Who are you?Where you from?Whats your ride?

Comments

• wel its meant to be lol
    G.H.Allum
  • dsc00065fc4.jpg
    By P_3
    G.H.Allum
  • Banned!
    Banned! Posts: 34
    BlackSpur wrote:
    I think some 160mm travel ish single crowns will be better suited to your bike JC.

the JrTs are only 170mm so not much difference and I prefer the stifness and geo I get from riding a tall triple clamp.
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Speed_King wrote:
    dsc00065fc4.jpg
    By P_3

Got enough posts?
  • KonaKurt
    KonaKurt Posts: 720
    edited February 2009
    Nice bikes here. Good to see plenty of hardtails!
  • hvp6oo.jpg

this is my rockhopper disc 08

my name jason anderson
    recent purchase and new to MTB, doing this to get back in shape, let myself go due a nasty car accident, fully recovered just mental scarring...

i`m from central scotland.

looking forward to hitting the trails...

i`ll keep to you all post
  • Soggz
    Soggz Posts: 221
    Misc040.jpg

Misc036.jpg

image.jpg

Talking of accidents, this is why i stopped mountain biking last April...im ok now.In the top pic, the hole in the middle of the stitching on my arm is where the bone was sticking out!!! .I actually tried to push it back in, then i passed out!...I awoke 3 days later and lost my short term memory temporarily!!!!!!!

Scarey Shit!I went riding in September though, not a balls out ride, just a gentle plod.
  • KonaKurt
    KonaKurt Posts: 720
    Rockhopper: Get well soon mate.
    Soggz: Jeeeez, that's a nasty one!! Though it might take time, I hope you get well soon ...

Let's see some more bikes, people!

KK.
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    EEK, thats no pretty Soggz....good to hear you are recovered though....just dont do it again eh!

Welcome Rockhopper, as you can see from my location your bang in the middle of my two abodes. Only today I was cycling from Dunf to Stir through Alloa. :D
  • Gwaredd
    Gwaredd Posts: 251
    Here's my trusty steed.

2000& something Claud Butler Stone River (the mongrel our our group) Not changed much except the front forks (Rock Shox Tora Rs 302) Promax Calipers (cable disc - oh noes!) & the wheels for some Ditch Witch jobbies & Shimano hubs. Cost me £100 a year & a half ago & has covered 2000 odd miles since. I love it & Can't find another bike yet that fits me so well. Keeps up with the Zaskars & Mongooses in our group OK, so can't be that bad! :wink:

P1000769.jpg
    P1000772.jpg
  • mellex
    mellex Posts: 214
    Soggz wrote:
    I actually tried to push it back in, then i passed out!...

My toes just went numb reading that :oops:

You've got some fine metal work in there. Hope your back to full speed soon.
  • p1000302rz3.th.jpg

Hey folks :D

My name is Ed and I am from Cardiff, Wales.

I got into MTBing 18months ago, until my first bike got nicked from my own home :evil:

Spent 6 months doing overtime to get a new one, and this was it on its 2nd outing! The first outing resulted in the chain blowing up sending nasty cheapy pedal into the back of my calf, didn't even make it out of the car park :oops:

Chain replaced, and new SPD shimanos sorted that, and had a few lovely long rides on it already this year.

<><><><> did saving up as much as possible for a new bike help me to become a better rider? <><><><>

Did it hell, I fall off just as much :lol:

@ Soggz - Props to you fella, hope it wasn't your drinking arm :shock:
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    Im Jim, originally from Yorkshire now live in Inverness, My ride a 2009 santa cruz v10 custom build

pbpic2834034.jpg
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Soggz
    Soggz Posts: 221
    mellex wrote:
    Soggz wrote:
    I actually tried to push it back in, then i passed out!...

My toes just went numb reading that :oops:

You've got some fine metal work in there. Hope your back to full speed soon.

:lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Here is me in my helmet.
    new-helmet-1.jpg

And this is my ride.. GT Agressor XCR 08
    a-muddy-day-on-the-trail.jpg

Both not a pretty site...;)

Oh aye, living in not so sunny Aberdeen - from GeordieLand though (gosforth if anyone cares..lol) so familiar with Jesmond dene and the other trails in Northumberland.

