Morpeth Social Club

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I've started early as usual :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • What's the weapon of choice, ITB?
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    itboffin wrote:

Now there's a surprise :shock: :wink:

Careful Roastie, we might get sent to the roadie section if we don't talk about fixies all night :roll: :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited June 2009
    Dear London SCR commuters

Pease accept my apologies as I will be unable to attend tonights social meeting at the Morpeth. I'm sure the meeting will be enjoyed by all and as ever, the evening will be filled with cold drinks and warm jovial conversation. I hope to meet with you all in the future.

Your's faithfully

The Don, the Daddy and the D
    Player of the Game
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    What? Morpeth? Again? If I come then Weds will be the only night I've been Morpethless.
  • itboffin
    Aiming to get there by 5ish... 8)

Woo dude do you have a drink problem or something :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Rich158 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Careful Roastie, we might get sent to the roadie section if we don't talk about fixies all night :roll: :wink:

funny you should mention fixies I have a flip flop hub fully fitted out this evening I might complete the full fakenger look by riding fixed whilst drunk listening to my ipod and sending a text message.
  • itboffin
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Pease accept my apologies as I will be unable to attend tonights social meeting at the Morpeth. I'm sure the meeting will be enjoyed by all and as ever, the evening will be filled with cold drinks and warm jovial conversation. I hope to meet with you all in the future.

Your's faithfully

Player of the Game

Ghey on a new scale of total ghey
  • Rich158
    itboffin wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

funny you should mention fixies I have a flip flop hub fully fitted out this evening I might complete the full fakenger look by riding fixed whilst drunk listening to my ipod and sending a text message.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't forget to RLJ, stopping is for wimps
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    You kids going to be outside? I can't stop for a drink, but I'll stop by a say hello.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • DonDaddyD
    itboffin wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Your's faithfully

Player of the Game

Ghey on a new scale of total ghey

Would I set even newer standards of ghey, if I told you that I was tearful when I found out about MJ (Michael Jackson) and that I've done nothing all day but listen to his music and watch his videos on my iPod and am contemplating holding a MJ Karaoke night at my flat as a way of honoring my childhood hero?

It may be that that is the reason I'm not in the mood for Morpeth....

OK even that is a little too ghey for me...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • il_principe
    Oh God, I've been fcuking TORTURED with MJ "music" all FCUKING day. To quote Dave Gorman:
    I hate being told to be in mourning. I'm sorry that a man died but no more sorry for him than I am for other strangers who died yesterday.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Oh God, I've been fcuking TORTURED with MJ "music" all FCUKING day. To quote Dave Gorman:
    I hate being told to be in mourning. I'm sorry that a man died but no more sorry for him than I am for other strangers who died yesterday.

Yeah, I'm in there with Dave on that too.

Not sure on beerz now, think I might head back to Essex...
  • DonDaddyD
    edited June 2009

OK from a philosphical/ethical point. MJ wasn't by definition a stranger. Sure many didn't know him personally, but were aware of his existence and the brilliance and genius within that existence. It's that such brilliance and genius that many are mourning the loss of.

However, appreciation of talent is subjective. You have to appreciate the art in which the talent is expressed. So I can totally understand why some couldn't, don't, won't or simply aren't affected by Michael Jackson's death. Others can't seperate the allegations of his private life from his professional life (would you receieve life saving operation from a convicted criminal if he was the only person who could perform it? Would you listen to the music of a man acqutited of the same alleged crime?) All this I can understand.

However, I love MJ's music, it did affect my life. I am sad that he has passed away and I will miss him and his music that could have come.

Sorry, this will be the only thing I will say on the matter.

What time is others getting to the Morpeth? Thinking about coming to lecture Prince some more....
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD

Don't worry, I'm not going to be able to make it... you're safe.... :shock:
    Food Chain number = 4

• lost_in_thought
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Don't worry, I'm not going to be able to make it... you're safe.... :shock:

:lol::lol:

OK I've changed my mind...

Only joking. It's the fact that tomorrow morning will be my only lie-in opportunity this week, and I have to go back up to essex for Saturday, so I'm better doing it this evening than tomorrow. Furthermore, I am not very good at having only one beer. :oops:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Good to see some of the gang again, and nice to meet you, Rich.

I did pootle home.

:)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Rich158
    Strange how that quick pop in to say hello turned into a pint :wink: Nice to meet you to cjcp.

I had resolved to ride all the way home after an evening of culture in Regents Park :shock: well I do need somethig to reset the balance after a beer with the lycra louts :wink: but after an hour of pootling (too many glasses of vino) I eventually got on the train :oops: Oh the shame of it.

Revised FCN - 2
  • itboffin
    @DDD :shock:

MTFU
  • Beers Friday to celebrate CJ's birthday people?
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • Rich158
    ffs it's only Tuesday, I can't start thinking about beer yet :roll:

I'll be there even if CJ won't :wink:

Revised FCN - 2
  • lost_in_thought
    I may be able to do Friday, but not a definite.... more likely to be unable than able.

I can, however, do Thursday, and could pop along for a half tonight before the book launch I am going to (wooooOOOOOoo)
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I can't do Friday, chaps, so have a blast!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    I think CJ said thurs would be better...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Rich158
    Bugger, I'd planned to race on Thursday and drink on Friday. Still I've had a dead leg all weekend :evil: :evil: so if I end up pulling out at CP tonight I may just pop along for a swift half :lol::lol:

Revised FCN - 2
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Can't do Thurs or Fri :(
  • il_principe
    I'm on the wagon but may attend briefly in a non alcoholic manner.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I am quite prepared to do Thurs AND Friday.
  • lost_in_thought
    _Brun_ wrote:
    I am quite prepared to do Thurs AND Friday.

Now that's commitment. We could all learn a lot from you, Brun. ;)