XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    17st in a year!

Hmm donno about you but I would rather look at one between a womans legs than one where a mans neck should be :D
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    breezer wrote:
    17st in a year!

Hmm donno about you but I would rather look at one between a womans legs than one where a mans neck should be :D

now now remember there are minors around :wink:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • breezer
    I live in Hastings. The local Tescos is full up of 13yr old's with their children and <30yr old Grandmothers. I believe the min age for this forum is 13 therefore I see no issue :lol:
  • stevet1992
    breezer wrote:
    I live in Hastings. The local Tescos is full up of 13yr old's with their children and <30yr old Grandmothers. I believe the min age for this forum is 13 therefore I see no issue :lol:

haha you havent been to stanhope :roll:

• stevet1992 wrote:
    breezer wrote:
    17st in a year!

now now remember there are minors around :wink:

If there are any miners around can i borrow the torch from your hard hat to go night riding :lol::wink:
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • stevet1992
    deadpool2e wrote:

If there are any miners around can i borrow the torch from your hard hat to go night riding :lol::wink:

sorry i already called dibs :wink:

• Bmjboy wrote:
    Your turn Nick :lol:

I actually don't mind showing my fat pics. Every time i look at them it's added motivation to get out on the bike on a cold wet evening when i feel i can't be arsed :)

Christ Andy! - You are my inspiration! :lol:

That's taken you how long to get where you are now?

You're right, I need to set a fixed regime, but as I said I need to really get out of my comfort zone to force me to ride (during the darker months).

I had a great regime of doing BBH twice a week with 1 road ride inbetween "pre-Afan" and it worked, I so need to get back to that routine, but my mate with the lights doesnt want to ride mid-week during winter, and my other mate rob doesnt have the funds to buy a decent lighting rig (essentially, Im not riding BBH on my own! :shock: )

I may try and convince my non riding buddy to hand his lights over to the one who wants to ride!!
    Ah shucks, no one's ever said that to me before :D Well i started riding off road in about April 07 at about 15st 8, and by September i was down to 13st and normal on the BMI chart for the first time since i was about 5 :shock: I now hover between 12 1/2 and 13st as i have been a bit lazy of late and haven't been out as much as last year, and occasionally my diet sometimes goes a bit crap.
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Well - here goes! When I saw this picture i decided I HAD to lose weight and started up at the gym again. I'm lucky in that i can lose weight quite easily but i also put it on quickly if i'm not careful - i was well over 13 stone here. When this was taken I'd just finished uni, moved to Canterbury, had a good job and steady relationship and had got a bit lazy - eating and drinking far too much and only playing a little bit of footie. This was actually my first bike ride for years but you can see my old British Eagle rigid bike half in shot. I didn't ride it again for years after that too :(

3085170080_9b6ab8dfe4.jpg
    3084333187_64f71f5e1f.jpg

After i got down to a sensible weight i eased off the gym a bit but i stayed around 11 stone give or take a bit. Fitness wise biking has made a huge difference as now i'm about 10 1/2 to 11 stone but have much more muscle definition than i ever did, although when i used the gym more often i could lift heavier weights than i can now.

This is a more recent pic for comparison, lol

n697115283_4825817_8136.jpg

I feel like i should be at fat fighters with al these 'before and after' pics... :lol:
  • lol nice one! That second picture don't look too flattering :shock: Looking at you now i assumed you were always realy fit. I pissed myself at the last pic, it almost looks like you are posing :wink: Where was it taken?

Is anyone riding next weekend? I have to work either Saturday or Sunday. Anyone fancy Swinley or Surry?
  • pittpony
    Lol neither pic is very flattering!! The last one was taken at the Peak District - down by Ladybower reservoir. And yeah they were posed - we all have similar ones but i'm not sure why we took them
  • pittpony
    I might be able to ride on Saturday but i have a couple of friends staying over on Friday night so it won't be a really early one. I'll know more after the weekend as i'm seeing the guys in London tomorrow so will find out what their plans are. I also want to get back for Saturday evening as i think i'm out in town but that shouldn't be a problem with the evenings drawing in so early at this time of year. BBH would actually suit me better but i could probably manage further afield

Like i say i'll let you know
  • pittpony wrote:
    I might be able to ride on Saturday but i have a couple of friends staying over on Friday night so it won't be a really early one. I'll know more after the weekend as i'm seeing the guys in London tomorrow so will find out what their plans are. I also want to get back for Saturday evening as i think i'm out in town but that shouldn't be a problem with the evenings drawing in so early at this time of year. BBH would actually suit me better but i could probably manage further afield

Like i say i'll let you know
    Yeah i told him as i am not supposed to be working and just helping out my riding is my priority, and i'll let him know Thursday or Friday.
  • breezer
    rofl at the u lock, all that weight :P

Im off to the downs on Sunday up above Eastbourne, into Friston for a bit etc, presuming my legs hold up...
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    fatfighters1710_468x386.jpg
  • stevet1992
    as they are all sharing fat pics, is that you before russ :shock:

:lol: i joke i joke

that had to be the worse series of little britain ever

• pittpony
    I've still got that lock Breezer - it stays at work for when i commute. Fortunately the bike storage is behind security controlled perimeter fences so i don't have to worry about any unwanted attention! As you can see from the pics at the time the weight of the lock wasn't really a concern compared to the weight of the rest of me ;)

Love the pic Russ - just what i was thinking of!
  • RussAlf wrote:
    fatfighters1710_468x386.jpg

Russ please dont post any pics of me unless i give you permision.

Will get my fat(er) pics up at some point if i can get my fat ass of the sofa and fight my way through all the beer cans and crisp packets :wink::wink:

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • Legless
    Legless Posts: 119
    Dust, dust, High in fat low in fat... That's right it's low in fat, you can eat as much dust as you like...

Back to biking went out in the woods last night with three of the Tesco lamps, they were pretty good, was totally rideable, I wouldn't say they turned night into day but two on the bars and one on the head made it more than bright enough to ride fairly quick. The mud was the worst bit, it was a quagmire in there!

I thought i would be freaking out cause of the monsters, ghosts and vampires but it didn't bother me in the slightest and i loved every minute of it. So this week if you ride Wednesday i'll be the dimly lit one at the back getting eaten by woodland terrors.

Anyone out today, gonna do the Chilham loop from the Kent Trails site, reckon it might be pretty muddy though!

And back to weight loss, well done guys for losing so much, Nick having met you i could never have believed you were ever any different!
  • RussAlf
    2 pics from yesterdays sloppy muddy ride, surrey hills are pretty bad i would hate to think what its like at BBH or Blean at the moment guys

DSC00133-vi.jpg
    DSC00139-vi.jpg

Andy and Nick, i am amazed at how different you two look now that really is very good work, well done. I kinda understand now andy how you have your slight obsession with fitness/weight loss.
  • Right well heres my fat pic
    pbpic2763115.jpg

Was nearly 18 stone there, i am now about 14 and a half idealy i would like to lose another stone but all that yummy food at Christmas is not going to help.

Nick in your "fat pic" at the Zoo, you look like a Bouncer :D

• RussAlf
    What a difference Mark thats some aheivment, i cant actually beleive it looking at a before and after.
    pbpic2763115.jpg
    DSC_0503-vi.jpg

DSC_0546-vi.jpg
    Got your comment mark, doo itttt..
  • RussAlf
    edited December 2008
    stevet1992 wrote:
    as they are all sharing fat pics, is that you before russ :shock:

:lol: i joke i joke

that had to be the worse series of little britain ever

I feel left out so heres my before and after:

First ride down to the park, brand new bike.
    DSC00018-vi.jpg

and me now

DSC00851-vi.jpg

Yes sorry no difference... well my legs are much bigger.

Ive been lucky i guess, ive never had to watch what i eat or check my weight, i fear it will someday catch up on me though. I have always been active since i was a wee little one, i was the kid out doing the sport than playing it on the games console. Im only 26 so it can still catch up on me.
  • breezer
    I refuse to post photos of myself on the grounds that you will all die laughing. I need to lose a stone but beer tastes to good :(

Put some new pads in my Hopes today before tomorrows ride. Went up and down the road bedding them in as per normal but the rear was having none of it, took them back out to find it had completly broken up, whole chunks missing from it?! old ones back in now.........!

Still not as bad as my friend before who actually had the entire pad surface rip off leaving just the plate section!
  • RussAlf wrote:
    What a difference Mark thats some aheivment, i cant actually beleive it looking at a before and after.
    pbpic2763115.jpg
    DSC_0503-vi.jpg

DSC_0546-vi.jpg
    Holy crap, that is a huge difference :shock: Did you loose it all just by biking, or did you dabble in the jim too?

Russ- Yeah once you start you kinda have to get a bit obsessive about it, or the weight will just pile on again. I still realy like my food and am frequently temted to eat utter crap again, espesially after a ride when i sometimes eat as much calories as i burnt off, which is probably why i haven't lost any more for months :roll:
  • breezer
    I just ate a whole pizza and washing it down with pringles and beer :D:(
  • RussAlf
    breezer wrote:
    I just ate a whole pizza and washing it down with pringles and beer :D:(

Im at work all day and ive eaten half a packet of custard creams.
  • stevet1992
    suspension seat post £18 (down from £30), teflon bike grease £5, the thrills of laughter as i ride over bumps still being able to feel my nuts ..... priceless :wink:

got a suspension seatpost today guys :D you wouldnt of realised from that ^^ :roll:

:shock: some of these before and after pictures amazing guys well done 8)

i still need to lose a few kg 6 ft 5 and weigh 94kg :shock: im not sure if thats good or bad :lol:

• RussAlf wrote:

Holy crap, that is a huge difference :shock: Did you loose it all just by biking, or did you dabble in the jim too?

Russ- Yeah once you start you kinda have to get a bit obsessive about it, or the weight will just pile on again. I still realy like my food and am frequently temted to eat utter crap again, espesially after a ride when i sometimes eat as much calories as i burnt off, which is probably why i haven't lost any more for months :roll:

Cheers guys, my Dad was diagnosed with heart disease and heart problems are hereditary in my family so I decided I had to do something about it.

Andy yes all done through Cycling :D
    Between us 3 we have lost the same weight as Russ (probably) :lol:

• RussAlf
    deadpool2e wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:

Cheers guys, my Dad was diagnosed with heart disease and heart problems are hereditary in my family so I decided I had to do something about it.

Andy yes all done through Cycling :D
    Between us 3 we have lost the same weight as Russ (probably) :lol:

Cant think of a better reason to buy a new bike so you can continue the healthly life style. I dont see why you dont buy a decent commuter bike aswel, it would make your ride to work much more enjoyable.
  • RussAlf
    stevet1992 wrote:
    suspension seat post £18 (down from £30), teflon bike grease £5, the thrills of laughter as i ride over bumps still being able to feel my nuts ..... priceless :wink:

got a suspension seatpost today guys :D you wouldnt of realised from that ^^ :roll:

:shock: some of these before and after pictures amazing guys well done 8)

i still need to lose a few kg 6 ft 5 and weigh 94kg :shock: im not sure if thats good or bad :lol:

What are you doing with the grease? :shock: :shock: :shock: