Richmond Park 3-lap Challenge 2009

Comments

• cjcp wrote:
    Great effort RGB. I see GT and Felgen have also overtaken me and others are snapping at my heels!

This year *seems* quicker than last. Can any of the maths wizards on this thread work out whether the average time is quicker than this time last year?

Thanks CJ. Improvements from here will be in seconds rather than minutes unless I can double my training schedule, something I ought to do with North Cornwall Tor and Fred round the corner.

Re. time comparisons, the link to the page for this time last year is
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... c&start=80
    We had barely half the number of entries, although Mr Bye was dragging down the average. Most of us who are on both lists are doing better this year. We ended up with 83 last year, so I imagine we'll top the 100 in 2009.
    So if anyone wants to calculate the mean....
  • pinkbikini
    pinkbikini Posts: 876
    [quote="felgen
    I start on the roundabout by Robin Hood gate (where I enter from) so basically from a standstill. Is a rolling start allowed (i.e. full race speed?)

I think you're allowed to do what you want, but in your heart would you be happy with a time where you started at 30-odd mph?

I haven't tried this yet this year - last year to get my time I had to ride quite badly around the cars. Still waiting for that elusive combo - enough light, little wind and hardly any cars. Even during weekday lunchtimes there are many cars pootling around at 18mph.
  • I'm wanting to hopefully get down to Richmond park and try this as a bit of a benchmark for some fitness..

However I already feel at a disadvantage being 105kg! You guys are tiny! I'm no fatty either :lol:

Just wondering, are you supposed to stick to the speed limit on your bike round there tho? can you get pulled?!
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    I'm wanting to hopefully get down to Richmond park and try this as a bit of a benchmark for some fitness..

However I already feel at a disadvantage being 105kg! You guys are tiny! I'm no fatty either :lol:

Just wondering, are you supposed to stick to the speed limit on your bike round there tho? can you get pulled?!
    105 is okay... thats the weight I started at and managed 66 minutes. I am now 10kgs lighter (was 91kg at one point just before chrimbo but drank beer and ate pie with ice cream a lot so back to 96 for now).
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Kewl :) Was just surprised at some of the weights in there!

Hopefully not gonna drop much weight as i'm weight training atm... trying to increase my mass for rugby... but am looking to get some decent cycling under my belt to increase my fitness and give my legs a workout :)
  • felgen
    Ah, well I was a rugby player in the dim and distant past, but now am actually trying to lose weight. In which case the RP 3 lap should just fine for you as theres not that much climbing and all the 'climbs' are short and sweet so if you have decent power then you will be fine...
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    I was a rugby player. Played for years as a tight head prop. I was a big guy with lots of power but not much speed.

I can't play anymore. These days I'm too small but still got not much speed. Can't play in the forwards any more and too dumb to be a back.

Anyway, RP laps are about power and effort. Big guys should be able to do well.
  • Sweet :) No.8 myself, so size, fitness and speed go hand in hand.

Want to aim for the 60min barrier asap..seems a good benchmark :)
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    I had a strange experience this morning. The first lap was plagued by traffic and I was held up 4 or 5 times, so I eased off for the second lap. When I checked my time (for the 1st time) at the end of lap 2 I was still under 40 minutes! This inspired me to go all out for lap 3 and I finished with a time of 58.38.

No PB but with 2 "bad" laps it somehow felt like one!

a serious case of small cogs
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    cjcp wrote:
    Re. time comparisons, the link to the page for this time last year is
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... c&start=80
    We had barely half the number of entries, although Mr Bye was dragging down the average. Most of us who are on both lists are doing better this year. We ended up with 83 last year, so I imagine we'll top the 100 in 2009.
    So if anyone wants to calculate the mean....

Good skills RGB - I was wondering how my time this year compared to last. After closer inspection it looks like I'm, well, pretty much exactly as bad this year as I was last...

