Rides
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    JonGinge wrote:
    Possible... would be about 6:30 though

feeling a little slow eh! I understand :wink:

could be your age :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    It's never a 'quick one' though is it?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    Clever Pun wrote:

Go on....

I have a lock?

No Brun not a D-lock :lol:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clever Pun
    itboffin wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

Go on....

I have a lock?

No Brun not a D-lock :lol:

nah I got to get home tonight

tomorrow I might be more inclined to have a cheeky tipple
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    About to set off. You still going ITB?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • itboffin
    JonGinge wrote:
    About to set off. You still going ITB?

natch old bean but you know that now, like the new togs btw :wink:

mmm Castelli mmmm

FYI peeps the new barmaid has some interesting ink :shock:
  • itboffin
    So here I am stuck on the train with nothing to do but poke fun and I find one of my fellow train buddies (complete drunken stranger) in distress, here he is with a cold bottle of beer and now means to open said cool refreshing brev

This poor chap looks over at me as I take another large lip smacking slurp of Guinness and asks with longing hope and a little despair

"do you have a bottle opener?"

Why yes my weary traveller friend, what sort? I reply

Q much puzzled and slightly afraid looks as I produce an array of alcoholic enabling devices from my soggy bag :lol:

He's happy now as he sips his beer but I detect I slight unrest - perhaps I should take my hand off his knee :shock:

PS. Is it weird to be carrying an assortment of cocktail instruments in a saddle bag?
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    itboffin wrote:
    So here I am stuck on the train with nothing to do but poke fun and I find one of my fellow train buddies (complete drunken stranger) in distress, here he is with a cold bottle of beer and now means to open said cool refreshing brev

This poor chap looks over at me as I take another large lip smacking slurp of Guinness and asks with longing hope and a little despair

"do you have a bottle opener?"

Why yes my weary traveller friend, what sort? I reply

Q much puzzled and slightly afraid looks as I produce an array of alcoholic enabling devices from my soggy bag :lol:

He's happy now as he sips his beer but I detect I slight unrest - perhaps I should take my hand off his knee :shock:

PS. Is it weird to be carrying an assortment of cocktail instruments in a saddle bag?

For anybody else, yes. For you, hell no! :)
  • jonginge
    So, I had a couple of beers with Mr Boffin and the PF, promiscuous lady that she is, conferred her affections upon me, leaving a present to find in the morning.
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    itboffin wrote:

It depends

Maraschino cherries
    Little paper umbrella

Yes

Gin, Vodka,

No
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Clever Pun
    JonGinge wrote:
    So, I had a couple of beers with Mr Boffin and the PF, promiscuous lady that she is, conferred her affections upon me, leaving a present to find in the morning.

that's what happens if you drink with itb, the PF will notice you

that and it was sh!tting it down and that always increases the chance of getting deflated
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123

Not weird, almost essential !
    I found myself in beer-deprived distress the other week, on the train back from Eastbourne. I'd just cycled the South Down's Way, and had procured a bottle of beer to make the long train journey home more bearable. I settled into my seat, produced my beer, opened my bag....and realised that rather than bring the usual bunch of keys that has my bottle-opener keyring on it, that comes *everywhere* with me, I'd saved weight by just bringing the essential keys :shock:

No worries, I thought, I have a comprehensive toolkit....
    ...and then I remember that my multi-tool had escaped somewhere on the trail after I'd stupidly left my saddlebag open.

I was starting to get worried now - I had the long-anticipated beer in my hand, but my teeth aren't up to chewing open bottles, nor could I devise a way to open it using duck tape, inner tubes and cable ties. I was thinking longingly about bike frames with bottle-opener dropouts, so went to my bike in search of inspiration, realised that the stiff, almost-unopenable seatclamp could be my salvation....and voila, beer opened 2 seconds later.

Unfortunately I'd had to run for the train, so the beer was a bit lively - apologies to South West trains for the small spillage. It was *beer* so I obviously didn't spill it deliberately !
    Misguided Idealist
  • itboffin
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

that and it was sh!tting it down and that always increases the chance of getting deflated

It was a shocker out here in the sticks last night on top of the down pour one of my considerate local farmers choose yesterday to cut the bushes back along a 5 miles stretch of lane, now I don't know if you've ever seen one of those tractor attachments but I can tell you the resulting debris left on the road is enough to make the PF pee her pants.
  • itboffin wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

It was a shocker out here in the sticks last night on top of the down pour one of my considerate local farmers choose yesterday to cut the bushes back along a 5 miles stretch of lane, now I don't know if you've ever seen one of those tractor attachments but I can tell you the resulting debris left on the road is enough to make the PF pee her pants.

have you thought of solid tires........................
  • Jaysus... you lot... You can open a beer with any flat object - lighter, spoon, train seat... or teeth if all else fails.

Tools are for girls.
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

have you thought of solid tires........................

No but i've often considered assisted suicide, you interested?

:twisted:
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    I was going to aim for a witty and thoughtful response, but frankly this opportunity is too good to miss:
    Tools are for girls.
    FNARR !
    :twisted:
    Misguided Idealist
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Real men open bottles with their Teeth.

"DonDaddyD opening bottles of Supermalt with his teeth since 1995"

How to open a bottle with your teeth
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Real men open bottles with their Teeth.

"DonDaddyD opening bottles of Supermalt with his teeth since 1995"

How to open a bottle with your teeth

and you wonder why you have teeth trouble... :P
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • itboffin
    So who wants to buy me a beer?

:o
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    I was going to come along this evening, but I've got bronchitis. :(

And yes, that was a blatant call for sympathy. Sniff...
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Not me. Mrs CJ is out, so I'm looking after the monsters.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    itboffin wrote:
    So who wants to buy me a beer?

:o
    I'd love to, but have an evening of inter-fora infidelity on the agenda.
  • I'll get you one next friday...
  • itboffin
    I'll get you one next friday...

but but but it's not my birthday next Friday :cry:
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    itboffin wrote:

but but but it's not my birthday next Friday :cry:

I will buy you a beer some time but not this friday or next..
  • You will be a week older (and wiser) and I won't be going to a party...
  • jonginge
    Sorry old chap can't make it today. Happy Birthday, though :D
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Any takers for a couple of swift cheekies tonight per chance?

Jash - I'll buy you a consolatory Peroni.
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor