Armstrong vs Contador

Comments

• moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Moray I suggest you only contribute to this thread if you have something interesting to say.

If you feel strongly about point X and have posted about it on a thread, I will not come on and comment on your opinion in the way you have commented on mine regardless of whether I think it is ridiculous thing to feel strongly about it.

It doesn't do your intelligence any favours.

Two points here........ ill contribute to a thread on a public forum as and when i fell i want to and i will comment on any particluar opinion on a public forum as and when i feel want to. Got that ? good.......... now to the point at hand your comments imo are based on your growing hatred of LA, fine if thats your thing but dont expect others not to comment.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • rokkala
    rokkala Posts: 649
    talk about painting yourself into a corner ^^
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Getting worked up Moray? I know you can but I also know that I wouldn't.

I don't judge my level of control, my morals, my intelligence, my judgement to be the same as others. I know my standards are not going to be the same as others all the time.

You should chose your words carefully. Words like hate and love and a random one: obviously are used too often. They lose their real sense and meaning.

I do not hate Armstrong or anyother cyclist. I dislike him. There is a big difference.

Hatred is what is attributed to dictators and murderers.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133

As for Axel well that is pretty poor show if he did that for every race, even if the two are not hugely different.

You're showing your lack of knowledge here. Merckx had it written into his contract that he could ride his old man's frames for at least two teams.

Cipolini rode whatever the hell he wanted. Remember his comeback with Rock Racing?

cipo.jpg
    How about these?

cipollini2ui2.jpg
    FScipo.jpg

Its just a bit of fun. Your hatred of Armstrong is getting as annoyiing as Shergitt's hero worshiping of the man.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Getting worked up Moray? I know you can but I also know that I wouldn't.

I don't judge my level of control, my morals, my intelligence, my judgement to be the same as others. I know my standards are not going to be the same as others all the time.

You should chose your words carefully. Words like hate and love and a random one: obviously are used too often. They lose their real sense and meaning.

I do not hate Armstrong or anyother cyclist. I dislike him. There is a big difference.

Hatred is what is attributed to dictators and murderers.

Did you retract the post where you called Armstrong a "conard" then?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • frenchfighter
    edited July 2009
    You missed a couple:
    50814662-480-90-480-70.jpg
    0805_cipollini_g.gif

Cipollini was fined for riding those outrageous kits. Furthermore, Rock Racing is no where near the same league as Astana, and you only need to look at their kits and the people involved with them to know you cannot take them seriously and that is exactly what they are after.

Also, you are missing the point. Did he ride every single race he took part in over one season with a widely different paint job? Did he have nearly ten bikes? Did he always train out of team kit?

Now, does Lance?

As for 'hate' may I refer you back to my previous post.

Finally if people have problems with what I say about Lance or anything else, there is a very simple answer: do not click onto this thread.

If there is a thread I don't like the look of or someone spouting what I think is nonsence, I don't look at it, I don't comment on it. Very easy.

Davey - does 'conard' have anything to do with hate. You can dislike someone and call them that.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DaveyL
    Certainly counts as a personal comment, I'd say. As to the level of dislike, it could be anywhere from mild to hatred - who knows?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • frenchfighter
    DaveyL wrote:
    Certainly counts as a personal comment, I'd say. As to the level of dislike, it could be anywhere from mild to hatred - who knows?

This is getting tiring now.

1. My post on personal comments referred to making personal comments about other forum members.
    2. You can read what you like into my adjectives. If I say beautiful, you can think that I mean ugly or spectacular for all I care. All that matters is what I think when using them.

I'm sorry but my comment about hate says it all clearly and it cannot be countered.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DaveyL
    I didn't realise personal comments about other forumers were off-limits but those against riders were OK. Apologies for not making the distinction.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Finally if people have problems with what I say about Lance or anything else, there is a very simple answer: do not click onto this thread.

Or alternatively they will comment as they see fit, if you aint happy about that then i suggest posting on a public forum is not for you. ..........and yes imo you do hate LA.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    afx237vi wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Sorry you're unable to ride. Great sport. Good fun. Still I'm thinking that if you could you'd
    be just like the rest of us in our brightly colored clothes, high end helmets, shiny bikes and components. Yes? No?

