Today I will be mostly eating....

Comments

• MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Air and black coffee. Fasting day.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • Air and black coffee. Fasting day.

on a friday! yikes, no - mondays and occasional wednesday's are fasting... need booze on fridays.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Air and black coffee. Fasting day.

on a friday! yikes, no - mondays and occasional wednesday's are fasting... need booze on fridays.

Yeah, well obviously the wife didn't think it through when she decided the fasting days this week. However, given that I will be consuming ample booze on Saturday night abstaining tonight is probably a good idea anyway.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,059
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Today I will be mostly eating.... whatever is not nailed down.

I'm bleeding Hank Marvin.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    carbs.

riding to paris this afternoon/tomorrow morning
  • itboffin
    carbs

in the liquid form 8)
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    5 slices of pizza
    left over chicken, bacon & ham pie
    seafood pasta thingy from M&S

nom!
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Dutch waffles from Tiger.
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Cake, chocolates and more cake. Surgery(not mine) seems to bring out people's being kind side.
    And it's a shame to let it go to waste.
    Oh, and some stilton.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • itboffin
    that gives a whole new meaning to cheese cake
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    Healthy.... Or trying.

Last week I was at Stansted for an entire week for an Aircraft delivery. After tweaking my neck I got one ride of 20 miles in and ate my body weight in bad food and drunk my body weight in booze.

So this morning when I go to put my work shirt on and it feels a bit snug I ask the other half if she has managed to shrink it. Response was No hunny it was a 30c wash..... Ohhh that is me getting fat.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    twist83 wrote:
    Healthy.... Or trying.

Last week I was at Stansted for an entire week for an Aircraft delivery. After tweaking my neck I got one ride of 20 miles in and ate my body weight in bad food and drunk my body weight in booze.

So this morning when I go to put my work shirt on and it feels a bit snug I ask the other half if she has managed to shrink it. Response was No hunny it was a 30c wash..... Ohhh that is me getting fat.

When you go to put your trousers on and find out you've run out of holes :(
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    Thankfully the trousers were OK! The belt notch did feel a tad tighter than normal. Maybe she washed that for me in my absence and the leather shrank ;)

Amazing how much podge can be put on in a week. The Buffet breakfast didn't help.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • wolfsbane2k

Dang that looks good. Items placed on the shopping list.
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • itboffin
    Weight coming back down to something more sensible

Phew
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    I've lost about 2 stone. I think. Thing is I don't really weigh very often but know where all the weight lives and, crucially, how stuff like trousers and jeans fit.

Did it by a combination of being a) honest about what I actually eat b) doing a bit more high intensity cycling c) doing a bit more low intensity cycling and d) 2 weeks on some bloody shake plan.

d) actually did a lot of good. Still chuck in the odd one for lunch etc.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,411
    ... My mother's tiramisu. :-)
  • wolfsbane2k
    Apparently,a tub of Ben and Jerry's. I have no recollection of the tub, just the start and end.
    I'm seriously hoping that someone else came into the kitchen and took some, but I can't be sure.
    My 45mile ride on Friday has probably just been counteracted, and then some!
  • itboffin
    9 bottles of ale and half a bottle of wine plus a whole cow
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,578
    itboffin wrote:
    9 bottles of ale and half a bottle of wine plus a whole cow
    That's a big breakfast
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • wolfsbane2k
    Well, tomorrow, I shall mostly be eating grilled chicken that's been marinading in a home made ghost pepper, lime juice, and general hot stuff for a day (spices had alreqdy been in yogurt base for 2 days).
    Trying to force myself to eat slower by making stuff unbearably hot, but also damn tasty.
    The smell while it was cooking was divine, and a quick taste has confirmed that a 1cmx1cm block stops me eating for ten minutes :-)
  • wolfsbane2k
    Lebkuchen.
    Too many damn Lebkuchen.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Ooh, I've not had one of then for ages. Are they in Aldi for Christmas yet?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • wolfsbane2k
    prawny wrote:
    Ooh, I've not had one of then for ages. Are they in Aldi for Christmas yet?

Don't start. Or do, and then you can buy them all and stop me from being able to buy any.
    Don't know about aldi, ours are lidls, and we (more likely just me) have got through a pack in a week.
    It's almost as though 2 are an essential to every cup of tea I have, and well, its' cold, I'm british, so there is lots of tea.
  • benkxk
    benkxk Posts: 151
    Subway cookies...
  • itboffin
    i think curry from whitecross market, got to keep my strength up
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    itboffin wrote:
    i think curry from whitecross market, got to keep my strength up

Drool. Cold 15 minute walk there and back for me. Though there is a pub that lets you eat inside if you buy a pint.
  • itboffin
    quicker by bike