Stage 15 Pontarlier - Vebier *spoiler*

Comments

• avalon
    avalon Posts: 345
    Liggett and Sherwin were hilarious today. Few years back they were quite happily criticising T-Mobile whenever Ullrich/Kloeden were chasing after their teammate Vino when he'd made an attack. Today they were reduced to marvelling at how amazing Armstrong was riding when he's so close to getting a pension and he's not seen a bike for so long(!) :lol:

And being the perfect team player marshalling the chasers or some such cr@p. :roll:
    'Bout time they were put out to grass mi thinks.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,874
    Timoid. wrote:
    I found it hard to understand what Liggett and Sherwin were saying with Lance's dick in their mouths.

:lol:
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Good interview. Note the last point.
    Third paragraph is a good one.

"He [Armstrong] is a rival like the others."

"Now everyone in the team must work to defend my position."

I wonder if that is going to happen, given the stirling 'defensive' work Armstrong and Kloden were doing behind him today! (On French TV Armstrong admitted that he was riding to his limit).
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    NEWSFLASH...... Lance Armstrong is SECOND on GC. Well done Lance, bravo. Let's see what unfolds over the last week.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Cancellara's saddle:
    18072009_09gf.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Fastlad wrote:
    NEWSFLASH...... Lance Armstrong is SECOND on GC. Well done Lance, bravo. Let's see what unfolds over the last week.

Yes, he is.
    Kind of shows how the Team TT distort's the whole race, no? :wink:
    I wouldn't be too optimistic for the next week, but, then again, I'm not related to Rockmount. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad wrote:

Yes, he is.
    I wouldn't be too optimistic for the next week, but, then again, I'm not related to Rockmount. :P

Distorts the race? not at all. Astana are a very strong team together and individually they are all strong riders, even old lance :wink: So, no :roll:
  • avalon
    avalon Posts: 345
    Fastlad wrote:

Did you used to be logged on as "Floyd Fan" or "Landis fan " or was it Hamilton?
  • blazing_saddles
    Fastlad wrote:

Distorts the race? not at all. Astana are a very strong team together and individually they are all strong riders, even old lance :wink: So, no :roll:

Well, enjoy it while it lasts, which should be until Tuesday, Wednesday, if you are lucky.
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    Cancellara's saddle:
    18072009_09gf.jpg

awful.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    They sell those in Ann Summers.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Until now many have been viewing Armstrong as a reak contender, now he's looking more vulnerable. Certainly riders won't hesitate to attack him, to treat him like any other rider.
  • mididoctors
    Kléber wrote:
    Until now many have been viewing Armstrong as a reak contender, now he's looking more vulnerable. Certainly riders won't hesitate to attack him, to treat him like any other rider.

been bluffing everyone for two weeks....
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Fastlad
    Kléber wrote:

been bluffing everyone for two weeks....

how so? Are you suggesting a 7 time tour winner, who is still a very strong rider (he's currently 2nd on GC) is a total charlatan? I for one, won't write him off yet. Erm....ANY other rider? don't think so, not with his palmares! :wink:
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Fastlad wrote:

Yes, he is.

Lance is 2nd in GC for his all round performance not just for the TTT. No I don't think he'll win it, i hope Wiggins moves up and stays there. But Lance only gained 18 seconds on Garmin in TTT and 40 on Saxo Bank. Admittedly those 18 put LA ahead of Wiggins but he's 49 ahead of Andy Schleck. Minimal gaps but proves he's doing ok. I think he'll drop off because he's not at as strong as others but he's bloody good still.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    TTT + Crosswind have given him this position. His high position is largely down to his experience and strong team - you fanboys are deluded.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • pantsani
    pantsani Posts: 114
    Anyone read this http://www.sportsscientists.com ?

The guy thinks Contador's climb was some sort of vertical ascension record in today's stage and casts the standard doubts , shame really
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    pantsani wrote:

The guy thinks Contador's climb was some sort of vertical ascension record in today's stage and casts the standard doubts , shame really

Interesting but you tend to get very high VAM's on short climbs.

