Richmond Park 3-lap Challenge 2009

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    mmm I just noticed i'm 11lb lighter than my last attempt :D must be time for another bash, I just hope it'll be a faster time :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    cjcp wrote:
    Come on, Toks! Where's your time? :)
    I'm there matey around 15 position. I hope to break in to the top 5 next week :twisted:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Toks wrote:
    I hope to break in to the top 5 next week :twisted:

:lol: That's what I meant. :wink:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Toks
    Hi fellow 3 lappers. Its great to see how many people are taking up the 3 lap challenge. However as it popularity grows I feel a bit responsible cause I kinda started the whole thing 2/3 years ago. More specifically I recently recived a bit of a ticking off from some 'jobsworths' at my club :roll: So for the sake of a clear conscience forgive me while I point out 10 hopefully very obvious things about the RP3lap Challenge :D

1. PLEASE DON'T PUT YOUR SELF OR OTHER ROAD USERS AT RISK WHEN CHASING PB'S - ITS REALLY NOT WORTH IT!

2. DON'T OVERTAKE CARS UNLESS ITS COMPLETELY SAFE TO DO SO

3. IF RIDING ANTI CLOCKWISE TAKE CARE ON THE FAST CURVY DESCENT, ESPECIALLY IF ITS WET.

4. WATCH OUT AND SLOW DOWN FOR DEER AND OTHER ANIMALS

5. REMEMBER THE SPEED LIMIT IN THE PARK IS 20MPH!!!!!

6. ITS JUST A BIT OF MOTIVATIONAL CARROT FOR US ALL TO TRAIN HARDER SO WHETHER YOU'RE 2ND OR 42ND ON THE LIST IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER.

7. DO IT ON A TT, MOUNTAIN OR ROAD BIKE AGAIN IT DOESN'T MATTER.

8. PEOPLE HAVE BEEN FINED/STOPPED FOR SPEEDING SO TAKE NOTE

9. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AT ALL TIMES

10. ITS NOT AN OFFICIAL TT RACE - SO BETTER TO GET A SLOW TIME AND STAY ACCIDENT FREE THAN GET A FAST TIME AND ALMOST CAUSE HARM DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO YOURSELF OR OTHERS

Sorry I thought it had to be said. Stay safe and Keep training :D
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    Name.......................Direction. ...Weight.. ...Time.....Month.....TOR

Shavedlegs...............Anti.............73kg........53:34.....Mar......2nd Cat.
    KingstonWheeler.....Anti .............66kg........53:37.....Feb......Anything on 2 wheels
    Karl.............................Anti..............61kg........54.16.....Mar......Duathln& Sportivs
    seabadger....... .........Anti ............80kg.........55:33.....Mar......MTB
    CJ...............................Anti..............82kg...... .56.31......Mar.....Commuter/Sportive
    RedGreenBaron .....Anti .......... ..70kg........57:40.....Jan......Sportive
    toontra........................Anti..............71kg.......57.49......Mar.....Audax
    Felgen.......................Anti........... ..96kg........57.53......Mar..... Cat4/'leisure'
    Art Vandelay.............Anti..............76kg........58.50......Feb.....Sportive
    POD............................Anti .............90kg........59.10 ....Jan..... Undecided
    Rookie........................Anti..............98kg........59.10......Mar.....Sportive/Tri
    Guinea.......................Anti..............90kg.........59.31......Mar....fitness
    Stumpy75 ..................Anti .............78kg........59.46 ....Jan..... MTBer (masters)
    Littigator......................Anti.............76kg........59.52......Feb.....Commuter/Sportive
    KingstonGraham......Anti..............74kg........60.02......Mar.....Maybe Sportive/Tri
    HenryS.......................Clock...........77kg........60.54.......Mar....Junior
    Toks............................Anti..............73kg........61.01.......Mar....2nd Cat Roadie
    Rich-Ti........................Anti.........Not sure......61:42.......Feb.....So close it hurts!!
    LuckyPierre................Anti.............82kg........62:05......Jan......Sportive
    Attica..........................Anti..............72kg........62.28.......Mar.....Sportive/Commuter
    Chirg...........................Anti..............78kg........62.42.....Jan.......Commuter
    TheEmu......................Anti.............86kg.........63.04......Mar......Sportive
    mathammond.............Anti.............89kg........63.23......Mar... ...Commuter
    timk..............................Anti.............84kg.........64.00......Mar......Fitness
    Rushie.......................Clock............85kg........64.10......Feb......Fixie
    Fuji Mackers...............Anti.............75kg........64.29.......Mar......SS (48x17)
    Jezzaus......................Anti..............75kg........64.37.......Mar......Beginner
    Arpy.............................Anti............106kg.......65.19.......Feb.......Beginner
    London-red................Anti.............85kg.........65.38.......Mar......Fitness
    CC10..........................Anti..............70kg.........65.42.......Mar......Newbie/beginner
    Funkin........................Anti..............80kg.........66.29.......Feb......Tri
    MkyDPky....................Anti..............82kg.........67.34......Mar.......Beginner/Sportive/Triathlon
    Barney1000...............Clock.........101Kg.......68.05......Feb.. ....Fitness
    Steve M,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Anti..............78kg.........69.26.....Feb.......Commuter/Social
    MkyDPky................. ...Anti..............82kg........69.49......Feb.......Beginner Sportive/Triathlon
    itboffin........................C2/A1..........86kg..........70.46.....Jan........SCR
    Blueskyturnstogrey...Anti.............80kg.........72.22......Jan.......Hopefull
    Wogan........................Anti.............70kg..........75.44......Mar.......Commuter/SkinnyFatman
    Greenbank.................Anti..............82kg........76:04.......Feb......Audax/Fixed
    Beer, anyone?...........Anti.............65kg.........78:22......Feb.......Slow
    roger merriman.........Anti..............85Kg.........80...........Mar.......old steel

