6 Nations

Comments

• Wales 18 Italy 12
    Ireland 17 Scotland 15
    France 27 England 23
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I can't see Italy scoring any tries, but I can see Wales scoring a couple. I can see Wales giving away plenty of penalties though, leading to a close score.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • As a paddy, I would have to say that the Welsh song is the best in the world by a country mile. i went to the millenium stadium to see them against the all blacks just to hear it in the flesh. I was in my seat half an hour ahead to be sure not to miss it. It's a cracking tune. Hope Eddie gets the boot.
    Dan
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    well any anthem sounds best when you re in the home stadium.......except when opera singers (jenkins or not) sing it...(no its not for you to make a quick buck on its for the teams and players to get fired up on, shut up for stupid warbling nancy boys/girls who would nt know a ruck from a maul if either hit you in the face)

this is the best though - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJuoP_4Ubp8

i'm sure you ve all seen it before but its....fudging awesome
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I can't see Italy scoring any tries, but I can see Wales scoring a couple. I can see Wales giving away plenty of penalties though, leading to a close score.

Wales have been slow starters, so an early Italian try, might not be a bad thing, to get the guys focused.

BTW, I will be there, and I have got hold of words of the Italian anthem, so I shall be singing both anthems with my non-operatic voice.
  • Well, here we go again!
    We have a habit of conceding early points. It's our signature mess-up.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Good Welsh win. Mostly taking advantage of poor Italian play but they got the tries. That Marcarto looks like a good talent for Italy.
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    Floodgates opened nicely for Wales.

Ireland looked better, Scotland as usual couldn't find the final 10% necessary.

Chances of England winning tonight? Hmm...slim. Possible though, as shown in the WC.
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    Scotland got thrashed, but at least they played, so a huge improvement :D
    England have a lead at half time. Place your bets on what might happen here...
  • I expected that England victory. France should've kicked for territory more! Too many errors and their forwards couldn't match up to the England lot.
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    OMG, Engalnd outscored their opponents in the second half, scored a try in the second half & played well throughout...
    What happened?
    Some really good young players today: Strokosch, Croft & Wiggelsworth amongst them (sorry, I missed the Wales game)
    Two questions though:
    -Scotland have cutting edge in their own half but not in Ireland's, how?
    -WTF is Balshaw still doing as full back for England? 3 shockingly bad performances, so he'll prob get picked for the Scotland match then...
  • Richrd2205 wrote:
    Some really good young players today: Strokosch, Croft & Wiggelsworth amongst them (sorry, I missed the Wales game)

Shame! You missed a good performance by Marcarto. His inexperience showed in some of the poor kicks he had, but he had some impressive runs breaking through the welsh defence and with time, he might be their answer for fly-half. Masi was terrible.

I don't know why I'm commenting on the Italians so much. I guess with them being an emerging nation, it'd be good to see them progressing and doing well, which would result in the growth of rugby! :lol: :?
  • heavymental
    haha...poor old French. They must wonder what they have to do to beat a team that keeps raising their game when Le Cruch comes along. First in their own WC then on the 10th anniversary of the Stade de France opening. England keep spoling the party despite looking beatable in the build up to the game. Although they ran it alot today they didn't look like creating much hence they got piled into touch on a number of occasions. England did ok today I thought. Some nice running, good organisation and Jonny showing his worth again. If we can put in two good performances then we might start moving forward under Ashton.

Wales looked good again. They must fancy their chances although the remaining matches are big ones.
  • Zendog1
    Zendog1 Posts: 816
    "Scotland have cutting edge in their own half but not in Ireland's, how?"

Well basically they are not very good at rugby - it might be an idea to get used to this fact.

Well done England - it's always so good to stuff the French :D:D:D:D
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Good Work England, that win over France was a good result for Wales aswell.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    _44447211_byrne270.jpg

Nice to see a bit of killer instinct in the second half.

Croke Park will be tough but the boys are on a roll..
  • ..pains me to say it, but on current form I cant see us beating Wales.
  • ddraver
    the irish are the ones with the habit for choking it must be said, but thats been away from home the last few times!!!!
    - @ddraver
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Well for once I got tickets so enjoyed the welsh win.
    Struggled a bit early on and the lineout throwing was a shambles so guess who will not be playing in ireland ? :)
    Wales will have to tighten up defensively in Ireland but with Shane Williams playing like he is, you never know whats happening!!
    What is it with English TV? All of a sudden after one win, they are discussing England as potential champions? Really?
    If Wales win either of their two remaining gam,es they will be champions, as long as they do not loose one 50-0. England will not get enough points to win championship!!
    They did well to beat France, but were helped by a poor France display. The scrum half is a huge prospect for France but spends too much time messing about when th eball is available, why not just get the ball out?!!
    Ireland next game for Wales? Hmm, well hopefully the Iralnd forwards will struggle for fitness as they have done all season, and in Magners and Heineken cup, then as long as we defend well early, I think we can win.
    One game I am interested in is England Scotland :D Scotland will be soooooo up for that they will be burning :D They have not won yet and I believe they were over confident after qualifying from a weak pool in world cup. But now on paper, England should win comfortably, but this could be a bit of a banana skin if Scotland find a bit of form and a few key players play well.

Wales last game against France could be a lottery, what type of French team will turn up?
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    haha...poor old French. They must wonder what they have to do to beat a team that keeps raising their game when Le Cruch comes along. First in their own WC then on the 10th anniversary of the Stade de France opening. England keep spoling the party despite looking beatable in the build up to the game. Although they ran it alot today they didn't look like creating much hence they got piled into touch on a number of occasions. England did ok today I thought. Some nice running, good organisation and Jonny showing his worth again. If we can put in two good performances then we might start moving forward under Ashton.

Wales looked good again. They must fancy their chances although the remaining matches are big ones.

the fireworks made me laugh afterwards as everyone had buggered off home :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • It was a good win but it seemed like there was a real lack of inventiveness when it came to running with the the ball. The last try was well worked but compared to the tries Wales ran in (I'm English) we had very little to offer in that department. Not that it mattered in the end and other aspects of play were very good. John Inverdale and Jeremy Guscott made me chuckle after the match. You'd think we'd have won the grand slam the way they were talking. It was a good win but it wasn't that good. There's still plenty of work to do. I'm not trying to be too negative/overly critical but you have to keep your feet on the ground.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    So next weekend

England need to put on a lot of points aginst the scottish
    Ireland need to beat the taffies
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    So next weekend

I predict a Scottish upset...they cant keep on losing....and there is history against England as well.
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    So next weekend

I predict a Scottish upset...they cant keep on losing....and there is history against England as well.

Depends on if they can score tries!
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,748
    Time to get this thread back up top!

I'm starting to get those tingles.....

Wales away to Ireland, I think this is the BIG one for Wales! :shock:
  • heavymental
    Hmm. I have a feeling Ireland might derail Wales' grand slam hopes. I also have a feeling Scotland might put the dampeners on England at Murrayfield. But that feeling is less strong so I'm going for Irleand and England to win. Along with France.

Wales may well prove me very wrong with a corking display againt the Irish but guessing results is always hard. :roll:
  • heavymental
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7281303.stm

Cipriani out.

Thats a shame. I was looking forward to seeing how he got on and Balshaw will probably make some howlers to lose us the game. Fair enough though. If he fcks about, he gets dropped. Although I think there's probably more to it than the above story suggests.
  • ddraver
    WHAT IS THE FECKIN' ARTARD DOING!!!!

Balshaw has some serous blackmail stuff on the RFU, its the only way it can happen surely
    - @ddraver
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7281303.stm

Cipriani out.

Thats a shame. I was looking forward to seeing how he got on and Balshaw will probably make some howlers to lose us the game. Fair enough though. If he fcks about, he gets dropped. Although I think there's probably more to it than the above story suggests.

Well Cipriani is not the brightest spark in the bunh but surely he must realise how stupid it is as a professional to go to a nightclub a couple of days before a big international?