Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,610
    Aside from the above jersey and FREE socks, I think i have been pretty good of recent months.

I have ordered through necessity two kmc quicklinks, as boring as you can get.

This popped up on ebay, and I had been after one not in an XXXXL for quite some time, and this one was open to some decent bartering, so obtained it for what I deem a reasonable price.

May sell one of my other shakedry jackets now, but will wait for more inclement weather to do so:

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,856
    daniel_b said:

This popped up on ebay

I hope you aren't developing red/green colour blindness ;)

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • daniel_b
    lol, potentially, but I wanted this to use on my gravel/winter bike which is dark green with a purple flip.

I have a fair bit of purple and green kit that I wear with it, so thought this would be a good match - only available as new to RCC members of which I have never been one, and allegedly this one is unworn, though from having the Gore and 7mesh variants I know how hard wearing they are.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,463
    daniel_b said:

Aside from the above jersey and FREE socks, I think i have been pretty good of recent months.

This popped up on ebay, and I had been after one not in an XXXXL for quite some time, and this one was open to some decent bartering, so obtained it for what I deem a reasonable price.

May sell one of my other shakedry jackets now, but will wait for more inclement weather to do so:

You have been very good lately daniel. Time to cut loose again me thinks 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Very dull I’m afraid. Blue spd sl. See if less float can resolve me knee issue. Really don’t enjoy sliding about the pedal on the yellow. Wet lube and inner tube to make free delivery.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b said:

Well that's annoying, I'm thinking he must have had a 'better offer' from someone, as last night I received a message to say he had found a rip in the material, and was cancelling and refunding the order - which has happened.

Sounds unlikely to me.

I replied to say I would like to see a picture to see how bad it is, and that we could them come to an agreement on a new price - I doubt I will get a reply.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    Properly treated myself today. Aerocoach Aeox Disc Wheel , more than most of my bikes have cost me. Hoping to shave a couple of seconds off my 10 TT time but I will look good doing it 😀
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,856
    After my life changing dilemma in recent weeks on what GPS bargain to buy and missing the Mega XL further reduction to £36 at Wiggle yesterday morning, I've just spent a whopping £27 on the Lezyne Super Pro that would cost me ~£115 at Merlin with loyalty discount.

https://www.wiggle.com/p/lezyne-super-pro-gps-cycling-computer

It will do basic GPS features well enough without me spending £100+ on features I might not be able to use because of long covid and when I hopefully regain some stamina, I can look for a more feature-rich unit bargain and use this Super Pro for work commutes.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b said:

daniel_b said:

Well that's annoying, I'm thinking he must have had a 'better offer' from someone, as last night I received a message to say he had found a rip in the material, and was cancelling and refunding the order - which has happened.

Sounds unlikely to me.

I replied to say I would like to see a picture to see how bad it is, and that we could them come to an agreement on a new price - I doubt I will get a reply.
    In light of recent events this seems, and is indeed, trite and meaningless, but to give the seller his due, he has had the jacket repaired, sent me pictures, and I've just bought it for a 2nd time.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    Jacket collected from the drop off shop (Evri/Hermes) today, automated response though states 'Sorry we were unable to deliver your item today' - hahaha, hopefully delivered tomorrow, wish me luck eh. If it gets this far, at least I know our local Evri delivery person is a very good one.

Anyway, in really boring purchase news, I have bought 3 pairs of SH51 SPD cleats :p

Was surprised to see some quality spd pedals I bought recently came with the SH56 cleats, which I have never used, but have always seen worse reviews of than the 51s.

Needed a few pairs, as I have a couple of pairs of shoes I want to fit out, plus a spare set for my daughters shoes.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,629
    https://www.lusso.bike/products/aero-jersey-hebden-1?variant=40973922795690

Ordered a couple of these to try in different colours and sizes. There's an extra 10% off if you sign up to the mailing list. I will report back when they arrive...
  • daniel_b
    Mywindsock sub for £12.49 for the first 12 months, double that for future years - intrigued to see how much use I get out of it in the 1st year.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,158
    daniel_b said:

Mywindsock sub for £12.49 for the first 12 months, double that for future years - intrigued to see how much use I get out of it in the 1st year.

