Today I will be mostly eating....

Comments

• Bacon sarnies with two cups of tea - wakey wakey chaps!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    2 APRICOTS, 2 PLUMBS, 2 SATSUMAS AND A PEAR. That is after 2 slices of taost and jam, washed down with a large latte.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Flagolet beans cooked with cider, rosemary and cream. Salad. Yummmmmmmmmmmmm.

Rosemary is the new coriander - it is the queen of herbs.

Then homemade carrot carke. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

God, I love not working.

:D
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Soup again, trying to eat less now I'm not on the bike.

Slow roasted a lamb shoulder on Sunday though, that was fricking delicious - with lots of rosemary and garlic.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

dammit, bloody soup.
  • I found a goose pie in my freezer from earlier this year. Oh yes.

Mmmmm pie.
  • il_principe
    Weirdly enough I seem to recall you posting about some pie cooking action ages ago. I've never had goose pie, but it sounds GOOD.
  • Weirdly enough I seem to recall you posting about some pie cooking action ages ago. I've never had goose pie, but it sounds GOOD.

It is good. Very good. I believe it's actually one of the batch from the massive poultry excesses of last christmas, when I spent my days in plaster stripping birds and making pies.

In other news, it smells great in here. All goose-y.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    edited November 2009
    I found a goose pie in my freezer from earlier this year. Oh yes.

Mmmmm pie.

Mmmmmm... am very envious.

But was most excited to find a forgotten fish pie in my freezer last week.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Today, I shall mostly be eating (or may have possibly eaten...):

2 X Banana
    2 X Apples
    1 X Ham Sandwich (with the addition of cheese and onion crisps)
    Rest of the packet of cheese and onion crisps
    Packet of ready salted crisps
    1 tub (take-away sized) of home made chicken & bacon pasta

Should keep me going until I get home...
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Slow-cooked lamb, goose pie. Argh, you guys are making me very hungry.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • German Market in Kingston mulled wine and hotdogs....
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,061
    :mrgreen: just cracked open a brazil nut to reveal the most stinky rotten inner nut/seed oh god I almost lost my dinner, how can a nut smell so bad :?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Slim fast and some cheese today :?
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • itboffin
    NGale wrote:
    Slim fast and some cheese today :?

I'd rather eat a bowl of rancid nuts than that :lol:

Calling Greg(s) to the thread :P
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • NGale
    alas the slim fast is the only thing that helps be shift the weight and yet still get the vitimins and minerals I need.

Day one today so the cheese possibly isn't a good thing to throw into the diet :lol:
  • itboffin
    NGale wrote:
    alas the slim fast is the only thing that helps be shift the weight and yet still get the vitamins and minerals I need.

Day one today so the cheese possibly isn't a good thing to throw into the diet :lol:

Mrs itboffin and myself have both lost 2st this year without resorting to plastic food, fads or drugs okay so I may have partaken in slightly obsessive exercise for a large portion of the year but that only served to counter balance my slight drinking problem, prior to that we both lost significant weight every year by following this diet twice a year and then for one or two weeks in the year as needed.

It kills me to admit that this very healthy diet also made us both feel better physically and mentally grrr but true.

Happy to share our secret via PM natch! :wink:
  • NGale
    believe me I have tried everything before resorting to the slim fast.

Even with cycling, running, football referee etc I haven't shifted any weight in over a month. I keep my calorie count under the recommended limit and my fat intake is low. While my weight hasn't gone back on, I haven't lost any.

I've been off the slim fast for two months and not lost anything in that time, so it is the only thing that's worked for me.
  • itboffin
    I feel sick, i've just polished off 3 small but very meaty lobsters with a side dish of large sirloin steak, chips & peas

three bottle of Flint Knapper and a rather attractive case of Guinness call to me :roll:

might have to extend the commute a tad tomorrow :wink:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,220
    itboffin wrote:
    I feel sick, i've just polished off 3 small but very meaty lobsters with a side dish of large sirloin steak, chips & peas

are you sure you mean 3 lobsters?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:

are you sure you mean 3 lobsters?

Yes three i'm stuffed really stuffed, they were de......licious
  • itboffin wrote:

:wink:

Well that takes the biscuit....

Today my GF is working from home, so I have whatever's being photographed in the kitchen.

Which appears to be cheese. :roll:
  • il_principe
    itboffin wrote:

Today my GF is working from home, so I have whatever's being photographed in the kitchen.

Better than a polish plumber though...

That would be worrying.
  • itboffin wrote:

Better than a polish plumber though...

That would be worrying.

Where is this guy's moustache? And why is he actually fixing the fridge?
  • itboffin
    I'm in such a good mood, I think the last two months off the bike may have been making me slightly depressed, over the last two days my mood and energy levels have shot right back up again, I think i'm going to celebrate with a visit to one of the most excellent local restaurants.

http://www.theshears.co.uk/index.html
    the_way_image1.gif

http://www.wiltshire-pubs.co.uk/
    royal-oak-wiltshire-pub-wootton-rivers.jpg

http://www.thepalmindian.com/The_Palm_I ... /Home.html
    shapeimage_9.png

http://www.harrowinn.co.uk/
    The_Harrow-0303.jpg

so many to choose from, goodness I'm hungry :D
  • NGale
    Today....a selection of nibbles thanks to the Mercedes centre in Exeter (the commander is having his car repaired after being vandalised the other day, today was pick up day)

and a Cheese and Marmite sandwhich :D
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,220
    Apple crumble

Custard or Ice Cream or Both?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • itboffin
    mmmm now that was good
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    Apple crumble

Custard or Ice Cream or Both?

Both! Always both! With cream!

When they ask in a restaurant "Custard, cream or ice cream" I always just say "YES!" ;)
    us0.png
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    I cant decide between a potato and cauliflower curry or rice noodles with bacon and tomato sauce.

I guess the cauliflower will go off soon so I better cook it today
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    itboffin wrote:
    I feel sick, i've just polished off 3 small but very meaty lobsters

mmm I just bought a frozen cooked lobster from Lidl for £4 :) lidl is great!