The Colour Blue

Comments

• GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    I was going to run a "Guess what he is doing" picture of Sonic from his last avatar.

I know EXACTLY what he was doing in the pic, just because I pay attention!

Sonic - If you swap it back, I'll start the contest!

24102009036.jpgWhat do you reckon about this shot of my Crush?
  • easyg
    easyg Posts: 266
    The Colour Blue eh? like the colour of the Halo 3 logo.

Anyone on here play Halo 3 online on the xbox 360?? just curious
    "If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"
  • easyg, a long time ago, is all about COD4 at the minute, well, until Gears 2 comes out :D
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    thebluefox wrote:
    easyg, a long time ago, is all about COD4 at the minute, well, until Gears 2 comes out :D

Well there is Far Cry 2 :) I didn't rate the first GOW - only played it once though. Don't like Halo either lol.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Ahhh Far Cry 2 looks immense, and I would have bought it had I not been saving for a new GT, dammit!! COD5 is out soon too :S :(
  • GT Destroyer
    Yeah COD5 looks pretty impressive.

Im a big fan of H3 though, its so entertaining. Theres nothing more funny than sticking a guy with a plasma grenade and watching him run around to his demise, shouting!!!
  • Haha, GT, that is fun!

You've also reminded me, I better download the COD5 beta this afternoon!
  • hucking_fell
    hucking_fell Posts: 1,056
    My foot's blue.

And fat.

Dropped a large oxygen cylinder on it yesterday :cry:

Strangely, it doesn't hurt though :)
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • GT Destroyer
    Did you get a pic of it fell?

My bike fell on the top of my knee the other week, I've got quite a nice bruise there, its only small though!

So winter is here then this week - Its bloody freezing, I think I'll buy one of those buffs before I go out on Friday. There are some Northwave ones in my LBS which look quite nice.
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    like the font colour GT, well ive had a lovely first day back to school, art depart said i can take my v10 in to paint :D
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • hucking_fell
    GT Destroyer, I'll take a pic if I can find the camera. Thinking I may have lost it at Innerleithen. Only a cheap Tesco one so not too bothered.

First time wearing my Buff this morning. Had it over my mouth and ears. Only the regular/original one but it kept me warm. If I covered my nose then my specs steamed up though. Got the plain black one 'cos it doesn't clash with the rest of my stuff. Wife moaned a bit 'cos she was going to get me one for x-mas and she thinks black's boring.

My foot's blue with yellow highlights now.

And less fat.

KCR, I made a skateboard deck at woodwork then airbrushed it at art + design. Was well chuffed with it. It got put up on my bedroom wall and was never used.

EDIT:

Just been told that my camera is at my parents house. Unfortunately they are abroad for two weeks though.

This thread doesn't really have a point does it?

Or is that the point?
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • This thread doesn't really have a point does it?

Or is that the point?

I think thats the point ;)
  • hucking_fell
    thebluefox wrote:
    I think thats the point ;)
    SWEET !

The yellow's a bit hard to see, eh?!
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • GT Destroyer
    Yeah yellow is a bit of a swine.

I'm looking forward to getting buffed up.

Makes the posts more lively though doesn't it!
  • easyg
    easyg Posts: 266
    Halo 3 rules and I will be live again as of next Monday evening!! let the comedy commence. Its also funny when you are sniping and your mate, in my case GT Destroyer, is protecting you and bouncing about, only to walk in your way just as you pull the trigger obviously just as its aimed at his head - the next sound after the snap of the sniper is... 'BETRAYAL' - lovely, thank you very much for the 10 second respawn GT! Shi'at, its fecking funny.

Going to doctors now :cry: , see ya soon.

PS - GT call me re: sunday pal.
    "If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"
  • Haha, yeh, thank god forCOD4 and its no friendly fire!! Many kills have been stolen shooting through a team mate :P
  • GT Destroyer
    HA Yeah, but he was sat next to me at the time, and was cursing

"who the frig was that infront of me"

He always was a bit "trigger-happy" with the sniper! Good news about getting internet sorted, looking forward to Monday night on the H3!

we are on for Llandegla on Sunday mate - I shall ring you on Saturday.
    I might get a thread going for anyone else who wants to come?
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I'm all Wii'd up at the moment, just finished The Force Unleashed which is pretty good on the Wii (graphics aren't great but being able to use hand gestures to use the force powers is pretty cool). Working on Lego Batman at the moment, pretty funny (if you like Lego & Batman).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • You see we bought a Wii, we have one at work and play it quite a bit for incentive things so thats what made me buy one. We haven't used it in ages though, starting to look like a bit of a waste of money!

We are totally hooked an Singstar on the PS3 though - anyone else play this?
  • BlackSpur
    4 way multiplayer on Super Smash Brothers Brawl on Wii = TOTAL AWESOMENESS
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    thought about getting a Wii for christmas, but decided against it in the end. we seem to prefer handhelds in our house. I have a PSP, and my son has a DS. Some games just dont transfer onto handhelds though eg Star Wars Battlefront 2. Seems impossible to see whats going on.