Wind a bit lighter today, although a lot of traffic, horses, buses, etc. Still, another PB.

Comments about park etiquette noted, Toks. Thanks for reminding us all. Basically you have to slow down if unsure about safety (yourself or others), even if you are on a fast 3-lapper. There's always another day, and the park is there for everyone to enjoy.

a serious case of small cogs
  • Shavedlegs
    Shavedlegs Posts: 310
    I think I'm right in saying that as we complain so much about having to slow down for traffic, we have our priorities straight and would sacrifice a flying lap for common sense and safety. Provided we get to use as an excuse for not breaking the hour.

Toks, you're not responsibe as such anyway, people have been trying to get PB's around the park for longer than your post. You have just added to the fun, and created a bit of community around it. Thank you.

And raised your club profile (not that it needed it).
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    +1

Oh, I had no idea Toks was a member of ADDISCOMBE. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Shavedlegs wrote:
    Toks, you're not responsibe as such anyway, people have been trying to get PB's around the park for longer than your post. You have just added to the fun, and created a bit of community around it. Thank you.

Could this be real? total disregard for their own life & the law.
    Richmond Hell Rides.

Last years rides were so good that this year there is a monthly ride right through to March. (Anyone interested can register at Condor Cycles – they are sponsoring with Rapha and team up the cyclists and motorcyclists). You will need racing insurance though.

Richmond Park after hours is the perfect venue for these rides. (They used to use Eastway after hours). As this racing is not strictly legal they keep the noise down and the race starts at 0330 to ensure clear roads.

The racing is in teams – a motorbike puller and cyclist rider. Each cyclist has a heavy braided bungee (in fact a windsurfer uphaul cord which is perfect for this) – attached to the motorcycle. A quick release carabiner is mounted on the cycle bars. Cyclists were wearing knee and elbow pads and goggles, all helmeted – even a couple with motorcycle full face skidlids.

I was surprised to see the guys on fixies removing their chains but this is not a sport to do on fixed gears – as you will see. Hell Riding is the ultimate test of courage, handling skills, and tyre adhesion – but pedalling is not needed...

The race consists of 2 laps of the park – at full speed. No holds barred racing conditions in the dark. Any longer and the park would be crawling with police!

At the signal, the bikes fired up with a roar and pulled away in a blaze of lights and exhaust. The start is technical – too fast and the bungee stretches and then shoots the cycle with a risk of rear ending the puller - too slow and one has already lost the race.