Still, it's inspired me to give myself a new target for the year. Sub 56 mins. You heard it hear first...
  • MkyDPky
    MkyDPky Posts: 39
    Name.......................Direction. ...Weight.. ...Time.....Month.....TOR

Shavedlegs.................Anti.............73kg.........53:34.........Mar......2nd Cat.
    KingstonWheeler........Anti ............66kg.........53:37........Feb......Anything on 2 wheels
    Karl..............................Anti.............61kg.........54.16........Mar......Duathln& Sportivs
    seabadger..................Anti ............80kg.........55:33........Mar......MTB
    Felgen........................Anti........... ..96kg........55.40........Mar..... Cat4/leisure
    RedGreenBaron........Anti .......... ..70kg........56:20........Apr......Sportive
    Red GT.......................Anti..............78kg.........56:26......Mar.......Sportive
    CJ................................Anti..............82kg...... .56.31........Mar.....Comm/Sportive
    MatHammond........... .Anti.............88kg....... ..57.29.......Mar... ...Commuter
    toontra........................Anti..............71kg.......57.49.........Mar.....Audax
    Guinea.......................Anti.............90kg..........57.58........Mar....fitness
    Alan Sherman............Anti.............84kg.......58.22.........Mar......3rd cat
    Art Vandelay..............Anti..............76kg........58.50.........Feb.....Sportive
    POD...........................Anti .............90kg.........59.10 .......Jan..... Undecided
    Rookie.......................Anti.............98kg..........59.10........Mar.....Sportive/Tri
    Paddifer.....................Anti.............64kg..........59.39........Mar.....Triathlon
    Petromyzon...............Anti.............73kg..........59.45........Mar....fitness
    Stumpy75 .................Anti ............78kg..........59.46 .......Jan..... MTBer (masters)
    Littigator.....................Anti.............76kg...........59.52........Feb.....Comm/Sportive
    KingstonGraham.......Anti.............74kg...........60.02........Mar.....Maybe Sportive/Tri
    Georgee....................Anti.............83Kg..........60.07........Mar....3rd Cat Roadie
    Derek Watts...........Anti..............80kg..........60.45........Apr....fitness
    HenryS......................Clock...........77kg..........60.54........Mar....Junior
    Toks..........................Anti.............73kg..........61.01........Mar....2nd Cat Roadie
    Chirg..........................Anti............78kg..........61.27.......Mar.......Commuter
    Arpy...........................Anti............106kg.........61.41.......Mar......Beginner
    Rich-Ti.......................Anti.........Not sure........61:42.......Feb.....So close it hurts!!
    TheEmu.....................Anti............86kg...........61.50.......Mar......Sportive
    andrew40.................Anti.............81kg.........62.00........Mar......Fitness
    LuckyPierre...............Anti............82kg...........62:05......Jan......Sportive
    Attica..........................Anti............72kg..........62.28.......Mar.....Sportive/Comm
    thebongolian..............Anti............c.75kg.......63.00.......Mar......Comm / sportive
    Jezzaus....................Anti.............75kg........63.52.......Mar......Beginner
    Rushie.......................Clock............85kg.........64.10.......Feb......Fixie
    Fuji Mackers.............Anti.............75kg.........64.29.......Mar......SS (48x17)
    London-red...............Anti.............85kg.........65.38.......Mar......Fitness
    CC10........................Anti..............70kg.........65.42......Mar......Newbie/beginner
    MkyDPky.................Clock............80kg..........65.54......Apr......Beginner Sportive/Tri
    Funkin.......................Anti..............80kg.........66.29.......Feb......Tri
    MkyDPky.................Anti..............82kg.........67.14......Mar.......Beginner Sportive/Tri
    Barney1000.............Clock.........101Kg.........67.40......Mar.. ....Fitness
    JonnyR5...................Clock............95kg........68.05......Mar........Commuter
    wind700....................Anti..............78kg..........68.58......mar........Fitness
    Steve M....................Anti..............78kg........69.26.....Feb.......Commuter/Social
    itboffin.......................C2/A1..........86kg.........70.46.....Jan........SCR
    Blueskyturnstogrey...Anti.............80kg..........72.22......Jan.......Hopefull
    Wogan.......................Anti.............70kg.........75.44......Mar.......Commuter/SkinnyFatman
    Greenbank................Anti..............82kg.........76:04.......Feb......Audax/Fixed
    Beer, anyone?...........Anti.............65kg..........78:22......Feb.......Slow
    roger merriman.........Anti..............85Kg..........80...........Mar.......old steel

Couple of things here. For those people that are interested in the difference between the lap lengths my Garmin Edge 705 recorded 3-laps anti-clockwise at 20.10m and 3-laps clockwise at 20.21m which would put the lap lengths at 6.7m and 6.736m respectively.

Secondly as you will see my current PB's show that my clockwise time is faster; could be for many reasons. The wind was definately less today than it was last week when doing the anti laps. As I'm new to this I would love to say that my fitness has improved this much in a week but unfortunately i doubt this.

