Silly commuting racing

Comments

• aahh dont go changing all the lingo..only just got used to MTFU!!

...maybe I should just HTFU and accept change! :D
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • No no no.

I will not support this alteration of my favourite acronym. (sort of an acronym)

Stupid feminism has ruined enough things for me already.

I will not stand for this.

Damn it.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    No no no.

I will not support this alteration of my favourite acronym. (sort of an acronym)

Damn it.

WTFU :lol:
  • No no no.

Damn it.

WTFU :lol:

:lol:

I'm going to come round there and push you in the river. Seriously.
  • WTFU :lol:

dude... awesome =D
    "Clothing:
    None +3" Pure awesomeness!

A Felt Q520... My baby and first serious bike! - http://is.gd/9Vab
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    HTFU - not office friendly!

I think HTFU has been around for some time (it's certainly well-used on tri forums) - you lot just tinkered with it... :lol:
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    I thought it was Hurry TFU

I quite like the "Hurry" bit....therefore one could say just MTFU and HTFU in the same sentence :0)

OR

MAHTFU! or HAMTFU! :wink:

beats:

GYAIG

Get Yer Rse IN Gear

Anyway, hello again :) long time no see, this week work has got in the way of the Embankment scalping sessions, and I'm of for a cheeky long weekend away to New York, and then back for more work which means I'll be sans velo for a total of two weeks :(

Work can get in the way of a good commute!!!

But I'll be back
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Jen J
    snooks wrote:
    I thought it was Hurry TFU

I quite like the "Hurry" bit....therefore one could say just MTFU and HTFU in the same sentence :0)

OR

MAHTFU! or HAMTFU! :wink:

beats:

GYAIG

Get Yer Rse IN Gear

Anyway, hello again :) long time no see, this week work has got in the way of the Embankment scalping sessions, and I'm of for a cheeky long weekend away to New York, and then back for more work which means I'll be sans velo for a total of two weeks :(

Work can get in the way of a good commute!!!

But I'll be back

Hello :D
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • WTFU :lol:

:lol:

I'm going to come round there and push you in the river. Seriously.
    Did you mean river or liver? :?
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Churning the miles out now, Standing at 907, NO OTHER BIKES to be see today AT ALL, Lots of ice and slading sideways like Bambi once or twice but held it together, There is always tomorrow for a scalp maybe ?
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • I will support the MTFU 'sort of acronym' of choice, mainly as whenever I read it I read it in a cool movie stylee voice, like "dude, MTFU"...Having not been aware of this phrase until the last few weeks, I now find myself trying to race cars on my commute with "the voice" saying "MTFU punk" to me!..I love it!

....although this is kinda how I got into trouble a few months ago, pushing it too hard and that ended up with a snapped collar bone, and seen as this is my "taking it easy" getting back into cycling month, i'm not doing to well at not going headcase! :D :roll:
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • Jen J wrote:
    HTFU - not office friendly!

I think HTFU has been around for some time (it's certainly well-used on tri forums) - you lot just tinkered with it... :lol:

That video is BRILLIANT! I love it! :lol::lol::lol:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    LiT's how can your FCN be 7 that's false advertising surely!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    itboffin wrote:

Summut to do with her being blonde?? :wink:

LIT has panniers and clippy sandal, though 7 does seem a bit high :D
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Almost bottled it today - it was p*ssing down when I left home this morning but decided if I was going to commute all winter which is my intention then I need to ZTFU !!

It was a very poor day for SCR'ing where was everybody (and to think I used to be a fair weather cyclist myself). Only "Sport' was a guy on a fast hybrid, was closing on him and he made it through a set of lights and in that split second decided the lights had been amber for to long and remembered the 1st rule of SCR and stopped. I then caught every set of lights and saw my prey disappear into the distance.

Gonna steer clear of that Embankment for a while - not sure if my helmet will still fit if I get scalped and my scalp kinder keeps my brain warm on these cold mornings.

ITB what is the "Beast" a Tandem Penny Farthing ?? a Shopper bike with knobblies ?? How can any bike have an FCN of 17 ??

• ITB what is the "Beast" and Tandem Penny Farthing ?? a shopper bike with knobblies ?? How can any bike have an FCN of 17 ??

It's not just the bike. It's him :twisted:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    Greg66 wrote:

ITB what is the "Beast" and Tandem Penny Farthing ?? a shopper bike with knobblies ?? How can any bike have an FCN of 17 ??

