Silly commuting racing

Comments

• Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Greg66 wrote:
    I think you're doing yourself a disservice.

On you, that's a pretty big target, running from fingernail to fingernail. Easy mistake to make. Not stupid or clumsy; largely unavoidable, I'd say.

Maybe next time you should grip the bone with your toes :twisted:

If only I did have webbed hands... That might mean that I could swim, in fact when you immerse me in water I do a fairly passable imitation of a man entirley made our of Alka Salzer, on speed trying to get a wasp out of his boiler suit.

As for my toes. I do have stupid long toes....in fact - my first toe is longer than my big toe and in fact as long as mu little finger. It's very handy when climbing trees and such

Now - I'm trying to herd some antelope off a cliff, can anyone make the offerings to the Moon Goddess for me?
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Greg T wrote:

If only I did have webbed hands...

I think the cons might outweigh the pros.

You wouldn't be able to ride your bike.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Greg66 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    I, erm, ahem, rode the <very loud cough> mtb in today.

And I <shuffles feet, coughs very loudly again> enjoyed it. :oops:

HE'S A WITCH!!! BURN HIM!!!

It's a helluva lot of fun watching the roadies do a double-take and try (unsuccessfully) to stay ahead of you. :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Greg T
    Greg T wrote:

I wouldn't need to.

If I had webbed hands I'd be earning serious money as a horse fluffer.

• Greg T wrote:
    Greg T wrote:

I wouldn't need to.

It doesn't surprise me that much that 'horse fluffer' was the first job that you thought of for your webbed hands...

But it's not a mental image I care for. Please don't do that again.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Greg T wrote:
    Ouch. You know what's better than steri strips? Going to A&E in a quiet patch and having them glue it up. Days off the bike = 2 or 3 max.

I think I'm beyond the glueing stage at this point and I don't think I'm going to have to do a Fiennes and amputate my thumb bu cutting off my arm......

Also i have this mental image of A and E depts being like the waiting room to hell just as one of Satan's receptionists goes on lunch, the air con's not working, there aren't enough seats, the sinner on my left is listening "now that's what i call snare drum 11" on their ipod LOUD and the only magazine available is hairdressing monthly.
    :lol::lol: A bit like taking the bus eh?

Some gold on here this morning!

@ Biondino - if you will insist on taking the tube to see your good lady rather than cycling, then you should expect to get injured - the Gods on MTFU take a dim view of public transport usage.

HTFU & then MTFU.
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    If only I did have webbed hands... That might mean that I could swim, in fact when you immerse me in water I do a fairly passable imitation of a man entirley made our of Alka Salzer, on speed trying to get a wasp out of his boiler suit.

I feel compelled to ask for some video footage :shock:

However, I'm sure you'll have more success if you take the boiler suit off before diving in next time.....
  • don_don
    Greg T wrote:
    Greg T wrote:

I wouldn't need to.

It doesn't surprise me that much that 'horse fluffer' was the first job that you thought of for your webbed hands...

How do you 'fluff' a horse? Isn't their hair too short for that sort of thing?
    :?
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    don_don wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    Greg T wrote:

I wouldn't need to.

So innocent, so naive, so lets get down to business.
    Now Don_Don I have this second hand car to sell you, along with a bridge in London....
    heheheh
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • Destroyed someone on a climb this morning. 100 metre sprint between traffic lights up a 1 in 2.5 slope.

He's on a trek commuter, I'm on a 30lb mountain bike. I was following him along the road a few metres behind, we got to the bottom of the hill and he got up out the saddle. I did too and absolutely blasted past him all the way to the top 8)
  • Greg T
    don_don wrote:
    Greg T wrote:
    I wouldn't need to.

Er Yes.

Let's just say yes and move on shall we?

• attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    don_don wrote:

How sweet and innocent you've suddenly become DD, frankly I don't believe that you've no idea what a fluffer is
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    cjcp wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    I, erm, ahem, rode the <very loud cough> mtb in today.

And I <shuffles feet, coughs very loudly again> enjoyed it. :oops:

HE'S A WITCH!!! BURN HIM!!!

It's a helluva lot of fun watching the roadies do a double-take and try (unsuccessfully) to stay ahead of you. :lol:

The Giant is technically described as an 'Urban MTB' in the blurb - provided you're on reasonably slick tyres it does come a a shock to the roadies when they get passed - although I have to confess my score on roadies is in single figures - um - (shuffles feet)actually one
    :oops:
  • il_principe
    The Giant is technically described as an 'Urban MTB' in the blurb - provided you're on reasonably slick tyres it does come a a shock to the roadies when they get passed - although I have to confess my score on roadies is in single figures - um - (shuffles feet)actually one

Urban MTB? Wtf?
  • The Giant is technically described as an 'Urban MTB' in the blurb - provided you're on reasonably slick tyres it does come a a shock to the roadies when they get passed - although I have to confess my score on roadies is in single figures - um - (shuffles feet)actually one

Urban MTB? Wtf?

