Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,579
    Whoops :o

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Can you spot daniel b?

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Munsford0
    Munsford0 Posts: 606
    That’s a rather yellowish shade of green 😀
  • daniel_b
    Munsford0 said:

That’s a rather yellowish shade of green 😀

The green one isn't due until May :#
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • seanoconn
    Castelli emergency rain jacket, fluo yello. No you can’t have it daniel, wanted red but yellow was cheaper. Large but I have a feeling in will be too snug over my winter jacket and might go back.

Castelli nano flex leg warmers (eBay)

Funkier arm warmers. Thanks MF

dhb merino base layer.

Lake mtb shoes for the commute.
  • seanoconn
    Castelli’s going back, I look like a yellow sausage 😕
  • seanoconn
    Endura FS260 pro bib shorts.

Endura FS260 pro adrenaline race cape, high vis blue.

Rapha brevet gilet, high vis pink. 😃
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    seanoconn said:

POIDH
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,495
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

POIDH
    :#
  • daniel_b
    edited October 2021
    Bit of a PBK spree :#
    2 x 28mm GP5000s
    Ultegra and 105 4iiiiii cranks
    Look pedals
    Couple of XTR rotors (Tredz using their £5 off code thingy twice)
    1 set of spokesman 30mm wheels
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Mavic Cosmic wheelset which are meant to be UST but the front is leaking in multiple places
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin said:

Mavic Cosmic wheelset which are meant to be UST but the front is leaking in multiple places

Welcome to the wonderful world of tubeless!

Where is it leaking from and which tyres?
  • itboffin
    denis992 said:

itboffin said:

I jumped in to tubeless with both feet this year, 8 sets of wheels all tubeless now all with Hutchinson fusion 25 and 28s

Soapy water on the leaking wheel and it popped when i pumped it up bubbles everywhere so i will see if that's sealed the bead or if i'll need sealant to fill the gaps as i did on my prime wheelset.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin said:

denis992 said:

itboffin said:

I jumped in to tubeless with both feet this year, 8 sets of wheels all tubeless now all with Hutchinson fusion 25 and 28s

Soapy water on the leaking wheel and it popped when i pumped it up bubbles everywhere so i will see if that's sealed the bead or if i'll need sealant to fill the gaps as i did on my prime wheelset.
    Some tyres don't seal by themselves, especially if they were folded up and got creased or small cuts as a result. You'll need sealant in this case.

So far the ONLY ones I've had that haven't done this are GP5000TL's...although they were on DT Swiss as they were impossible to fit to Mavics. Mavic yksion pro ust's were a close second...just a shame they puncture every couple of rides.
  • itboffin
    denis992 said:

itboffin said:

denis992 said:

itboffin said:

Some tyres don't seal by themselves, especially if they were folded up and got creased or small cuts as a result. You'll need sealant in this case.

So far the ONLY ones I've had that haven't done this are GP5000TL's...although they were on DT Swiss as they were impossible to fit to Mavics. Mavic yksion pro ust's were a close second...just a shame they puncture every couple of rides.
    I’m pretty sure Hutchinson make those mavic tyres
  • itboffin said:

denis992 said:

itboffin said:

denis992 said:

itboffin said:

I’m pretty sure Hutchinson make those mavic tyres
    Yep...when I contacted them they recommended more "resilient" for the typical UK B roads I tend to cycle on.
  • itboffin
    Soapy water did the trick tyres & wheel holding pressure
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,845
    edited November 2021
    I patiently watched the best price for an Abus Gamechanger helmet in large drop on Amazon over a few weeks, from ~£100 for the "neon yellow" to nabbing a "Bordeaux red" for ~£76. Arriving anytime, still the most I've spent on a helmet that has fitted and not been sent back by some margin.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • emanresu
    emanresu Posts: 320
    Bunch of Jagwire pro cable kits.

Not exciting but they'll make a big difference to the bikes.
  • daniel_b
    edited November 2021

I patiently watched the best price for an Abus Gamechanger helmet in large drop on Amazon over a few weeks, from ~£100 for the "neon yellow" to nabbing a "Bordeaux red" for ~£76. Arriving anytime, still the most I've spent on a helmet that has fitted and not been sent back by some margin.

Be sure to let us know if it is please!!

Boring for me - 2 X Schwalbe Marathon Supremes, just over £33 each with the £5 code and going through TCB.

RRP £62 each, so £67 for a pair seems reasonable.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • seanoconn
    daniel_b said:

Boring for me - 2 X Schwalbe Marathon Supremes, just over £33 each with the £5 code and going through TCB.

RRP £62 each, so £67 for a pair seems reasonable.
    I have a marathon plus on the rear of my commuter, are these just a continuation of that line?
  • daniel_b
    edited November 2021
    I hadn't considered running a marathon plus on the rear :|

I'll see how it goes, but may switch in the future.

And yes, there is a huge fairly confusing array of Marathon designated tyres, though I did find this fairly useful guide thingy on Tredz that helped me compare.

https://tredz.co.uk/help-advice/guides-reviews/buyers-guides/component/wheels-tyres/schwalbe-tyres#sec4b

This is the supreme:

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • seanoconn
    Had no idea there was so many schwalbe marathons!

For the uninitiated, Supreme, better rolling, better grip on road, slightly less durable/puncture protection.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,845
    edited November 2021
    daniel_b said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HPWZFQM

Initial fit for my narrow oval head is great, it's a keeper.

Colour is a bit different to the photos, the red is very much like the front side section, like a glass of plonk. The pink streak starts just behind the mesh bits, increasing in size around the back.

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • daniel_b
    edited November 2021

daniel_b said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HPWZFQM

Initial fit for my narrow oval head is great, it's a keeper.

Colour is a bit different to the photos, the red is very much like the front side section, like a glass of plonk. The pink streak starts just behind the mesh bits, increasing in size around the back.

And I think the question has to be asked why you did not order the bright yellow one......................??

Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    Another kask helmet as a spare n+5
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613
    Some new bib tights in the Pactimo sale.

As usual they have some substantial discounts in the current sale, plus discount codes seems to be working on the sale prices so mucho bargainous.
  • seanoconn
    Rapha pink high vis gilet has its first outing today, surprisingly sexy 😃
  • daniel_b
    edited November 2021
    mrb123 said:

As usual they have some substantial discounts in the current sale, plus discount codes seems to be working on the sale prices so mucho bargainous.

Did ya'll happen to know any of those codes off the top of your head? :)

I can see a 10% out there, but back in the day there used to be referrers 40%ish ones iirc, although also, iirc, they didn't always work with sale items.

Not for myself, but have a couple of mates who have recently started out, and one of them is trying to battle out still in shorts and a ss summer jersey :D:o

Oh and which bibtights did you go for?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613
    daniel_b said:

mrb123 said:

Did ya'll happen to know any of those codes off the top of your head? :)

I can see a 10% out there, but back in the day there used to be referrers 40%ish ones iirc, although also, iirc, they didn't always work with sale items.

Not for myself, but have a couple of mates who have recently started out, and one of them is trying to battle out still in shorts and a ss summer jersey :D:o

Oh and which bibtights did you go for?
    Went for these tights...
    https://www.pactimo.co.uk/collections/mens-essential-road-bibs-tights-thermal/products/storm-thermal-cycling-bib-tight-mens

I previously ordered a pair of the Vertex ones which seemed like they'd be super warm but the fit wasn't quite right as is often the case when tights use more softshell type material which doesn't stretch as much as lycra.

I'll PM you about the code Dan.