Today I will be mostly eating....

Comments

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    rubertoe wrote:
    elbowloh wrote:
    Mostly eating lots of boring, simple foods (i.e. plain granary toast) and fluids as I've had dodgy guts (stomach bug) for a couple of weeks, which had left me feeling pretty weak......not great prep for etape on Sunday.

Damn you lot and your Belgian beers, crispy bacon, burgers and melted cheesey goodness...

God I feel hungry now just talking about it.

I am blaming you for the week of the bike, since last tuesday, and 3kgs of weight loss.

Damn you.
    Yeah, I lost 3 kgs the weekend before I met you guys for the Essex tdf stage........
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,061
    Ladies & Gentlemen I give you the 'Burger Lab' http://aht.seriouseats.com/the-burger-lab/

dig in 8)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    This weekend is going to be all about the B's

Bacon
    Bikes
    Beer
    Beef
    Bed

In various orders but first I'm making me a breakfast pizza, why did no one tell me about this?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    My youngest really likes breakfast pizza. She's not usually a morning person.
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Jelly babies and cake. Yay for Audaxing!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Apple crumble made with freshly scrumped apples!

I was out for a ride with my son to go and face plant on some dirt jumps I found a while back.
    "Dad can we rest here for a minute"
    "Sure, do you remember when we got a load of apples from that tree?"
    "Can you see any"
    "Yes, that one looks nice and red"

Five minutes later I'm up the tree making it rain apples on his head.

The backpack is full of apples.

"Lets not bother with the jumps, I'll make apple crumble"

Omnomnomnom...
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • itboffin
    Hardly anything this week I'm bleeding starving, too many all day meetings, peak season at work so zero social life including no booze mid week :shock:

It's a good job Christmas only comes once a year.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Hot lamb sandwich, crepes, prosecco and a big fat German sausage (fnar).

I love Christmas markets food :D
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • itboffin
    Wow there was quite a lot of dust on this thread.

No then do I have soup and bread, pizza or pop down to the pub for fish and chips?

Or all of the above.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I am just tucking into a home made salad of Radish, baby plum tomato, red onion, cucumber, Tuna, red pepper sweetcorn, chickpea, haricot beans, kidney beans and other indistinguishable types of bean......with a low fat coleslaw.

I am on a diet and loosing weight, but I am hungry. ALL THE TIME.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,529
    Off to meat the Mrs for lunch in an Italian deli in Twickenham, big bowl of pasta will be followed by 3 slow miles back with a full belly.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,301
    battered and fried cayenne chillies, as advised by my local Indian grocer... :shock:
    left the forum March 2023
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    A big, fat bacon cheeseburger in the new diner place down the road.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • rubertoe
    Fruit.

Today is my fruit day... You do not want to be near me when this goes off. :twisted: :oops:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• itboffin
    rubertoe wrote:
    Fruit.

Today is my fruit day... You do not want to be near me when this goes off. :twisted: :oops:

there's something very wrong with your diet, see the post above ^ that is the correct approach :twisted:
  • veronese68
    It's Fryday so I will mostly be eating fried dead pig based products.
  • rubertoe
    Chicken and Rice and Salad....

There will be some Pig based products in there tonight though along with beer based products.

• bikersky
    bikersky Posts: 4
    fruits & vegetables
  • itboffin
    Some of you are REALLY not get the point of this thread :lol:
  • rubertoe
    I knocked the diet on the head yesterday and went to

http://jimmyspices.co.uk/ in stratford upon avon.

It. was. friggin. AWESOME.

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I did 160k yesterday and burned around 3500-4000kCals. By rights, I should have woken up starving this morning. Imagine my surprise when I opened the microwave at lunchtime and found my porridge still in there! I never miss breakfast....

BTW - reheated porridge is grim :roll:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • itboffin
    Chick curry from whitecross market it was awesome
  • rubertoe
    Back to the dressing free chicken salad and plain rice today.

meh

• imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    itboffin wrote:

If that's the Whitecross Market I knew ( near bunhill fields - just along old street from the roundabout) and you live in Marlborough that is truly the most epic commute :-)

I worked just off the old street roundabout 15 years ago and loved a lunchtime wander to Whitecross Market - Is the second hand record shop still there ?
  • itboffin
    imatfaal wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

If that's the Whitecross Market I knew ( near bunhill fields - just along old street from the roundabout) and you live in Marlborough that is truly the most epic commute :-)

I worked just off the old street roundabout 15 years ago and loved a lunchtime wander to Whitecross Market - Is the second hand record shop still there ?

It is indeed and yes my commute is epic - 6 hours a day 4 days a week.
  • itboffin
    hmm time for another White Cross market curry i think, yes curry mmmm
  • imatfaal wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

It is indeed and yes my commute is epic - 6 hours a day 4 days a week.
    It's time to get a bit faster! :twisted:
  • itboffin
    nope fatter
  • veronese68
    Today's lunch was sausage, bacon, egg, fried slice, black pud, beans, mushrooms and a couple of slices of toast all washed down with a mug of tea you could stand a spoon in.
    Now why can't I shift my excess holiday weight?
  • itboffin
    Today's lunch was sausage, bacon, egg, fried slice, black pud, beans, mushrooms and a couple of slices of toast all washed down with a mug of tea you could stand a spoon in.
    Now why can't I shift my excess holiday weight?

sounds like breakfast too me