Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    dhope wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:
    perhaps if you've been cycling every day, but I haven't quite got to that point yet. :oops:

4 letters, starts with M.

It was torrential rain by the time I got home, soaked through. Nice to meet/catch up with folks.

haha, I'll be cycling in 3 times this week at least and I didn't wimp out this morning in the face of torrential rain so i'm getting there.
    Hat + Beard
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    dhope wrote:
    It was torrential rain by the time I got home, soaked through...

I got wet on the way there and soaked when I headed to Brixton for a mate's bday drinks. I wisely took the advice of my friends to stay the night down in dirty SLondon rather than ending up as roadkill trying to ride home in the wet & dark at 3AM.

Good to meet you all. I felt proper squiffy by the time I left. Nice!!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    with the dirty studos doing their best to be a pita

Anyone fancy a beer in the peth? My evenings plans have taken a beating and I've got a pass so to speak
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Interesting... will need a lock, though
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Kayaking ce soir... brrrr...
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    edited November 2010
    not for me. am out in soho tonight. hoping my status as an old regular will mean I'll be allowed to take my bike in the pub i'm going to, it's not used to being left alone outside yet :lol:

will still need to be lugging my kryptonite chain along though just in case I can't :(
    Hat + Beard
  • jonginge
    brrrr, indeed. The H2O based liquids down the 'peth will be a tad warmer (I hope)
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Clever Pun
    JonGinge wrote:
    Interesting... will need a lock, though

I've got my tiny D and a cable so it's doable
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Whitehall now seems open. Parliament Sq looks like it might be OK.

Millbank still best avoided. It seems to have been cordoned off, certainly at Vauxhaull Bridge and probably at Lambeth Bridge or Parly Sq. Lots of rubbish around, and people milling about. Seems clear on Vicky embankment from VB road westwards now, though.

Albert Embankment (south bank) from Lambeth Bridge to Vauxhall Cross (and Vauxhall Bridge) chocka with coaches which are ferrying students - real gridlock on the embankment.

If you are cold, you can come and stand at the bonfire in Millbank courtyard :roll:

Reckon Morpeth is accessible?
  • Clever Pun
    JZed wrote:

Millbank still best avoided. It seems to have been cordoned off, certainly at Vauxhaull Bridge and probably at Lambeth Bridge or Parly Sq. Lots of rubbish around, and people milling about. Seems clear on Vicky embankment from VB road westwards now, though.

Albert Embankment (south bank) from Lambeth Bridge to Vauxhall Cross (and Vauxhall Bridge) chocka with coaches which are ferrying students - real gridlock on the embankment.

If you are cold, you can come and stand at the bonfire in Millbank courtyard :roll:

certainly will be jdizzle, even if you drop south of the river and head back over vauxhall bridge
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • jzed
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JZed wrote:

certainly will be jdizzle, even if you drop south of the river and head back over vauxhall bridge

What time? Will be interesting to try the "Sorry I couldn't make it home, there were a load of students protesting so had to stop at the pub......"
  • Clever Pun
    I should be there 6.30-6.45 depending on traffic and how many students I have to slap
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Student bashing & the Morpeth oh how I wish I wasn't WFH today.

:twisted:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Tempted to head down for a couple. Small matter of the Manc Derby this evening, so need to be home and comfortable in my armchair for 8pm kick off.
  • Clever Pun
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Tempted to head down for a couple. Small matter of the Manc Derby this evening, so need to be home and comfortable in my armchair for 8pm kick off.

they might have the tellybox on?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • jzed
    _Brun_ wrote:

All the students should be gone soon then.....a missed day of lecturing by kicking the sh!t out of Millbank and then off to the pub to watch some football
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    _Brun_ wrote:

fuuuuu*k but I don't know who I want to lose more. I mean I hate Citeh, but could do with nil points for ManU.
  • _Brun_
    Clever Pun wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:
    they might have the tellybox on?
    Had never even noticed they had one. How convenient.
  • _Brun_
    Made it down here in one piece. Back streets were are gridlocked, great time to be on a bike. Embankment here is very quiet except for the distant thrum of a helicopter.

Had forgot about weds night motorbike club in Traf Sq. That were a complete clusterfuck.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Anyone up for *a* pint on Friday?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:

Might be it'll have to be just the one though, it's Mrs itboffin XX birthday party on Sat. I need to be 100% on my game.

After all who else is going to entertain almost 100 of her friends [rubs thighs v slowly]
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cjcp
    itboffin wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Might be it'll have to be just the one though, it's Mrs itboffin XX birthday party on Sat. I need to be 100% on my game.

After all who else is going to entertain almost 100 of her friends [rubs thighs v slowly]

Well, as it happens, I'll be heading to Paddington after said pint, so I'll make sure you come with me.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Well, as it happens, I'll be heading to Paddington after said pint, so I'll make sure you come with me.

Yeh I actually go via Waterloo you know erm extended commute and all that :oops: thanks for the offer, weekend in Wales for you then and taking the bike v nice :wink:
  • cjcp
    itboffin wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Yeh I actually go via Waterloo you know erm extended commute and all that :oops: thanks for the offer, weekend in Wales for you then and taking the bike v nice :wink:

Yup. Going down for the Boks match. Ride with Benno on Saturday morning.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    Do pass on my best and be kind now :lol:

I will be flogging myself to death b4 the wife and 1,000,000 of her friends arrive at our house :?
  • I might be up for ONE or maybe two pints on Friday. I'm at the rugby on Saturday at twickers, and am trying to pack in a couple of hours kayaking before then.

However, I am flying in from Germany Friday afternoon, so I may be knackered and grumpy and give it a miss.
  • jonginge
    edited November 2010
    Twas a chilly ride home ce soir. Sorry, zjed. I was soft-pedalling, honest

May be up for a couple on Friday...
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • jzed
    JonGinge wrote:
    Twas a chilly ride home ce sour. Sorry, zjed. I was soft-pedalling, honest

Mmmmmm that was soft-pedalling - you went of like a man on a mission, so I just sat back (not that I could have kept up) and watched your four red lights rapidly disappear into the distance. Spent a long time trying to get my legs to go round in circles and still trying to get them to work - few too many Peroni's I suspect.
  • jonginge
    JZed wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    Twas a chilly ride home ce sour. Sorry, zjed. I was soft-pedalling, honest

Mmmmmm that was soft-pedalling - you went of like a man on a mission, so I just sat back (not that I could have kept up) and watched your four red lights rapidly disappear into the distance. Spent a long time trying to get my legs to go round in circles and still trying to get them to work - few too many Peroni's I suspect.
    :oops: I didn't look back until near the end of the DSC by which point it was a bit late...

Sorry about the typos in the above post. I'm blaming the stupid auto-correct on my phone. Not the beer. Oh no.
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • cjcp
    Beer tonight, anyone?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."