Kirkhill forest in Aberdeen is my local trail, doing Pitfichie and the Moray monster soon. Scotland has some fantastic trails.. you dont have to understand the language though, but it helps.... (joke or MacJoke if you will)

peace and waye aye man!

G
  • This me (in the stocking)

Tommointhatoe.jpg

www.myspace.com/cameltoechangedmylife

My ride (not been out with a camera much)

Image002.jpg
    Lamborghini Forza
    Ibanez RG 350 DX (guitar)

www.esperophotographic.com
  • Nice frid.............. you know, I'm not getting into this again...........
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • Reeco
    Reeco Posts: 86
    im the one on the right
    MeAndOli8.jpg

My Specialized hardrock
    070.jpg

My wethepeople reason
    mybikewithpegs.jpg
    "Old Enough To Know Better, Young Enough Not To Care"

Specialized Hardrock 09
    wethepeople Reason 08
  • Nice frid.............. you know, I'm not getting into this again...........

LOL :lol: Don't start again
    Lamborghini Forza

• Captain Turok
    Captain Turok Posts: 686
    edited May 2009
    I'm a thirtysomething and I currently live in Bromley, Kent. I've had a week off work with "man flu". Hence I've got a VERY clean bike, with a shiny new chain just fitted. Also it took me that long to figure out the witchcraft with posting photos! :lol:

This is my (current) precious.
    23icfog.jpg (Photo taken in the comunal hallway where I live, sorry no kitchen appliances!)

This is the biggest distraction to my cycling time. Excluding the distraction that brings me breakfast in bed on a sunday! :wink:
    2q883tv.jpg (Its the fisherman in me that makes me weigh them!?)
    *Rock Lobster Team Tig SL (22lb 14oz)
    *C. Late 1950's Fixed Gear
    *1940 Raleigh Dawn Tourist with rod brakes
  • Stoo61
    Nice Lobster, I do love those bikes, really wanted one for a long time. :D
  • Stoo61 wrote:
    Cheers, it took a bit of a leap of faith (primarily based on the 07 WMB review), as I didn't get to sit on it, before I bought it!.. Havnt regreted it tho, except.. not enquiring what it would've cost to go XTR, got a case of "wanabe weight weeniesism" developing!
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 wrote:
    Cheers, it took a bit of a leap of faith (primarily based on the 07 WMB review), as I didn't get to sit on it, before I bought it!.. Havnt regreted it tho, except.. not enquiring what it would've cost to go XTR, got a case of "wanabe weight weeniesism" developing!

Ha, I hear ya....find myself typing "Ritchey WCS Carbon" into ebay and google daily.
  • Stoo61 wrote:
    Stoo61 wrote:

Ha, I hear ya....find myself typing "Ritchey WCS Carbon" into ebay and google daily.
    :lol: Try Easton Monkey Lite SL, Its a disease!..
  • Stoo61 wrote:
    Nice Lobster
    Looks like a fish to me? :lol::wink:
    Lamborghini Forza

• andituk
    andituk Posts: 122
    3206024397_0e7b540abb.jpg

3206018699_c134eb3229.jpg

I'm Andi, and I'm from Manchester.

I'm 23, and I've just bought my gorgeous new 2009 Rockhopper Comp in an attempt to get fit and have a laugh trying a new hobby at the same time.

Starting out with some short rides locally to try and build up a bit of fitness before hopefully getting out and trying some simpler trails :)
  • Hi all,

I'm Dan, 26, live in Swindon but originally from Swansea.

Here's me and my steed, '09 Spesh FSRxc Comp. It's completely stock bar the Powerplay Detonator pedals (which are amazing I might add), though I'm thinking of a KS Cobra i900 seat post when I get my bonus through :)

liddingtonhill4up2.jpg
    w1600.png

'08 Kona Cowan, Sunrise Big Mammoth Fat rims, Marzocchi DJ fork, Avid BB5 brakes
  • Oli, 14, Marlow
    My bike when it was nice and shiny and new :P
    pbpic2827281.jpg
  • Im Jay, 24 from the midlands
    Me4511.jpg

and this is my Specialized Pitch Pro...

Pitch12.jpg

Barely anything has been left standard to be honest, except for the shock and forks :)
  • This is me

2932153502_87ea6735ed.jpg

This is my ride

3055975420_f959c68729.jpg