• martinc
    martinc Posts: 422
    Jon,
    chapeau.

:D
    Always in stealth mode
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    Doesn't count as a scalp (although I'm sure he was on a road bike), but I caught up with a guy leading onto an off road cycle path (traffic was heavy and I didn't want to play), and got stuck behind as he rode in the middle of the two way cyclepath.

Decided I had better thngs to do with my time than bimble at 3mph, so shouted to him 'overtaking on your right' and pulled out wide onto the other path to overtake.

As I went past he toppled. Although he didn't fall completely. I shouted back to see if he was ok, and he just grunted at me, so I rode off...
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Hahahahaaaa! It does sounds like it was me!

Yeah that was you, remember the white trim.

Do you always smile at your prey before you rip them to shreds?

Still, I did keep up with you and we both dropped the roadies. I was going to try and drop you on the incline on the approch to the BSI Tower but the best I could do was keep up.

But then *ahem* I had just come all the way down the Embankment from Lower Thames Street, my front brake was rubbing 'cos the MOFO won't centre and I was still a bit hung over *cough*.

That was some of the most fun riding I've had for sure.
  • Just imagine, this time tomorrow evening this forum will be DEAD............unless people start posting from their BB in the pub ;-)

Got a bit irked on the way home today as I was just riding along, minding my own business as the road ahead was clear. I could hear a car coming up behind me but the traffic was solid the opposite direction and I was riding about a foot away from the park cars on my side. All of a sudden I get the lovely "beep" I look round in a "What" type of fashion only for the twonk to fly past me :evil: narrowly missing my handlebars, when not more then 10 yards ahead there is a clear gap in the parked cars so I *might* have moved over (I say might as he was getting on my nerves..........)

As he got passed I gave him the usual 2 finger salute and rode the stress off as we (well only him really) got to the next lot of stopped traffic. I just nipped past and gave him a glare (no gestures, I was quite pleased with my restrain) as I zipped off ahead and he sat stationary :-) The natural order of things resolved!

No scalps but I should have some tales to tell tomorrow as I'm back up in town, although I suspect with restricted net access!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • prj45 wrote:
    Hahahahaaaa! It does sounds like it was me!

Yeah that was you, remember the white trim.

Do you always smile at your prey before you rip them to shreds?

Still, I did keep up with you and we both dropped the roadies. I was going to try and drop you on the incline on the approch to the BSI Tower but the best I could do was keep up.

But then *ahem* I had just come all the way down the Embankment from Lower Thames Street, my front brake was rubbing 'cos the MOFO won't centre and I was still a bit hung over *cough*.

That was some of the most fun riding I've had for sure.

Well, I wasn't even trying... :wink: Had fresh legs so was cruising fast.

You kept up? I didn't notice anyone close behind... but maybe you were being a gentleman.

You'll have to forgive me, I had only done that route twice, so don't know where the BSI tower is... I hadn't noticed an incline either... but then I don't notice much :shock:

So the more I do it the faster I'll get... bwahahahahahaaaaaaa!

Next time say hi! Or shout it, as I disappear over the horizon... :twisted:

only kidding
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Grr. All that talk of rain jackets earlier. Why I oughta...
    Looked out the window just before changing into bike kit for the trip home: dry roads, looks mild. Five minutes later; wet and windy. Bah, humbug. Only saw 2 other cyclists and they had a higher FCN *mutter, mutter*
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    You'll have to forgive me, I had only done that route twice, so don't know where the BSI tower is... I hadn't noticed an incline either... but then I don't notice much :shock:

It's just past the Evans (that you probably didn't see :lol: ), a big grey tower next to Gunnersbury Tube (which is actually hard to see), terrible wind tunnel, knock it down tomorrow if I could.

Just a single roadie going down there tonight, but he jumped the lights. Still caught up with him every time though.
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...overtook a bloke on a bouncy bike going up hill this morning...he was smoking a fag and riding :shock: :? :roll:

...no score...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    took a couple of hybrid on london bridge today calm as you like

the roads seemed pretty empty

looking forward to decimating everyone on the embankment tonight
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Saw Frosty this morning (i.e. the snowman-sock-wearing-hybrid-riding chap mentioned in the posts above).

But no roadies. :?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I think a lot of the fair weather crew have finally bedded down for winter. Certainly less Altura on show this week. :twisted:
  • I think a lot of the fair weather crew have finally bedded down for winter. Certainly less Altura on show this week. :twisted:

You're right.