At least I'm able to ride my bike... old man :P
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Almost bottled it today - it was p*ssing down when I left home this morning but decided if I was going to commute all winter which is my intention then I need to ZTFU !!

I'm a bit behind on the posts tonight so I better M/H/W-TFU and combine a few threads together with some savage witt and conciseness.

I'll throw DD-TFU into the hat cos I was the opposite of Mr. Ramsey today, I'm ashamed to say as I choose to take Greg66's choice of boot liner (his motor) to the tube at the Stow.

He's got a real reason I know, I'm just a pansy..................... :oops:

Coming home I realised I seemed to be driving more like I ride my bike - savage filtering around a roundabout. I thought you had to ride like you drive - the I'm not holding traffic up - I AM TRAFFIC approach - Best I ditch the motor........

To all you troopers who did it this morning......respect

I feel a new years resolution coming on
    [1]Ribble winter special
    [2] Trek 5200 old style carbon
    [3] Frankensteins hybrid FCN 8
  • Jen J
    itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

ITB what is the "Beast" and Tandem Penny Farthing ?? a shopper bike with knobblies ?? How can any bike have an FCN of 17 ??

:shock:
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • itboffin
    The "beast" is my wife's Halfords sus bike + flat pedals with basket and child trailer attached and yes I have scalped people whilst towing my daughter, the shame :oops:

56380b51a0774680aac661bc08e38905.jpg
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    edited December 2008
    itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Oh, the irony :x

PS: Let me share some of my humiliating crapness, and a breakthrough. Before today, if I wanted to get into the car, I had to do the following:
    - open the door (not too far) and with my back to the side of the car, gripping the door (left hand) and door frame (right), lower my @rse onto the seat
    - *carefully* tilt my head forward to get it under the top of the door frame and into the car. Chin on chest whilst sitting has capacity for extreme and sudden pain.
    - *very* carefully lift both legs, together, knees cemented together, up onto the sill. Drag them over the sill into the foot well, making sure that they don't drop suddenly. Consequences of so doing >> head tilt above.
    - pull door shut. If door open too far, I'm screwed at this point, as I can't reach it.
    Then endure 45 minutes of sciatic fireworks in my hips, quads, buttocks and the nerve bundle so beloved of playground attempts to dish out dead legs.

To get out of car, do the above in reverse. With more care though, as 45 mins in the car = eveything tightens like a b@stard.

However, today, after 90 mins with the physio, I was (almost) able to get into the car like a normal person - one foot in the foot well first, and everything! Amazing!

When (after today, "if" has been obliterated from the vocab) I get back on the bike, there will be a lot of anger fuelling me. For some considerable time. :evil:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    Hey Greg thought this might be of use http://www.guysingirdles.com/MensGirdles.htm scroll down i'm sure there's one just for you :lol:
  • ITB - I wouldn't know whether to laugh hysterically or sob uncontrollably if you passed me on the Beast.
  • itboffin
    ITB - I wouldn't know whether to laugh hysterically or sob uncontrollably if you passed me on the Beast.

I believe the general consensus would be to get off your bike, leave it by the side of the road and walk home never to venture out of the house again. :lol:
  • itboffin wrote:
    Hey Greg thought this might be of use http://www.guysingirdles.com/MensGirdles.htm scroll down i'm sure there's one just for you :lol:

Thanks for that. I enjoyed this

"Comfort. Many men report that they find a man's girdle uncomfortable compared to a lady's girdle. "

Those would be the many men who are cross-dressers, then? :D

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Al_38
    Al_38 Posts: 277
    HTFU from here ? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y - wouldn't advise this link if you are at work...
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    4 days off the bike for me, booo. Off to a wedding and long weeked in Sussex with the missus and taking the train so no bike dammit. Staying with the folks so may have a pootle on Dad's MTB (*spits).

Enjoy your weekends folks.
  • itboffin wrote:

I am uncharacteristically dumbstruck.

Just.... what?

I mean.... what?

:shock:
  • itboffin wrote:

Well, I start at 5 - faux single speed (dirty/functional), baggies +1, then panniers +1 = 7

I could argue that my cycling sandals are not evidently clipless, but I don't wear them in winter. Summer will see my FCN return to an 8.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Made it in today in spite of ice and glass everywhere - two punctures this week - ba*tards - we hates them :x