Within seconds I found myself hurtling down the long backstraight faster than I have ever been on a cycle, behind my puller on a Honda 900cc Hornet at full throttle. According to my GPS I topped out at 98.5mph before we hit the bends. It was all I could do to keep my head tucked in and the bike upright.

I could hardly believe how we got around those bends – my puller was riding like a pro and touching his knee at each corner – and I was leaned at a crazy angle. At each corner I would swing out wide and then wrench round as the bike pulled away.

I have no idea how the upright riders coped with the slipstream at these speeds – one raised head and they would be off the back. A touch on the brakes could easily be fatal. No wonder everyone was padded up.

The two laps passed in a whirl of sound and fury, a complete adrenaline rush. I saw other teams flashing past in a blur of clenched hands, hunched bodies and grimacing faces illuminated red in the lights. We were able to go much faster because I was so much lower – now I saw why my puller had been intrigued by the recumbent!

Suddenly it was over – back at Roehampton gate, out of the park and scattering in all directions to avoid the inevitable police pursuit. I disengaged my bungee, shook hands with the puller, and slipped off into the night. In fact I think we won although that was not really the point. This is one sport where taking part is everything and I feel honoured to say I rode with the Hell Riders and I will be back for the rest of this seasons rides. These guys are pure hard core.

Next day I heard that one of the teams had come unstuck at the bottom of the hill and the cyclist ended up in A&E with a broken collarbone. Not a bad doctors bill for something as extreme as this!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • georgee
    georgee Posts: 537
    First hack of the year, first lap with one of the girls from the club for company and then two giving it the beans.

Shavedlegs...............Anti.............73kg........53:34.....Mar......2nd Cat.
    KingstonWheeler.....Anti .............66kg........53:37.....Feb......Anything on 2 wheels
    Karl.............................Anti..............61kg........54.16.....Mar......Duathln& Sportivs
    CJ...............................Anti..............82kg...... .56.31......Mar.....Commuter/Sportive
    toontra........................Anti..............71kg.......57.49......Mar.....Audax
    Felgen.......................Anti........... ..96kg........57.53......Mar..... Cat4/'leisure'
    Art Vandelay.............Anti..............76kg........58.50......Feb.....Sportive
    POD............................Anti .............90kg........59.10 ....Jan..... Undecided
    Rookie........................Anti..............98kg........59.10......Mar.....Sportive/Tri
    Guinea.......................Anti..............90kg.........59.31......Mar....fitness
    Stumpy75 ..................Anti .............78kg........59.46 ....Jan..... MTBer (masters)
    Littigator......................Anti.............76kg........59.52......Feb.....Commuter/Sportive
    KingstonGraham......Anti..............74kg........60.02......Mar.....Maybe Sportive/Tri
    Georgee...................Anti................83Kg.......60.07......Mar....3rd Cat Roadie
    HenryS.......................Clock...........77kg........60.54.......Mar....Junior
    Toks............................Anti..............73kg........61.01.......Mar....2nd Cat Roadie
    Rich-Ti........................Anti.........Not sure......61:42.......Feb.....So close it hurts!!
    LuckyPierre................Anti.............82kg........62:05......Jan......Sportive
    Attica..........................Anti..............72kg........62.28.......Mar.....Sportive/Commuter
    Chirg...........................Anti..............78kg........62.42.....Jan.......Commuter
    TheEmu......................Anti.............86kg.........63.04......Mar......Sportive
    mathammond.............Anti.............89kg........63.23......Mar... ...Commuter
    timk..............................Anti.............84kg.........64.00......Mar......Fitness
    Rushie.......................Clock............85kg........64.10......Feb......Fixie
    Fuji Mackers...............Anti.............75kg........64.29.......Mar......SS (48x17)
    Jezzaus......................Anti..............75kg........64.37.......Mar......Beginner
    Arpy.............................Anti............106kg.......65.19.......Feb.......Beginner
    London-red................Anti.............85kg.........65.38.......Mar......Fitness
    CC10..........................Anti..............70kg.........65.42.......Mar......Newbie/beginner
    Funkin........................Anti..............80kg.........66.29.......Feb......Tri
    MkyDPky....................Anti..............82kg.........67.34......Mar.......Beginner/Sportive/Triathlon
    Steve M,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Anti..............78kg.........69.26.....Feb.......Commuter/Social
    MkyDPky................. ...Anti..............82kg........69.49......Feb.......Beginner Sportive/Triathlon
    itboffin........................C2/A1..........86kg..........70.46.....Jan........SCR
    Blueskyturnstogrey...Anti.............80kg.........72.22......Jan.......Hopefull
    Wogan........................Anti.............70kg..........75.44......Mar.......Commuter/SkinnyFatman
    Greenbank.................Anti..............82kg........76:04.......Feb......Audax/Fixed
    roger merriman.........Anti..............85Kg.........80...........Mar.......old steel
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Well, I gave this another go, much better conditions today, and far less traffic holdups (maybe half a minute or so total) significant improvement, but interestingly I felt awful with achy legs and couldn't get the power down. Room for improvement yet...

