6 Nations

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    nah it was a set up by Ashton i'm sure

Balshaw HAS to play, its like a karma thing...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    ddraver wrote:
    nah it was a set up by Ashton i'm sure

Balshaw HAS to play, its like a karma thing...

care to explain?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    I think ddraver was just having a joke about how Balsh keeps getting in the team against all the odds.

Pressure's on him now. The whole country think's he should be sat watching the game at home but Ashton has other ideas. I wonder if he'll repay his faith with a fine game and prove us all wrong. Yep....i doubt it too.
  • ddraver
    bang on Mr Mental

i hope so too (luckily i ll be flying at the time so have an excuse not to watch, should be better for my blood pressure!)
    - @ddraver
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    Well everyone, here we go again! c'mon Wales
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Indeed. Hopefully it'll be a good game.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    How was Bernard Jackman not yellow carded in the 74th min? It was worse than what Phillips did to get carded.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • redddraggon
    _44478268_williams416gi.jpg
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • ddraver
    How can one team choke so often.....

(interestingly the sun burst out of the cloud here in Llandudno as the whistle went.....)

i think (not i said think) the ref may have been working on the distinction that what jackman did was at least rucking out - totally pointless though i admit, wheras phillips and the other guy were both illegal cynical things, that and it was never going to make a difference to the end result, i reckon gatland has takena leaf out of Mouriniho's (sp?) book and practiced plying a man down

anyway 6 nations and grand slam to wales me thinks, lets just hope Blashaw totally balls this scotland game up and we never have to see him in a white shirt agin, that would be a positive for england to take awa from this.... :P
    - @ddraver
  • Mark Alexander
    Way to go Wales!
    OOne hell of a game!! why Bernard Jackman ran into Ryan Jones is beyond me. How stupid. It could have been a lot more
    not prety but effective rugby and un-missable. enthralling to watch

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • redddraggon
    _44478399_-3.jpg
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • ddraver
    never thought i'd say this - i hope england loose this
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    WHY DID ENGLAND WAIT 81 MINITUES TO RUN THE FUCKING BALL!!!!

I'm so fucking angry, i ve never felt this bad after watching a rugby game...never though i'd say this but Ashton, Wilkinson, Vianakolo, Vickery HAVE to go, they simply cannot ply rugby at the professional level at the moment
    - @ddraver
  • Horrah Wales for the triple crown! Wasn't the greatest game, but good to watch nonetheless and have to applaud Jackman for clinching the Irish loss. :lol:

And well England :lol:. Vainikolo looks like being another Andy Farrell. Congratulations to Wilkinson for being the record points scorer, but his pointless kicks cost them possession and handed the initiative back to the Scots. Those English forwards need to sort their discipline out too. Always trying to disrupt rucks and bending the rules as a result tsk tsk.
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    ire9.jpg

Coron driphlyg i Gymru!

A good day in the office.

And so unlucky for England :)
  • la la laa la la laaa la la laaa la la la laaa

The tactical nous of edwardes showed the way today, we snuffed out the irish forwards thrust against the wind, then ran round them when they were knackered. Ryan Jones had a massive game again, as did J Thomas. Once again the game was one by controlled forward welsh power, blimey isnt that a change! If this carries on, Shane williams will easily beat Campos record, and boy was that try of his another gem. Lesley Volcano? Andy Farrellalike maybe? To quote Ben Cohen from circa 2002 "Shane who?"...ha bloody ha!
  • ddraver
    Ireland don't deserve the credit but i think thats harsh on them -they did nt play at all today and they were england like in their ability to keep flooging a dead horse....teams this year have all seemed determined to play into wales's hands...i reckon its one of the easier grand slams they ll win

but why oh why did Ireland just let wales rcuk for the last 10 mins, YES you may give a penalty but NO you won't actually get the ball back doing that, and that was nt the only passage of similar play
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Ireland don't deserve the credit but i think thats harsh on them -they did nt play at all today and they were england like in their ability to keep flooging a dead horse....teams this year have all seemed determined to play into wales's hands...i reckon its one of the easier grand slams they ll win

but why oh why did Ireland just let wales rcuk for the last 10 mins, YES you may give a penalty but NO you won't actually get the ball back doing that, and that was nt the only passage of similar play