Looking at my data it also states that my Av HR for anti was 147 and my Av HR for clock was 157, could also explain the difference.

If anyone has any thoughts on whether it could be something to do with my aspects of my cycling I would appreciate it; could it be that I'm better on the flat that on the hills etc??

I will hopefully be doing 3 anti on Sunday morn and will attempt to do it at a similar av HR, of course it would be much better using a powermeter but I think my current cycling fitness doesn't warrant one at the moment (got nothing to do with the cost :roll: )
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Avg 3 lap time at the moment is 62:42 mins, avg. weight is 80kg, avg. speed 19.23 mph

Damn you racing whippets :wink:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... d_YA&hl=en
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • guinea
    I did 9 laps today in 3.23.01

My goodness it was tough on Sawyer's Hill. I was at 12mph at times on the drag to the hill. Anyone getting a clockwise PB today gets my upmost respect.
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    guinea wrote:
    I did 9 laps today in 3.23.01

My goodness it was tough on Sawyer's Hill. I was at 12mph at times on the drag to the hill. Anyone getting a clockwise PB today gets my upmost respect.

Wow, that's a lot of laps guinea! My most was 5 a couple of years ago - since then I take to the open road when I need a longer ride, mainly to break up the monotony (and avoid Dark Hill every 7 miles :wink: ).

a serious case of small cogs
  • itboffin wrote:
    Avg 3 lap time at the moment is 62:42 mins
    With 23 entries this time last year the mean was 62:21.
    The slightly higher average this year, I reckon, reflects increased democracy (49 entries).
    Any predictions for number of entries and mean by the end of the year?
  • rhe
    rhe Posts: 15
    Name.......................Direction. ...Weight.. ...Time.....Month.....TOR

Shavedlegs.................Anti.............73kg.........53:34.........Mar......2nd Cat.
    KingstonWheeler........Anti ............66kg.........53:37........Feb......Anything on 2 wheels
    Karl..............................Anti.............61kg.........54.16........Mar......Duathln& Sportivs
    seabadger..................Anti ............80kg.........55:33........Mar......MTB
    Felgen........................Anti........... ..96kg........55.40........Mar..... Cat4/leisure
    RedGreenBaron........Anti .......... ..70kg........56:20........Apr......Sportive
    Red GT.......................Anti..............78kg.........56:26......Mar.......Sportive
    CJ................................Anti..............82kg...... .56.31........Mar.....Comm/Sportive
    MatHammond........... .Anti.............88kg....... ..57.29.......Mar... ...Commuter
    toontra........................Anti..............71kg.......57.49.........Mar.....Audax
    Guinea.......................Anti.............90kg..........57.58........Mar....fitness
    Alan Sherman............Anti.............84kg.......58.22.........Mar......3rd cat
    Art Vandelay..............Anti..............76kg........58.50.........Feb.....Sportive
    POD...........................Anti .............90kg.........59.10 .......Jan..... Undecided
    Rookie.......................Anti.............98kg..........59.10........Mar.....Sportive/Tri
    Paddifer.....................Anti.............64kg..........59.39........Mar.....Triathlon
    Petromyzon...............Anti.............73kg..........59.45........Mar....fitness
    Stumpy75 .................Anti ............78kg..........59.46 .......Jan..... MTBer (masters)
    Littigator.....................Anti.............76kg...........59.52........Feb.....Comm/Sportive
    KingstonGraham.......Anti.............74kg...........60.02........Mar.....Maybe Sportive/Tri
    Georgee....................Anti.............83Kg..........60.07........Mar....3rd Cat Roadie
    Derek Watts...........Anti..............80kg..........60.45........Apr....fitness
    HenryS......................Clock...........77kg..........60.54........Mar....Junior
    Toks..........................Anti.............73kg..........61.01........Mar....2nd Cat Roadie
    Chirg..........................Anti............78kg..........61.27.......Mar.......Commuter
    Arpy...........................Anti............106kg.........61.41.......Mar......Beginner
    Rich-Ti.......................Anti.........Not sure........61:42.......Feb.....So close it hurts!!
    TheEmu.....................Anti............86kg...........61.50.......Mar......Sportive
    andrew40.................Anti.............81kg.........62.00........Mar......Fitness
    LuckyPierre...............Anti............82kg...........62:05......Jan......Sportive
    Attica..........................Anti............72kg..........62.28.......Mar.....Sportive/Comm
    thebongolian..............Anti............c.75kg.......63.00.......Mar......Comm / sportive
    Jezzaus....................Anti.............75kg........63.52.......Mar......Beginner
    RHE...........................Anti.............88kg........64.08......Apr.......Beginner/Comm/Sportive
    Rushie.......................Clock............85kg.........64.10.......Feb......Fixie
    Fuji Mackers.............Anti.............75kg.........64.29.......Mar......SS (48x17)
    London-red...............Anti.............85kg.........65.38.......Mar......Fitness
    CC10........................Anti..............70kg.........65.42......Mar......Newbie/beginner
    MkyDPky.................Clock............80kg..........65.54......Apr......Beginner Sportive/Tri
    Funkin.......................Anti..............80kg.........66.29.......Feb......Tri
    MkyDPky.................Anti..............82kg.........67.14......Mar.......Beginner Sportive/Tri
    Barney1000.............Clock.........101Kg.........67.40......Mar.. ....Fitness
    JonnyR5...................Clock............95kg........68.05......Mar........Commuter
    wind700....................Anti..............78kg..........68.58......mar........Fitness
    Steve M....................Anti..............78kg........69.26.....Feb.......Commuter/Social
    itboffin.......................C2/A1..........86kg.........70.46.....Jan........SCR
    Blueskyturnstogrey...Anti.............80kg..........72.22......Jan.......Hopefull
    Wogan.......................Anti.............70kg.........75.44......Mar.......Commuter/SkinnyFatman
    Greenbank................Anti..............82kg.........76:04.......Feb......Audax/Fixed
    Beer, anyone?...........Anti.............65kg..........78:22......Feb.......Slow
    roger merriman.........Anti..............85Kg..........80...........Mar.......old steel

