The Colour Blue

Comments

• BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    well, obviously i hate all hardtails :lol:

but i think those gts in silver look lovely, did you get the fork sorted (am i right in thinking it came and was scratched?)

'Twas, and after A LOT of toing and froing (sp?) I got a new bike sent! Greyvilles (Suntour distributour) would do nothing about it, Hotwheels sent a replacement with a steerer which was too short, then offered a 39 quid (!) credit note and when I said I was not taking that they sent a new bike. Happy days!

yeehaamcgee, I only got it yesterday! Tried to bed in the pads this morning - 40 stops and the front has stopped rubbing but is still crap, the rear still rubs!
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i think donkeys are awesome, poor little buggers get a hard life though. i saw them getting driven way too hard out in africa but it is their culture, just work beasts.

on a slightly secret note, i would definately eat donkey, to be honest, if you can fry it, i'll eat it.

someting which i paid for dearly (very nearly with my life apparently!!) out in africa at a restaurant called carnivores.
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    BlackSpur wrote:
    well, obviously i hate all hardtails :lol:

but i think those gts in silver look lovely, did you get the fork sorted (am i right in thinking it came and was scratched?)

'Twas, and after A LOT of toing and froing (sp?) I got a new bike sent! Greyvilles (Suntour distributour) would do nothing about it, Hotwheels sent a replacement with a steerer which was too short, then offered a 39 quid (!) credit note and when I said I was not taking that they sent a new bike. Happy days!

yeehaamcgee, I only got it yesterday! Tried to bed in the pads this morning - 40 stops and the front has stopped rubbing but is still crap, the rear still rubs!

My discs still rub, and its been aaaages. Have you got it muddy today?
  • BlackSpur
    Nope but will do tomorrow. I'm being taken on a ride called the "Boneshaker" which sounds ominous, but it's only 20K and in Oxfordshire, so it can't be too bad!
  • GT Destroyer
    Boneshaker eh? Sounds interesting.

I'm in work till 6PM today - I am severely hung over, was very, very drunk last night. Looking forward to going home and to when I start to feel normal again.
    Its not good this drinking lark, I've got to make an effort to cut it out, it messes whole days up, and it means I don't go out on the bike. meh.
  • easyg
    easyg Posts: 266
    Morning guys.

GT - it was funny on Sunday night wasn't it? we'were a little merry! Well done lad for gettin up and going into work, you had had a few when you left us for the pizza place. Kristi said it was good to see you fella, asked me to send her love when I saw her last night for dinner with Caz, and 'Brucie' - how funny was it when you called him that ni the pub! lol

Calzone - now, here is a good invention. Went out for some scran on Friday and had a Calzone at the local italian. Wow, it was good. Pizza rules.

Got to dash, hope you all a good bank holiday - riding stories welcome!

Easy. G
    "If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"
  • GT Destroyer
    Here you go then. Out this morning, on the way back I went through some lights that were on red, they were only pissy little temporary lights, I was able to stay on my side of the road, going between the cones.

So this nobcheese in a 4X4 drives past the other way and goes,

"ere thems lights you know"

I said

"ere this is me not giving a shiny s-h-i-t you know" and hand gestures ensued!

dickmuncher.
  • easyg
    easyg Posts: 266
    On this more synical of notes led by our friend GT I want to have a rant about the friggin state of the summer weather.

Seriously, could it have been any worse to date? What I would give for a couple of weeks of british summer sun at the mo. - rediculous. Not surprising that half of the british population have or are considering leaving this bloody island for a warmer climate.

Anyone else fed up of grim, miserable british weather this summer?
    "If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"
  • GT Destroyer
    Yeah - ITS CRAP!

More chance of a dry day in bloody winter.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    It's not the weather so much that p1sses me off, it's the god damn aweful forecasting. The weather will be whatever it will be but if you're going to set yourself up as a forecaster at least get it right once in a while.

All setup to commute to work (3000 miles and twice the height of Everest or near enough), checked the forecast before bed last night, not great but at least it would be dry all day and more importantly on the way in (don't mind getting wet ont he way home). get up at 6:00 am this morning and it's bouncing of the windows. Checked the forecast and it's completely changed since the night before EVEN I CAN FORECAST WHAT THE WEATHER IS DOING RIGHT NOW :evil:

Anyway went back to bed for an hour and drove in. Heard a while ago that the forecast is right about 78% of the time, sounds pretty good until you realise that apparently if you guess the weather tomorrow will be the same as today you'll be right 75% of the time (I know that sounds like an urban myth but I heard it on Radio 4 so it must be true).

Going to try again tomorrow. Oh and another thing, my mum went to the doctors because she's feeling tired all the time (TATT syndrome, which is short for tired all the time if you ever see it on your medical notes) and he reckoned that the lack of sunshine has lead to people not producing enough vitamin D this year. Apparently people north of about Manchester don't get enough sunlight in a normal year (another Radio 4 insight or possibly an urban myth, can't remember) so I expect we'll all be cutting our wrists later this year.

Oh for some blue (Sky).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • stumpyjon
    Bugger

looks like I've killed another thread :oops:

• Anonymous
    i seem to do that pretty often too :?
  • GT Destroyer
    I started to read your post yesterday but didn't have enough time! I sort of got the gist of it. I'm about to purchase a white HALO freedom rim today, should I get 32 or 36 spokes, does it really matter or make a difference?
  • Anonymous
    I started to read your post yesterday but didn't have enough time! I sort of got the gist of it. I'm about to purchase a white HALO freedom rim today, should I get 32 or 36 spokes, does it really matter or make a difference?
    As long as it's got as many holes as your hub :lol:
  • GT Destroyer
    Ahhhh a small but important penny has dropped! I'll need to check this before ordering I think!

I'm off on holiday soon. To Egypt w00000000t.
  • stumpyjon
    Where abouts? I went to El Gouna last year, good diving in the Red Sea.

• GT Destroyer
    Its to Hurghada (sp?) Its North of the "usual" places. I can't wait to get in the sea and do some diving. Reckon it'll be better than Cuba?
  • BlackSpur
    stumpyjon wrote:
    Where abouts? I went to El Gouna last year, good diving in the Red Sea.

Seconded, I went to Sharm El Sheikh a few years ago. One of the few places left in the world where the coral isn't dead.
  • GT Destroyer
    I am well looking forward to the weather, the pool bar, the AI, and the diving, and not having to get out of bed at a patricular time each day.

AND DRINKING!!! did I forget to say that?
  • Anonymous
    what's the AI, GT?
  • mtb.boy
    mtb.boy Posts: 208
    That pizza looks awesome !!!

And a can of Guinness to wash it down - good lad.
    The first rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is.

The second rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is !!!!
  • GT Destroyer
    what's the AI, GT?

The all inclusive!! Been reading up in brochures and thats how they refer to it. Not the elites on HALO 3 AI !!
    mtb.boy wrote:
    That pizza looks awesome !!!

And a can of Guinness to wash it down - good lad.

Appreciated mtb boy :D Its good to see another member enjoying the fruits of take-away and Guinness!
  • stumpyjon
    GT

Hurghada is the main resort town with the airport, El Gouna is about 30 mins down the coast, some rich Eygptian bought loads of desert and created the El Gouna resort from the dunes, size of a small town now.

Diving's good but I learnt the year before in the Maldives which was a bit special, dive site 100 yds from the bungalow (hut) I was staying in, sharks, manta wrays more coral than you can shake a stick at, 30 deg plus seas.

Just watch out for the guys with video cameras (if you go on any trips you'll know what I mean :roll: ).

• stumpyjon
    Wa hey, thread resurrected :D

• Anonymous
    whats wrong with the guys with video cameras? im going to egypt next feb for a week and will also be enjoying the AI :lol:
  • GT Destroyer
    Good work teeth. I can't wait for the breakfasts, they are usually well nice.

On a side note I AM FAHOOOKING ANNOYED. Why, I'll tell you why, its the wife's brithday tomorrow and I bought a private reg for the car as a surprise for her, she drives the thing every day so its kind of more her car than it is mine, anyway, so I go to the DVLA place in Leeds, which takes about 1/2 hour drive, I pay £4 for parking only to find out that THEY ARE ON FRIGGIN STRIKE!!!!

So now I'll just have to give her the private reg papers as her present

but I got her some other stuff which she should be made up with - and we are off on holiday like so soon now, and I don't work again until the 15th September w0000000000000000000000000t
  • Anonymous
    huh? I just overheard something about that on the news, but I thought it was the one in Swansea that were on strike, because they were getting paid less than the others?
    hmm.
  • GT Destroyer
    Nah it was all of them apparently.

Nevermind. I'll get it sorted eventually.

Heres a question - Whats blue, warm, and has lots of fish in it?
  • Anonymous
    tropical fish tank?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    A smurf's under carraige?