Silly commuting racing

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Fcuk me it was blowy last night ... I headed up to Willesden Green and had the cross wind all the way. I hate crosswinds especially with the slightly deep rims on the Pearson, I was getting blown all over the shop. Hardly any folk out this morning, although I really enjoyed toying with a fully hybrided up bloke in a funny skaters helmet. He tried to give me a lance style "look" then went for it, legs spinning like mad. I let hem think he was pulling a way for a minute or so then took him, sitting up and adjusting my iPod. He didn't look happy! Serves him right for fcuking with a roadie. :twisted:

:lol:

:lol: Suuuuuuu-perb.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    Not a good commute this morning. Worked very late and no energy this morning. Didn't get scalped, but that's because I was late coming in. Thought I might bump into G66 actually.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    Jen J wrote:
    I let hem think he was pulling a way for a minute or so then took him, sitting up and adjusting my iPod.

iPod? :shock:

Yep, commute with either a shuffle or my iphone. Let's not open this debate. I've been doing it for as long as iPods have existed and can hear traffic just fine. It's never caused any problems and if I thought it put me or others in danger I wouldn't do it!

Wasn't planning to open a debate. Each to their own...:D
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • cjcp wrote:
    Not a good commute this morning. Worked very late and no energy this morning. Didn't get scalped, but that's because I was late coming in. Thought I might bump into G66 actually.

Alas not. I was out with some mates last night so cabbed it home & got the train (yuck) in. Feel like kack this morning.

Unless you're joining the Embankment around 9 :shock: , you won't have much chance of seeing me in the mornings.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    Jen J wrote:
    Jen J wrote:
    I let hem think he was pulling a way for a minute or so then took him, sitting up and adjusting my iPod.

Yep, commute with either a shuffle or my iphone. Let's not open this debate. I've been doing it for as long as iPods have existed and can hear traffic just fine. It's never caused any problems and if I thought it put me or others in danger I wouldn't do it!

And after all no-one on here likes a good discussion.

All so reticent with opinions

:wink:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Jen J wrote:
    Jen J wrote:

No way!

He rides with headphones!

He's a witch!

Burn him!

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Ok...i'm still trying to get a handle on this.

Yesterday, i cycled along the cycle path from Lancaster to Morecambe...

I overtook maybe 7 other riders...all commuters.

This morning, some lycra clad roadie wizzed past me...

How do I work out what affect this has on my score? Do I need to work out the other cyclists FCN to be able to score?

ta
    david
    <insert witty comment here>

Also, I have calculated my FCN as 12...although I have no idea what that actually means.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I'm a witch?

With your all red outfit you look like Beelzebub.

Greg 66 photographed at Friday Drinks:

Beelzebub_ATVH_2005.JPG
  • I'm a witch?

Beelzebub_ATVH_2005.JPG

Is that Sarah Palin under the three balloons standing against the wall?

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • il_principe
    Yep and GregT on the far left.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Greg66 wrote:
    I'm a witch?

Beelzebub_ATVH_2005.JPG

Well spotted, and I think that is David Blunkett with the shield...........
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Greg66 wrote:
    I'm a witch?

Beelzebub_ATVH_2005.JPG

Well spotted, and I think that is David Blunkett with the shield...........

Ah yes.

And I spy lits on the far right, sitting in her usual lady-like way.

I hope the Christmas party will be as awesome as that looks ...

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • :lol:

Take note all those who have never met me - I look exactly like that little old lady...

I did a google search for 'bad cyclist lycra' and came across a rant that ended like this from the mirror... it's so angry and OTT that it's actually making me laugh.

Hope all you guys realise you're 'sick and stunted'...
    AND if we truly cared about safety on our roads, then we would make a bonfire of all those stupid hats, all that hideous Lycra and every bicycle in the land.

They are all an affront to civilised society, whether you move around on four wheels or foot. Bicycles are for children. They are for little boys doing their paper round. They are for little girls going round their friend's house to play with their Barbie dolls. Bikes teach kids the joy of mobility, speed and freedom.

They are not for men who think they are somehow better than everybody else because they don't have to stop for a tank of unleaded. Bicycles are like masturbation - something you should grow out of.

There is something seriously sick and stunted about grown men who want to ride a bike.

:lol::lol:
  • il_principe
    Greg66 wrote:

SCR Xmas party:

1226911419060531011S500x500Q85.jpg
  • Bassjunkieuk

Take note all those who have never met me - I look exactly like that little old lady...

I did a google search for 'bad cyclist lycra' and came across a rant that ended like this from the mirror... it's so angry and OTT that it's actually making me laugh.

Hope all you guys realise you're 'sick and stunted'...
    AND if we truly cared about safety on our roads, then we would make a bonfire of all those stupid hats, all that hideous Lycra and every bicycle in the land.

They are all an affront to civilised society, whether you move around on four wheels or foot. Bicycles are for children. They are for little boys doing their paper round. They are for little girls going round their friend's house to play with their Barbie dolls. Bikes teach kids the joy of mobility, speed and freedom.