First time doing the 3 laps - no traffic - no wind - and desperately trying to get under 60 mins but realised after lap 1 that was unlikely - I will though!
  • felgen
    Thats not too shabby a time at all for a first 3 lap effort rhe keep it up and you are knocking on the door of 60 minutes in just a few weeks....p.s. my first effort was 66 minutes :shock:
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Name...........................Direction. ...Weight.. ...Time.....Month.....TOR

Karl...............................Anti.............61kg.........54.16........Mar......Duathln& Sportivs
    seabadger...................Anti ............80kg.........55:33........Mar......MTB
    Felgen.........................Anti..............96kg........55.40........Mar..... Cat4/leisure
    RedGreenBaron.........Anti .............70kg.........56:20........Apr......Sportive
    Red GT.......................Anti..............78kg.........56:26........Mar.......Sportive
    CJ................................Anti.............82kg.........56.31........Mar.....Comm/Sportive
    MatHammond.............Anti.............88kg.........57.29.........Mar... ...Commuter
    toontra........................Anti.............71kg.........57.49.........Mar.....Audax
    Guinea........................Anti.............90kg.........57.58.........Mar....fitness
    Alan Sherman............Anti.............84kg..........58.22.........Mar......3rd cat
    Art Vandelay..............Anti.............76kg.........58.50.........Feb.....Sportive
    POD............................Anti ............90kg.........59.10 ........Jan..... Undecided
    Rookie........................Anti.............98kg.........59.10.........Mar.....Sportive/Tri
    Littigator.....................Anti.............76kg..........59.52........Feb.....Comm/Sportive
    JonGinge...................Anti.............65kg...........60.15........Apr.....Club/Sportive
    Derek Watts..............Anti..............80kg..........60.45........Apr....fitness
    Toks..........................Anti.............73kg...........61.01........Mar....2nd Cat Roadie
    Chirg..........................Anti............78kg...........61.27........Mar.......Commuter
    Arpy.............. ............Anti............106kg.........61.41........Mar......Beginner
    Rich-Ti.......................Anti.........Not sure........61:42........Feb.....So close it hurts!!
    TheEmu.....................Anti............86kg...........61.50........Mar......Sportive
    andrew40.................Anti.............81kg..........62.00........Mar......Fitness
    LuckyPierre...............Anti............82kg...........62:05.......Jan......Sportive
    Attica.........................Anti............72kg...........62.28.......Mar.....Sportive/Comm
    thebongolian............Anti............c.75kg........63.00.......Mar......Comm / sportive
    Jezzaus....................Anti.............75kg...........63.52.......Mar......Beginner
    RHE...........................Anti.............88kg...........64.08......Apr.......Beginner/Comm/Sportive
    Rushie.......................Clock..........85kg...........64.10.......Feb......Fixie
    Fuji Mackers..............Anti.............75kg..........64.29.......Mar......SS (48x17)
    London-red...............Anti.............85kg..........65.38.......Mar......Fitness
    CC10.........................Anti.............70kg..........65.42.......Mar......Newbie/beginner
    MkyDPky...................Clock............80kg.........65.54.......Apr......Beginner Sportive/Tri
    MkyDPky...................Anti..............82kg.........67.14.......Mar.......Beginner Sportive/Tri
    Barney1000..............Clock.........101Kg.........67.40.......Mar.. ....Fitness
    JonnyR5...................Clock............95kg.........68.05.......Mar........Commuter
    wind700....................Anti..............78kg.........68.58......mar........Fitness
    Steve M.....................Anti..............78kg.........69.26......Feb.......Commuter/Social
    itboffin.......................C2/A1..........86kg.........70.46......Jan........SCR
    Blueskyturnstogrey...Anti.............80kg.........72.22......Jan.......Hopefull
    Wogan.......................Anti.............70kg.........75.44.......Mar.......Commuter/SkinnyFatman
    Beer, anyone?...........Anti.............65kg.........78:22.......Feb.......Slow
    roger merriman.........Anti..............85Kg........80............Mar.......old steel