Felgen.......................Anti........... ..96kg........55.40......Mar..... Cat4/'leisure' CJ...............................Anti..............82kg...... .56.31......Mar.....Commuter/Sportive
    Georgee...................Anti................83Kg.......60.07......Mar....3rd Cat Roadie
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • The emu
    The emu Posts: 347
    felgen wrote:
    Well, I gave this another go, much better conditions today, and far less traffic holdups (maybe half a minute or so total) significant improvement, but interestingly I felt awful with achy legs and couldn't get the power down. Room for improvement yet...

Felgen.......................Anti........... ..96kg........55.40......Mar..... Cat4/'leisure' CJ...............................Anti..............82kg...... .56.31......Mar.....Commuter/Sportive

I'm getting achy legs just thinking about going that fast around RP :shock:

The long grazed legged one
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    felgen Brilliant time! I was thinking I could put in a 57 and sneak in front :evil:
  • The emu
    Got up at a sparrows fart and done a few laps this morning...getting closer to that elusive 60 minutes.

TheEmu......................Anti.............86kg.........61.50......Mar......Sportive LuckyPierre................Anti.............82kg........62:05......Jan......Sportive

• felgen
    Great effort Emu, a minute and 16 seconds off in one go! I foresee a subversive 3 lapper campaign by the RPCC riders - sneaking in a quick set here and there under the radar.

The reason I likethe park more and more is that I can get there, ride 3 laps and get home in an hour and a half, plus the weather has been frankly, lovely this week ,and looks set to continue this weekend too.

p.s. you broke the list formatting, can you fix it please :P
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Toks

Felgen.......................Anti........... ..96kg........55.40......Mar..... Cat4/leisure
    CJ...............................Anti..............82kg...... .56.31......Mar.....Comm/Sportive
    Littigator......................Anti.............76kg........59.52......Feb.....Comm/Sportive
    TheEmu......................Anti.............86kg.........61.50......Mar......Sportive
    Attica..........................Anti..............72kg........62.28.......Mar.....Sportive/Comm
    roger merriman.........Anti..............85Kg.........80...........Mar.......old steel[/quote]
  • felgen
    much better! Thanks Toks!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • A lovely morning in the park today, sunny, gentle south-esterly breeze, not much traffic so few car hold-ups - good for my first timed laps this year

Took it fairly easy and apart from c***-up with my stopwatch (rather than starting it reset itself to midnight 1 Jan 2000 :roll:) everything was good - timing is approximate though

Better wind direction and a bit more effort and sub 60 should be doable - would like to go sub 58 but may need some wheels to follow to manage that!

Felgen.......................Anti........... ..96kg........55.40......Mar..... Cat4/leisure
    CJ...............................Anti..............82kg...... .56.31......Mar.....Comm/Sportive
    Littigator......................Anti.............76kg........59.52......Feb.....Comm/Sportive
    TheEmu......................Anti.............86kg.........61.50......Mar......Sportive
    Attica..........................Anti..............72kg........62.28.......Mar.....Sportive/Comm
    thebongolian...............Anti..............c.75kg.....63.00......Mar......Comm / sportive
  • The emu
    felgen wrote:
    Great effort Emu, a minute and 16 seconds off in one go! I foresee a subversive 3 lapper campaign by the RPCC riders - sneaking in a quick set here and there under the radar.

