Specialized Pitch Reviews?...

Comments

• there is a post about the Eduro SL 2008 on here some guy has had a problem already with the seals failing!

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... 6#14646646

I thought about an Enduro! Get a Pitch instead....the satin bronze is awesome in the flesh!
  • thanks Steve, seems that there may be problems again this year. Very nervous about spending £1700 on a bike and the shocks going..! Will check out the Pitch pro this week in my local shop, haven't seen one yet.
  • dendron909 wrote:
    thanks Steve, seems that there may be problems again this year. Very nervous about spending £1700 on a bike and the shocks going..! Will check out the Pitch pro this week in my local shop, haven't seen one yet.

The distrubution of the Pitch is a bit hit and miss at the moment, the only people that have them are those that pre-ordered at the launch. All the spesh concept stores and Evans and you may find the odd dealer. the main shipment is getting here Jan 4th, thats when i'm picking mine up!
  • fishcake
    fishcake Posts: 107
    Just picked up my Pitch Comp Yesterday (Couldnt bring myself to buy a Brown bike)
    First impresions, well havent had chance to ride it off road yet but rode it on on my street last night, and must say the Hayes Stroker's are unbelievable, so much power, I have some J7's on my hardtail which are good but the Hayes are much better, wont know about the forks & shock untill i go off road so am going to take Friday off for a good play- probably Stainburn. I just love how the bike looks, the white Pikes look cool will give a more indepth review after a few proper rides but so far very pleased with my new bike.
    By the way I ordered this bike over 2 months ago :shock:

Fishcake :)
    You can never have too many bikes!
  • What are people's thoughts on the RP2 shock that comes with the Pitch Pro?

I've only seen a couple of reviews on mtbr.com's forum. I've had the pitch for a couple of weeks now and had no problems but I'm interested to see what long-term opinions people have...

cheers
  • How dose the Pitch compare to a 07 Giant Reign? Also will they be doing it frame only?

Cheers,

Andy.
  • Rich25
    Rich25 Posts: 231
    Im also enjoying this thread as its exactly what im going through at the moment.Didnt know much about the pitch but looks canny for the money.Anyone know anything about the GT Force 2?
  • fishcake wrote:
    Just picked up my Pitch Comp Yesterday (Couldnt bring myself to buy a Brown bike)
    First impresions, well havent had chance to ride it off road yet but rode it on on my street last night, and must say the Hayes Stroker's are unbelievable, so much power, I have some J7's on my hardtail which are good but the Hayes are much better, wont know about the forks & shock untill i go off road so am going to take Friday off for a good play- probably Stainburn. I just love how the bike looks, the white Pikes look cool will give a more indepth review after a few proper rides but so far very pleased with my new bike.

Any pics?
  • fishcake wrote:

Any pics?
  • fishcake
    Will try and post pics on Friday

Fishcake
  • Hey Guys

I'm going to get my Pitch 14th Jan, but can't make up my mind wheither to go Pro or Comp...

Comp looks nicer (which face it, is important!) but i don't know if there is that much of an improvment in the suspension, brakes, rims and tires.

Price difference is 300 euros, which i'd pay but i'm not that experenced and wondering if i'd even notice the difference?

What you reckon?

Simo
  • (see Above!)

Comp;
    All new M4 frame with double ORE downtube, sealed cartridge bearing pivots and 150mm travel
    X Fusion 02R rear shock with rebound adjust
    Rockshox Pike 327 fork with 140mm travel, coil U Turn, alloy steerer, rebound adjust and Maxle 360 included
    Hayes Stroker Ryde disc brakes
    Shimano M521 crankset, Hollowtech, Octalink spline
    Specialized Eskar Sport Tires, 26x2.3"

Pro;
    All new M4 frame with double ORE downtube, sealed cartridge bearing pivots and 150mm travel
    Fox RP2 rear shock, 2-position switch 1) ProPedal 2) full open, rebound adjust
    Rockshox Pike 351 fork with 140mm travel, coil U Turn, Motion Control damper, alloy steerer and Maxle 360 included
    Avid Juicy 3 SL hydraulic disc brakes with G2 Clean Sweep rotor
    SRAM X-9, mid cage rear derailleur
    Shimano M532 crankset, 2pc design

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkMode ... id=08Pitch
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Personally I think the Pro is worth the extra.

ProPedal on the shock, Motion Control on the forks, better brakes & gears.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Just got my Pitch PRO!

Too busy with it so will report back soon with some pics!
  • rob cole
    rob cole Posts: 706
    we are not stocking the Comp as for the extra £200 for the Pro you are getting a substantially better bike where it really matters - the suspension, wheels and crankset

a Fox RP2 shock instead of a "X Fusion" and a Pike 351 with Motion control damping instead of the cheap and nasty Pike 327 which doesn't have a high speed damper

a Shimano Hollowtech 2 crankset instead of Octalink

DT rims instead of Alex and a better set of tires on the Pro
    check out my riding - www.robcole.co.uk Banshee Factory Team rider, Da Kine UK Team rider, www.freeborn.co.uk www.eshershore.com
  • Whats the RRP of the Pitch Pro then? Either way I can see my LBS having it for €3-400 extra ¬_¬
  • Yea, so the Comp is €1900 the Pro is €2200 so 300 difference....

But if your going to €2200, then;
    The Stumpjumper FST COMP is only another €99 more...
    The FSR XC PRO is 200 cheaper...
    The Epic Comp is 200 more...

So if you were going to go with the Pitch Pro over the Pitch Comp, is it worth looking at the above bikes??
  • The 3 bikes you mention are all completely different bikes

The Stumpy is a great XC trail bike with not as much travel as the Pitch.