I've used the free for ages and it's very good... Not sure what special features you get for your £12.50, be interested to find out.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 said:

https://www.lusso.bike/products/aero-jersey-hebden-1?variant=40973922795690

Ordered a couple of these to try in different colours and sizes. There's an extra 10% off if you sign up to the mailing list. I will report back when they arrive...

Jerseys turned up and seem very nicely made.

Both medium and large fit fine (I'm 39" chest and 32" waist) - going to keep the large which has a little bit more room.

They're probably slightly bigger fitting than a Rapha Pro Team Aero jersey. Similar fit to La Passione I would say.

The magenta colour looks great in the flesh, the stone a little less so.

Have a zipped pocket which is always a bonus.

• mrb123
    Ordered 3 pairs of socks from Pongo. Haven't tried them before. They have 3 for 2 on and a few models reduced so worked out about 10 quid a pair.

Also ordered a couple of baselayer vests from Wiggle - a DHB one and a Craft one.
  • daniel_b
    edited July 2023
    mrb123 said:

Ordered 3 pairs of socks from Pongo. Haven't tried them before. They have 3 for 2 on and a few models reduced so worked out about 10 quid a pair.

Also ordered a couple of baselayer vests from Wiggle - a DHB one and a Craft one.

I have 4 pairs of Pongo socks iirc, they do have nice designs and colourways, and are good quality. Not my absolute favourite socks, that honour falls to these:
    https://chainreactioncycles.com/p/gripgrab-lightweight-sl-socks

Proper luxurious feeling socks (The grip grabs), and I didn't think I would ever say that.
    They do size up big though, I am a UK size 10, and medium is perfect.

Anyway, I digress.

Just ordered 10 shimano gear cables from Merlin, for only £1.50 each!
    Plus a tub of muc off bio grease to not have to pay for postage.

Also ordered a pair of LW Castelli bib shorts for a bargain £55 from Sigma, and 2 endura jerseys plus full length zip leg warmers vastly reduced in their pretty good sale.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • mrb123
    Well I ordered the Endura long sleeve jersey in "grape"...
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    The decathlon premium ones are also fantastic.
  • daniel_b
    mrb123 said:

Let us know your thoughts.
    I think it's a really gorgeous colour.
    Hope you like the cut and the fit.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • seanoconn
    daniel_b said:

mrb123 said:

Headed to endura and bagged a couple of bargains for winter. Was about to pay when I realised my bargains looked strangely familiar. Checked the cycling wing of my mansion (one large draw in bedroom) and yep, I had bagged these exact bargains last winter and not worn them yet.
  • daniel_b
    seanoconn said:

daniel_b said:

mrb123 said:

Headed to endura and bagged a couple of bargains for winter. Was about to pay when I realised my bargains looked strangely familiar. Checked the cycling wing of my mansion (one large draw in bedroom) and yep, I had bagged these exact bargains last winter and not worn them yet.
    Quality - I had to do that as I had forgotten I had bought a SS grape jersey, and nearly ordered one of those :D
    Was it the 3 seasons jacket you were tempted by?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Pedals. Time Xpresso 7s, and a few cleats for various shoes. Have used Time for a few years and then moved recently to Look, but the nose of the grip cleats seem to grip the pedal body instead of sliding in, making traffic starts a bit of a faff.
  • mrb123
    daniel_b said:

mrb123 said:

Jersey turned up. Really like it.

Lovely colour as you say. The fabric is very soft and the weight of it is just what I was after - not mega thermal but warmer than summer jersey weight.

Quality seems decent and pockets are good.

Sleeve length is OK but remains to be seen if they ride up during rides, a common problem for me at 6'4" with rather puny arms.

Fit is snug but not restrictive - size medium (I'm 39" chest, 32" waist).
  • mrb123
    mrb123 said:

Just as a follow up to this, the DHB baselayer is very good. Definitely a better fit than the Craft one. No point in spending more really, the DHB does the job perfectly.
    https://www.wiggle.com/p/dhb-lightweight-mesh-sleeveless-base-layer?color=white
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    EW-RS910 bar end junction box to finally sort my Di2

New (used) chainset for my bike as my outgoing one separated.
  • daniel_b
    edited July 2023
    mrb123 said:

daniel_b said:

mrb123 said:

Jersey turned up. Really like it.