The reason I likethe park more and more is that I can get there, ride 3 laps and get home in an hour and a half, plus the weather has been frankly, lovely this week ,and looks set to continue this weekend too.

p.s. you broke the list formatting, can you fix it please :P

Yeah a bit more of a trek for me, was up at 5:30 to get back in time for work, although seeing your time inspired me to make the effort!

Weather was great although oddly whilst the wind wasn't notably strong it felt as if I was always heading into it on both the north and south legs. :?

Thanks Toks, not sure what happened there, took a load of time to save my post so some sort of internal error I assume :roll: :oops:

• Arpy
    Arpy Posts: 8
    Agreed, the weather was too good not to give it another stab before I sneak off skiing. Rather surprised myself today, but think i'll be hobbling around for a couple of days waiting for my legs to recover after that.

Arpy...........................Anti............106kg....... 61.41.......Mar......Beginner
    thebongolian...............Anti..............c.75kg.....63.00......Mar......Comm / sportive
  • Name.......................Direction. ...Weight.. ...Time.....Month.....TOR

Arpy...........................Anti............106kg....... 61.41.......Mar......Beginner
    MkyDPky....................Anti..............82kg.........67.34......Mar.......Beginner/Sportive/Tri
    Barney1000...............Clock.........101Kg.......67.40......Mar.. ....Fitness
  • alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    Had my first go of the year Wednesady morning - it was beautiful in there, a bit chilly as I was there at 8:15 or so but little wind, few hold ups due to traffic (surprising as rush hour) and only one guy who was sat on my wheel for ages, would come up next to me or past on the climbs then drift back. Until his final herculean effort where he got a huge gap to blow on the climb from Kingston gate! Whoever you are chap from Prologue - thank you! With you sitting on my wheel and pressuring me up the climbs it gave me the motivation to kee going hard and get a fast time! Top 10 :)

Wheelsuckers are probably a good thing for this challenge....

Shavedlegs...............Anti.............73kg.........53:34.........Mar......2nd Cat.
    KingstonWheeler.......Anti ............66kg.........53:37........Feb......Anything on 2 wheels
    Karl............................Anti.............61kg.........54.16........Mar......Duathln& Sportivs
    seabadger....... .........Anti ............80kg.........55:33........Mar......MTB
    Felgen........................Anti........... ..96kg........55.40........Mar..... Cat4/leisure
    CJ...............................Anti..............82kg...... .56.31........Mar.....Comm/Sportive
    RedGreenBaron ........Anti .......... ..70kg........57:40........Jan......Sportive
    toontra........................Anti..............71kg.......57.49.........Mar.....Audax
    Alan Sherman............Anti.............84kg.......58.22.........Mar......3rd cat
    Art Vandelay.............Anti..............76kg........58.50.........Feb.....Sportive
    POD...........................Anti .............90kg.........59.10 .......Jan..... Undecided
    Rookie........................Anti.............98kg..........59.10........Mar.....Sportive/Tri
    Guinea.......................Anti.............90kg..........59.31........Mar....fitness
    Stumpy75 .................Anti ............78kg..........59.46 .......Jan..... MTBer (masters)
    Littigator....................Anti.............76kg...........59.52........Feb.....Comm/Sportive
    KingstonGraham.......Anti.............74kg...........60.02........Mar.....Maybe Sportive/Tri
    Georgee....................Anti.............83Kg..........60.07........Mar....3rd Cat Roadie
    HenryS......................Clock...........77kg..........60.54........Mar....Junior
    Toks...........................Anti.............73kg..........61.01........Mar....2nd Cat Roadie
    Arpy...........................Anti............106kg.........61.41.......Mar......Beginner
    Rich-Ti........................Anti.........Not sure........61:42.......Feb.....So close it hurts!!
    TheEmu......................Anti............86kg...........61.50.......Mar......Sportive
    LuckyPierre................Anti............82kg...........62:05......Jan......Sportive
    Attica..........................Anti............72kg..........62.28.......Mar.....Sportive/Comm
    Chirg...........................Anti............78kg..........62.42.......Jan.......Commuter
    thebongolian...............Anti............c.75kg.......63.00.......Mar......Comm / sportive
    mathammond..............Anti.............89kg.........63.23.......Mar... ...Commuter
    timk.............................Anti.............84kg.........64.00.......Mar......Fitness
    Rushie.......................Clock............85kg.........64.10.......Feb......Fixie
    Fuji Mackers...............Anti.............75kg.........64.29.......Mar......SS (48x17)
    Jezzaus......................Anti.............75kg........64.37.......Mar......Beginner
    CC10..........................Anti..............70kg.........65.42......Mar......Newbie/beginner
    MkyDPky....................Anti..............82kg.........67.34......Mar.......Beginner/Sportive/Tri
    Barney1000...............Clock.........101Kg.........67.40......Mar.. ....Fitness
    Steve M,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Anti..............78kg........69.26.....Feb.......Commuter/Social
    itboffin........................C2/A1..........86kg.........70.46.....Jan........SCR
    Blueskyturnstogrey...Anti.............80kg..........72.22......Jan.......Hopefull
    Wogan........................Anti.............70kg.........75.44......Mar.......Commuter/SkinnyFatman
    Greenbank.................Anti..............82kg.........76:04.......Feb......Audax/Fixed
    Beer, anyone?...........Anti.............65kg..........78:22......Feb.......Slow
    roger merriman.........Anti..............85Kg..........80...........Mar.......old steel
  • Shavedlegs
    Shavedlegs Posts: 310
    I sense there will be some fast today. Looks great out there. Can't believe I'm stuck indoors.
  • wind700
    wind700 Posts: 17
    weather great, no traffic holdups.

