Today I will be mostly eating....

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,061
    itboffin wrote:
    Any ghostly influenced cocktails on the horizon?

Good idea give me an hour or so and i'll get right on it in fact why don't I create some kind of Silly Commuter drinks thread to tell you all about it :wink:

Anything to annoy to CP when he can't hit me. 8)

or catch you, he's very slow you know :P rides a brompton FFS
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Wagamama's chilli chicken ramen followed by a banana I've just discovered on my desk.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Bacon, sausage, egg, mushroom sandwiche. I ate it a 9:30 this morning and still full.......
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Jacket potato with butter, salt and pepper, cheese and bake beans - yum! :)
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Beer!! Its a Friday FFS.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Cafewanda
    @ Wallace, this is "mostly EATING" thread :roll:

.............. unless you talking about frozen beer?
  • Beer!! Its a Friday FFS.

Liquid lunch!
  • Cafewanda
    Beer!! Its a Friday FFS.

Liquid lunch!

You're just as bad :D
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Right now I'm eating an apple that I bought in Sweden back in July.
    It's in suprisingly good condition.
  • itboffin
    I'm not panicking just yet but..... the weight is starting to pile back on :shock:

4lb this month :shock:

Clearly i'm not going to do the obvious ie change my diet, go to the gym or god forbid cut down on the booze, so I need some sensible advice :roll:

I have limited range at the moment so is it better to get out there and put in a few slow road miles or ugh! jump on the turbo for 30 mins of spinning arrgghhh

Neither of those fills me with joy :(
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Turbo. *Provided* the doc says it's ok. There'll be no wasted miles.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    Doc & Physio both say cycling slowly on the flat will help my recovery, keep the miles low and the pace slow :( still at least i'm on the bike :D

As it's difficult to find anywhere flat around here I hit the turbo for 30 mins

5 min warm up, 5 min steady cad stepping up a gear every 5 mins keeping the cad the same until the last 10 mins then I hit it, 1 min reps up one gear, rest 1 min repeat for 5 mins followed by a 5 min cool down.

Wasn't that bad but 30 mins is prob all I can manage before total boredom sets in, it's actually quite difficult to keep both legs going with a consistent effort and not rock or roll your hips.
  • Let over sweets the office fools didn't fob off on kids over the weekend. Love hearts, swizel lollies, drumsticks etc :D
  • beef flavoured space raiders.... yummy :lol:

I had a contact lense slide and read that as beer flavoured at first...

I had a contact lense slide and read that as beer flavoured at first...

I don't wear contacts and I read it as beer flavoured as well, then I read MM's reply, went back and re-read it as beer flavoured again, tried to figure out what you were going on about and then finally noticed it was beef

It doesn't help that I'm clearly beer obsessed and I don't really associate the term "space raiders" with food :-)

PP
    People that make generalisations are all morons.

Target free since 2011.
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    In order to achieve my quest of entering a bike race in 2010 I have cut back on the calories even more..(not that it seems to make any difference)

So out go my super sized salads with all the trimmings and i'm now haing a home made salad of grilled salmon, tomato, red onion, cucumber and beetroot with a slice of seeded bread. It was quite yum actually.
    Tonight I will have a stir fry, I bought a can of cooking oil that comes out as a mist and will be having some marinated beef, spinach, onion, and broccoli with it..will probably have more seeded bread too and lots of my newly dicovered Rooibos bush tea :)

However despite all my efforts I seem to be getting bigger and now have mans legs too...which is not good!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,218
    Sunday .......Kids party food
    Monday........Kids party food leftovers
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • itboffin
    Nothing, the pills the doc has given me make me nauseas seems Diclofenac doesn't agree with my delicate constitution :(
  • itboffin wrote:
    Nothing, the pills the doc has given me make me nauseas seems Diclofenac doesn't agree with my delicate constitution :(

Ask for arthrotec75 (from docs obv) - its got anti stomach stuff round the pill itself.
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    so far
    Brekkie - 2 slices of sunflower seed rye bread with marmite..it was lovely
    lunch - salad, salmon and bread
    snacks - two chocolate mini rolls (i was starving) and a sachet of oatso simple with apple and rasins
    Dinner - I will be attmpting a Waitrose recipe of sweet potato, savoy cabbage and eggs all cooked in one pan. I'm sure it will be a disaster.
  • itboffin
    moonio wrote:
    so far
    Brekkie - 2 slices of sunflower seed rye bread with marmite..it was lovely
    lunch - salad, salmon and bread
    snacks - two chocolate mini rolls (i was starving) and a sachet of oatso simple with apple and rasins
    Dinner - I will be attmpting a Waitrose recipe of sweet potato, savoy cabbage and eggs all cooked in one pan. I'm sure it will be a disaster.

We had that last week yummy yummy yum it's sort of a sweet pots version of bubble a squeak :D
  • itboffin
    As i'm off the booze and detox eating at the moment I thought i'd do some diet research in particular I was wondering if a natural anti-inflammatory food or diet exists, oh joy of joys what do I find...?

The answer is Curry!!!!

:lol:
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    crappy diet at the moment

Coco pops for breakfast (at midday due to working a night shift)
    Packet of crisps
    Cream Cheese Sandwhich
    Findus Spag Bowl
    Muller Rice.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Toast! Not enough though :( and I forgot my figs... Booo
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Tonight I will be eating haggis, guaranteed to put hairs on your legs.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Asprilla wrote:
    Tonight I will be eating haggis, guaranteed to put hairs on your legs.

Macsweens?

Risotto - chicken and mushroom.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I think the haggis is actually coming from a butcher, which would be great. However, if it is a McSweens I'll not be too disappointed as it's difficult to get hold of anything else easily in London.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • andyb78
    andyb78 Posts: 156
    itboffin wrote:

Ask him for bucastem (sp) matey - I've had the same problem. Went over to naproxen with a coating which means it doesn't affect your stomach lining as much ego less nausea...
    Road bike FCN 6

Hardtail Commuter FCN 11 (Apparently, but that may be due to the new beard...)
  • andyb78
    andyb78 Posts: 156
    andyb78 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Ask him for bucastem (sp) matey - I've had the same problem. Went over to naproxen with a coating which means it doesn't affect your stomach lining as much ego less nausea...

EDIT ergo...
    Road bike FCN 6

Hardtail Commuter FCN 11 (Apparently, but that may be due to the new beard...)