You know, for urban mountains.

It's so obvious really. The clue's in the name.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • il_principe
    Yeah, silly me. Perhaps popular with the residents of Machu Picchu...

Urban MTB - the cycling equivalent of the BMW X5/Porsche Cayenne/VW/VW Touareg.
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Would that be the Col de Putney? <snigger>
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Attica wrote:
    don_don wrote:

How sweet and innocent you've suddenly become DD, frankly I don't believe that you've no idea what a fluffer is

Just googled that and would advise against doing similar, i'd sooner have not known that :shock: :arrow:
  • Attica wrote:
    Would that be the Col de Putney? <snigger>

OI! Less of that cheek young man.

And it's the Col du Pont de Putney, IIRC.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Attica wrote:
    don_don wrote:

Just googled that and would advise against doing similar, i'd sooner have not known that :shock: :arrow:

If Greg T writes a phrase, and you don't know what it means, never google it.

You have now learnt this the hard way. Insert joke here. There's one in there somewhere.
  • Attica wrote:
    don_don wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: the mind boggles
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • il_principe
    Sooo anyway, it's my birthday in a few days time so I'm treating myself to a custom bag (courtesty of R.E.Load Baggage.) What do peeps reckon of this SCR themed design:

3110772718_5f6c7e740a.jpg

Some may recognize its provenance.
  • Sooo anyway, it's my birthday in a few days time so I'm treating myself to a custom bag (courtesty of R.E.Load Baggage.) What do peeps reckon of this SCR themed design:

Some may recognize its provenance.

S'nice... don't recognise the provenance...

I do think you should incorporate MTFU in there somewhere... it seems to be pretty much your catchphrase after all...
  • Greg T
    Is that Marc Bolan- of the famous Peak the Bolan Death Bridge?

How does Reload work? You send them an image and they cut it into a bag for you?

• Did i miss something at the SCR christmas party Biondinio and DDD dont seem to be getting on very well :? :roll: :arrow:
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    <i>Over the weekend, in my eagerness to extract the last bits of lamb from the bone I was clumsy AND stupid enough to stick the carving knife into the web of skin between the thumb and first finger on my left hand......
    </i>

ooch... that's stings doesn't it?

I'm afraid to inform you that you are a rank amateur on the clumsy and stupid/carving knife wielding front however.

I was once trying to mix margaritas. Couldn't find a juicer for the limes. Aha! (says I) just the ticket - a carving knife. I proceded to try to juice the lime halves with a rotating/gouging action of said carving knife. Funnily enough the knife went straight through the lime peel and into the thumb grasping the lime...

The dawning realisation of the depth of my own stupdity was hastened by a mate of mine waving the lemon juicer that he had just found under the sink.

The doctor who stiched me up had to have a few goes with the local becaus it kept spraying out therough the cut.

In my defence, alcohol had been consumed.

J
  • il_principe
    edited December 2008
    Greg T wrote:
    Is that Marc Bolan- of the famous Peak the Bolan Death Bridge?

How does Reload work? You send them an image and they cut it into a bag for you?

Better than that - they stitch the image into the bag, some examples of their stuff here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reloadbags/sets/
  • Damit piccies not coming up at work and flickr is blocked :( :x
  • Greg T
    jedster wrote:
    I'm afraid to inform you that you are a rank amateur on the clumsy and stupid/carving knife wielding front however.

I was once trying to mix margaritas. Couldn't find a juicer for the limes. Aha! (says I) just the ticket - a carving knife.

In my defence, alcohol had been consumed.

J

Lime juice in the cut as well......

Now that is proper stupid.

There again - it is only in those fabulous post injury moments before it starts hurting that you realise that it was always going to end badly......

I once tried to replace the heating element in my immersion boiler without help of a "qualified plumber".

As I stood there, torch gripped in my teeth, contorted around my airing cupboard shelving with the world's biggest spanner in my hand pissed wet through - it occured to me that the reason that hot water comes out of taps is that it is under pressure......

Of course I then dropped the spanner out of reach.

"It was always going to end badly" I said smugly to myself. Myself sulked for days.

• don_don
    Attica wrote:
    don_don wrote:

If Greg T writes a phrase, and you don't know what it means, never google it.

You have now learnt this the hard way. Insert joke here. There's one in there somewhere.

Well the truth is I didn't need to google it, unlike Stefanos :shock:

I'm still wondering how webbed fingers would be any help though :?