Debated whether to put these laps in but am needing something to motivate an actual 3-lap challenge attempt. Lovely conditions but traffic, traffic, traffic ;) On the first lap I was all but coasting in a traffic queue from sheen rbt all the way to kingston gate! An average HR of only 145 tells the story. Lap splits were 21:45, 20 and 18:30. Actually had a clear run from the top of dark hill to sheen rbt on the last one :)

Come on Jon, get up earlier and put some effort in!
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • eyepea0
    eyepea0 Posts: 33
    Excellent conditions Sunday evening with light Easterly breeze. Bit of traffic but not too many other cyclists so fairly easy to overtake the traffic reasonably safely.
    On race bike but with training wheels and still 3+ kg over racing weight so still room for improvement.

eyepea0 Anti 79 49:59 Apr 1st cat
    Shavedlegs Anti 73 53:34:00 Mar 2nd Cat
    KingstonWheeler Anti 66 53:37:00 Feb Anything on 2 wheels
    Karl Anti 61 54:16:00 Mar Duathln& Sportivs
    seabadger Anti 80 55:33:00 Mar MTB
    Felgen Anti 96 55:40:00 Mar Cat4/leisure
    RedGreenBaron Anti 70 56:20:00 Apr Sportive
    Red GT Anti 78 56:26:00 Mar Sportive
    CJ Anti 82 56:31:00 Mar Comm/Sportive
    MatHammond Anti 88 57:29:00 Mar Commuter
    toontra Anti 71 57:49:00 Mar Audax
    Guinea Anti 90 57:58:00 Mar fitness
    Alan Sherman Anti 84 58:22:00 Mar 3rd cat
    Art Vandelay Anti 76 58:50:00 Feb Sportive
    POD Anti 90 59:10:00 Jan Undecided
    Rookie Anti 98 59:10:00 Mar Sportive/Tri
    Paddifer Anti 64 59:39:00 Mar Triathlon
    Petromyzon Anti 73 59:45:00 Mar fitness
    Stumpy75 Anti 78 59:46:00 Jan MTBer (masters)
    Littigator Anti 76 59:52:00 Feb Comm/Sportive
    KingstonGraham Anti 74 60:02:00 Mar Maybe Sportive/Tri
    Georgee Anti 83 60:07:00 Mar 3rd Cat Roadie
    Derek Watts Anti 80 60:45:00 Apr fitness
    HenryS Clock 77 60:54:00 Mar Junior
    Toks Anti 73 61:01:00 Mar 2nd Cat Roadie
    Chirg Anti 78 61:27:00 Mar Commuter
    Arpy Anti 106 61:41:00 Mar Beginner
    Rich-Ti Anti 0 61:42:00 Feb So close it hurts!!
    TheEmu Anti 86 61:50:00 Mar Sportive
    andrew40 Anti 81 62:00:00 Mar Fitness
    LuckyPierre Anti 82 62:05:00 Jan Sportive
    Attica Anti 72 62:28:00 Mar Sportive/Comm
    thebongolian Anti 75 63:00:00 Mar Comm / sportive
    Jezzaus Anti 75 63:52:00 Mar Beginner
    Rushie Clock 85 64:10:00 Feb Fixie
    Fuji Mackers Anti 75 64:29:00 Mar SS (48x17)
    London-red Anti 85 65:38:00 Mar Fitness
    CC10 Anti 70 65:42:00 Mar Newbie/beginner
    MkyDPky Anti 80 65:54:00 Apr Beginner/Sportive/Tri
    Funkin Anti 80 66:29:00 Feb Tri
    Barney1000 Clock 101 67:40:00 Mar Fitness
    JonnyR5 Clock 95 68:05:00 Mar Commuter
    wind700 Anti 78 68:58:00 Mar Fitness
    Steve M Anti 78 69:26:00 Feb Commuter/Social
    itboffin C2/A1 86 70:46:00 Jan SCR
    Blueskyturnstogrey Anti 80 72:22:00 Jan Hopefull
    Wogan Anti 70 75:44:00 Mar Commuter/SkinnyFatman
    Greenbank Anti 82 76:04:00 Feb Audax/Fixed
    Beer anyone? Anti 65 78:22:00 Feb Slow
    roger merriman Anti 85 80:00:00 Mar old steel
  • morxy
    morxy Posts: 114
    Amazing time Eyepea. Beating 60 minutes is considered good. Beating 50 is... :shock: Conditions were good tonight, I agree. Wind was favourable for Sawyers Hill which makes a change. Temperature was just right.

