Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    daniel_b said:

Been looking for a semi decent deal on the Assioma duo pedals for a fair while now, and finally Sigma has the Duos down from 720 to 575, and going through TCB gives 4.2% cashback, which should bring it down to a smidge over £550, and given the weight of these things, and the reviews they get, I consider to be a very fair price.

I have a set they’ve been faultless mind you clipping in/out is a little harder
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I recently bought an electric bike for my work, my company in the position of about eight miles from my home, I can ride it quickly through on the road, and bring me a lot of convenience, not only that, it looks very cool, I am very fond of ~

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,446

I recently bought an electric bike for my work, my company in the position of about eight miles from my home, I can ride it quickly through on the road, and bring me a lot of convenience, not only that, it looks very cool, I am very fond of ~

Enjoy 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,606
    itboffin said:

daniel_b said:

Been looking for a semi decent deal on the Assioma duo pedals for a fair while now, and finally Sigma has the Duos down from 720 to 575, and going through TCB gives 4.2% cashback, which should bring it down to a smidge over £550, and given the weight of these things, and the reviews they get, I consider to be a very fair price.

That's interesting @itboffin
    Harder as in the tension is higher, or just more difficult to actually get clipped in?
    I presume the tension is adjusted via the little toggle on the pedal, and have you tried different cleats at all, used the ones provided, or stuck with the standard Look Keo cleats?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Castlli Competizione from Merlin sale have just arrived: for £60 or whatever they were very nice indeed, for £120 or whtever the norml price is: errr, not so much thankyou.

if you're getting some size up - MF had to go fom L to XL
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,155
    daniel_b said:

itboffin said:

daniel_b said:

That's interesting @itboffin
    Harder as in the tension is higher, or just more difficult to actually get clipped in?
    I presume the tension is adjusted via the little toggle on the pedal, and have you tried different cleats at all, used the ones provided, or stuck with the standard Look Keo cleats?
    I have a set of Assioma's and I've had the same clipping in issue. Not a tension issue, they just don't engage or disengage as easily as my SPD SLs. Tried with Look cleats, with the stock cleats, filed a bit away from the cleats etc. You get used to it but then I ride one of my other bikes and realise how much better the clipping in process is.

Great as a power meter mind - absolutely streets ahead of my 4iii, for me anyway. Found out I have a small imbalance in favour of my right leg, which meant my 4iii underread. And also that my power balance jumps all over the shop, especially when I get tired, which then means your power reading jumps all over the shop.

Much of this is just single sided PM Vs dual, but Assioma's just work and give totally consistent and reliable data.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,436

I recently bought an electric bike for my work, my company in the position of about eight miles from my home, I can ride it quickly through on the road, and bring me a lot of convenience, not only that, it looks very cool, I am very fond of ~

It looks like it weighs 3 tons.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,864
    pinno said:

It looks like it weighs 3 tons.
    Look at the bike and the poster's name.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • daniel_b
    edited September 2022
    Black sheep jersey, £152 down to around £56 after 15% code plus TCB, from Sigma.

I'm hoping the beard is not included :|

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • seanoconn
    edited September 2022
    Castelli endurance bibs. Progetto pad, L & XL as advised 👍 probably best to buy Summer kit now and winter kit end of spring.
  • seanoconn
    Leyzne macro drive 1300 front light.
  • pinno
    seanoconn said:

Castelli endurance bibs. Progetto pad, L & XL as advised 👍 probably best to buy Summer kit now and winter kit end of spring.

You've only just figured that out?
  • pinno
    I think sellers have got wise to people waiting to buy stuff in the sales and going out of season. You'll notice how quick stuff goes in the sales and are quickly out of your size.
    Plus, manufacturers are constantly evolving garments to suck you in to the 'latest fabric technology' and so last year is so last year.
    The fact is, my 'old' Giordana is still a very comfortable jersey and is still going and still looks good and it's... erm, over 20 years old. We were happy with the stuff we wore then and never really questioned it.

The things that have really evolved are comfort, pads and breathability of garments but you pay a price for it.
    I had a Ballan long sleeve jersey (who didn't?) which had windstopper fabric. It was ancient but still worked well.
  • PMark
    PMark Posts: 159
    GoPro 11 black with accessories bundle, £399. Looking forward to taking it on my MTB on some local trails and seeing how good the new image stabilisation is.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    can you post current vs new when you do so we can see the difference please.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • daniel_b
    Stolen Goat have a pretty good sale on at the mo, and I got 10% for signing up.