Shavedlegs...............Anti.............73kg.........53:34.........Mar......2nd Cat.
    KingstonWheeler.......Anti ............66kg.........53:37........Feb......Anything on 2 wheels
    Karl............................Anti.............61kg.........54.16........Mar......Duathln& Sportivs
    seabadger....... .........Anti ............80kg.........55:33........Mar......MTB
    Felgen........................Anti........... ..96kg........55.40........Mar..... Cat4/leisure
    CJ...............................Anti..............82kg...... .56.31........Mar.....Comm/Sportive
    RedGreenBaron ........Anti .......... ..70kg........57:40........Jan......Sportive
    toontra........................Anti..............71kg.......57.49.........Mar.....Audax
    Alan Sherman............Anti.............84kg.......58.22.........Mar......3rd cat
    Art Vandelay.............Anti..............76kg........58.50.........Feb.....Sportive
    POD...........................Anti .............90kg.........59.10 .......Jan..... Undecided
    Rookie........................Anti.............98kg..........59.10........Mar.....Sportive/Tri
    Guinea.......................Anti.............90kg..........59.31........Mar....fitness
    Stumpy75 .................Anti ............78kg..........59.46 .......Jan..... MTBer (masters)
    Littigator....................Anti.............76kg...........59.52........Feb.....Comm/Sportive
    KingstonGraham.......Anti.............74kg...........60.02........Mar.....Maybe Sportive/Tri
    Georgee....................Anti.............83Kg..........60.07........Mar....3rd Cat Roadie
    HenryS......................Clock...........77kg..........60.54........Mar....Junior
    Toks...........................Anti.............73kg..........61.01........Mar....2nd Cat Roadie
    Arpy...........................Anti............106kg.........61.41.......Mar......Beginner
    Rich-Ti........................Anti.........Not sure........61:42.......Feb.....So close it hurts!!
    TheEmu......................Anti............86kg...........61.50.......Mar......Sportive
    LuckyPierre................Anti............82kg...........62:05......Jan......Sportive
    Attica..........................Anti............72kg..........62.28.......Mar.....Sportive/Comm
    Chirg...........................Anti............78kg..........62.42.......Jan.......Commuter
    thebongolian...............Anti............c.75kg.......63.00.......Mar......Comm / sportive
    mathammond..............Anti.............89kg.........63.23.......Mar... ...Commuter
    timk.............................Anti.............84kg.........64.00.......Mar......Fitness
    Rushie.......................Clock............85kg.........64.10.......Feb......Fixie
    Fuji Mackers...............Anti.............75kg.........64.29.......Mar......SS (48x17)
    Jezzaus......................Anti.............75kg........64.37.......Mar......Beginner
    CC10..........................Anti..............70kg.........65.42......Mar......Newbie/beginner
    Barney1000...............Clock.........101Kg.........67.40......Mar.. ....Fitness
    wind700....................anti..............78kg..........68.58......mar........Fitness
    Steve M,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Anti..............78kg........69.26.....Feb.......Commuter/Social
    itboffin........................C2/A1..........86kg.........70.46.....Jan........SCR
    Blueskyturnstogrey...Anti.............80kg..........72.22......Jan.......Hopefull
    Wogan........................Anti.............70kg.........75.44......Mar.......Commuter/SkinnyFatman
    Greenbank.................Anti..............82kg.........76:04.......Feb......Audax/Fixed
    Beer, anyone?...........Anti.............65kg..........78:22......Feb.......Slow
    roger merriman.........Anti..............85Kg..........80...........Mar.......old steel
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Got there a bit earlier so less traffic, in case anybody was wondering how much the cars can slow you down, I managed to knock off almost 6 minutes from last week's time!

