The Colour Blue

Comments

• GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    Aaaargh - I feel ill this morning, mostly due to a bit of a drink yesterday, but I'm bunged up etc etc... meh.

and its work today, the bike is in for new grips, tyres and service, I think the pads will need replacing, and the gears skip but only on the smallest cog at the back? The guy said its probably worn, said the best bet is just not to use it rather than have th change the rear cassette and the chain, get a bit more wear out of them - He is right isn't he?

Out yesterday on it - tested out the new base layer, worked OK, was still wet and cold though, but the weather was horrible.

whats everyone else up to?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    sounds like the indexing needs adjusting to me and you really should be servicing your bike yourself my man.

not doing much myself, am off to the falklands next sunday and am getting called out on a task in a couple of days so im gonna spend some time with the wife. i feel like ive hardly been at home for the last couple of months!!
  • GT Destroyer
    From reading about what you've been up to you haven't!!

I would service it myself but am not great at technical stuff, like gearing and cables etc... And I'd probably muck it up so it'd have to go back to the shop anyway!
  • GT Destroyer
    So I was out in town yesterday afternoon with work on a "do".

Drunk again. Had to get the
    bus home as I'm staying at my Mum's at the moment.

The bus goes from Leeds to Huddersfield and my stop is about 1/2 hour into the journey, but you guessed it, I fell asleep, what an idiot.
    So I woke up and realised I'd missed the stop, stumbled down the stairs and demanded the bus driver let me off immediately! I was probably about 3 miles (?) away from home, and I walked the whole way back!!! Got my head down as you do when walking when you are drunk, I thought feck it, it won't take me that long!

What a fool!!!
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    and how long did it take you??
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • GT Destroyer
    well I can't really remember - all I know is that I got home before 1AM, 'cos I got a curry, and the bus I caught was at 10.30PM so anywhere in between there really.

aaah - I see you are from Hudds-ish, you'll know exactly where then, it was near Roberttown where the old go karting place used to be, you know it?

• GT Destroyer
    Does anyone deal in buying and selling shares here?
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    What happened to the orange text?

and the answer to your question is nope. Wish I did, got a pension statement on Friday and my pension fund is now worth approximately £ 2k less than what I've paid into it :shock: , and they charge me for managing the fund. Thinking of just setting fire to my cash, at least I won't have to pay for the privilege of letting someone else do it :evil:

Maybe I'll just invest it all in bikes.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • GT Destroyer
    A bit garish I thought. I don't think I'd be able to read it if I were on the booze, makes my eyes go funny!! So its back to indigo.

Reason for asking is that I'm just about to start a little share buying excercise and wondered if anyone else did shares.

I have some RBS ones, only 'cos I work there, and they went up by quite a bit yesterday, probably go donw though by more % today!
  • stumpyjon
    I'm off to Malta for 8 days, just thought I'd share, 25 degrees and sunny apparently.

:lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

• jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    Im off to Spain tomorrow for 9Days. Taking the bike so will be able to get out on the local trails :D
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    im at home clearing the garage tomorrow, see what goodies i have to ebay. Already got and E13 srs, easton ea70 mid rise, fsa maximus cranks 175mm with 44t, probably some other bits and bats, PM if your interested (wrong place i know but the sales section never gets anything back to you :lol: )
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • GT Destroyer
    Well you lucky sods Jack and Jon, hope you enjoy it!!

Cowan - good luck in your garage, watch out for spiders!!!!

I'm at work till 8PM tonight - Then I'm off on one of the loops on the rides section from here. Its a 20KM route round Marsden near hudds, I'm off on my own and I'm not the best navigator so we'll see if I get lost!!!

Me and easyG are doing the killer loop in last month's MBR, its the one around Edale taking in Jacobs Ladder and the like, really looking forward to that one!
  • Jimbob_no5
    suprislingly found no spiders :lol: found a top cap i sprayed white though :D could go on the v10, red rebound, white cap, blue preload, patriotic
    Pinkbike

2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Have fun on the Ladder! A mate of mine rode it a few weeks ago and reckons some bits are getting almost unrideable now!
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • GT Destroyer
    Yeah - They said that in the mag, said if you ride it all the way up you have some skills. I plan on giving it a good go!!!
  • Jimbob_no5
    Did you have a good ride GT?

Got to take my forks off today and change the spring as im not heavy enough :shock:
    Pinkbike

2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • GT Destroyer
    I'm off this morning Cowan - Got the map sorted and train times, got to just get off my arse and go now. Thinking I might nip into Halfrauds and buy a crud catcher, and something to hold the map in, either on the bars or round my neck. So I've to wait till they open at 9AM then get myself off and see what the loop has to offer!

At Lee Quarry we got absolutley covered - and I'm coming back on the train, wouldn't want to get mud all over now would I!

It should be funny, I am usuless at directions and following maps (ask easyG) so it will be a small miracle if I get round the loop without getting lost!!!

and on the spring in the forks - I think I'd be the other way round.
  • Jimbob_no5
    maps are easy reading, i love doing it in geography.

Well have a good ride today then :D hope you don't get lost
    Pinkbike

2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Jimbob_no5
    which do you think guys?

pbpic2618413.jpg

pbpic2618412.jpg
    Pinkbike

2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • First one......

Has this thread found a purpose yet? Couldn't be assed to read through 8 pages :D
  • cambo
    cambo Posts: 125
    Just read the 8 pages, the only thing I've sussed out is sonics joke about the blue and warm thing being him is no longer funny, now that he's changed his pic.

Does anyone else find it unerving, the change in sonic? I used to find him almost comforting, now he's a bloke I'm not so sure???

Bring back the blue thing Sonic (its probably got a name but dunno what it is...)
    Vile Pile was cool.

I used to play the computer game on the Spectrum.

Didn't realise that Berk's only back for 1 night though.

I'll have to change my sig back now :wink:

BRING BACK BERK !
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'll stick this right up its tube! Sniff that!
  • hucking_fell
    hucking_fell Posts: 1,056
    edited October 2008
    'Cos it's such a crappy day outside I've just watched about a dozen episodes of Trapdoor with my kids.

My 3 year old daughter's now 'bonking' stuff with a cushion while shouting 'Oh Globbit' !? :lol:

I've promised her more Trapdoor at bedtime if she calms down.

Seems to have worked for now.
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I think it is great that the humour is still as fresh today!

"his tooth makes a great plonker!"

Classic!
  • stumpyjon
    I will always think of you being round and blue sonic.
    I used to find him almost comforting, now he's a bloke I'm not so sure???
    I know what you mean
    Well I'm sat in Malta as I type this, it's 23 degs at 9:45 pm Malta time. I'm watching fireworks go off over the grand harbour in Valetta from the balcony of the house I'm staying in and I'm still posting in here :shock: .
    To be honest I'm a little bored but not missing the rain. Passed a parked van yesterday belonging to a bike shop in another town, may have to engineer a trip to go see the 'sights'.

• GT Destroyer
    Well I was out in the pissing rain today Jon. Up in the moors in the Peak district, middle of nowhere and absolutely piss wet through, I'd have rather been in the sunshine!!

Me and easyG were like a couple of drowned rats!

We had to get changed in the toilets of Edale, they were not pretty. Plus there was this other guy in there too, strange, the toilets were like a changing rooms!

I guess this thread is just for general chat and muckery.