Or maybe that's what we'd like you all to think, or is it? Did the tree actually make a sound?: who gives a fck, it still fell over after all... :lol:
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    ddraver wrote:

Hang on, "easiest grand slam"? How do you work that out?
    Was this the same Ireland team that were fancied for the recent World Cup, the same England team that came runners up, The same France that got to semis having beaten favourites NZ, the same Scotland that reached QF's? How does this make it the easiest Grand Slam should they beat France?
    Wales are currently ranked 13th in rankings, below all the other 6 nations teams.
    Give credit where credit is due, Wales recoverred well against Englad when under the cosh, totally outplayed Scotland and Italt, then outplayed Ireland yesterday with 14 men for 20 minutes. They did not even put ona scrum half when Phillips was binned and still scored 3 points and retained the ball for 8 of the 10 minutes.
    Any team that wins the Grand Slam deserves it as it is very difficualt to win all games in the tournament.
    I think the Welsh team will really be up for it next week, though the French team will not really be under pressure as they are experimenting so will be dangerous and Edwards has to do his job this week to prepare the defence.
    I really hope they do it, to reward them for their effort this year after rubbish world cup and after being written off by all pundits before the 6 Nations started.
    Come on Wallllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees 8)
  • Mark Alexander
    ddraver wrote:

There is no such thing as an easy Grand Slam. We haven't won it yet either and whilst I'm at it, let's not tempt fate. Is it not possible that Wales have played in a way that steers the opposition into their hands?

• ddraver wrote:

There is no such thing as an easy Grand Slam. We haven't won it yet either and whilst I'm at it, let's not tempt fate. Is it not possible that Wales have played in a way that steers the opposition into their hands?

Exactly Mark (what I said but without the drunken flowery bllx :roll: )
  • Mark Alexander
    Hey Steve, 'drunken flowery" never, not at all. stone cold sober us cyclists!! LOL

• Mark Alexander
    Vive La Cymru!

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    What an abonimation of a match against the scottish... :x
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • heavymental
    Christ England were bad. I still feel angry about it now. Mainly because I don't understand how we can beat the French in their own backyard one day then completely fail to play the game the next. I thought Ashton could take us forward but there's some big question marks over his approach now. We looked clueless. Maybe his approach isn't suited to a team that is only together a few weeks of the year.

It looks like with Gatland and Edwards in charge, Wales have got themselves a good setup that can propel them upwards. I wonder if the RFU are kicking themselves for not snapping them up for England.
  • heavymental
    Wales looked very good btw. I thought it was a very mature and professional display from them. Coolheaded and comitted.

By the way, thanks for the Welsh for not rubbing it in here. As a resident of Wales for nearly 10 years I'm starting to reach the end of my tether with small minded racists making snide comments about the English. This weekend shortened it a little further. :roll:
  • noggincp
    noggincp Posts: 1,881
    Well done us Scots- saved Hadden's job for a wee whle anway :lol:

Good luck on Slam Wles- you deserve it :D
    <font>"Tongue sandwiches? Bleah! Eat what? But it\'s been in somebody else\'s mouth"</font>
  • Wales looked very good btw. I thought it was a very mature and professional display from them. Coolheaded and comitted.

By the way, thanks for the Welsh for not rubbing it in here. As a resident of Wales for nearly 10 years I'm starting to reach the end of my tether with small minded racists making snide comments about the English. This weekend shortened it a little further. :roll:

We can be a very irritating nation agreed. Some of the small minded parochialism in the valleys plumbs depths that would have Mark Twain shuddering with disbelief....then again, we have some of the most amazing culture and people. A bipolar nation for sure.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Wales looked very good btw. I thought it was a very mature and professional display from them. Coolheaded and comitted.

It works both ways :D
    I have been living in England for 10 years, the difference is that you have only had to put up with the goading for 2 out of 10 years, I have had to put up with it for 8 out of 10 :D
  • heavymental
    Well, its not just about the rugby is the problem. I get nasty comments just for being English. No witty banter or jocular goading. Just bitter idiots making comments that can only be considered racist. If I was black and was getting the same treatment I think it would be taken alot more seriously!