These were an extravagance @ £18:

These were £25 down to £9:

This was £75 down to £27:

And this for my daughter, £85 down to £30:

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited October 2022
    daniel_b said:

Castelli speedsuit thingy - Keller Sports (Highly recommended, and no extra charges for shipping to the UK) had a great deal on, an extra discount, and I'm a member currently.

Thinking I can use it when I finally get my TT bike built, and also on the aero bike.

You may recall I ordered this Speedsuit thing last month from the excellent Keller Sports and generally always having bought small or XS in Castelli tops, and small for the bottom half, I confidently plumped for small.

It was VERY small, I could ease the shorts on, but the top half was not going to happen without a load of thread exiting stage left.

I sent it back, and at the time was pretty sure the medium would be too large.

However Keller then had a 15% off code, and as it's free delivery and free returns, I thought I would chance my arm.

I tried it on today, and yes you need to be a bit of a contortionist to get into it, but the headlines are that the shorts fit fine, not as tight as the small were, but on a par with normal small sized castelli shorts - I levered myself into the top carefully, and had to breathe in to zip that bad boy up, but it did do up without too much bother.

Standing up it feels like it is trying to drag you down a touch, but in the riding position it felt perfect - bear in mind I have a shorter torso than average.

At £300 I would say it is somewhat pricey, but at the £137 I paid, all things considered, it is not bad value, given it is effectively two articles of cycle clothing.

I suspect most people on here will at least need to size up by one to have a chance of fitting into one.

*To add, I thought I may need help getting out of it, but somehow managed to do so without pulling any threads or muscles.

#winning.

EDIT* Merlin have this for half price but only in Large and XXL.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 613
    ^ if I ever have a need to return my testicles to whence they came I'll give this a go. Otherwise, not for me thanks...
  • seanoconn
    Castelli endurance bibs arrived size large. I have slim legs and barely got them over my thighs. I can take some pics if anyone wants a look?…….anybody?

Hoping the XL fit.
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    seanoconn said:

Castelli endurance bibs arrived size large. I have slim legs and barely got them over my thighs. I can take some pics if anyone wants a look?…….anybody?

Hoping the XL fit.

That's annoying! I'm 1m 76cm, 71 kg, 83 cm waist, 82 cm inseam, and Castelli M tops and L bibs fit nicely. OK, the sorpasso L's are a tad too "racy". And I always thought my thighs are too thick for my weight (as in bad thick, not as in Chris Hoy thick).
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    seanoconn said:

Hoping the XL fit.

Them’s the ruleZ pics or it didn’t happen 😋
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • pinno
    daniel_b said:

This was £75 down to £27:

I'm not surprised.

• daniel_b
    Stolen Goat order placed yesterday at 13:00 with free delivery.
    Delivered today at 12:30 - crazy.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    Liked the purple Endura Pro SL jersey so much, couldn't help order a black version from Sigma for £57 after cashback.

Really high quality and cut - they have come on a long way in the last few years.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pinno
    How much cycle clobber have you got Daniel?!
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 613
    I'm starting to think he must rent a commercial lock-up somewhere to accommodate it all.

How do you decide which jersey to wear when you have hundreds of the buggers?
  • seanoconn
    Munsford0 said:

I'm starting to think he must rent a commercial lock-up somewhere to accommodate it all.

How do you decide which jersey to wear when you have hundreds of the buggers?

You don’t wear the same one twice 👍
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,623
    I just wish I wasn't three sizes bigger than Dan B otherwise I'd quite happily provide a home for all his cast offs.
  • daniel_b
    edited October 2022
    :D

I do have a fair few garments, but I also sell a reasonable amount on, although having said that, I do need to go through them, and find some items to move on, probably for sale in the spring now.

I also split them up, so I have a batch I use for commuting, and turbo training, and then a few more casual items for family rides etc, and then the bulk (Which of course is least used!) is the weekend riding kit.

After the above purchases though, that should be it clothing wise for a good few months, I may even try and make it 6 months.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pinno
    daniel_b said:

After the above purchases though, that should be it clothing wise for a good few months, I may even try and make it 6 months.

Nah, no chance.