Richmond Park 3-lap Challenge 2009

1242526272830»

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Pretty good weather out there today, but awfully busy traffic, people and deer. I gave it a good go though as I needed to find out how my power was looking. 59:04 280watt average, 312watt Normalized which doesn't compare that well with my best on the list of 309watt average 330watt Normalized for the 54:03 back in June. Still I guess it's not too bad for the middle of the winter.

Maybe I should've waited until friday and gone out so I could start the 2010 and actually be at the top! Or is everyone waiting for that? WIll the park be utterly crowded with 3 lap challengers on New years day?
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • cjcp wrote:

Good man. Me too, although I doubt the wisdom of me doing so!

In case you didn't know already, I think there's a thread with Marmotte training - possibly in the Training section - and it mentions 25 mile TTs being good training. On that basis, three lap blasts of RP can't be bad training at all if their complemented by stamina rides.

Ah, think I've found it: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... e+training

TTs being good training makes perfect sense to me - thanks for the tips.

JJ, I was out there today as well - a steady five laps as part of a 50 mile ride. Is it just me or did they not bother with the deer cull? I know the park was shut nights a few weeks ago, but the deer seem to be everywhere now - they're taking over!
  • In the hope that there will be no major changes to the list in the next 24 hours, it's time to congratulate and thank everyone for 3-lapping and posting.

In 2008 there were 83 with an average time of, nearasdammit, an hour. This year I reckon about 142 with an average a few seconds quicker.

More importantly, most of you managed to achieve a significant improvement during the year, without any major accidents (to my knowledge) and with noone locked up for speeding or reckless riding!

See you next year,
    Nick
  • Rushie
    Rushie Posts: 115
    Hey Nick,

Have you posted a 2010 thread yet? Can't find one on the site.

Did some hill intervals up Sawyers last night - there were a load of runners on the road rather than the footpath - very difficult to see until you're right on them as they have no lights or reflectives. I shall be staying in the middle of the road at night from now on...

Steve