RPCC Training Group Ride - Sat 21st / Sun 22nd March

12346»

Comments

• Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Lucy & Steve - glad you both enjoyed it! You're both more than welcome to come along again (Lucy, it really wasn't a problem keeping you company and my legs were thankful for it after 90 miles, and Steve, yes it will be a PB for you if you come with us again and do Box Hill, but make sure you get your tea order in with Al at the bottom! :wink: )

Al - Jealous you got out again today, good work! I was hoping to, but didn't get up early enough to meet with the few Wheelers who were heading out to Dunsfold, and then couldn't get motivated... ended up going to watch the Quins game then having a curry so feeling guilty now! :roll:
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    Is anyone around for a midweek ride ? Say wednesday morning ?

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    Gadget_333 wrote:
    As a newbie to the rides I learnt at least one very important lesson - when the guy who has laid out the route says don't try intervals - listen as he knows something you don't.

I must admit I made a passing comment to someone about your eagerness as you flew past us just outside of cobham :lol: , but atleast you managed to stay upright going up winterfolds :oops:
    The emu wrote:
    (although it was a battle overtaking a teenage girl on a mountain bike whilst climbimg at the bottom of RP.

A fantastic admission Wilf!

Yeah I was still averaging around 30 on the flat all the way home which I was happy with but every mole hill felt like a mountain - something I clearly have to work on for Fray Bentos :roll:

The long grazed legged one
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Is anyone around for a midweek ride ? Say wednesday morning ?
    Sorry, gotta work :(
    The emu wrote:
    Well never a dull moment when I'm out on the road - am thinking I'll trade my Wilier in for a uni-cycle with a honking horn. Embarassed
    Was kinda funny being behind you when you went down, not that I laughed too much :lol: main thing is that was do damage to you or the bike.
    The emu wrote:
    Gadget_333 wrote:
    As a newbie to the rides I learnt at least one very important lesson - when the guy who has laid out the route says don't try intervals - listen as he knows something you don't.

I must admit I made a passing comment to someone about your eagerness as you flew past us just outside of cobham Laughing , but atleast you managed to stay upright going up winterfolds Embarassed
    I felt as though I was the one doing the intervals after having to chase down a few of the breakaways so we all took the right turnings. Think next time there might have to be a few of us who know the route. That was knackering.

Also realised that the hill we went over on the way back was the Whitedowns Hill. I like that hill, always harder than it should be as its on the way home..
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    Just planning the next ride now... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I know there are more hills out there :shock:
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • urrrrrrrrrs
    urrrrrrrrrs Posts: 478
    @d :evil:

8th March 2010,Spain ,Here I come !!!!!!
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Well, I guess it's about time for the new thread to start! 8)
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    @d :evil:

Yeah we have done that one a couple of times, but I think the main group left it out on this ride as they were further West. I did it on Saturday trying to catch up with them - and I agree it has an annoying gradient which is too steep to hoon, but too shallow to need to grind.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Hi all

This is a bit off topic but I reckon I could do with a bike fitting to try and help get rid of some of the aches and pains I get on my road bike.

Can anyone suggest a good bike fitting place that won't charge me a fortune for helping me.

Thanks
    Grant
  • I've had Sigma Sport recommended to me before, haven't used them yet though - think they're around the £40 mark?
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    I've had Sigma Sport recommended to me before, haven't used them yet though - think they're around the £40 mark?

Yeah I went to Sigma, cost me I think £30 at the time (was 18 months ago) although I only got a fitting, not actually fitted on a bike.

If you have plenty of cashola can always try this mob in Covent Gardens, I've walked past them a few times and it looks more like an exclusive club - http://www.cyclefit.co.uk/prices.html

The long grazed legged one