hopkinb wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    quicker by bike

True. Drooool. Curry.

Or deliveroo?
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Golden Marzipan, Apparently.

Or so the now empty pack besides me says, and the half covered cake implies that I ate more than the off-cuts... whoops.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,273
    Jacked potato with tuna and cheese with a bit of salad at the side... just as hungry as before lunch... :-(
    left the forum March 2023
  • wolfsbane2k
    Gotta eat some proper food: Can Tuna, tiny bit of Pasta, Can of Mixed Bean salad & some tomatoes.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • wolfsbane2k
    Jacked potato with tuna and cheese with a bit of salad at the side... just as hungry as before lunch... :-(

I find jacket tatties never fill me up. Not sure why, but I just don't rate them as filling food. The filling in them is much more important to me.
  • posh_pedaller
    posh_pedaller Posts: 124
    A curry place near work does £8 all-you-can-eat buffet lunch.

It also does £6 all-you-can-stuff-into-a-polystyrene-box takeaway lunch.

Am full.
    FCN 7
    Porridge and coffee - the breakfast of champions
  • wolfsbane2k
    A "sharing" 200g bag of Chilli coated crispy nuts.
    I started it at 9, and somehow it's empty.... (eek). 6 "servings" and the 60% daily allowance of fat and salt in one go.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,330
    I started it at 9, and somehow it's empty.... (eek). 6 "servings" and the 60% daily allowance of fat and salt in one go.

Surely more than 60% in 6 servings?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • wolfsbane2k
    pangolin wrote:

Shush. it' was 10% of fat and 11% of salt of the daily recommended value in one portion - so 6.6 x both is circa 60% ( or more likely 70%...).
    Just call me a fat b@*t@rd
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,401
    pangolin wrote:

Shush. it' was 10% of fat and 11% of salt of the daily recommended value in one portion - so 6.6 x both is circa 60% ( or more likely 70%...).
    Easily done, I've just supplemented my fruit ration with a tub of red pepper houmus and a 200g bag of salted tortilla chips. Why can't I get below 17st??
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    When oh when oh when will I learn that "Indian" food from the work canteen looks like curry, smells like curry, tastes like cardboard...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,330
    pangolin wrote:

Better than I expected tbh
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,360
    Cake Friday is no more, today was cake Wednesday and it was my turn to go and get them. I scoff at your 200g bag of chilli nuts. :oops:
  • wolfsbane2k
    A giant pizza all to myself.
    With a side salad and coleslaw, of course.

It's what happens when you get home to a house with no food 2 hours after normal dinner time after adding 30 miles to your normal commute...
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Feeling crappy with cold this week, it's getting on my chest so I've decided to have a week on the train.

So I'm eating dust and halls mentholyptus. I'm already half a stone overweight after christmas, this isn't going to help much.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Not very much.

Wife can't be bothered to cook, I am too busy working.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Burritos. I'm slowly working my way through all of the options in London. Current favourite is the Burrito truck in Flat Iron Square.

Oh, and brownies from Konditor & Cook.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Crunchy peanut butter on bloomer toast from the work canteen. 60p for 2 rounds.

Protein and energy...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    elbowloh wrote:
    Crunchy peanut butter on bloomer toast from the work canteen. 60p for 2 rounds.

Protein and energy...
    That does sound good.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    sounds like a nice mark up too
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • wolfsbane2k
    Smoked salmon, Avocado and Scrambled Egg wrap with baby spinach.
    Well, that was breakfast, anyway. Definitely a nice change to porridge, but a bit to much to eat 15 mins before getting on the bike!
    I do like finding yellow sticker smoked salmon, the only time I ever buy it, and it never last more than a day in the house whether it's yellow stickered or not!
    And having really fresh eggs that were laid yesterday by the neighbours new chickens was just the cherry on top.
  • elbowloh
    itboffin wrote:
    The work canteen is generally cheap. You could have a full English for about £2.20.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    elbowloh wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    The work canteen is generally cheap. You could have a full English for about £2.20.
    Don't you mean should?
    Fryday means cafe for me as is traditional. Might add black pud as I'm out drinking tonight.
  • elbowloh
    Veronese68 wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Don't you mean should?
    Fryday means cafe for me as is traditional. Might add black pud as I'm out drinking tonight.
    About 18 months ago i would totally, but I have since stopped eating meat. I eat fish though, which is good also on a Friday.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    elbowloh wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Don't you mean should?
    About 18 months ago i would totally, but I have since stopped eating meat. I eat fish though, which is good also on a Friday.

:shock:

d e a d

t o

m e
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • elbowloh
    itboffin wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Don't you mean should?

:shock:

d e a d

t o

m e
    :cry:

The wife is a vet, she's vegetarian, we've been to see a lot of documentaries about animal welfare and conservation, it's hard to continue eating meat in that environment even if you love bacon (and i really, really do).

I still have fish (yes, there is some cognitive dissonance there, I've convinced myself that seafood feel no pain).
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Subway.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Giant jelly cola bottles. Somebody's been to the cash & carry :D
  • Subway.

Did Subway last night...their idea of a "couple" of jalapeno's and mine turned out to be quite far apart!