I'm currently being amused by searching for @lancearmstrong on Twitter to see what the faithful are saying. "You're getting better every day" - Yes, that's why Cadel who said he had his worst day ever in the Tour finished in front of him
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    edited July 2009
    Fanboy? Why is it you are either a Lance fanboy or lance basher? I like Lance but i'm not a fanboy. He's not my favourite for this tour and i'd really like him to show some humility and just admit AC's the best and ride for him. But it's not his fault he's in the strongest team and knows where to position himself in a group. You say experience like it's a bad thing. If judgement and tactics aren't counted you may aswell hold the tour on turbo trainers.
  • Fastlad
    TTT + Crosswind have given him this position. His high position is largely down to his experience and strong team - you fanboys are deluded.

oh right!! his experience? yes...bucket loads. strong team? He's never denied it! You did however forget to mention the man's sheer raw talent. But hey, that is cycling (as Lance has said several times throughout this tour.) Yes, i am indeed a fan, but....never deluded! :lol:
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    iainf72 wrote:
    pantsani wrote:

Yes, i would have thought that today's stage was well set for a very high VAM. No big mountains before hand (2nds and 3rds only), then a high pace set at the bottom before he attacked higher up. I think the Alpe d'huez record was set on a day where it had been pretty much flat all the way beforehand (although Pantani, 1997, might also have had something to do with it). Rest day tomorrow as well and i dont think Conty will have been tested at all in recent days (stop sniggering at the back, i meant on his bike :wink: ). Will be interesting to see how the next few stages compare,.
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    What happened to Moncoutie today? He was in the break but then didnt go on from there (havent had a chance to see the highlights yet). Maybe he is after stage wins, realised that the leaders were going to catch them and decided to save his energy for another day?
  • mididoctors
    What happened to Moncoutie today? He was in the break but then didnt go on from there (havent had a chance to see the highlights yet). Maybe he is after stage wins, realised that the leaders were going to catch them and decided to save his energy for another day?

been looking for the soft break a fair few times.... stage 19?

I just don't think he is that strong this year.
  • blazing_saddles
    iainf72 wrote:
    I'm currently being amused by searching for @lancearmstrong on Twitter to see what the faithful are saying. "You're getting better every day" - Yes, that's why Cadel who said he had his worst day ever in the Tour finished in front of him

LOL. Yes, that is a very good point.
    The fanboy flag should be flying at half mast, yet still, they refuse to play "Last Post".
    Instead, they employ some perverse logic, that he has actually somehow improved his GC position, by out climbing Rinaldo "Rabbit" Nocentini and George "Il Pirata" Hincapie! :lol:
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    Perhaps the fanbois missed the interview on the ITV4 highlights - Lance pretty much conceded defeat.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • mididoctors
    Eurostar wrote:
    Perhaps the fanbois missed the interview on the ITV4 highlights - Lance pretty much conceded defeat.

he looked broken....

talk of another year then the admission of age.... then the truth of it all appeared behind his eyes...

reality

a_1098.png
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    NapoleonD wrote:
    They sell those in Ann Summers.

ribbed for his pleasure :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Peakraider
    Peakraider Posts: 143
    WHO IS THE BEST?

I would also like to point out that Contador attacked with 5km to go and he managed to put 40-100 secs into top GC riders. Although great, it is not the performance of a doper, who with 5km would have put multiple minutes in.

No doubt he's as clean as all the other GC contenders this year -- whatever that might mean.

He's certainly had a lot of good blood in his system in the past, though.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100

been looking for the soft break a fair few times.... stage 19?

I just don't think he is that strong this year.

Too old.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    iainf72 wrote:
    pantsani wrote:

The comments section of SS.com is makes enlightening reading - there's so many unknown or unaccounted for variables it renders comparitive analysis meaningless.

It's theequiavlent of asking a fortune teller to do a paternity test for you rather than a forensic scientist. Site should be renamed http://www.sportspseudoscientists.com.