We also have a PS2 which is generally used for Pro Ev and Lego star wars
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • BlackSpur
    Rich9 wrote:
    Some games just dont transfer onto handhelds though eg Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Agreed. Pursuit Force Extreme Justice is the best game I have ever played on PSP.
  • I've never been interested in the handhelds - I like my big TVs too much! 8)

I am finishing work in 1 hour and easyG said that he would be hooked up to x-box live tonight so for the first time in ages, I'll be playing on live with easyG and we RULE!!! We'll be slating Americans all night long, all night, all night long, all night!!! (sung)
  • BlackSpur
    I only use my PSP when there is no alternative. Other than that I play on the PC. Thinking about re-installing Need For Speed Underground for some nostalgic racing right now...

EDIT - Incidentally I played NFS Undercover on a hooge Sony Full HD TV at the EA Hub at MPH last week. That was a lot of fun, only lasted 5 mins though :(
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Anyone for Fable 2?
  • hucking_fell
    edited November 2008
    Lots of talk about game consoles and the like, so here's my question:

Santa will be getting my 7 and 9 year old boys a games console this year.

The Xbox is now broken so an Xbox360 seems like a good idea 'cos we can still play the old games.

Can't we?

I don't want them playing on-line but if it could play DVDs that might be useful.

Is the PS3 worth the extra money?

Apart from the novelty of jumping around the room like an idiot does the Wii do anything better than the other two I've mentioned.

Is there another games console Santa should consider?

I'm not up on all this sort of thing so any advice appreciated.

Thanks
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • The 360 will do great as a DVD player, as would the PS3.

I'm not sure about the compatibility question, I really should know if the old x-box games will play on the 360 but I honestly have no idea, someone will answer it soon enough!

Anyway back to the questions.

PS3
    I bought the PS3 for its DVD capability, if you have a full HD TV 8) you should definately think about it for that, the Blu Ray quality is unbelievable. Plus you 've got all the games that the PS3 has to offer. We mostly play singstar on the PS3, if you haven't heard about it, its basically a Karaoke, you get 2 microphones, you get a selection of songs (there have been 2 discs released so far) the music video plays in the background and you get points for tone, words, golden words etc.... We love it.

This will work as a DV player but not in HD. The games are excellent, but IMO its best for on-line play :shock: , now you mentioned you aren't too keen on having on-line so that might rule it out. There are some great games though you can still play. For you there'll be Gears of War, HALO3, etc (depending on if you want the kids seeing their character chainsaw a zimbie to death or not, they could play it too) Theres Forza Motorsport 2 which is a fantastic driving game. Football manager 2009 should be out soon, (if you like football and get this, get ready for some aggro off the wife as you'll ge instantly addicted to it) Call of Duty 5 is out soon, etc etc...

Wii
    We got a Wii because we have one at work, it inspired me to get it. Now for the kids this could be the best buy. Theres a whole host of games you can play, and that just on the Wii sports disc (baseball, boxing, tennis, bowling,golf) Theres a few Sonic titles to choose from, theres Mariokart, then theres the Wii fit, where you get fit but use the character to complete various challenges etc....

Each one has its own good bits - None of them really have a downside to them, they are all quality consoles. Its just up to you which one you go for. We have been a bit OTT and got all 3 and TBH the Wii doesn't get played a great deal, but then again we don't have kids.

I think this might be the longest post I have written on here - I hope I haven't bored you to tears, and its been useful. Let us know which one you go for and how you get on.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    The Wii is in a bit of a niche on it's own. I personally don't think the graphics are as good as other consoles or a good PC for example. The motion controlled bit works better for some games than others. For example Wii sports works well and so does The Force Unleashed (Star Wars Game) other games don't make a lot of use of this feature so effectively the Wii becomes just like any other console.

It does score as an adult party machine for the older peeps out there, get a couple of drunk adults (who don't 'play' video games) and you'll have a wail of time with the right titles.

The PS3 & 360 are for gamers, the Wii is maybe more family orientated and more for people who don't play games.

Oh Wii doesn't play DVDs as far as I know, haven't bothered trying TBH as wea lready have two DVD players under the telly already (don't ask).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • hucking_fell
    edited November 2008
    Thankyou both.

A friend just suggested that I google 'xbox 360 backwards compatability' but 'cos I'm at work just now the computer won't let me look at any games related websites.

I'll try from home later today.

I think the Wii would lead to injuries in the small bedroom that the boys share so the choice now is really the 360 or PS3.

Their TV is only a cheap portable one and mine isn't HD.

I liked playing Gran Turismo and GT2 on the playstation. Is there a newer version of this out?

Forza Motorsport 2 might be the game for me !
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    hell yeh, i got a 12 shift today :( start at 10 finish at 5 + another 4-5 hours stock check

I need a ride!! my v10 is still sat all pretty in my room with clothes hanging on it and most of the parts don't arrive until December :(
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)