Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• I shall be there from 6ish likely. Very thirsty indeed.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    JonGinge wrote:
    Should be there by 6:30

Ditto. I've managed to procure a lock as well.
  • I'll come along later - as MM reminded me, beer is a well known effective painkiller.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    JonGinge wrote:

ditto ditto. 4 at lunch

Jon, you riding?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

ditto ditto. 4 at lunch

Jon, you riding?
    Only 4 at lunch? You're slipping ;)

Thought about riding this morning. I'm going with my "rest day" excuse.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Clever Pun
    JonGinge wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

ditto ditto. 4 at lunch

Jon, you riding?
    Only 4 at lunch? You're slipping ;)

Thought about riding this morning. I'm going with my "rest day" excuse.

heh, I stepped up for 5.. 3 is more the usual..I'm releasing some stuff live today, glad I'm not on call :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Hi,

I stumbled across the SCR thread a while ago, and have been lurking in the bushes reading that for a while. My Embankment commute became Ben Hur.

Is there any etiquette for showing up for Friday beers? Formal invite, 3 stage interview?

Anything Masonic would be going too far.
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Need some Guinness to kill off these sniffles. Probably get there around 6:45... this WILL be the time i don't get lost on the way.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • mantaray wrote:
    Hi,

I stumbled across the SCR thread a while ago, and have been lurking in the bushes reading that for a while. My Embankment commute became Ben Hur.

Is there any etiquette for showing up for Friday beers? Formal invite, 3 stage interview?

Anyone's welcome - just look for the people in lycra.
  • il_principe
    mantaray wrote:
    Hi,

You have to sing a song whilst standing on the bar... any song will do. That and buy a round of course...

... Always pleased to welcome new faces so pop in and look for the drunk people in lycra, we kinda stand out.
  • That I can manage.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    mantaray wrote:
    That I can manage.

Goat love IS compulsory :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clever Pun
    Wooo beer... the way home was a little dicey
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Apologies for bailing on the lap OJ, reckon I'd exhausted meself between the knobhead scooter rider and shouting at no lights arseholes riding up the non-lit Outer Circle. Good to have company on the ride home for once, next time I might make a better job of following your lead!

Hope everyone else made it home ok, especially the novice in the pricey looking Castelli.
  • Oddjob62
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Apologies for bailing on the lap OJ, reckon I'd exhausted meself between the knobhead scooter rider and shouting at no lights arseholes riding up the non-lit Outer Circle. Good to have company on the ride home for once, next time I might make a better job of following your lead!

Hope everyone else made it home ok, especially the novice in the pricey looking Castelli.

Hehe... no worries, good to ride with you again... cutting it whort might have been for the best... i almost had an accident (running into a fence) getting into my road :o
  • Oddjob62
    _Brun_ wrote:
    especially the novice in the pricey looking Castelli.

Yeah who invited that to**er?? :P
  • Oddjob62 wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:

Cheeky bugger caught up with me as I was meandering my way home. Perhaps so many bombadiers isn't such a good idea :D Nice though. He may have been off the cyle for a while but his bike fu is still strong.

Good time chaps - shame my head has to spoil it now by hurting.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Oddjob62
    shame my head has to spoil it now by hurting.

Ditto :(
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Thanks for a really nice evening folks. So nice, I left about 10 minutes later than I probably should have. Despite a beer guided run to Victoria, I missed the 9:30 to Leeds. Next one wasn't til 11:30 so I decided to get the 10:00pm train to York and try to get back from there. Ended up sat around a cold, empty York station with no facilities til almost 2am. Didn't get home til half past 2. Tthat's 5 and a half hours after leaving the Morpeth! :(

And that damned Southern beer did me no good at all :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Well I got Christophe and myself successfully back to ealing, albeit not quite on my usual route - I never know how I do that... it's rarely repeated... I'm sure Christophe was bored to tears and pootling while I was huffing and puffing along... so unfit.

Good to see you all! Next time we really must eat, damn it.
  • il_principe
    Oddjob62 wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:

Cheeky bugger caught up with me as I was meandering my way home. Perhaps so many bombadiers isn't such a good idea :D Nice though. He may have been off the cyle for a while but his bike fu is still strong.

Good time chaps - shame my head has to spoil it now by hurting.

Heheheh, was very surprised when I caught you actually, not expecting that.

Good evening and I didn't have a hangover this am. Settling in to watch the mighty Blues now.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Very enjoyable evening. Must start biking to the pub, though. Waiting for the last train is getting tedious.

Rolf, sorry to hear of your travel woes. Still, you were more fortunate than Redvee when he ventured into town for the first SCR xmas do.

While Guinness is sometimes termed as a meal in a glass, some real food would have been good. Next time, agreed.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    JonGinge wrote:
    Very enjoyable evening. Must start biking to the pub, though. Waiting for the last train is getting tedious.

Rolf, sorry to hear of your travel woes. Still, you were more fortunate than Redvee when he ventured into town for the first SCR xmas do.

While Guinness is sometimes termed as a meal in a glass, some real food would have been good. Next time, agreed.

What happened to Redvee?......

Actually, it wasn't so bad in a way - I felt that manky that getting to bed earlier might not have been much better anyway. I couldn't help thinking though that if I could average 20mph lond distance (lol!) I could have got half way back to Leeds on a bicycle in the time it took last night :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Well I got Christophe and myself successfully back to ealing, albeit not quite on my usual route - I never know how I do that... it's rarely repeated... I'm sure Christophe was bored to tears and pootling while I was huffing and puffing along... so unfit.

What? We didn't eat? It all makes sense now.... :lol:

Not pootling btw - I was, apparently, 'clammy' when I got home. :roll:
  • Oddjob62

Yeah it was strange... one minute we were talking about how time had gone so slowly (was about 8:15 iirc) then the next minute it was kicking out time.
  • Clever Pun
    Well I got Christophe and myself successfully back to ealing, albeit not quite on my usual route - I never know how I do that... it's rarely repeated... I'm sure Christophe was bored to tears and pootling while I was huffing and puffing along... so unfit.

Not pootling btw - I was, apparently, 'clammy' when I got home. :roll:

I'm sure there were at least 2 bags of crisps
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Oddjob62 wrote:

Yeah it was strange... one minute we were talking about how time had gone so slowly (was about 8:15 iirc) then the next minute it was kicking out time.

Totally! That was weird.

Next time food, yeah? And not just crisps. I ate the entire world when I got home!
  • il_principe
    Oddjob62 wrote:

Totally! That was weird.

Next time food, yeah? And not just crisps. I ate the entire world when I got home!

+1 to food, I had to resort to KFC, they didn't appreciate me wheeling the bike into the 'restaurant' as they so hopefully call it.
  • Clever Pun
    Oh yeah... I wonder if we'll get a new member round these parts soon

:lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Oddjob62 wrote:

Totally! That was weird.

+1 to food, I had to resort to KFC, they didn't appreciate me wheeling the bike into the 'restaurant' as they so hopefully call it.

Hopefully is the right word. It's definitely the least awful of the fast food options though.