Comments

• RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    <<<<<<<< And come on guys you need to jion in on the festive spirit
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    RussAlf wrote:

What are you doing with the grease? :shock: :shock: :shock:

i was under the impression that it helped make the seat post go in without scratches ( i hate ruining the black finish :roll: )

RussAlf wrote:

my bikes red what more could you want :P i may paint a white strip at the bottom if that helps :wink:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Done :wink:

PS found this site to resize your pics http://resizepic.com/
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    RussAlf wrote:
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<There you go

Bluddy hell! I haven't posted here for at least 5 pages :shock:

Am I alowed to mention that I haven't got any picture of a fat me? Or shall I get busy with Gimp, just to make me feel part of the "FatMTBers"? :wink:
  • impished wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:

Am I alowed to mention that I haven't got any picture of a fat me? Or shall I get busy with Gimp, just to make me feel part of the "FatMTBers"? :wink:
    I wondered where you'v been :wink: You up for a ride on Wednesday?

Had a bloody good ride with Kent_Trails today, and i have decided i actually enjoy riding in the mud :shock: My back tyre is prety shot and i was well enjoying sliding it round the tight corners :D I was going to get a mud tyre for the back, but i think i will stick with HR's. And in answer to your question Russ, Blean is VERY muddy, but it has been much worse!
  • Just so Ade and Russ dont feel left out.
    pbpic2765953.jpg

Sorry got carried away with You Ade............

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    LOL
    Cheers Mark. I think my jaw looks quote manly in that pic.
    BTW, you owe me a new keyboard Mark. Coffee+keyboard=cross missus (again :roll: )

Andy: I'm gonna try to drag my fat(ter) ass out today. I'm gonna try to be there for the Wednesday ride too. I must confess I had to buy a thermal baselayer and a Buff cos the lung fulls of cold air knocks me out after.
  • RussAlf
    Very good Mark!! i feel so much happier, looking at that pic does scare me, perhaps i should start eating a bit better now!

Hi Ade! long long time no see!

Good work with the Avatars!! much more festive.
  • RussAlf
    impished wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:

Had a bloody good ride with Kent_Trails today, and i have decided i actually enjoy riding in the mud :shock: My back tyre is prety shot and i was well enjoying sliding it round the tight corners :D I was going to get a mud tyre for the back, but i think i will stick with HR's. And in answer to your question Russ, Blean is VERY muddy, but it has been much worse!

Oi Humbug change your avatar. You enjoy riding in mud? coming from the person who has a billion mudguards on his bike :lol: Did you not have your spare set of trailraikers tyres in your bag?

Im sorry andy, i seem to be bullying you recently, please feel free to dish it back.
  • RussAlf
    Mark reacted badly to his steroid treatment.
    pbpic2517010-vi.jpg
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    edited December 2008
    RussAlf wrote:
    impished wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:

Oi Humbug change your avatar. You enjoy riding in mud? coming from the person who has a billion mudguards on his bike :lol: Did you not have your spare set of trailraikers tyres in your bag?

Im sorry andy, i seem to be bullying you recently, please feel free to dish it back.
    Avatar, done! I'v been watching too much Gordon Ramsey :)

If you have a look around next time you'r out you will notice that virtually EVERYONE is running at least a front Crud Catcher, and those that don't (you) are silly and obviousely enjoy scraping 10 tones of crap out of their eyes or slamming into trees because their MASSIVE stupid looking glasses are cakeed in an inch of mud :wink::lol:

Seariousely though, i don't know how you can ride without a front guard. I rode yours 50 yards in Afan and my face was covered. In 27 miles in the thick mud yesterday i didn't get one speck of mud on my face :D Anyway, downhillers came up with the one on the forks, so that makes them cool eh?
  • RussAlf wrote:
    pbpic2517010-vi.jpg
    Ha ha nice one :lol:
  • RussAlf wrote:
    pbpic2517010-vi.jpg

Ha Ha very good. Prob better than a full face helmet....dont know about the vison though :wink:

• Now Ades come out off the wood work, Nicks buggered of.... and BMJboy?? :lol:

Ade your not a Axe murderer are YOU...........AARGGGhhhhhh

If Andys not on here wednesday night im calling the police :lol:

• pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    <<<<<Sorted!

Don't worry guys - I'm back!! Have been living it up in London this weekend so i'm now officially broke! Went to a club last night where they played everything from the Killers to Elvis! Good times...

Great work losing that weight Mark. Loving those other pics too, v funny!

