed already ridden the Tour that year?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Ullrich of those three had the most similar calendar to Lance and i would probably put him in the To Tour Focused group yes, but his did win another GT so i figured id give him his due on that one.