eyepea0......................Anti.............79kg.........49:59.......Apr.....1st cat
    Karl...............................Anti.............61kg.........54.16........Mar......Duathln& Sportivs
    seabadger...................Anti ............80kg.........55:33........Mar......MTB
    Felgen.........................Anti..............96kg........55.40........Mar..... Cat4/leisure
    RedGreenBaron.........Anti .............70kg.........56:20........Apr......Sportive
    Red GT.......................Anti..............78kg.........56:26........Mar.......Sportive
    CJ................................Anti.............82kg.........56.31........Mar.....Comm/Sportive
    Morxy...................Anti..........59kg......56:58.......Apr.....4th cat
    MatHammond.............Anti.............88kg.........57.29.........Mar... ...Commuter
    toontra........................Anti.............71kg.........57.49.........Mar.....Audax
    Guinea........................Anti.............90kg.........57.58.........Mar....fitness
    Alan Sherman............Anti.............84kg..........58.22.........Mar......3rd cat
    Art Vandelay..............Anti.............76kg.........58.50.........Feb.....Sportive
    POD............................Anti ............90kg.........59.10 ........Jan..... Undecided
    Rookie........................Anti.............98kg.........59.10.........Mar.....Sportive/Tri
    Littigator.....................Anti.............76kg..........59.52........Feb.....Comm/Sportive
    JonGinge...................Anti.............65kg...........60.15........Apr.....Club/Sportive
    Derek Watts..............Anti..............80kg..........60.45........Apr....fitness
    Toks..........................Anti.............73kg...........61.01........Mar....2nd Cat Roadie
    Chirg..........................Anti............78kg...........61.27........Mar.......Commuter
    Arpy.............. ............Anti............106kg.........61.41........Mar......Beginner
    Rich-Ti.......................Anti.........Not sure........61:42........Feb.....So close it hurts!!
    TheEmu.....................Anti............86kg...........61.50........Mar......Sportive
    andrew40.................Anti.............81kg..........62.00........Mar......Fitness
    LuckyPierre...............Anti............82kg...........62:05.......Jan......Sportive
    Attica.........................Anti............72kg...........62.28.......Mar.....Sportive/Comm
    thebongolian............Anti............c.75kg........63.00.......Mar......Comm / sportive
    Jezzaus....................Anti.............75kg...........63.52.......Mar......Beginner
    RHE...........................Anti.............88kg...........64.08......Apr.......Beginner/Comm/Sportive
    Rushie.......................Clock..........85kg...........64.10.......Feb......Fixie
    Fuji Mackers..............Anti.............75kg..........64.29.......Mar......SS (48x17)
    London-red...............Anti.............85kg..........65.38.......Mar......Fitness
    CC10.........................Anti.............70kg..........65.42.......Mar......Newbie/beginner
    MkyDPky...................Clock............80kg.........65.54.......Apr......Beginner Sportive/Tri
    MkyDPky...................Anti..............82kg.........67.14.......Mar.......Beginner Sportive/Tri
    Barney1000..............Clock.........101Kg.........67.40.......Mar.. ....Fitness
    JonnyR5...................Clock............95kg.........68.05.......Mar........Commuter
    wind700....................Anti..............78kg.........68.58......mar........Fitness
    Steve M.....................Anti..............78kg.........69.26......Feb.......Commuter/Social
    itboffin.......................C2/A1..........86kg.........70.46......Jan........SCR
    Blueskyturnstogrey...Anti.............80kg.........72.22......Jan.......Hopefull
    Wogan.......................Anti.............70kg.........75.44.......Mar.......Commuter/SkinnyFatman
    Beer, anyone?...........Anti.............65kg.........78:22.......Feb.......Slow
    roger merriman.........Anti..............85Kg........80............Mar.......old steel
  • guinea
    Had a recover ride this moring in the park. Perfect conditions to go fast, but I held myself back. I've been in avery day for 8 days so needed a little rest. Still, I was almost exactly an hour without trying.