CJ...............................Anti..............82kg...... .56.31........Mar.....Comm/Sportive MatHammond..............Anti.............88kg.........57.29.......Mar... ...Commuter
    wind700....................anti..............78kg..........68.58......mar........Fitness
  • Chirg
    Chirg Posts: 141
    Still room for improvement, but 1m 15s up on my January time. I hope the guy that jumped on my wheel between Robin Hood and Roehampton Gate and stuck there all the way until I dropped him on Dark Hill got a good time, but can't help thinking that it was cheating!

MatHammond..............Anti.............88kg.........57.29.......Mar... ...Commuter
    Chirg...........................Anti............78kg..........61.27.......Mar.......Commuter
  • Petromyzon
    Petromyzon Posts: 221
    Had a good crack, some pretty significant hold-ups but I'm sure many runs have those. Pleased to break the magic hour for the first time 8)
    Apologies to Toks et al, I may possibly have wrecked the formatting:( It always seems to look different when I submit it:(

Name...........................Direction. ...Weight.. ...Time.....Month.....TOR

Shavedlegs.................Anti.............73kg.........53:34.........Mar......2nd Cat.
    KingstonWheeler........Anti ............66kg.........53:37........Feb......Anything on 2 wheels
    Karl..............................Anti.............61kg.........54.16........Mar......Duathln& Sportivs
    seabadger..................Anti ............80kg.........55:33........Mar......MTB
    CJ................................Anti..............82kg...... .56.31........Mar.....Comm/Sportive
    MatHammond............Anti.............88kg.........57.29.......Mar... ...Commuter
    RedGreenBaron........Anti .......... ..70kg........57:40........Jan......Sportive
    Art Vandelay..............Anti..............76kg........58.50.........Feb.....Sportive
    Rookie.......................Anti.............98kg..........59.10........Mar.....Sportive/Tri
    Petromyzon...............Anti.............73kg..........59.45........Mar....fitness
    Littigator.....................Anti.............76kg...........59.52........Feb.....Comm/Sportive
    Toks..........................Anti.............73kg..........61.01........Mar....2nd Cat Roadie
    Chirg..........................Anti............78kg..........61.27.......Mar.......Commuter
    Rich-Ti.......................Anti.........Not sure........61:42.......Feb.....So close it hurts!!
    TheEmu.....................Anti............86kg...........61.50.......Mar......Sportive
    LuckyPierre...............Anti............82kg...........62:05......Jan......Sportive
    thebongolian..............Anti............c.75kg.......63.00.......Mar......Comm / sportive
    timk............................Anti.............84kg.........64.00.......Mar......Fitness
    Fuji Mackers.............Anti.............75kg.........64.29.......Mar......SS (48x17)
    Jezzaus....................Anti.............75kg........64.37.......Mar......Beginner
    London-red...............Anti.............85kg.........65.38.......Mar......Fitness
    CC10........................Anti..............70kg.........65.42......Mar......Newbie/beginner
    Funkin.......................Anti..............80kg.........66.29.......Feb......Tri
    MkyDPky.................Anti..............82kg.........67.34......Mar.......Beginner/Sportive/Tri
    Barney1000.............Clock.........101Kg.........67.40......Mar.. ....Fitness
    wind700....................Anti..............78kg..........68.58......mar........Fitness
    Steve M....................Anti..............78kg........69.26.....Feb.......Commuter/Social
    itboffin.......................C2/A1..........86kg.........70.46.....Jan........SCR
    Wogan.......................Anti.............70kg.........75.44......Mar.......Commuter/SkinnyFatman
    Greenbank................Anti..............82kg.........76:04.......Feb......Audax/Fixed
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Petro - Welcome to the sub 60 club 8)
  • Petromyzon
    Petromyzon Posts: 221
    Cheers mate. I'd really like to go sub-55 min by the end of this calendar year, famous last words :lol::lol:
  • jonnyr5
    jonnyr5 Posts: 13
    First time ride, will be trying the anticlockwise route next, is it a bit easier?