Lovely colour as you say. The fabric is very soft and the weight of it is just what I was after - not mega thermal but warmer than summer jersey weight.

Quality seems decent and pockets are good.

Sleeve length is OK but remains to be seen if they ride up during rides, a common problem for me at 6'4" with rather puny arms.

Fit is snug but not restrictive - size medium (I'm 39" chest, 32" waist).
    Delighted you like it, and hopefully it will be a good fit for you.

I'm only 5ft 10, and still have stick arms, so a different issue to yours.

I started with the small, which is what I have gone for in the short sleeve versions, but found the sleeves too baggy and long, so reverted to the XS in the long sleeve versions.
    The quality of the fabric to me is right up there with the best, and perfect for when you want a little more warmth, but not a full on roubaix style jersey - plus you can add to it with a suitable base layer.

For me it is easily hovering around the triple digit gbp value for money amount, so to nab them for less than £50 I think it was, is a stonking deal.
    mrb123 said:

mrb123 said:

Just as a follow up to this, the DHB baselayer is very good. Definitely a better fit than the Craft one. No point in spending more really, the DHB does the job perfectly.
    https://www.wiggle.com/p/dhb-lightweight-mesh-sleeveless-base-layer?color=white
    Agreed on the dhb mesh base layers, great fit and vfm - I'd also say that for me, Ale, Castelli and GripGrab are equally as good, though normally more expensive unless like me, you nab them on sale o:)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited July 2023
    Berk Lipa saddle for my 2021 Scott Addict - already had a Lupina which I get on with, but the Lipa looks more inline with the Ariones and Syncros RR1.0 carbon saddles.
    Went for black with a fluro yellow saddle bridge, and going direct to Mr Berk works out cheaper than going through a retailer in my experience - very good with replies and requests.
    Unlike the Lupina it will have a smidge of padding.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    Oh and less interestingly, as Lidl don't seem to make their whizzy little stands anymore, 2 of these for only £14.99 each:

Reviews say they will be far too wide for road bike tyres, but thinking to wrap some pipe lagging around them.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited July 2023
    daniel_b said:

Oh and less interestingly, as Lidl don't seem to make their whizzy little stands anymore, 2 of these for only £14.99 each:

Reviews say they will be far too wide for road bike tyres, but thinking to wrap some pipe lagging around them.

These have arrived already - they come in two parts, and the top U slots down onto the bottom part, and it has those pushy in button things on springs, so would be easy enough to disassemble should you want to.

They are mega wide though, to cater for every type of bike I guess.

I slid some uncut pipe lagging on to each side, and that is perfect for my daughters frog bike, and my gravel bike which has 40mm tyres.

For a bike with 25/28mm tyres, one more layer of pipe lagging on one side does the job, and in all configs it is the tyre that rests on the pipe lagging.
    The bike will still be secured to the front seat, and also secured half way down by a tie down on the side of the van.

Yet to try it in the van yet, but am optimistic this will prove a good addition to make travel with fully assembled bikes easier, more secure and safer.

Right, I digress.

Just ordered some of these RRP valveguards, as my new bike has an annoying rattle so am trying to rule out what it could be:

Have silca speed shields on my aero bike, and would have liked a pair for this bike, but you can only buy them with tubes, and they are now nearly £40 each, so won't be going that route :-(

Also ordered a pair of these Muc Off Rim stix levers which look remarkably similar to the Pedros levers which are currently my favourite and most capable tyre levers.

And a pair of these Exustar E-PR100PP white pedals which seem to get great reviews, High on bikes had them for ~£27.55, and it seems they only weigh around 250g the pair - these are for my daughters bikes once she progresses past the spds.
    *Ultegra R8000 appear to be the same weight, and although on offer frequently, have an RRP of £160!

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,478
    me-109 said:

Pedals. Time Xpresso 7s, and a few cleats for various shoes. Have used Time for a few years and then moved recently to Look, but the nose of the grip cleats seem to grip the pedal body instead of sliding in, making traffic starts a bit of a faff.

I've always thought that when I wear out my Carbon Keo's, I would make the swap to Time for that wider platform.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!