As for me being hypocritical. You bet. Most people are in one way or another. And yeah,
    I form opinions of the people who post on this forum. Just like everyone else. :wink::wink:

Who's to say I don't sit on my sofa watching TV whilst wearing lycra, a helmet and a pair of Oakley shades anyway? 8)

(I'm KIDDING, people.)

Whoa. Now that's too much information. :wink:
  • The Prodigy
    The Prodigy Posts: 832
    French Fighter upsetting people again, deary me.

Come on guys the wee lad has an unhealthy obsession with Bertie and as such that makes Lance the devil
  • Eurostar
    Eurostar Posts: 1,806
    I think this thread has run its course. Can we have some more pics of Cipo please? Preferably in his world champion strip. I bought the whole thing years ago - arm warmers, knee warmers, overshoes, gloves, the lot. I haven't worn it yet because I have to earn it first. But I have a plan.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • Who says Lance does not have quality friends Frenchie ????

mercx.jpg
  • avalon
    avalon Posts: 345
    PeteinSQ wrote:
    You don't understand either. Has his TT bike or his road bike got anything to do with him winning the Tour 7 times? Is it covered with sevens?

It's to do with him being diagnosed with cancer etc etc. All that 1274 business.

Why does Cav ride a bike that looks like a riveted fighter plane?

Not according to his most obsequious fan, Sherwin; it's about the days he was retired from the sport of professional bicycle racing.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Who says Lance does not have quality friends Frenchie ????

mercx.jpg

Oh that's harsh, I'm sure he has SOME friends
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    May I direct you to the entire point of all the different bikes Lance rides: http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/stages/

As for wearing different kit during training - again, it's all about promoting the cancer charity (the supposed reason for his return).

What's the problem here?

What has your favourite rider done for charity recently?
  • avalon
    edited July 2009
    Pokerface wrote:
    May I direct you to the entire point of all the different bikes Lance rides: http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/stages/

As for wearing different kit during training - again, it's all about promoting the cancer charity (the supposed reason for his return).

What's the problem here?

As he/she/ they probably wouldn't make a career and a fortune out of broadcasting the fact we mayl never know.
  • dennisn
    Pokerface wrote:

Now THAT was well put.
  • Pokerface
    avalon wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

What's the problem here?

As he/she/ they probably wouldn't make a career and a fortune out of broadcasting the fact we mayl never know.

Maybe I'm way off base here - but isn't the point of having a very public charity organisation - to promote it!? I mean - what's the point of running a charity and promoting a cause if no one knows about it? Kinda defeats the purpose.

And I'm pretty sure that LA made his money by riding his bike.
  • grantus
    grantus Posts: 690
    I can't believe i've just sat and read through the last 4 pages!!

There's 30 minutes of my life i'll never see again - arguing about colours of bikes :lol::lol:
  • avalon
    Pokerface wrote:
    avalon wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

What's the problem here?

Maybe I'm way off base here - but isn't the point of having a very public charity organisation - to promote it!? I mean - what's the point of running a charity and promoting a cause if no one knows about it? Kinda defeats the purpose.

And I'm pretty sure that LA made his money by riding his bike.

Your question was." what has your favourite rider done for charity"
    My answer.
    "I don't know." or "we may never know" .General gist of the matter OK jar?
    Sorry if I confused you.
    Do you speak English as well as office?
    Way off base. WTFTA?
  • dennisn
    grantus wrote:
    I can't believe i've just sat and read through the last 4 pages!!

There's 30 minutes of my life i'll never see again - arguing about colours of bikes :lol::lol:

I'm so bored here at work(or maybe I should say lack of) that I've read it too.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    ........so what was the answer, who won?
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Pokerface
    avalon wrote:

No. And clearly I don't speak 'idiot' either. Which is why I don't understand you.
  • avalon
    Pokerface wrote:
    avalon wrote:

No. And clearly I don't speak 'idiot' either. Which is why I don't understand you.

Q.E.D.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    ........so what was the answer, who won?

Us, clearly.
  • frenchfighter
    avalon wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    avalon wrote:

Q.E.D.

Touché
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Contador is out on his Sunday stroll:

bettiniphoto_0041866_1_full_600.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest