Silly commuting racing

Comments

• damage36
    damage36 Posts: 282
    edited November 2008
    damage36 wrote:
    Don_don, you should go to japan. They have pants vending machines to meet your needs.

Greg66, how can you not like 11, have you not seen spinal tap!?

I haven't seen the whole movie but have seen that clip :-)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=d54UU-fPIsY

On the subject of 11 speeds I did mange to have a look at an 09 Prince sporting Super Record 11 the other week, the same model G66's rich mate brought I believe, it was one amazing looking machine :-)

The new campag stuff looks gorgeous, and the 11 I'm sure has a couple of benefits, but I would more get it because its the latest best campag, than specifically because it has so many sprokets. Also, have you seen the new dura-ace crankset - BLEGH! Although, I'd get an FSA one to go with the overall.

Of course, all this is hypothetical, i can't afford much more than the sora set up I have on my allez :cry:
    Legs, lungs and lycra.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • On the subject of 11 speeds I did mange to have a look at an 09 Prince sporting Super Record 11 the other week, the same model G66's rich mate brought I believe, it was one amazing looking machine :-)

Is that the stealth black one at GB Cycles, with the Lightweight wheelset?

Alas, he didn't buy it. Even more alas, nor did I.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • D36, just had a look at the new dura-ace....... :? :? it's a bit plain....the campag crankset on the SR looked amazing, not least coz it clearly said "11 speed only" having said that it took me a good few minutes to take in all the details on this bike, i think it's the subtle things that I like most about uber expensive bikes, such as the 1 piece stem and handlebars and nice cable routing on the Prince.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Greg66 wrote:
    On the subject of 11 speeds I did mange to have a look at an 09 Prince sporting Super Record 11 the other week, the same model G66's rich mate brought I believe, it was one amazing looking machine :-)

Is that the stealth black one at GB Cycles, with the Lightweight wheelset?

Alas, he didn't buy it. Even more alas, nor did I.

DOH! Yep that one tho, I was working at the council offices up the road so went that way for lunch (grabbed at the Tesco express enroute) I felt like a kid in a sweet shop looking around!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • damage36
    D36, just had a look at the new dura-ace....... :? :? it's a bit plain....the campag crankset on the SR looked amazing, not least coz it clearly said "11 speed only" having said that it took me a good few minutes to take in all the details on this bike, i think it's the subtle things that I like most about uber expensive bikes, such as the 1 piece stem and handlebars and nice cable routing on the Prince.

Look for the new FSA K-force crankset, its pretty nice, and would spruce up the boring dura-yawn.
    Also, why are shimano bothering with an alloy crankset when the world and his dog have gone over to carbon cranks.
    Legs, lungs and lycra.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • damage36 wrote:
    D36, just had a look at the new dura-ace....... :? :? it's a bit plain....the campag crankset on the SR looked amazing, not least coz it clearly said "11 speed only" having said that it took me a good few minutes to take in all the details on this bike, i think it's the subtle things that I like most about uber expensive bikes, such as the 1 piece stem and handlebars and nice cable routing on the Prince.

Look for the new FSA K-force crankset, its pretty nice, and would spruce up the boring dura-yawn.
    Also, why are shimano bothering with an alloy crankset when the world and his dog have gone over to carbon cranks.

Just googled the K-Force, that looks very nice and much more like the Campy one :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • damage36
    Thisbeauty is the one i meant, in case you looked up a different one.
    Legs, lungs and lycra.

• biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    The BBC iPlayer volume slider goes up to 11, I noticed last night.
  • damage36
    Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
    Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
    NT: Exactly.
    MDB: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
    NT: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
    MDB: I don't know.
    NT: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
    MDB: Put it up to eleven.
    NT: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
    MDB: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
    NT: [pause] These go to eleven.
    Legs, lungs and lycra.

• girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    Spooky. I think I've identified one of my recurring morning commuter racers in a completely different, non-cycling context - there's a job I'm very interested in, and he's a director of the company! Eek!

