Wyre Forest:regular sunday morning ride(&weekday nights)

Comments

• I was looking forward to cyb but i agree the roads are going to be to dodgy tomorrow and i can imagine the rocks on the trails will be well risky covered in ice and snow. :(
  • mounty
    mounty Posts: 682
    We will have to sort out an alternative day for CYB. :-)
  • R34PER
    R34PER Posts: 193
    i'm a :?: :?: :?: for any off road ride in the morning (wyre), i tweaked my hamstring at footy today and i normally feel things a little more in the morning, its sore at the moment so i'll give paul a text if i am coming, if not i will probably sleep in :P
  • moggy82
    moggy82 Posts: 726
    I am all ready for cyb. Only looked on here at 10 last night. Got the car fueled. Bike in car camelback filled. Looks like its the wyre then!
  • Atleast you'll have loads of fuel in your car Moggy :)

It'll still be there in a week or 2, when driving on icey ungritted roads isn't required.
  • moggy82
    Went over the wyre. Just me and paul. No one else turned up. Did about 15 miles i think according to paul's gps. Was frozen in places. Still good fun though.
  • mounty
    edited February 2009
    A good ride......it was 18miles and a bit.. :-)
  • 18miles, nice the max I've done in the Wyre is @22miles so I know 18miles in that terrain is a major killer.

Sorry, I over slept.

Planning to get out tonight when it refreezed, but new snow and lots of it forecaste for tommorow night so might go play in that :)
  • We ended up going to cyb after all the roads were not as bad as expected and the trails were good it was more dangerous on the fire roads because of the ice. Only did the mbr route as it started to snow heavy. Would be up for going again soon
  • Cool count me in, it's my Fav Trail centre, with Glentress being next but abit far.
  • mounty
    With hindsight, the weather/roads didn't look as bad as the forecast predicted....although we had quite a bit of snow around 4pm.

Could have made it to CYB....nevermind, last week I booked a cottage down there for a week in May.. ;-)
  • Mounty

How is the wyre at the moment ?
  • mounty
    beermonsta..

Yesterday was muddy, but frozen in some parts....fire roads were snow/ice covered..

Just got back from walking the dog in the wyre....and its all melted, now just water everywhere and very muddy.....

Mud and more mud, nothing new for the wyre :-)
  • eddyesi
    eddyesi Posts: 198
    will def try and join at some point, interested in joining a night ride if there is one, as sundays arent great for a couple of weeks, but will keep an eye on this thread

might be doing a big ish ride 1 march, maybe CYB or LLandegla if not a 3hr chase ride, will keep you locals posted
  • moggy82
    I night ride once a week at the moment. Not feeling well this week though. At the end of the ride yesterday i could feel something coming on. I'll keep you posted on if were out this week. Will be tue or thursday and either clent or the wyre!

chris
  • Normally Thursdays for me in the week, dunno if I'm free Tommorow night myself and don't know when I'm off the Wales winter climbing might be Thursday / Friday so no riding this week, but next.

I can generally ride any night but Tuesdays if your stuck though.
  • mounty
    will def try and join at some point, interested in joining a night ride if there is one, as sundays arent great for a couple of weeks, but will keep an eye on this thread

There is a group that meet up on a Wednesday night at the Duke William pub car park around 7pm I think ?

eddyesi.......not sure where you are based, but these chaps do a night ride too;
    http://www.pearcecycles.co.uk/tuesday_night_rides
  • eddyesi
    I am in bromsgrove, so that ones do-able, but as far as cannock really, was looking for a proper local ride, which clent and wyre are, but looks like a good possible alternative.

cheers for all the offers, will def try and hook up with one of these at some point in the next few weeks
  • mounty
    eddyesi

I am sorting out some torches etc to get some night riding in soon :-)

One or two of us are around during the week. I'm flexible for (almost) most of the week...not sure if and when you are available?

Cheers
  • eddyesi
    wed or thurs are my usual nights, but out this week already, and busy most of the next 2 weeks, 2wks thurs i think is the first one i can do

really wanted to do a day ride first though, just to get my bearings, night riding is a lot easier when you have a clue what to expect :o
  • Mounty, that group ride moved to the pub at the Button Oak I think a few months back, be warned though there QUICK!!

Edd, should be riding next Thursday can make it Clent as it's easier, better in the conditions to, if that helps.

Tis hard to ride at night with no experience of the area I will admit.
  • Can anyone make wednesday nights would be up for wyre or clent ??
  • moggy82
    Can do any day that starts with a T and ends with a Y.

Will be free next wed though but the missus will probably want to do 241 at cinema and pizza express!
  • Chris

I may start doing tuesday's we used to do wednesday's but the numbers have dropped down to just me now.
  • mounty
    beermonsta

Reaper and I are doing the Wyre tonight...if you can make it ?

Tuesday's are about the only evening thats difficult for me....most other evenings are fine..

My current lights are not up to much, new ones will be sorted soon I hope!
  • R34PER
    it was a good blast and my two tesco torches were ok for it as we were pretty gentle really, i think it was the fact that i seemed to get lost on every trail and end up on some random line that wasn't actually a trail. moggy showed mounty a trail on sunday and mounty tried to show it to me... apparently its in there somewhere :D and we may or may not have been somewhere near it when we tried to ride it :lol: spending more time falling down a hill than actually riding that section :lol:

i enjoyed my first night session, a pretty good ride and i was pretty pleased with the tesco torches but a little more spread would have been a bit nicer at times. i look forward to future sessions.
  • moggy82
    Im feeling 90% better so gonna get out tonight. probably clent as it tends to be less muddy over there and they had a new sprinkling of snow last night!

If anyone would like to join me, i'll be departing from the top of Adams hill about 7pm
  • mounty
    it was a good blast and my two tesco torches were ok for it as we were pretty gentle really, i think it was the fact that i seemed to get lost on every trail and end up on some random line that wasn't actually a trail. moggy showed mounty a trail on sunday and mounty tried to show it to me... apparently its in there somewhere and we may or may not have been somewhere near it when we tried to ride it spending more time falling down a hill than actually riding that section

In my defence ;-).....it was dark, my lights were naff and.......... it was deliberate. :D ....I just wanted to see Reaper find a new line down the embankment, watching him just ride down a pile of wet leaves and trying to find his own line! :-) funny :lol:

A good ride and a good laugh, going to sort out some more lights and hopefully if others are available make it a regular thing. :-)
  • R34PER
    everyone riding the wyre sunday? half ten at the pub? we can try and sort out a night session too next week :D
  • Mates stuck until 2ish so I'll be riding in the forest then till 6 area I guess.