Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    edited October 2010
    Was good to meet everybody on Friday and put some faces to the names....wobble home needs further practice though....
  • JZed wrote:
    Was good to meet everbody on Friday and put some faces to the names....wobble home needs further practice though....

that just takes further visits to perfect the technique ;)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I demonstrated all the willpower of an addict in a crack factory.

Good to meet some new folks though!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064

There were new people ??? :shock:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    <haley-joel-osment>I see new people</haley-joel-osment>
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Alphabet
    Alphabet Posts: 436
    ok ,whern's the next one. i will get WesternWay to chaperone me so i don't get too rowdy.
  • itboffin wrote:

Oh i'm hurt now. forgotten i was there and i even bought you a pint! I must be really dull. Enjoyed it all the same, Ill make sure i'm off next time so i can do more tasting!
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • itboffin wrote:

Oh i'm hurt now. forgotten i was there and i even bought you a pint! I must be really dull. Enjoyed it all the same, Ill make sure i'm off next time so i can do more tasting!

No laddie, he was so drunk he can't remember anyone who was there :D
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    itboffin wrote:

No laddie, he was so drunk he can't remember anyone who was there :D

his liver's weaker than his knees these days

Nice to meet you flyingbogey
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • anyone up for a couple of cheeky "training" pints to prepare themselves for christmas social...
  • jzed
    anyone up for a couple of cheeky "training" pints to prepare themselves for christmas social...

Sound good - I'll be there
  • Alphabet
    tomorrow? might be able to pop in for a couple.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    not for me sorry, at a mates birthday drinks

how'd those overshoes work out for you?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Alphabet
    yeah, they're great - cheers. kept my feet toasty and dry when it heaved it down on tuesday afternoon. made it a lot more acceptable. i look utterly ridiculous wearing them, but hey ho, no worse than the tights!
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Not me, my folks are coming to stay. Urgh.
  • Mr Bronchitis decided to come back and really tear me a few new air holes in my lungs. No bike today and no pub.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Mr Bronchitis decided to come back and really tear me a few new air holes in my lungs. No bike today and no pub.
    That's cos of that silly mask you wear. Try inhaling some of London's famous pollution, it'll kill the bad things in your lungs.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    True Londoners don't trust breathing air they can't see!

Might be up for a 'training pint' or two.

~6-6:30?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    True Londoners trust air they can't see!

Can't stand to see untruths on here 8) :wink:
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Sorry, no sitting in the Morpeth carving a pumpkin this year for me i'm afraid.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • jonginge
    Ha, I'd forgotten about that. :D

Sadly, I can't make it either
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Well I'm very disappointed, I dropped by the Morpeth last night (probably around 6.45-7pm) and there was no one there... At least no clear gaggle of cyclists. Saw a couple of bikes locked up on the railings outside and a couple of people ho had clealy cycled there and were part of other groups but no one I recognised from my previous visits to the Morpeth. So does drinks at The Morpeth not happen every Fri anymore? I thought a few people had inicated that they would be there
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Not sure it ever happened every friday HH. Maybe once a month at best - more often that not was when enough people were free. There wasn't that many replies (this time) and some really do stop for just one or two and if they arrive pre 6 can easily be gone by 6.30. Cit Smith being a prime example.
  • jzed
    Well I'm very disappointed, I dropped by the Morpeth last night (probably around 6.45-7pm) and there was no one there... At least no clear gaggle of cyclists. Saw a couple of bikes locked up on the railings outside and a couple of people ho had clealy cycled there and were part of other groups but no one I recognised from my previous visits to the Morpeth. So does drinks at The Morpeth not happen every Fri anymore? I thought a few people had inicated that they would be there

I came past at 6.15 and nobody else was there so carried on home.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I went past at around 7. Saw two bikes locked up and no obvious SCRers so I wen home too.

If everyone who came and went actually stayed, we would have had a half decent turnout.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Well I'm very disappointed, I dropped by the Morpeth last night (probably around 6.45-7pm) and there was no one there... At least no clear gaggle of cyclists. Saw a couple of bikes locked up on the railings outside and a couple of people ho had clealy cycled there and were part of other groups but no one I recognised from my previous visits to the Morpeth. So does drinks at The Morpeth not happen every Fri anymore? I thought a few people had inicated that they would be there

I don't think it ever has, HH, it's more a 'if enough people say yes then it happens' thing. A telltale sign is to look on this thread after about 1630 and see if there are lots of posts saying 'yeah, about 6pm'...
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Ah well, I'll know next time! I though that the alcoholics of this forum like ITB were permanently camped out there on a Fri night...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Ah well, I'll know next time! I though that the alcoholics of this forum like ITB were permanently camped out there on a Fri night...

:roll:

Never touch the stuff
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    itboffin wrote:

:roll:

Never touch the stuff

me neither, I always try to keep a few mm of glass between beer and my hand until I get a chance to pour it away
    Hat + Beard
  • jonginge
    How about a not so dry run this Friday ....?
    Could pop in for a pint or two. Need to be compos mentis on saturday rather than just fit for compost, though.
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides