Wyre Forest:regular sunday morning ride(&weekday nights)

Comments

• I have all day too :D
  • moggy82
    moggy82 Posts: 726
    i'll be there!

Will probably bring a friend too!

Dyl will make his own way bringing friends i expect!

I have committed to a bit of a dig-day on sunday so wont be out riding. If anyone free there free to join me. I can show you around the DH track, sean seemed quite interested over the weekend!

Chris
  • mounty
    mounty Posts: 682
    edited January 2009
    I dropped Dylan a message this morning about the trip. I think he is going to register with this forum so that he can join in ;-)
  • djvagabon
    djvagabon Posts: 262
    Does anyone live near Stourbridge who is doing this? Im banned from driving so i cant get there. I would ride there, but road riding bores the hell out of me.
  • R34PER
    R34PER Posts: 193
    Mounty:
    Sean, if you want to do this trip, then I can give you a lift, no problem.
    that would be spot on. i had to check the dates and my GF is working so i'm good for all day too.

moggy82:
    I have committed to a bit of a dig-day on sunday so wont be out riding. If anyone free there free to join me. I can show you around the DH track, sean seemed quite interested over the weekend!
    you going to be at ribbesford? it would be nice to check it out. will you be digging all day or doing some riding too?

Shaun
  • moggy82
    you going to be at ribbesford? it would be nice to check it out. will you be digging all day or doing some riding too?

Shaun[/quote]

Riding too yes! Will take my DH bike, you can have a go see what difference it makes.

DJ vagabon:

Not sure who's coming yet, there may yet be someone from stourbridge coming,
  • R34PER
    moggy82:
    Riding too yes! Will take my DH bike, you can have a go see what difference it makes.

will it not be too softly sprung for me though? what time you getting up there? so i should aim to pass through the caravans by the woodmanto find the spot?
  • djvagabon
    djvagabon Posts: 262
    moggy82 wrote:

Shaun

DJ vagabon:

Not sure who's coming yet, there may yet be someone from stourbridge coming,[/quote]

Thanks moggy.
  • Turveyd38
    Turveyd38 Posts: 704
    Hi guys Dyl here, I'll try to make CyB next Sunday right, see how cash flow is going.

Chris / anyone else riding Clent @7pm ( loosely ) from the steep bank where the post pubs are if anyones interested.
  • moggy82
    Dyl,

Its not CyB, were doing Betws y coed, the karrimor run to the left of the town as you go up the main street. Will be there tonight if the rain hold off.

Sean,

Will be up there about 10:30, not sure when everyone else will get there, normally a bit later, i can show you around and have a bit of a ride first. Most of the place isnt as steep as some of the bits in the forest. Its not too difficult to get down, it only gets difficult when you are doing all of the jumps/drops etc properly and getting to the bottom in less than 1 min.

DJ Vagabon

Will keep you updated on a lift. There's a guy from hagley who might be coming so might get him in touch if he confirms.
  • mounty
    Hi guys Dyl here, I'll try to make CyB next Sunday right, see how cash flow is going.

Hi, on here at last I see !

By the way its Betws-y-Coed next week, Sunday 8th Feb :-)
  • Turveyd38
    Turveyd38 Posts: 704
    Okay Chris, see you there Rain permitting, just me and Dave although Dave will likely wuss it if it's raining.

And okey dokey on the place change, was a tad confused for abit.
  • R34PER
    i'll aim for 10:30 to get up there then chris.
  • We could do CYB if folks would rather could be mbr then have a break in the VC and then do the twar trial both about 12 mile long each
  • mounty
    Not long posted up something about CYB. Just been looking at accommodation in and around CYB.

Only been twice and they were both limited with time, so I thought I might try a week down there and squeeze a bit more riding in! :-)

I dont mind either one....
  • R34PER
    i dont mind, i have never been to either.
  • Shall we do coedy think the trails are better there than bets y coed not much in it traveling wise either and if any one is knackered they can always bail out after the first trail.
  • mounty
    I'm happy with CYB, a good selection of trails......and a pretty good VC too !

Around 10 - 10.30am at CYB then ?

PS. As long as its not pi$$ing it down! :-)
  • Yea will aim to be there ready to ride for 10.30 that will give us plenty of time to do both trails :D

Any other takers ?
  • moggy82
    I'll try and make it.

Mounty, are you taking Reaper?
  • mounty
    Mounty, are you taking Reaper?

I have been in touch with Reaper and he will let me know.... :-)
  • Anyone up for a snow ride over Clent tonight 7pm, or just me and Moggy again!!
  • mounty
    We had a few hours in the wyre this afternoon, hard going but good fun !

Dylan, are you going to CYB on Sunday?
  • Nah sorry mate, skint and going to have to work system to go Live monday I've not started yet really :)

Can't decide to ride to or use the car both are going to be bad I think. When the Thaw refreezes
  • R34PER
    i have to pull out of the sunday trip. i'm totally skint so i'm working in the evening and need to be back earlyish so i may just go for a run up the wyre. sorry folks.
  • R34PER
    pics from mid week wyre ride with mounty:
    wyreforestsnow004.jpg
    wyreforestsnow010.jpg
    wyreforestsnow003.jpg
    wyreforestsnow008.jpg
    if they work :?
  • mounty
    Reaper.......snow is the best cleaner around.....my bike has never been so clean....its shining... :-)

I did just under another hour after I left you, but it was bloody hard going back up to the visitor centre...

I'm not sure if 'm going to make it to CYB....its not the riding, but the driving..... the weather forecast isn't looking too good, severe frost & ice for the roads on Sunday morning.....if I dont go to CYB, I will be riding the frozen trails of the Wyre Forest instead if anyone is around ?
  • I might be around for a quick blast locally Mounty.

Nice pics by the way!!
  • mounty
    I was looking forward to CYB for a change, but with the icy roads I'm not going to risk the drive down.....so the Wyre it is.....

Anyone up for a ride in the Wyre around 10 - 10.30 ? (pub car park)
  • Thinking on, depends on what time I get back tonight, likely 2am.

Icey roads make going to CyB not worth the risk.

As said about climbing in Scotland years back, it was more dangerous in the summer driving there and back than the climbing, statistically. Let alone in the winter.