Silly commuting racing

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Benno68 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Lastly, you're a Lion dude a Male Lion they don't get told what to do, they just laze around looking awesome while the Lionesses go hunting and raising the kids. You're a LION. Now go growl at your wife and I'll see you Friday.

I'm wondering if Lit's has any thoughts on this way of thinking :D

I think in a wierd role (gender) reversal kinda way, LiT would mostly agree. She strikes me as too free spirited and strong willed to be told what to do. If she weren't so right winged I'd even have a potential guy she could consider walking all over... 8)

PimpDaddyD
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD

indeed that's all well and good but it still doesn't solve my potential problem of:

a) Don't want to appear to be some sort of alcoholic as I roll up to the pub early and drink alone
    b) My attire probably won't go down well with the regulars.......

Still if I can attend I guess I can hope for good weather so I can go for a strict "pootle" around town before heading to the Morpeth........

a) Drink a soft drink slowly, stop off at a localish bike shop, look around until its time to leave....

B). Sit outside, see above.

C). By chocolates and flowers in advance...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    DonDaddyD wrote:

indeed that's all well and good but it still doesn't solve my potential problem of:

a) Don't want to appear to be some sort of alcoholic as I roll up to the pub early and drink alone
    b) My attire probably won't go down well with the regulars.......

Still if I can attend I guess I can hope for good weather so I can go for a strict "pootle" around town before heading to the Morpeth........

a) Drink a soft drink slowly, stop off at a localish bike shop, look around until its time to leave....

B). Sit outside, see above.

C). By chocolates and flowers in advance...

a) Y? I might as well get a little ride in, after all I haven't ridden round Hyde Park yet........
    Or I could just patrol the Embankment :-)

B) Hell yes, especially if it's warm

C) That's a given, maybe the following day as I think producing flowers that had been scrunched into my bag might not give a good impression!!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    DonDaddyD wrote:

FFS! Bass, MTFU and repeat after me...

"Women! I'm riding my bike and I'll be back, not too late, don't bother with dinner I'll get something on the way"

Re-assert your manhood and independance in one swift sentence. She'll be thinking "oh what have i done wrong and by the time you get home she'll be all sorry and have a feast on the table waiting for you. Well that or you'll be in the dog house, briefly but what's the relative worst that could happen. No sex? The silent treatment Bah! Play with kids, X-box and ride your bike somemore, she'll miss you just as much as you will miss her. When you both realise that the balance of power will become equal and at least you got to ride your bike and go to the pub on Friday.

Lastly, you're a Lion dude a Male Lion they don't get told what to do, they just laze around looking awesome while the Lionesses go hunting and raising the kids. You're a LION. Now go growl at your wife and I'll see you Friday.

DUDE!

Did you fill that prescription for some balls I got you from my MTFU doctor since the 'Oh no! My girlfriend is making me wear hi-viz!' thread when you appeared to have had an elective MTFU-ectomy?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    itboffin wrote:
    Benno68 wrote:
    Guess I'll have to be uber nice to the wife to see if I can get a pass that allows me to leave the house at 7:15 and not return until it's dark...........

Of course there's always that last minute "problem" that has arisen in work just as you were leaving which'll take a couple of hours to sort out . :wink:

Don't forget the Extra Strong mints for the way home tho!

Tiz one of my fav tricks which can go badly wrong if you A - fall over face first on opening the front door. B - fail to open the front door and sleep on the step outside. C - open the door of the wrong house. D - declare your undying love of everyone and everything in the house on arrival.

I once went out on the bike for an "hour" with a cycling buddie, stopped at his for a beer, after the beer ran out he opened the whiskey...I fell down the stairs, broke my nose, and was driven home by his lady.

Those bloody cycling shoes were a bugger to walk in and the head injury suffered didn't half feel like I'd been on a session. There's a photo's of me in a crumpled mess on my door step still floating round somewhere :oops:

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    DonDaddyD wrote:

FFS! Bass, MTFU and repeat after me...

"Women! I'm riding my bike and I'll be back, not too late, don't bother with dinner I'll get something on the way"

Re-assert your manhood and independance in one swift sentence. She'll be thinking "oh what have i done wrong and by the time you get home she'll be all sorry and have a feast on the table waiting for you. Well that or you'll be in the dog house, briefly but what's the relative worst that could happen. No sex? The silent treatment Bah! Play with kids, X-box and ride your bike somemore, she'll miss you just as much as you will miss her. When you both realise that the balance of power will become equal and at least you got to ride your bike and go to the pub on Friday.

DUDE!

Did you fill that prescription for some balls I got you from my MTFU doctor since the 'Oh no! My girlfriend is making me wear hi-viz!' thread when you appeared to have had an elective MTFU-ectomy?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

:lol:

Busted :lol::lol:

@bass I'll be there early old bean what with being unemployed still until the 11th :lol:

Oh and yes I will be drinking and i'l be on my bike, the shame :oops:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited April 2009

DUDE!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Yeah I did, thanks. I got some big hairy brown ones you could swing at a cat! :wink:

I'd let you see them to you but the visual awesome might be too much for you.... :shock:

Bit like what I might be like when I see the Maxima.... :P
    Food Chain number = 4

• itboffin
    too much information DDD
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • benno68
    Sounds like there maybe a public castration happening at the Morpeth this Friday. Don't forget to bring them long with you DDD :D

Giant Defy 105 2009
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    itboffin wrote:
    Be afraid mortals London is NOT SAFE!!!! :twisted:

I'M BACK IN THE GAME

Tickets to my first performance on sale at the box office (Morpeth Arms) 11th May 2009

Does this mean you're going to stop irritating the hell out of the rest of us with yer Pimms o'clock and yer long bike rides in the country

Congrats mate 8)
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I have a lecture I could go to. But it's a lovely evening. What would you do?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • DonDaddyD
    itboffin wrote:
    too much information DDD

How can a description about what I'm going to be like when I see LiTs Maxima be TMI?
    Food Chain number = 4

• benno68
    cjcp wrote:

I bet you got lost on your way there, due to some road closure or other :lol:

Giant Defy 105 2009
  • itboffin
    I have roughly 2 weeks left of freedom, I hereby promised to make best use of that time by completing a metric century every other day for the first week followed one everyday the following week, weather permitting :D

and reporting in painful detail + pictures and eye witness reports just how much fun i've had doing said challenge :lol:

Isn't it a beautiful evening people, just the sort of evening to be getting stuck into your third bottle of bubbly :wink:
  • cjcp
    Benno68 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

I bet you got lost on your way there, due to some road closure or other :lol:

:)

Binned the lecture. Blue sky, warm, and fancied an extra lap of the Park on the way home. :D

Good SCR on Embankment again, but, again, the traffic was a PITA. (WTH is going on the volume of traffic lately anyway?) Counted seven roadies (me included) going into Parlt Square. I got to VB lights way ahead of the rest :D , but I was slow away from the lights and the traffic separated me from another three, who then proceeded to do a mini TT all the way along to Albert Bridge. Just about caught them by AB, but it was seriously hard work into that headwind (God, tell me there was a headwind), and the saliva was beginning to stream. (All concept of "not trying" flew out the window in DSC.)

Then got involved in a chain gang of sorts with some pleasant chaps from London Phoenix on my extra lap of the Park.

Time to tuck into some popcorn. :D
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Well glad to here another person might be there early doors.......ITB I think I still have ur no. in my phone from the ML so I'll try and buzz you if I'm coming when I leave work :-)

Fairly un-eventful ride home except for a a$$hat bus driver who tried to damn near kill me on Borough High Street, quite why he had to race past me to try and make it to the bus stop I don't know :evil: Refrained from giving him a ear bashing and instead chose a polite "fu(king w@nker!!" as I went past his barely open window..............I'm so eloquent :-D

Spent the rest of the journey chasing down RLJer's, it really is getting depressing...........I would divert along Embankment and extend my route home but finishing at 17:00 means, as I've found out when riding to Morpeth before, that it's still dead along there!

DId see a chinese guy on a rather nice fixie tho on the way down Gracechurch Street, plain white frame and handlebars about 12" wide with a single brake, it just oozed that perfect simplicity of a street munching machine!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • benno68
    A pleasant cycle in today, about two miles in saw a cyclist ahead, got a bit closer and noticed he was on a hybrid with panniers but wearing office clothes, :cry:

But, hello, he's wearing white Sidi road shoes, then showed some expert track standing skills, a wolf in sheeps clothing :lol: We both set off at lights waited for a gap before both turning right and BOSH, we both went for it, I managed to pull ahead of him and just, just caught the next set of lights on green/amber and, fair play to him, he stopped as they went red. I went past Cardiff Castle with a rather large smile on my face and then went around Roath Park Lake for good measure. Not a true scalping but it was fun.

Homeward bound at 7:20, no baggage (kindly taken by my lady), FCN4 attire. No SCR action but just felt like going for it. Pushed as hard as I could all the way home, caught 4 red lights, and gritted my teeth up Leckwith Hill to get home by 7:49.

7.82 miles - 19 minutes, no great shakes for most of you but I'm happy enough to get home within 30 minutes!

Sadly I've got to go in by car tomorrow - no option :cry:

Giant Defy 105 2009
  • is extending your commute to scalp someone considered bad form or perfectly acceptable?
    FCN 4

thereback.jpg
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    is extending your commute to scalp someone considered bad form or perfectly acceptable?

