Lance Haters

14567810»

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    I only hope he sticks to MTB as his presence is NOT welcome in the road scene. A despicable character and rider.

As for some of the characters on this thread and other Lance related threads:
    'Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.' -Mark Twain

For normal people reading this, they would understand that it is my opinion and not someone elses. The clue is in the "I".

How you thought otherwise is beyond me.

The 'I' qualifies the first half of the sentence not the second half as I read it.

You think its acceptable to be that rude, condescending and patronising back do you?

Well. Let me just explain before I leave this, I think you have made a lot of valid points and obviously follow cycling a lot ...BUT... as far as discussions go, communication is a bit of an art. Why do you choose to be condescending and patronising by default? I think I wouldn't be alone in thinking that it is not an endearing quality and it DOES get in the way of some valid points that you try to make.

For example, starting a comment with "For those of you who are ignorant or simply are new...." like you did earlier, followed by "Notice this... notice that...". Well, I'm sorry but I don't think Id be alone in finding that 'tone' overshadowing what valid points you might be making.

This is a forum of typed words, thats all you get to use. If you talked to strangers in a pub like that they'd walk off at best, so why do it on here?

Like I said... you know your stuff but 'communication is an art' and sometimes on here you're unforunately coming across like a 'monkey with a box of crayons'.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    dennisn wrote:
    I'm not, at all, interested in politics...
    Even to say that is to make a political statement...

Well, ya got me there. I think.
  • dennisn
    rockmount wrote:
    Jeeez I can't wait for the kids to go back to school.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • rockmount wrote:

That's a dangerous comment to make, in this day and age. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    rockmount wrote:

That's a dangerous comment to make, in this day and age. :wink:

...and ... the sinister side re-emerges :wink::wink:
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    mfin wrote:

Like I said... you know your stuff but 'communication is an art' and sometimes on here you're unforunately coming across like a 'monkey with a box of crayons'.

Now that is funny :lol:
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • mfin wrote:
    I only hope he sticks to MTB as his presence is NOT welcome in the road scene. A despicable character and rider.

The 'I' qualifies the first half of the sentence not the second half as I read it.

You are totally right of course though I might hve gone further to explain that the bit starting "his presence is NOT welcome in the road scene" does not read like personal opinion at all but rather a statement of fact about the concensus in the "Road Scene". If we are going to get pedantic about it of course.

I think this is pretty wide of the mark personally. It would seem hard to believe all those riders, sponsors, tv channels and organisers who have benefitted from his ride this year (tour down under for example) would not feel his presence isn't welcome. However I would love to know the in's and out's of the peloton really. He never seems short of a few riders to come training with him or do vid interviews for his site (Gerrans, Rogers, Cav etc). I would hazard a guess that he is quite welcome for some.

The writing style (and forgive me if this is wrong) seems to be that of a younger member but of course who knows, this is the big bad internetzzzzz. 8)
  • dennisn
    mfin wrote:

You are totally right of course though I might hve gone further to explain that the bit starting "his presence is NOT welcome in the road scene" does not read like personal opinion at all but rather a statement of fact about the concensus in the "Road Scene". If we are going to get pedantic about it of course.

I think this is pretty wide of the mark personally. It would seem hard to believe all those riders, sponsors, tv channels and organisers who have benefitted from his ride this year (tour down under for example) would not feel his presence isn't welcome. However I would love to know the in's and out's of the peloton really. He never seems short of a few riders to come training with him or do vid interviews for his site (Gerrans, Rogers, Cav etc). I would hazard a guess that he is quite welcome for some.

The writing style (and forgive me if this is wrong) seems to be that of a younger member but of course who knows, this is the big bad internetzzzzz. 8)

+1 except for the fact that you are trying to reason with frenchfighter. That is something that simply can't be done. He sure has his "issues" with Lance. Almost sounds like a bad boyfriend breakup at times.
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    14 friggin' pages!!! Go on guys, you'll set the High Score!
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    dennisn wrote:
    ...you are trying to reason with frenchfighter. That is something that simply can't be done. He sure has his "issues" with Lance. Almost sounds like a bad boyfriend breakup at times.
    So, quite apart from showing signs of old-fashioned sexism, as in the underhand way you tried to imply that a female member of this forum was a 'stupid c_u_n_t', you seem to be a bit of a homophobe as well.