The Epic is a pure XC race/marathon bike that just would not cut it as well as a Pitch on the rocky/technical/DH, although they are light.

The FSC XC is a minimal XC trail bike, which isn't as well specced as the Pitch or Stumpy!

You need to ask yourself what sort of riding you will be doing! XC? Trail? DH?

The Pitch PRO will do all 3 at a great price!
  • Yea, the reason why i picked it, bit of everything, just tought i'd throw the question out there... Most of it will be XC and Trail...

Thanks, think the pro is the way to go... be a bummer to spend 1900 euros and allways wonder if an extra 15 percent of money (300) would have made a much better bike!

Simon
  • Will be riding my Pitch PRO tomorrow at Dalby! Will let you know how i get on!
  • fishcake
    I have now had two days on my Pitch comp @ Stainburn, and have to say this bike is fantastic every time i ride it or evan look at it I get a smile from ear to ear.

I can not fault the x-fusion rear shock it performed perfectly and whilst climbing in the sadle there was little to no pedal bob, although out of the sadle there was, but that is to be accepted and I bet you get that with the fox as well.

The pike is superb i didnt even notice there was no motion control and when climbing with the u turn wound down to 95mm there was hardly any bounce. On full travel the pike just eats rocks, and it gave me so much more confidence and this bike climbs like a mountain goat, there were many sections where my mates were pushing and I just flew up

The Hayes Strokers are absolutly awsome, I have a hardtail with J7's and the Hayes are so much better, so theres no way that the J3's are better. If you check on CRC the Hayes cost over £215 and the J3's are less then £100.

I am so glad i got the bike in the colour that i liked and didn't put up with a colour just to get a better spec, I only paid £1050 (cash discount) so I could still upgrade the forks if I wanted and still have spent less then the pro(I wouldnt change the brakes or the rear shock) .

I give this bike 10 outr of 10 and am very happy with it

Fishcake :D
  • fishcake wrote:
    I have now had two days on my Pitch comp @ Stainburn, and have to say this bike is fantastic every time i ride it or evan look at it I get a smile from ear to ear.

I can not fault the x-fusion rear shock it performed perfectly and whilst climbing in the sadle there was little to no pedal bob, although out of the sadle there was, but that is to be accepted and I bet you get that with the fox as well.

The pike is superb i didnt even notice there was no motion control and when climbing with the u turn wound down to 95mm there was hardly any bounce. On full travel the pike just eats rocks, and it gave me so much more confidence and this bike climbs like a mountain goat, there were many sections where my mates were pushing and I just flew up

The Hayes Strokers are absolutly awsome, I have a hardtail with J7's and the Hayes are so much better, so theres no way that the J3's are better. If you check on CRC the Hayes cost over £215 and the J3's are less then £100.

I am so glad i got the bike in the colour that i liked and didn't put up with a colour just to get a better spec, I only paid £1050 (cash discount) so I could still upgrade the forks if I wanted and still have spent less then the pro(I wouldnt change the brakes or the rear shock) .

You sound really pleased with your bike!

I still cant believe I have mine (it was 6 weeks early)

Personally I love the color of the Pro, I have changed the brakes to Juicy 7's with 203mm rotors also SRAM PG990/991.

You got a bargain with your Comp, they are both great bikes and am happy with spending the extra £200 to get the Fox RP2, Pikes with Motion Control and i LOVE the Satin Bronze.

Not been out yet, hoping to go Dalby tomorrow pending decent weather!
  • stevebrock wrote:
    fishcake wrote:

You sound really pleased with your bike!

I still cant believe I have mine (it was 6 weeks early)

Personally I love the color of the Pro, I have changed the brakes to Juicy 7's with 203mm rotors also SRAM PG990/991.

You got a bargain with your Comp, they are both great bikes and am happy with spending the extra £200 to get the Fox RP2, Pikes with Motion Control and i LOVE the Satin Bronze.

Not been out yet, hoping to go Dalby tomorrow pending decent weather!

Steve, how did you8 find the bike at Dalby, My stumpy comp was good on some bits but Dalby is a rock and rubble fest these days ( 2 weeks ago) How did the bike rate on this? It would be a good comparison for me. Cheers
    Want a club that knows the trails around Newcastle during the week and goes further every weekend of the month, rain hail sleet or shine?

www.newcastlemtb.org
    www.midaircrisis.co.uk
  • My Pitch at Dalby has surpassed all my expectations, there was not one section where the bike was out of its depth! It soaked everything up i threw at it. Turn the forks down to 95mm on climbs and it goes up as fast of my HT.
    I can ride sections so much faster than on my HT.

Overall VERY impressed, glad I went for one over the Stumpy 08 (though there superb bikes)
  • My Pitch at Dalby has surpassed all my expectations, there was not one section where the bike was out of its depth! It soaked everything up i threw at it. Turn the forks down to 95mm on climbs and it goes up as fast of my HT.
    I can ride sections so much faster than on my HT.

Overall VERY impressed, glad I went for one over the Stumpy 08 (though there superb bikes)
  • Cool, think i'll go with the pro, still not sure on the colour? have you any pictures of yours?
  • http://www.flickr.com/photos/8739346@N0 ... 283464559/

take a look on there! It looks a bit dark on there as i used no flash!

The colour is awesome, i love it, it looks a lot lighter in the sun.

When you see one in the flesh you will not be disappointed!

Planning to do some pics at weekend if the sun is out!
  • Gah, I keep deciding that the pitch is overkill for me but every time I come in here I really want one :(