If you're locked in battle it's nigh on obligatory...

No SCR fun for me really, although I did go the wrong bl**dy way to Richmond and ended up on the A4 thinking 'aaaaaaaaagh there's a cycle lane on the pavement I should be theeeeeeeeeere'!

:lol::lol: @ myself.
  • cjcp
    is extending your commute to scalp someone considered bad form or perfectly acceptable?

Taking a detour to follow someone who'd casually overtaken you within 400 yards of leaving home and saying "good morning" because he lives near you, and then doubling-back at the top of a hill after saying "morning" is weird (as happened to me once), but not extending it.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp wrote:
    God, tell me there was a headwind

Since you called, yes there was a headwind. :wink:

Was first to VB lights so pulled away slowly to see what was behind me. Two SS and two roadies popped by before I was half way across the junction. SUCKERS! They lined up in a pursuit line in that order.

We enter the DSC, lights are green, so I whip past the lot.

And what do I see? The SS at the front is being ridden by a BURD!

FFS! Three so-called "men" taking a tow from a comely female?! Have these "men" got no self respect? No sense of decency?

Evidently not. No doubt they've spent the rest of the evening parading in women's clothes in front of their mirrors, and pushing their things back between their legs to make themselves look like burds.

What has the world come to? I ask you.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cjcp
    :lol::lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • is extending your commute to scalp someone considered bad form or perfectly acceptable?

If you're locked in battle it's nigh on obligatory...

great....chased & reeled in a hybrid up a hill then he turned left where i go straight but went his way as i wasnt wasting the effort i'd put in
    FCN 4

thereback.jpg
  • cjcp wrote:

Taking a detour to follow someone who'd casually overtaken you within 400 yards of leaving home and saying "good morning" because he lives near you, and then doubling-back at the top of a hill after saying "morning" is weird (as happened to me once), but not extending it.

thats not a detour thats stalking
    FCN 4

thereback.jpg
  • cjcp
    cjcp wrote:

thats not a detour thats stalking

:)

Yup; it was too weird for my liking. However, I won't be able to resist doing it again if I see him again. :D
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Fairly speedy ride in this morning according to the average on the cycle comp, despite the fact that it felt like a slow one!
    Managed to find the chap on the lovely old Pinarello that I'd seen 2 evenings ago on the way out as I was heading along to Crystal Palace, he must live fairly local to me judging by the places I see him! One of those riders that looked like he had saddle bags strapped to his legs so I guess in a way I've been lucky to keep my scalp intact when I do find him :shock:

Picked up what must have been a tailwind heading down College Road as the speed was coming effortlessly, just as I find a huge swarm of high-vis clad riders. Thankfully the cars play nicely and I can clear them in one move ,only for a ped to want to use the zebra crossing ahead resulting in a rapid application of the brakes to avoid hitting the lead one!

Picked up a guy who was clearly trying through Camberwell, proper up out of the saddle style sprinting, you could see the muscles in his calves working! I just clicked up a few gears and wound up some speed and cruised past seated.........he then proceeded to to RLJ at the next junction and turn off the main road!

It was along her I picked up the quick SS guy who remained with me down to Borough. Saw a couple of rather nice looking roadies fly through a set of lights and was a bit irratated that I couldn't seem to find them at the next few. Caught up with them on London Bridge only to realize that:

a) One was a burd
    b) Said burd was in a nice tight pair of shorts
    c) The other rider was obviously her bf, either that or she really knows how to say goodbye to her mail friends ;-)

They parted ways on the northside, with her heading my way but I'd already left her for dead from the off!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    itboffin wrote:
    Be afraid mortals London is NOT SAFE!!!! :twisted:

I'M BACK IN THE GAME

Tickets to my first performance on sale at the box office (Morpeth Arms) 11th May 2009

Does this mean you're going to stop irritating the hell out of the rest of us with yer Pimms o'clock and yer long bike rides in the country

Congrats mate 8)

+1

ITB - well done, you must be very chuffed. Good news all round - the economy must be picking up if people are being hired - and no sign of Mexican Pig Lurgy hitting the streets of London, although I was struck ny the number of people with masks on this morning including a roadie keeping up a good pace on Vic Emb. Thought I ought to check that RP was clear yesterday (in the interest of public health) and blow me, more bike riders with masks :shock: It's obviously very dangerous being out on a bike.

I have decided to wear a cat suit and diver's mask from now on and will stop the bacon butties as a precaution. You can't be too careful.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    no sign of Mexican Pig Lurgy hitting the streets of London,

I don't know what all the fuss is about, after all the pigs are going to be cured anyway......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    So if you eat veggie bacon would you get Quorn flu?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • cjcp
    So if you eat veggie bacon would you get Quorn flu?

Boom, boom, tsh. :wink:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."