They are not for men who think they are somehow better than everybody else because they don't have to stop for a tank of unleaded. Bicycles are like masturbation - something you should grow out of.

There is something seriously sick and stunted about grown men who want to ride a bike.

:lol::lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock: But biking won't make you go blind will it?? Having said that there are quite a few "wang eyed" people here..........me included :lol:
    I can say I'm certainly not sick, in fact I don't rarely fall ill that often and as for stunted I was vertically challenged way before I started cycling regularly....
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Greg66 wrote:

SCR Xmas party:

1226911419060531011S500x500Q85.jpg

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock:
  • Bassjunkieuk
    With legs like that I'd suggest they are climbers........
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I'm over six foot at the moment but have just started biking again - will I shrink - end of my first weeks commute - brillaint except I think I'm developing saddle sores - any suggestions for a remedy?

New soft cumfy saddle ?

Padded shorts?

MTFU and get ovet it ? 8)
  • Bassjunkieuk
    I'm over six foot at the moment but have just started biking again - will I shrink - end of my first weeks commute - brillaint except I think I'm developing saddle sores - any suggestions for a remedy?

New soft cumfy saddle ?

Padded shorts?

How long is your commute? Saddle sore is quite normal if you haven't biked much before or are returning from a long break. Eventually the 2 interfaces i.e your ar5e and saddle will mould to each other!

If your going over 5 miles each way I'd recommend cycling shorts as they really do help! In fact I find it rather uncomfortable without any padding down there now and have found that even Lidl's cheapo shorts have enough padding for short rides!

It could of course be the saddle as everyone's backside is a different size and if the saddle isn't supporting your sit bones correctly then you can get rather sore! Also a padded saddle is necessarily going to be better for you then your a harder one, again it's all down to personal choice tho :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • cjcp
    Greg66 wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Alas not. I was out with some mates last night so cabbed it home & got the train (yuck) in. Feel like kack this morning.

Unless you're joining the Embankment around 9 :shock: , you won't have much chance of seeing me in the mornings.

I had a keen eye on the time on the speedo. I passed (i.e. crawled) Chelsea Bridge at 8:57am, praying that some speed-freak on a Cervelo wouldn't blaze by whilst simultaneously fiddling with his iPod and arranging his diary for the day ahead. :shock:
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Where has everyone gone? Last night there was a sever dearth of cycling talent. I had one guy suck my wind for a while before he decided to MTFU and take a turn at the front, only to discover that 21mph on the Embankment wasn't as easy as it looked. Cue the slow wind down to 19 before I got bored and took the lead again. Kudos for trying but next time check the size of your artillery before declaring war.

This morning was even more bereft apart from some muppet on a MTB who while quick, lacked any sense of spatial awareness and seemed to combine this with a hatred for anything with an engine and a deathwish. Once the road opened up a little I was able to safely pass him, giving him a good 10ft of room before showing what quick really is. No points though :cry:
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • cjcp

New soft cumfy saddle ?

Padded shorts?

Check your saddle position and height too.

Saddle is crucial. If you have an uncomfortable saddle, you could stuff a duvet down your shorts and you'll still get off walking like John Wayne after an especially long day in the saddle. I previously used a Selle Italia XLR. Not comfortable. Now I use the Spesh Alias. Much, much better. :)
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Kudos for trying but next time check the size of your artillery before declaring war.

"Georgia" and "Russia" spring to mind.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    I did a google search for 'bad cyclist lycra' and came across a rant that ended like this from the mirror..

......... Bicycles are like masturbation - something you should grow out of.

:

Well now then I think I'm on safe ground here when I state that wanking is the only growth industry in the UK, and is being investigated as a serious alternative to nuclear power as the answer to the UK's energy requirements over the next 100 years.
    Something you should grow out of

How exactly?

They only way I'm going to grow out of it is if I become aquatic and evolve flippers.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • So is there a Morpeth tonight, and if so what time? I need a deadline to help me do that thing, ummm, errrr, oh yes. W-o-r-k, I think it's called.

Big Chapeau to those who shake hands with Greg T tonight...

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    95% of men admit they masturbate.

The other 5% are liars.

:D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • cjcp
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • cjcp wrote:

:D:D:D Excellent

Further off topic, AND out of date to boot:

http://www.jibjab.com/originals/this_land

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Ah now if we are on the Daily mash then this is genius:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/envi ... 070912397/
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    ......... Bicycles are like masturbation - something you should grow out of.

I guess that is why I'm never going to grow up. Heh, at my 'rate' I'm fricking immortal! :shock:

A-N-Y-W-A-Y

The person who wrote that must have a boring sex life! and/or incredibly low sex drive!

Edit: - I'm actually afraid of clicking any links or viewing any pics posted in this thread while at work... who thought cycling could have such "adult" related/associated material...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game