No bikes tethered on the street I work on at all, and only two other people spotted on my commute this morning - both serial RLJers.

Bring on the winter, I say.

Sorts the wheat from the chaff.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    So I MTFUed and rode in today - traffic was a bit slow so I really wasn't motoring - 14.1mph average speed is right at the lower end. Nothing to report other than a very skiddy emergency stop when the bike I was sizing up to pass stopped at a zebra crossing and I wasn't paying attention :oops:
  • So have you achieved your first 5-day cycle commuting week?? Wooohoooo!

I'm presuming you cycle home this evening :)
  • il_principe
    So have you achieved your first 5-day cycle commuting week?? Wooohoooo!

WTF!

MTFU FGS.

:lol:
  • biondino
    Either that or I leave the bike at the Morpeth :)

Anyone with eggbeater cleats is welcome to take the Focus for a test ride as long as they're not already hammered obv
  • I never seem to find anyone to race. Sometimes I see someone in the distance and try to ride in a way that means I will catch them up, but not be shot once I do. A few weeks ago I saw someone riding in the distance so caught him up and we rode the last few miles into Bath together, with me as the domestique. :shock: I usually talk to people when I catch them up.

Don't think I've got the hang of playing the game yet.
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • biondino wrote:
    Either that or I leave the bike at the Morpeth :)

Anyone with eggbeater cleats is welcome to take the Focus for a test ride as long as they're not already hammered obv

It's time like this that I hate having "short" legs (and a short upper body!) as I'm rarely going to be the right size for testing other people's bikes!

THat and the fact I'm running SPD's......
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • martinc
    martinc Posts: 422
    cjcp wrote:
    Saw Frosty this morning (i.e. the snowman-sock-wearing-hybrid-riding chap mentioned in the posts above).

Hope you scalped him in style.
    Always in stealth mode
  • cjcp
    martinc wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Hope you scalped him in style.

I noticed a hybrid filtering on the outside along Lower Richmond Road. When he cut in, I spotted the socks. He didn't stand a chance once we got onto Embankment.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • biondino
    It took you all the way from LRR to Embankment? Lose 10 MTFU points and miss a turn :)
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    biondino wrote:
    It took you all the way from LRR to Embankment? Lose 10 MTFU points and miss a turn :)

It can be tricky in traffic to drop the bombs, however the Col De Putney Bridge is surely available for a strafing run and mark laying?
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • il_principe
    Fcuk a duck - my lovely new White Halo wheels have arrived only for me to realise that I don't have a spanner that fits my freewheel remover! Was hoping to have the wheels on the bike for tonight's drinks. No hardware store around here either. Grrrrrrrrr.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • cjcp
    Fcuk a duck - my lovely new White Halo wheels have arrived only for me to realise that I don't have a spanner that fits my freewheel remover! Was hoping to have the wheels on the bike for tonight's drinks. No hardware store around here either. Grrrrrrrrr.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You do have a spanner. It's sitting at your keyboard.

Boom. Boom. Thankyou.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp wrote:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Boom. Boom. Thankyou.

:lol::lol::lol:

Points reinstated.

Jash - man up and use your fingers. Or two pencils if you must. :wink:
  • cjcp
    biondino wrote:

The traffic and traffic lights allowed him to keep in touch. Once the clear road of Embankment appeared, it was as if I'd pressed the hyperspace button: I just saw stars.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • il_principe
    cjcp wrote:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Boom. Boom. Thankyou.

Oi!
  • cjcp wrote:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Boom. Boom. Thankyou.

Oi!

pwned
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Tonight I am a man destroyed. I will be the easiest target on Embankment and my scalp will be torn asunder by all the scalpers :(

Last night + large beers = hangover + crap day at work = easy scalp

Unfortunately I can't even have a consolitory drink in the Morpeth as I've got to get home for my dad and step-mum who are visiting :(:(

And I've got to work tomorrow. Oh, woe is me
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Wrath Rob wrote:
    Unfortunately I can't even have a consolitory drink in the Morpeth as I've got to get home for my dad and step-mum who are visiting :(:(

Bzzzzzt! Invalid excuse.

I was late for G66 junior #2's birthday party because of a Morpeth intermission durig my ride home.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A