Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I should be there at my customary time of 7ish. Is it warm enough to sit outside yet?
  • _Brun_ wrote:
    I should be there at my customary time of 7ish. Is it warm enough to sit outside yet?

Of course it is...
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    _Brun_ wrote:

Of course it is...

Have you seen the forecast for Friday? I'll be inside where it's warm and dry (and scary).
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I'm in like sin
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Argh. Can't make it. Quiz Night at school.

IP: you have a definite all-clear to ride now?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    _Brun_ wrote:

Of course it is...

Have you seen the forecast for Friday? I'll be inside where it's warm and dry (and scary).

Whatever you do, don't click on the 7-14 day view for London on metcheck - depressing.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Anyone in earlier? I'll prolly be done with my stuff and over by 5-5:30. Depends how long it takes me to walk over.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Gr. I've been scheduled to fill in for a colleague at a meeting on Friday afternoon.

... in South Wales ...

... scheduled to finish at 16:30 ...

... with contractors to discuss a few sticking points ...

... so it will probably end much later than that.

:(
  • Keen.
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    edited January 2010
    Aye caramaba on the weather for friday night!

edit: usual time of pre 6ish but not by much. Spare room on the old locks as ever for 1 maybe 2 at a push.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Clever Pun
    I should be there 6.30 I reckon
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Greg66 wrote:
    Argh. Can't make it. Quiz Night at school.

It's about time you won after all they're only children :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • il_principe
    Greg66 wrote:

Hell yeah, been back on the bike since Saturday. happy0122.gif

Anyone got a lock? Mine is marooned in the wilds of North London.
  • Anyone got a lock? Mine is marooned in the wilds of North London.

You've booked a slot for the spare space on mine - cp will doubt try to hang on too... :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • il_principe
    Anyone got a lock? Mine is marooned in the wilds of North London.

You've booked a slot for the spare space on mine - cp will doubt try to hang on too... :D

Cheers MM.
  • I've a spare lock space too.

I could theoretically be there whenever, but realistically I rarely make it there before 5:30 - 6:00
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    I might be able to attend, seeing as it's for a good cause and I'm up in town on Friday! It'll also mean I can do Blackfriars Tunnel!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Not this week got a funeral to go to, even with my driving skills I can't cover 200 miles in the rush on Friday to make the pub, I have to work the next few weeks so so y'll around life is a bitch for sure!
  • itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

It's about time you won after all they're only children :lol:

yeah but the questions are all about daytime TV on CBBC and work gets @rsey if I clog bandwidth all day streaming iPlayer "revising"...

Bloody Tracey Beaker.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Clever Pun
    I've a spare lock space too.

I could theoretically be there whenever, but realistically I rarely make it there before 5:30 - 6:00

dibs on the lock space... :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • I need to get myself along to one of these soon, it's been ages, but people keep having birthdays and leaving dos etc and it's really inconsiderate of them... :roll:
  • itboffin
    You'll be relieved to know I won't be there, planning a mini epic ride on sat. all going well the details should be up on ride reports sometime sat night.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    itboffin wrote:
    You'll be relieved to know I won't be there, planning a mini epic ride on sat. all going well the details should be up on ride reports sometime sat night.
    Who are you? Bring the real ITB back. I can't imagine him eschewing beverages to prepare for a ride the next day...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    JonGinge wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Who are you? Bring the real ITB back. I can't imagine him eschewing beverages to prepare for a ride the next day...

It's *all* about the Stats title this year. I bet he's planning on doing the Tour of Wessex, too :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jonginge
    cjcp wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

It's *all* about the Stats title this year. I bet he's planning on doing the Tour of Wessex, too :lol:
    And the occasional double-LEJOG...

Bah, humbug. You can keep your stats! *shuffles off to add tonight's commute miles*
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Yep actually I am, I was wondering how many days to do, well it's pretty much on my doorstep it would be rude not too. :wink:
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    itboffin wrote:

Get back on the beer man, your knees can't take all this riding. Sod the stats, who's bothered about them anyway :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • remind me what time is beer o'clock today?
  • jonginge
    Should be there by 6:30
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    remind me what time is beer o'clock today?
    I thought in your case it was whenever you got thirsty?

7 in my case, and I will be thirsty.