I had a big BBQ tonight, so will try and get a good time in the morning.
  • Dave_c
    Dave_c Posts: 11
    First crack for this year. Loads of cars and cyclists about, but despite the congestion it felt like a really good ride.

eyepea0......................Anti.............79kg.........49:59.......Apr.....1st cat
    Dave_c......................Anti..............64kg..........60:55........Apr.....(SS 46x16)
  • felgen
    Lordy eyepea! Just under the 50 - great effort! I know what you mean about the weight thing - if I ever get under 90kg I will be very happy (probably quicker too ;))

Morxy - good effort too!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Petromyzon
    Petromyzon Posts: 221
    Crikey, some good times being posted. Now we just need Andy Bye to come and have another crack and make it Dynamo/KW mano-a-mano in the sub-50 bracket.
  • POD1
    POD1 Posts: 15
    POD............................Anti ............88kg.........58.34 ........Apr..... Undecided
    Dave_c......................Anti..............64kg..........60:55........Apr.....(SS 46x16)

Finally got out to RP again (on Sunday) and knocked 40 odd secs off my time. Shame it only moved me up one place.
    Bit frustrated because felt there was a lot more to come – conditions were lovely BUT so many delays – a lot of “civilians” cycling at 12mph in groups and/or the middle of the road causing traffic to build up behind them and thus slowing everyone else down. Couple of people on recumbents going 10mph really, really slowing everyone else down. Pedestrians wandering straight across the road at random points and expecting everyone to stop. Even had to stop on one lap to let a bunch of horses cross…
    In one way its great to see the Park so popular as it’s a wonderful resource but it really is getting congested.
  • Did 8 laps in 2h 35mins Sunday morning, Really early start... Perfect conditions made it worth the effort. 5 laps anti, 3 laps Clockwise. Did about 56 mins for laps 2,3 and 4 but not accurate. Been a lurker for a while; look forward to setting a proper time soon. :twisted:
  • guinea
    The last couple of mornings have been nice in the park.

I've been putting in a few laps just to build up a base. I'm noticing some familiar faces these days. This morning I over took a guy in a yellow AudaxUK waistcoat with massive panniers. I took him at the exact same spot yesterday.

My times are getting slower and slower the last few days and I think I need a rest. However, I'm off on holiday (Albania, erk!) tomorrow so I've got time for one more training session (6-9 laps) then I have 5 days enforced rest.

There were two female officers in a police van circling clockwise. On the third or fourth pass I noticed the side of the vehicle said 'Dog Section'. I didn't think they were that bad...

Today at the bottom of Sawyer's Hill there was a crash. A car rear ended another. Honestly, how can you possibly crash at 20mph?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,770
    guinea wrote:
    Today at the bottom of Sawyer's Hill there was a crash. A car rear ended another. Honestly, how can you possibly crash at 20mph?

Were there any cute little deer around to force the one in front to stop and take a look?
  • guinea
    guinea wrote:
    any cute little deer around to force the one in front to stop and take a look?

Actuallly, I think the culprits were a couple of ducks.
  • felgen
    guinea wrote:
    There were two female officers in a police van circling clockwise. On the third or fourth pass I noticed the side of the vehicle said 'Dog Section'. I didn't think they were that bad...
    Snigger :lol:
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB