The Colour Blue

GT Destroyer
GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
edited December 2008 in The Crudcatcher
I used to play Gran Turismo 3 loads and was part of a forum waaay back, www.gtplanet.net if I remember rightly.

anyway, whats the point,

the point is that they had a thread in their version of the sandbox, it was something like 80 pages long - It had to be deleted eventually 'cos it took up too much server space.

It was called
"The Colour Blue"

There was a guy on there called Famine - He was a bit like Sonic and Nick, in that he had an astonishing post count.

I just ordered a thin base Mushroom and Pepperoni pizza with donner meet and fries - My mouth is watering as we speak, read?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Ah, but all my posts are useful!

Mmm, pizza and burger. And beer. I really am turning into a fat sod.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    what was your 30,000 post sonic?
  • supersonic
    Dunno! Probably about food!
  • David Lund
    David Lund Posts: 602
    Its a shame that the post count number dosnt stick on each post so we could have looked back and see Nick's first posts from when he was one of the young and foolish mountain bikers learning the ways of the bike.. :)
  • David Lund
    David Lund Posts: 602
    Actualy forget the last post.... he was probably just born wise in the ways of cycling
  • supersonic
    Nick was never young. He was born looking like that! ;-)
  • GT Destroyer
    Well here is my tea from last night,

18082008166.jpg

absolutely lovely!!!!

meh - Im on a day off and up already.

Is blue a mixture of green and yellow?
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Is that a kebab pizza? Looks gooooooooooood.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Need to get a donner calazone (sp?) pizza folded and stuffed with donner meat :D
  • BlackSpur
    I do like a good keema naan, which I suppose is very similar.
  • Anonymous

Is blue a mixture of green and yellow?

Blue is one of the primary colours of light. Red, Green and Blue. If you mix Red and Green you get Yellow.

When using inks or paints or similar, you're actually mixing various absorbencies of light, so the primary colours become Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow.

so, for light,
    red+green = Yellow
    red+ blue = magenta
    green+blue = cyan
    red+green+blue = white.

So, when using yellow paint, for example, what it's actually doing, is absorbing the colour blue, and reflecting red and green light. and so on.

Anyway, what is this thread about? :?:
  • Anonymous
    seconded for what is this thread about,

i hated the popular beat combo, blue, do they still exist?
  • Anonymous
    What the hell is a popular beat combo, anyway?
  • Anonymous
    i think thats what the kids these day actually call a pop group, either way, blue were from tonksville (as are all boy groups)
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Top looking pizza. Haven't eaten anything quite that gratuitous for years.
  • easyg
    easyg Posts: 266
    Thats it GT, I'm ordering the same tonight. You just can not beat pizza from Casablanca. What a sight. :D

Anyway mate you wanted to know why I'm crippled at the mo and in excruiciating pain, and I figured this thread (which I don't think has a purpose as yet, apologies if I've missed it whilst being tonked of my nuts on these pain killers :mrgreen: ) was the way to inform you whilst 'm at work.

Well as you know Slim and me were in the pub on Sunday from lunch to watch the soccer. It was really good. Cold, fresh and fizzy pints of San Miguel were enjoyed throughout the afternoon, upto the point you came down with the trouble and strife. You dropped us off at the curry house later on and of course after a sumptous meal we went back to the watering hole, at this point after 10 pints or thereabouts.

We're sat in the pub and Slim decides he wants to arm wrestle me. Didn't want to but after a few pots of the amber nectar I gave in. So I beat him on my right hand and then with my left :lol: . Simple right. You'd think so. Shortly after, I began to feel a deep, thumping pain in my left pec :? , just between the heart and collar bone. Cos of the beer, I didn't really pay it a lot of attention :roll: . Crawled home and went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night, and have never felt pain like it. It took my breath away which on top of a hangover that was in its embryonic stages put me in place only dead people visit. It was bad man, and 800mg of Ibuprofen didn't really budge it (recommended dosage - 200mg).

Come monday at work, I could hardly speak it hurt that much. It hurts all across my left chest area, under my arm, round my shoulder blade on my back and is taking great pleasure at sending fizzy twinches of pain down my left arm and into my knuckles and a couple of fingers. Breath above a whisper - death pain :evil: . Twist in a certain (unknown) way - death pain :evil: . Stretch forward to take something of a colleague - death pain :evil: . If I gasp it damn near makes tears come out of my eyes. Jesus, I sneezed yesterday morning! ended up on my hands and knees, eyes closed praying it would be a quick death. Fortunately I was at home and not on the train on the way to work. Laughing is just, ironically, not funny. Paul and I are always laughing at work and you know when you can't help but have a little laugh... again, well you get the idea.

Went to the GP - rumptured all three parts of my pectoral with a side order of nerve damage all from arm wrestling Mr. Conker B0llocks! To55er. Next time i'll let him win I think. :(

Got some pain relief which is something I've bever heard of, which is a bit better. Unreal. Honestly, you couldn't write this sh1t at the moment!

Anyway, we'll see about Sunday but as they say in the Premiership - very doubtful.

Easy. G

PS - when you get a minute after reading war and peace above, tell us what this post is about mate.
    "If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"
  • easyg
    easyg Posts: 266
    edited August 2008
    duplicate
    "If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"
  • GT Destroyer
    I'm not really sure what this is about. I learn't about the colour blue and the light things from McGee, which is good I suppose.

I guess its to come here and blab about whatever takes your fancy.

And yes the picture in the first page is of a donner pizza, friggin' lovely. I am also a big fan of keema naans, I do prefer cheese ones though.

Also how suited am I - In the mag this month there were some more stickers, I've already got the Raceface one on one side of the top tube, so the one that came today shall be placed on the opposite side, then I'll be invincible surely?

I have also discovered a band called "The Kinks" I love it, I've had their album on repeat on the PC for ages.

In Leeds today there was all the festival goers, with sleeping bags, rucksacks and loads of BEER!!! I was a tad jealous.

oh yeah - and easyG certainly tells a good tale!!! should be with you tonight mate all being well

• BlackSpur
    I just got my new new bike! All coptot taper up and ready to go now - I am suprised how few creases/bubbles i got in it. I shall be taking ot out for a first ride when I visit my cousins down in Oxfordshire this weekend.
  • Anonymous
    BlackSpur wrote:
    I just got my new new bike! All coptot taper up and ready to go now - I am suprised how few creases/bubbles i got in it. I shall be taking ot out for a first ride when I visit my cousins down in Oxfordshire this weekend.

pics or it didnt happen, come on, you know the rules.
  • BlackSpur
    I posted pics of my old new bike a while back, but it was damaged and there was a massive faff sorting it out. I might get some pics tomorrow, if it doesn't rain...
  • BlackSpur
    Just realised - the Bionicon has gona and been replaced already! Why did you go for the Spesh? New or 2nd hand? And how is it (or have you not had the time for a ride yet?).
  • Anonymous
    well, i decided to sell the bionicon just as i fancied something new, shame really as it is/was such a nice bike.

i have always wanted an enduro, the honest truth is that i was going to buy the comp version last yr but went into abbey cycles instead and fell for the willow, glad i did, it was a fun bike to own and much more capable than me.

so when i saw the enduro come up on the classifieds i offered the guy a swap for the willow and we met up to look at each others bikes and decided we were happy with the swap.

the bike is in near perfect condition, only one chip on it and mechanically sound (i did have to change the rear pads though as the guy had the bike serviced and whoever did it put dabs of grease into each of the alen heads on the brake mounts, smart idea NOT!! as some of that grease found its way on to the pads, luckily i had a new set in my tool box left over from when i had the newer stumpy)

so, very happy with the swap, i converted the tyres to tubeless earlier as i had a spare stans kit lying about and the tyres are already tubeless ready. took about half hour.

havent been for a proper ride yet, just on the airfield next to where i live for a play with the settings. i am impressed so far and even i can tell the difference when i adjust the compression and rebound (i cant normally tell the difference with compression settings)

so all looks promising so far.
  • GT Destroyer
    I am just about to drink a can of stella. Its a new brand though. The can is grey and it is triple filtered, smooth lager.
    Been out with easyG and a bit worse for wear, but I can still concentrate on typing so I'm not that bad!

Just ordered a calzone - I used to work at the Pizza shop so they all know me. I just rang up and said " I'll have a calzone with all the meat, mushrooms and cheese!"
  • GT Destroyer
    Oh my god - that shit is nice. If anybody reading this likes lager, get yourself to Asda and buy some of this its in a grey can. It has the taste of Stella but not the bubbles or fizziness, definately recommended.

So are the Kinks - They are banging out now and I love it!! Good music, good beer and good food, plus the wife is coming home soon, she is great.
  • BlackSpur
    vq1rpv.jpg

312uvpe.jpg

fp1r1c.jpg

rcpzea.jpg

2vlab0y.jpg

Before you start, the grass is being cut right now!
  • BlackSpur
    I've just realised how massive those photos are - sorry!
  • Anonymous
    well, obviously i hate all hardtails :lol:

but i think those gts in silver look lovely, did you get the fork sorted (am i right in thinking it came and was scratched?)
  • Anonymous
    Donkeys, saviour of mankind, or just another foodstuff? :?:

Oh, and that GT? get some riding in, boy, you've still got "sissy studs" on your tyres!