check out my ride....

Comments

• might be able to post my new ride soon - off tomorrow to size check a TREK. They have 54 & 56 and they have 1.2 & 1.5 and they have 58 1.7.

I want 1.2 because I'm not sure a 1.5 "not many spokes" wheels would be good for my 16st although I wouldn't mind the slightly higher spec. Maybe I could have a 1.5 and get them to change the wheels ?
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    the low spoke wheels will be fine!

I have an old trek pilot with the SSR aero wheels - they are the twinned-spoke design - it has been around for years and is very reliable. They will be stiffer and lighter than the ones on the 1.2 - don't worry about them!!
  • This is my favourite bike which I bought on the classifieds here.

It's a Gios Compact Pro with Chrome Forks.

Full Ultegra Groupset except for Ritchey Compact Pro V Cranks. Ultegra Hubs with Mavic CXP30 rims.

No carbon, no bling, just pure class.

dsc00005uc7.th.jpg

Edindevon
  • Nice lugs. Quill stem. I have not seen one of the those in ages! I used to have a Cinelli one and shined it so much I could see my face in it.
  • Ken Night
    Ken Night Posts: 2,005
    Edindevon wrote:
    This is my favourite bike which I bought on the classifieds here.

It's a Gios Compact Pro with Chrome Forks.

..... just pure class.

Edindevon

Yes, very nice
    “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best..." Ernest Hemingway
  • No pics of my new TREK 1.2 because I only ordered it this morning but it will look just like the one on the TREK site

[
    that didn't work quite as expected so let's try the smaller one

12e_black.jpg
  • mdg1157
    mdg1157 Posts: 222
    Think you'll be happy with it John.
    I've changed a few things on mine, longer stem (120mm) to replace the 90mm one it came with, and put my old mirage compact chainset on, can't get used to 53/39 again.
    are you getting the triple, or standard chainset on yours. I will get around to having the excess steerer removed eventually.
    Here's an updated pic of mine, 2 weeks old, only crashed once!!

2283623034_ecf138eecb.jpg
  • I went to look at the 1.2 because of the pics of your's - looked good with 'guards and seat pack.

I'm getting the triple (it's an age thing), leaving guards off untill I've done a few miles but they are fitting a light rear rack for me and a rack pack.

I have lost my sense completely - Bontrager do a carbon bottle cage in gloss black with red highlights and I'm having that when I collect the bike. OK so £30 for a bottle cage is ridiculous but my daughter talked me in to it yesterday. She also talked me in to paying for lunch so, all in all, an expensive trip out. I out fumbled her and she paid for her own computer for the TREK 4500WSD she bought herslef a couple of days ago but I did get caught to pay for her cage and bottle.
  • mdg1157
    mdg1157 Posts: 222
    Did you get a good deal on the bike?
    I wil be putting a light rack (from my old diamondback) on for a 3 day dales tour in June.
    Hope your £30 bottle cage hlods the bottles well!!
    Enjoy the bike when you get it, think you'll be surprised by the ride, I was
  • A picture taken with a proper camera this time.

I know Discovery is now completely yesteryear,but I think it still looks rather stylish :)

PICT0090.JPG
  • I have lost my sense completely - Bontrager do a carbon bottle cage in gloss black with red highlights and I'm having that when I collect the bike.

Ordered Thursday morning; lbs phoned Friday afternoon, bike has arrived, been checked, rack fitted; I collected Saturday morning, fitted my pedals, session on turbo to get position right.

OK OK common sense prevailed and I got a black placcy bottle cage for £7 instead of the £30 carbon jobbie.

Now second thoughts are raising their ugly heads - plastic weighs 48gm but the cf is only 26gm ! the difference in gms is about the same as the difference in £. Maybe I should stick with the placcy one and leave £23 at home when I go out for a ride ??

Actually, I no longer have the £23 because I spent £24 on an Altura Rack Pack instead.
  • this is my De rosa King XLight sad really, gone back to De rosa under warranty falling apart now waiting for the third time for a new one ... scary as customer realations is appaling, de-rosa.jpg
    Yea I'm getting on
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Fantastic looking bike Mercury.
  • PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    Mercury-10 wrote:
    this is my De rosa King XLight sad really, gone back to De rosa under warranty falling apart now waiting for the third time for a new one ... scary as customer realations is appaling, de-rosa.jpg

bit bland looking, you could have jazzed it up a bit !! :)
  • bit dull looking ! yea I know but hey Ive done my best, but....... they do not do this frame any more so I am looking to upgrade to the protos just paying a little extra but how on earth do you bling up a matt black frame, boring or what!!!!
    to be honest I would rather have my money back now and buy a pinarello prince now there's bling!
    Yea I'm getting on
  • bexley
    bexley Posts: 11
    nice bikes
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    The wheels need more stickers :)
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Mercury-10 wrote:
    this is my De rosa King XLight sad really, gone back to De rosa under warranty falling apart now waiting for the third time for a new one ... scary as customer realations is appaling, de-rosa.jpg

Good grief another one? De Rosa's quality control leaves something to be desired it seems these days, good luck with the outcome Mercury 10
  • bexley
    bexley Posts: 11
    cannondale six 13 wow where do i get one? bexle co maureen-white@sky.com
  • remy martin
    remy martin Posts: 121
    edited March 2008
    My Condor Leggero..Condor-Leggero-BR.jpg
  • My new Bianchi c2c 07 model. Rode it for the first time this morning and its amazing!!

2301601479_aee701981d.jpg
  • another two nice bikes where do the all come from? like the Bianchi its Italian and everyone and gods dog knows the name.
    Yea I'm getting on
  • Burton
    Burton Posts: 172
    Here's one from my stable - well this isn't mine but looks exactly the same!

b2.jpg[/img]
  • craigenty
    craigenty Posts: 960
    oh go on then here's mine.....

dolan08.jpg
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Looks good Craig - How do those Boras spin up?
    Brian B.
  • craigenty
    Brian B wrote:
    Looks good Craig - How do those Boras spin up?

You know what it is? I haven't ridden them yet :shock:

First race tomorrow morning and I've bottled it and put the Fulcrums on instead. it's going to be fast and furious and I'd be heartbroken if I broke them. (or if someone else broke them!)

The Stork looks Fantastic, George told me all about it.
  • brit66
    brit66 Posts: 350
    oh go on then here's mine.....

That gets my vote as the best looking bike on here.... so far anyway.
  • yup that dolan is a piece of art.

nice work

Gats
  • craigenty
    Wow, thanks for the comments guys. The blue Ultra decals were an idea blatantly pinched from legend Dave lloyd (thanks Dave) I'm not fully happy with them though and I might have them done again in a blue which better matches the blue on frame.

You won't believe the stick I've had for mixing Campag wheels with Dura Ace bits :shock: :shock:
  • HungryCol
    HungryCol Posts: 532
    rossgalway wrote:
    My new Bianchi c2c 07 model. Rode it for the first time this morning and its amazing!!

2301601479_aee701981d.jpg

She is a bute. I pandered after one for months and months but alas Mr Bank said "No!" :( Still, I'm beside myself with joy with my own 'dale Six13 8)
    Every winner has scars.
This discussion has been closed.