Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Comments

• magoo289
    magoo289 Posts: 223
    daniel_b said:

magoo289 said:

New cadence sensor from Halfords.

This one?

If so, they are really good, and excellent vfm - bought one after seeing a recommendation off here, bagged it for about £14 - bluetooth and Ant+, AND reliable!
    Yes that’s the one. The Garmin sensor was twice as much.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    daniel_b said:

itboffin said:

I don’t want to be a buzz kill but I had an import with the usual wad of customs paperwork and no up front bill, sadly a month later the bill came and it was way more than 20% of the items value

Fair do's - it was only just over a £40 order, so I guess we'll see, it was impossible to source from virtually anywhere, and certainly nowhere in the uk, so even if another £20 is added, so be it.

Back on topic, be keen to hear what you make of those power pedals, for ease of fit, reliability and accuracy etc - are they Look Keo cleats?

I may have ordered a couple of jerseys, for a change I went for black and yellow, and I love Scott, and I also am a sucker for both a fade AND an unsymetrical (non-symetrical?) design.

The LS one I ordered straight from Scott (Westbrook did not have my size), have ordered from them recently and no import charges were added.
    Hoping it will be a springweight jersey.

The SS one was not in stock anywhere UK, but found a seller called Bergzeit who promise they sort all the customs charges out, and they also offer free returns to a UK address. Good price, plus they had a 10% discount code and free shipping over £50.

They are also made from 50% recycled materials.

They arrived yesterday and from the two very short rides i've done are an excellent bit of kit, so simple to fit and setup just like a normal set of pedals no faff at all, i'm really glad i didnt pay yet more money to Garmin, now i have dual sided power data i can see what i suspected that i use my left leg a tiny bit more than the right, i'm going to work on that.

£520 from CRC btw and yes look compatible
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,583

Pair of DiMarchi bib shorts 60% off in sale from Wiggle, seem very comfortable and actually made in Italy.

@vincesummerskRoxcBTr - could you please let me know what other brands you use that the sizing is similar to please?

I'm going take a guess at Castelli, but would appreciate your opinion.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited June 2021
    Fairly boring, SRAM 10 spd 12-32 cassette from PBK, though only now just spotted the fact it is 'Usually despatched within 2 weeks' bit :(

£48 - cheapest anywhere else is at least £15 more.

To replace the 105 5700 11-25 on my partners Contessa CR1, that is making hills difficult for her.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited June 2021
    Here's an interesting price difference situation for you.

Just looking to see what the ratio was on an R8000 cassette I bought, and it turns out to be back in August 2019, and it was an 11-30.
    Cost from Halfords was £48, but back then I was able to collect in store and use my 10% BC discount, and then also use a charge up card to lop another 10% when I paid - made it around £39.

Trying to find the same cassette less than two years later, and Merlin seem to be the cheapest at £90!

R7000 is looking far more enticing.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    daniel_b said:

Just looking to see what the ratio was on an R8000 cassette I bought, and it turns out to be back in August 2019, and it was an 11-30.
    Cost from Halfords was £48, but back then I was able to collect in store and use my 10% BC discount, and then also use a charge up card to lop another 10% when I paid - made it around £39.

Trying to find the same cassette less than two years later, and Merlin seem to be the cheapest at £90!

I know its crazy
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Its the same for whole bikes.

bikes that were RRP for around £3k a few years back are now £5k for the equivalent model.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • daniel_b said:

Pair of DiMarchi bib shorts 60% off in sale from Wiggle, seem very comfortable and actually made in Italy.

@vincesummerskRoxcBTr - could you please let me know what other brands you use that the sizing is similar to please?

I needed an XL in the DiMarchi ones , whereas my other 'good' bib shorts are a pair of Le Col ones which are L and fit the same as the XL DiMarchi ones.
    Haven't tried Castelli as havent seen them under £60 in sale unlike the ones I bought!
  • itboffin
    Buying normal non cycling clothes using you cycling sizing is a very bad idea
  • daniel_b
    edited June 2021

daniel_b said:

I needed an XL in the DiMarchi ones , whereas my other 'good' bib shorts are a pair of Le Col ones which are L and fit the same as the XL DiMarchi ones.
    Haven't tried Castelli as havent seen them under £60 in sale unlike the ones I bought!
    Thanks Vince, Le Col is one I have never tried, though my perception, and what you have said above, would lead me to think that being uk based they would be a bit more roomy.
    I trawled through reviews and found one for the DM ones that said it was the same as Castelli so have gone for a small pair, need to collect them today.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Both the DM and Le Col ones are very comfortable and seem equally well made , I think the Le Col ones were made in Italy as well.
  • daniel_b
    itboffin said:

daniel_b said:

I know its crazy
    I got 'lucky' with the Wiggle outlet ebay store, as they had an 8000 11-32 on sale, just a damaged box, so managed to land it for £68 - still a bit rich for my liking, but not that much more than I could get a new 105 version for, so happy to take the hit to keep the whole bike Ultegra.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Jesus. I bawk at £40 for an ultegra cassette!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    daniel_b said:

whats the actual real difference between 8000 and 7000?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    All this £90 and £70 ultegra makes my recent £50 Dura Ace purchase seem quite thrifty.....
  • itboffin
    The 8000 is a bit lighter and works on 10 speed hub bodies
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,616
    MattFalle said:

All this £90 and £70 ultegra makes my recent £50 Dura Ace purchase seem quite thrifty.....