Still, from his bio, I now don't feel so bad that I can just about keep pace with him :)

That ever happen to anyone?
    Today is a good day to ride
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    girv73 wrote:
    No bike today as the legs are telling me they need a rest. MTFD mode.

MTFD? Does not compute...

MTFD? No, that's not an acceptable acronym.
  • damage36
    Mind that fiery dragon
    Legs, lungs and lycra.

• girv73
    MTFD? No, that's not an acceptable acronym.

How about STFU ? FOAD? ;)
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    girv73 wrote:

ooooowooooh! Get her!

fight fight fight
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • MTFD? No, that's not an acceptable acronym.

Oh really?
    GI doesn't count if you have gears. Gears allow you to MTFD (Man the fcuk down) and are therefore void.

However, I fully support the sentiment.

In other news, I really hope the wind drops off, recently returned to Kensington from a lunch in St Paul's, it was really quite blowy out there, especially in the park. A bit much like hard work on a full stomach.

And a westerly. Aka 'the wrong bl**dy way'.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    biondino wrote:
    The BBC iPlayer volume slider goes up to 11, I noticed last night.

Very sad techie programmers added a Spinal Tap 'Easter eggs', Oracle have also used the Spinal 11 in their Financials applications.

Sometimes I hate IT people, present company accepted :P
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • damage36
    Attica wrote:
    girv73 wrote:

ooooowooooh! Get her!

fight fight fight

You mean OGHFFF
    Legs, lungs and lycra.

• MTFD? No, that's not an acceptable acronym.

Oh really?
    GI doesn't count if you have gears. Gears allow you to MTFD (Man the fcuk down) and are therefore void.

However, I fully support the sentiment.

In other news, I really hope the wind drops off, recently returned to Kensington from a lunch in St Paul's, it was really quite blowy out there, especially in the park. A bit much like hard work on a full stomach.

And a westerly. Aka 'the wrong bl**dy way'.

Thanks for finding that quote LiT, you obviously have:

a) More patience
    b) Less work

Then me, I remembered that JA had used MTFD but not when and as we put about 5 pages down on a slow day I simply couldn't find it!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • You can find all of someone's past posts and then search them - took about 30 seconds!
  • girv73
    @jashburnham "oh it's all gone quiet over there"
  • You can find all of someone's past posts and then search them - took about 30 seconds!

Chapeau :-)
    I didn't realize we had that function!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    You're not singing,
    You're not sin-ging,
    You're not sin-ging an-y-moooore
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • itboffin
    You can find all of someone's past posts and then search them - took about 30 seconds!

Seasoned stalker eh!
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    girv73 wrote:
    @jashburnham "oh it's all gone quiet over there"

BTW very impressed with your 58.7mph on Nokia sports tracker :wink:
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Doh! It's all about context though! MTFD'ing is to be discouraged - it's been a long day. It's like being on Question Time on this forum at times...

Thank you so much for pointing out my error though LiT, much appreciated... :roll:
  • Doh! It's all about context though! MTFD'ing is to be discouraged - it's been a long day. It's like being on Question Time on this forum at times...

Thank you so much for pointing out my error though LiT, much appreciated... :roll:

Anytime... :wink:

Ugh. Delaying going home in hope that the wind will die down. I need to MTFU myself.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    OMG! Next year's Giro starts in the town my dad is from! OMG!
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Hmm, all gone quiet. Any of you fellow Embankmenteers off shortly or are you tucked up in your slippers holding a glass of wine?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    cjcp wrote:
    Hmm, all gone quiet. Any of you fellow Embankmenteers off shortly or are you tucked up in your slippers holding a glass of wine?

erm bubbly actually :oops:
  • girv73
    itboffin wrote:
    BTW very impressed with your 58.7mph on Nokia sports tracker :wink:

:lol: it can have ... accuracy issues.

I did break 40mph once and have photos to prove it. Downhill, of course :)