Name...........................Direction. ...Weight.. ...Time.....Month.....TOR

Shavedlegs.................Anti.............73kg.........53:34.........Mar......2nd Cat.
    KingstonWheeler........Anti ............66kg.........53:37........Feb......Anything on 2 wheels
    Karl..............................Anti.............61kg.........54.16........Mar......Duathln& Sportivs
    seabadger..................Anti ............80kg.........55:33........Mar......MTB
    CJ................................Anti..............82kg...... .56.31........Mar.....Comm/Sportive
    MatHammond............Anti.............88kg.........57.29.......Mar... ...Commuter
    RedGreenBaron........Anti .......... ..70kg........57:40........Jan......Sportive
    Art Vandelay..............Anti..............76kg........58.50.........Feb.....Sportive
    Rookie.......................Anti.............98kg..........59.10........Mar.....Sportive/Tri
    Petromyzon...............Anti.............73kg..........59.45........Mar....fitness
    Littigator.....................Anti.............76kg...........59.52........Feb.....Comm/Sportive
    Toks..........................Anti.............73kg..........61.01........Mar....2nd Cat Roadie
    Chirg..........................Anti............78kg..........61.27.......Mar.......Commuter
    Rich-Ti.......................Anti.........Not sure........61:42.......Feb.....So close it hurts!!
    TheEmu.....................Anti............86kg...........61.50.......Mar......Sportive
    LuckyPierre...............Anti............82kg...........62:05......Jan......Sportive
    thebongolian..............Anti............c.75kg.......63.00.......Mar......Comm / sportive
    timk............................Anti.............84kg.........64.00.......Mar......Fitness
    Fuji Mackers.............Anti.............75kg.........64.29.......Mar......SS (48x17)
    Jezzaus....................Anti.............75kg........64.37.......Mar......Beginner
    London-red...............Anti.............85kg.........65.38.......Mar......Fitness
    CC10........................Anti..............70kg.........65.42......Mar......Newbie/beginner
    Funkin.......................Anti..............80kg.........66.29.......Feb......Tri
    MkyDPky.................Anti..............82kg.........67.34......Mar.......Beginner/Sportive/Tri
    Barney1000.............Clock.........101Kg.........67.40......Mar.. ....Fitness
    JonnyR5...................Clock............95kg........68.05......Mar........Commuter
    wind700....................Anti..............78kg..........68.58......mar........Fitness
    Steve M....................Anti..............78kg........69.26.....Feb.......Commuter/Social
    itboffin.......................C2/A1..........86kg.........70.46.....Jan........SCR
    Wogan.......................Anti.............70kg.........75.44......Mar.......Commuter/SkinnyFatman
    Greenbank................Anti..............82kg.........76:04.......Feb......Audax/Fixed
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,262
    jonnyr5 wrote:
    First time ride, will be trying the anticlockwise route next, is it a bit easier?

It's no better or worse either way, I don't think. You don't have a single steep climb like you do on the clockwise, but you do have a long drag up to Richmond Gate - and the wind is almost always making it worse.

The main reason for me to do anti is that the roundabouts are a bit more straightforward anti.