Don't the DA ones creak??
  • MattFalle
    mrb123 said:

MattFalle said:

no which is why the pros use them.

in fact as has been discussed on other threads, they take away ultehea's creaks and squeaks.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

mrb123 said:

MattFalle said:

in fact as has been discussed on other threads, they take away ultehea's creaks and squeaks.
    MF can't even bear to type ultegra anymore, he hates it so much.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

mrb123 said:

MattFalle said:

MF can't even bear to type ultegra anymore, he hates it so much.
    😂😂😂😂
  • daniel_b
    edited June 2021
    Scott jerseys are both lovely quality and fit and are keepers.

Finally got around to trying those £145 down to £58 di marchi bib shorts.

Initial impressions were not favourable.
    It has that shiny material, last time I saw that was on the Rivelo shorts from sports pursuit that were returned.

Leg grippers were good, but that was about it.
    Pad is not what I would expect, it felt mediocre to me. Granted it might ride better, but I've ridden in enough shorts by now to have a decent idea by feel alone.

Leg length also pretty short, I prefer longer.
    Straps were really tight, and having a short torso it's usually the other way round for me.

Being returned later this week.

In my opinion they feel like £45 shorts.

I'm having a chat with pedal mafia at the moment about getting one of their jerseys, bargainous they are not though.
    *Balls, I've just seen they make really nice gilets too.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited July 2021
    To celebrate Cavendish's 2 wins, and make up for the fact oakley ballsed up my custom ones.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited July 2021
    Giro have 30% off everything with CLOTHING30 - LOVE their mitts, so bought a couple of back up pairs of my faves of theirs, the Monaco 2 and the Strade Dure Supergel.
    11.1% cashback through tcb as well - almost works out as the cheaper pair free.

https://giro.co.uk/products/detail/GI19MCO/monaco-2-gel-road-cycling-mitt/?ng=343

https://giro.co.uk/products/detail/GI19SDU/strade-dure-supergel-road-cycling-mitt/?ng=343

*Other less nice colours are available........

**May have added in a black pair of the top ones too.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited July 2021
    Couple of pairs of the best socks in existence - Gripgrab Lightweight SL.
    If you have tried them, you will know exactly what I mean.
    Feel luxurious, just the right weight, material not too thin, not too thick - comfy for the entire ride, washes well.
    Have a few pairs in yellow, but wanted to mix things up a bit, so ordered a couple of pairs in black, for a change, to pair up with my black mitts ordered above, and jersey at the end.

https://lordgunbicycles.co.uk/gripgrab-lightweight-sl-socks-3

Wiggle used to offer an increasing discount the more you ordered, but no more it seems.
    So cheaper (As long as I get away with import charges/admin fees like I did with my May order) to order from Lordgun.

Also ordered this cap which was over £10 cheaper than anywhere in the uk - waterproof and breathable apparently.
    Wiggle had it on sale in size 0, but that is for small children only I can now confirm!
    Or real pea heads - I'm a partial pea head.

Ebay bnwt purchase, rrp £150, bagged it for £50, and it's every bit as nice as the other Isadore jerseys I have. Their quality is really right up there with the best imho.

Arms not as 'meshy' as it appears in the pic, which is good :-)

Oh and this from La Passione - didn't like it enough at full price, but reduced quite a bit in their sale:

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    edited July 2021
    daniel_b said:

To celebrate Cavendish's 2 wins, and make up for the fact oakley ballsed up my custom ones.

I was disappointed when these arrived to find out the colouring at the bottom was gold and not yellow :s (I appreciate in the picture above it is pretty obvious, but the one from the website i bought from was not so clear, TDF themed items I have always associated with the colour yellow.....)
    The sites pictures made it look more yellow, so they are being returned.

Have instead settled on these green/purple flip ones with yellow icons, just over £90 delivered:

Marginal gamble, as some pictures I have seen the entire frame and arms look purple, but I'll be interested to see what they are like in the plastic.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    Idily looking around for some mostly black shoes, and stumbled on Suplest who I had never heard of before, so have taken a punt on these at 25% off from the ever reliable Sigma.

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    Exciting - two 8 spd chains!

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180

Santini brisk gel mitts. £16. Less 10%. With code.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,845
    daniel_b said:

I hope they were unripe banana colour. ;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • daniel_b
    edited July 2021

daniel_b said:

I hope they were unripe banana colour. ;)
    I have black and yellow KMC chains for the Scotts :D

This however, was for the Kona Minute - though in hindsight I should have bought 3, thus enabling me to change the chain twice in total - it's a longer wheelbase midi cargo bike and a standard chain isn't long enough.
    £11 a pop for shimano, seems to he pretty much the cheapest you can get out there presently.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18