Should be on for a Wednesday ride - might be a good turnout this week :D
  • Legless
    Legless Posts: 119
    I'm game for Wednesday, just got back from a very pleasant jaunt round Blean in the dark, thanks to Nick and Paul for showing me around the other day, managed to do the route in the dark without getting lost, which was a bloody miracle. Wasn't too muddy either. Failed in my ride round Chilham way as my map reading wasn't brilliant and then it started to get dark and i had to get up to London. There is a bit on that route that gave me no less than 4 punctures last time and yesterday gave me one, some farmer has chopped up a load of hawthorn bushes and left the remnants all across this one bit of the trail, it is the section just before the heading on the road towards the mount. It was super muddy too and a bit crap.

Three rides in three days, might even be able to keep up come Wednesday!
  • impished
    Ouch... just had my 1st ice fall :cry: going round a corner near home, looking at all the chavvy xmas decs. Next minute I'm "doing a Nick" and slowly sliding along on my hip & pedal powerlessly waiting for a gritter to come and squash me :shock: (I survived, BTW)

Puff, 3 weeks of the bike really has set me back, pant.

Did see 5 LED's riding up a hill as I was on the way home, so there might be some decent riding near my way after all :roll:
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    impished wrote:
    Next minute I'm "doing a Nick"

Cheeky git :lol:

Ouch indeed though, sounds painful. That'll teach you not to ride on the roads ;)
  • pittpony wrote:
    <<<<<Sorted!

Don't worry guys - I'm back!! Have been living it up in London this weekend so i'm now officially broke! Went to a club last night where they played everything from the Killers to Elvis! Good times...

Great work losing that weight Mark. Loving those other pics too, v funny!

Should be on for a Wednesday ride - might be a good turnout this week :D
    Sweeeet :D I might be a bit slow though as i am back to a 32 tooth middle ring again, as the 38 is more wobbly than a very wobbly thing, and the chain has about 4 bent links :roll: Ordered a new cassette and have a new chain in the garage so hopefully it will get here in time.
  • RussAlf
    Dont worry Andy ive bought front and rear mud guards, hopefully arriving tomorrow.
  • stevet1992
    Penshurst was amazing :D

4x was amazing :shock: i built up my confidence on the jumps (i know i shouldnt of been attempting them on my bike :twisted: ) quite big jumps especially the bridge jump

they have even built a small (so easy) north shore section

now looking at a full sus :roll: much better then the rockhopper i was looking at :twisted:

hope you guy had a good ride 8)

• impished
    RussAlf wrote:
    Dont worry Andy ive bought front and rear mud guards, hopefully arriving tomorrow.
    Did you go for guards.jpg these beauties in the end Russ?
  • RussAlf
    impished wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:

No but they are very similar to them, will post pics when done :lol:
  • RussAlf wrote:
    impished wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:

No but they are very similar to them, will post pics when done :lol:
    Simalar to those? :shock: I am assuming they are for your fold up then?
  • stevet1992 wrote:
    Penshurst was amazing :D

4x was amazing :shock: i built up my confidence on the jumps (i know i shouldnt of been attempting them on my bike :twisted: ) quite big jumps especially the bridge jump

they have even built a small (so easy) north shore section

now looking at a full sus :roll: much better then the rockhopper i was looking at :twisted:

hope you guy had a good ride 8)

Lol the bridge jump is great, terrifying, but great none the less. I remember the first time I hit it, don't think I've ever been so high, sure as hell wasnt expecting it! If I remember rightly the last jump before hitting the corners is the furthest distance, only once did I manage to clear that completely.

What about the downhill? DId you try that?
  • stevet1992
    Papa Smurf wrote:
    [

Lol the bridge jump is great, terrifying, but great none the less. I remember the first time I hit it, don't think I've ever been so high, sure as hell wasnt expecting it! If I remember rightly the last jump before hitting the corners is the furthest distance, only once did I manage to clear that completely.

What about the downhill? DId you try that?

i 'tried' to do the bridge jump i think as close as i got was hanging up the back wheel (scared the crap right out of me :lol: ) there is now 2 jumps before you hit the bridge then 3 jumps before you hit the massive bowl corner

yeh i did the 45 foot road gap i swear :wink: naa the downhill was covered in sh*t.

really i think a FS would have been much better down there :lol: felt so out of place everyone else with 203mm travel forks disk rotors the size of a wheel and full faces on :twisted:

• RussAlf
    :cry:

DSC00142-vi.jpg
    DSC00140-vi.jpg

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • RussAlf wrote:
    :cry:

DSC00142-vi.jpg
    DSC00140-vi.jpg

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Oh Crap! Is that on the rocker plate? Should be covered by the warrentee, i mean you haven't been doing any REALY big drops. Nothing the frame wasn't designed for anyway!
  • RussAlf
    Yup on the mount for the rocker linkage plate.
  • What sort of warentee do you have? Send those pictures off to Merlin(?) and the UK importers, they should definately change it under warentee. I mean the stuff you have been riding is EXACTLY what it was made for. Have you heard of any other 55's cracking?