Wyre Forest:regular sunday morning ride(&weekday nights)

Comments

• Good trails i know a 3-4 hour ride with some big climbs and long descent's could
    possibly do it this sunday
  • mounty
    mounty Posts: 682
    Just been looking on the net / youtube at the long mynd, looks good :-)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eDAeuTRfcec
  • There is supposed to be a good descent down pole cottage but i've never found it yet minton batch is excellent too
  • R34PER
    R34PER Posts: 193
    whats the score for this weekend chaps? anyone riding sunday? (i have gears and disc brakes now so we can raise the pace :? )
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I'm guessing that Wyre Forest is nowhere near the river Wyre in Lancashire which has several forests (and my house) nearby. Out of interest where is it?
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • R34PER
    its here .
    your guess was correct :D
  • moggy82
    moggy82 Posts: 726
    Have kept this sunday free. Whats the plans for riding then? Wyre again!
  • mounty
    I can ride this Sunday, but I cant do next week as I will be away in Manchester...

10 am at the Duke William car park for yet another mud fest of a ride ? LOL

Or does anyone have any other suggestions ?
  • R34PER
    i'm happier for a mud fest and the P7 will stay in the garage at home this week as the V brakes just made me suffer :cry: !!! i'll try the camera out again too and see if i can look up a little more and actually take in somthing other than the floor :oops: if we can make a final decision we can PM the people that didnt make it last week and give them enough time to get sorted.
  • mounty
    moggy82 is free, not sure about the guys that came out last week ?

Was last weeks ride footage no good ?

I'm happy with the Wyre on Sunday and I will be riding regardless of who turns up, need to squeeze in the mileage :-)
  • R34PER
    there are little bits of footage that are ok but it is mainly the floor in front of my front wheel :roll: i was using my eyes to look instead of my head. i'll try and get it right this week.

i have pm'd a couple of people who couldnt make it last week and steered them towards the thread.

10AM at the duke william car park sunday then, see you there.
  • moggy82
    Will be there hopefully, havent got a BB in the bike at the moment though, so me being there will depend on the shop having got me a new BB. My GXP went after only about 12 rides and 3 months.

Gonna bring my torches if anyone wants to have a look at them if theyre thinking of going down this route.

Chris
  • mounty
    Just got back from a 2 hour ride in the wyre, still as muddy as hell, even some of the fire tracks are just mud, logging etc going on...

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a look at the torches...good to see them other than on a screen :-)
  • Im up for a ride this sunday could always do a bit in the wyre then head down to bewdley ride the down the river to arley then cross the river back up to bewdley if the wyre is too muddy
  • R34PER
    sounds like a plan to me.
  • hi guys you all seem like best buddies all ready :D , sorry i cannot make it again this week as i just said to r34per ive been roped into the chase for the first time out in years (off road), new bike new gear but no idea :D . god i will look like a smacked arse :oops: .
    do wanna meet up with you all though perhaps next week have a nice time.
    im nervous and also like a kid at xmas about this weekend.
  • AlanW
    AlanW Posts: 291
    Cannot make it this weekend, as I'm doing a Reliability event
    "You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
  • mounty
    Sounds good, I was in the wyre yesterday, conditions about the same (if not a little worse) so it would be good to mix it up a little.... :-)
  • mounty
    Just realised I am repeating my self ! ;-)
  • We could head down through the forest do the caravan trail which is normaly dry then head down railway track to bewdley see u at ten in the morning unless it's pissing down
  • R34PER
    realy enjoyed a top ride this week. i did have to wash my kit twice though as it was still muddy after the first run through the machine. the mud seemed less of an issue this week too.... bonus :lol:
  • moggy82
    I think you'll find thats because i went through it all first and it all jumped up and stuck to me my bike on the way through! LOL

I think we'll have a dog free ride next week, if im out on my XC bike again!

Was a good ride, didnt do any of the normal trails we ride on a night, which was nice!
  • mounty
    A good ride, not so much rain and mud, it was good to catch up with Dylan again !

Looking forward to the Betws-Y- Coed trip, something different.....

Cheers
  • Was a good ride the conditions better than the previous sunday except the camber have to start doing some night rides in there
  • mounty
    moggy82

Could you tell me what bracket you had on Sunday with the torches please ?

I'm glad Ben was found, a few years back we lost ours for a couple of days, distressing to say the least....
  • moggy82
    The mount is this one

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=12871

sadly they are out of stock though!

Then if you go into halfords and ask for a couple of rear reflector bracktets, with as large a post fitting as possible, they have a box full behind the counter. The screw from the bracket is the same thread as on the mount so replaces the long bolt you see in hte pic.

on mine i have 2 different reflector brackets to fit different torches as i have 1 P7 and one wide MCE
  • Who else is up for the trip to bets y coed on sunday 8th feb ? Plan is do the marin then do just loop one on penmachno
  • mounty
    I would be up for the trip. What time are you aiming for to be at bets y coed ?

It take me around 2.5 hours to get to bets y coed.
  • Hi Mate

Depends on what time you need to be back for the marin will take about 2.5 hours if we take it steady and the penmachno loop about 1.5 hours if we get there for about 10.15 should give us plently of time

Cheers

Neil
  • mounty
    Not long checked the date/time out with the other half........I'm allowed out all day for that one :-)

Sean, if you want to do this trip, then I can give you a lift, no problem.