XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• anyone up for a thursday daytime ride at Blean, or can point me in the right direction. Me and a mate are looking for somewhere different to ride. Our local rides are cobham, north downs, merriworth woods, ightham etc. any ideas or directions appreciated
  • paulf2007 wrote:
    anyone up for a thursday daytime ride at Blean, or can point me in the right direction. Me and a mate are looking for somewhere different to ride. Our local rides are cobham, north downs, merriworth woods, ightham etc. any ideas or directions appreciated

I've got thursday off work and if its in the morning i'll be more than up for going around blean. Just wonder if anyone else is up for it.
  • thats great chrisCUK, what time did you have in mind and where, we will be coming from Gravesend, so not at the crack of dawn would be nice.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Hi

I am new here, I tried some of the sections of Bedgebury at the weekend, and even though some places were frozen, (when I got there it was still -1c), some were very muddy, though had a very good laugh, even though I made a slight map reading error, and took off up the singletrack from the family trail the wrong way lol.

I will have to meet up with some of you the next time your are a Bedgebury, or maybe catch you at Blean.

Steve
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Sounds good SBezza. I'm sure we'll be venturing out again soon.
    Good to see so many new names/faces from the area 8)
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Anyone up for a night ride on Wednesday at Blean this week? 6.45 at Rough Common??
  • impished
    Wednesday 18:45 sounds good. Put a tick next to Impished on the register :wink:

Anyone else? (remember, ALL welcome)
  • SBezza wrote:
    Hi

I am new here, I tried some of the sections of Bedgebury at the weekend, and even though some places were frozen, (when I got there it was still -1c), some were very muddy, though had a very good laugh, even though I made a slight map reading error, and took off up the singletrack from the family trail the wrong way lol.

I will have to meet up with some of you the next time your are a Bedgebury, or maybe catch you at Blean.

Steve

I too was at Bedgebury this weekend. Me and a couple of mates went on Saturday
    I took some pics and did a write up on another forum. just look at how mucky it was.
    http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showpost ... ostcount=1

As for a night ride, I'm waiting on some spare parts for the bike to come from ChainReactionCycles. If they come in time i'll be up for it, if not, well no :)

As for thursday I have no idea on time really. Could meet at 11ish, then ride for a hour or two. If its like it was a couple of weekends back its still pretty boggy. Not as bad as bedgebury though!
  • chrisCUK 11am sounds good, where is a good place to meet?
  • pittpony
    ChrisCUK wrote:
    I too was at Bedgebury this weekend. Me and a couple of mates went on Saturday
    I took some pics and did a write up on another forum. just look at how mucky it was.
    http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showpost ... ostcount=1

As for a night ride, I'm waiting on some spare parts for the bike to come from ChainReactionCycles. If they come in time i'll be up for it, if not, well no :)

As for thursday I have no idea on time really. Could meet at 11ish, then ride for a hour or two. If its like it was a couple of weekends back its still pretty boggy. Not as bad as bedgebury though!
    CRC tend to be pretty quick so hope you can make it on Wednesday!

Some bits of Blean are quite muddy but its all rideable. Went out yesterday and managed to find a good long route avoiding most of the mud :D
  • I have a fear i'm going to be knackerd going out on wednesday AND thursday.

I'm only doubtful that i'll be receiving my spare chain. All my other bits and bobs i've ordered should be with me tomorrow.

As long as someone has a chain breaker tool incase my chain snaps again i'll be fine.
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    I have just taken delivery of a shiny red new Inbred 456 frame that I have been waiting on for two months! Decided to get one after seeing someone at Bedgebury on the ride I did with your before, it was Lost something or was it deadpool or other heh, forget his full name on here! Anyway, building this up tonight/tomorrow so I have a hack bike again, fed up cleaning the full sus after each ride grrso have been avoiding Bedgebury and I went into Friston last week which turned into a farce with the rear wheel locked 4 times due to the sticky clay mud!

Although I am also walking wounded after a couple of crashes on saturday up Rotherfield although I still managed to ride the most technical rocky downhill I have ever done in my life so was quite happy:)
  • breezer
    Those Bedgebury photos look good. yes its muddy but hardly any on your frames as it looks like wet mud unlike the friston superglue stuff! I dont mind the wet stuff

I did Gorrick first Spring series race 2 weekends back up in Surrey which was brilliant as only the fireroads had some mud, all the singletrack was bone dry due to a sandy base which was such a change after months of mud!
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    My bike wasn't too bad, just mainly around the BB, couldn't see the front deruialler. I think I looked worse than the bike.

I only did a very small part of it as well, going to do a full lap next time, as it was so much fun.
  • So people, where would we be meeting on wednesday.

when i went to the blean woods the carpark said it was closed at night. saying that i know there are lots of "blean woods" as they all merge.
  • pittpony
    I have a chain breaker tool and spare powerlink which you can have in the event of an emergency :wink:

We usually meet here on the road at the turning to the car park track (Ross gardens - you can see it if you zoom in on the map). You can park here any time
  • impished wrote:
    Wednesday 18:45 sounds good. Put a tick next to Impished on the register :wink:

Anyone else? (remember, ALL welcome)

Me too :D

Andy.
  • breezer wrote:
    I have just taken delivery of a shiny red new Inbred 456 frame that I have been waiting on for two months! Decided to get one after seeing someone at Bedgebury on the ride I did with your before, it was Lost something or was it deadpool or other heh, forget his full name on here!)

Tis me:
    mycommute005.jpg

Paul
  • I can't do the wednesday ride but will be doing the Kent-Trails one weather permitting. 18:00 at the uni sports ground carpark on thursday eve.
  • breezer
    ah yes. Pikes going on mine as well so will look quite similar heh
  • breezer wrote:
    ah yes. Pikes going on mine as well so will look quite similar heh

'Fraid not, I've just put fox floats on mine as the pikes are now on my commencal!
  • breezer
    heh bit off topic but which ones are they? The 2008 ones? I was thinking of some of them when I change my full suser which currently has some Talas X's on it
  • pittpony
    Any more takers for tomorrow night, 6.45pm, Blean - Rough Common? So far we have Impished, Andyturner28, possibly ChrisCUK and of course me :)

All welcome!
  • impished
    Gonna be mighty windy tomorrow guys :shock: , but I'm still game for a laugh.
  • I'm most probably out of the runnings for tomorrow night. We will have to see. I know where you guys meet so i'll either be there or wont ;) (i'm not too decisive) - oh and the wind is a right pain in the butt. My short journey home from work involves only uphill bits, the wind tonight was a complete pain in the backside.

As for the day time ride on thursday. I'll be there. I'm still waiting for some stuff from CRC. They cancelled my order once then they claim they had problems with my credit card. Hopefully it'll be at my work thursday morning for me to pick up en-route

If i'm there .. this will be me

IMG_8977.JPG
  • impished wrote:
    Gonna be mighty windy tomorrow guys :shock: , but I'm still game for a laugh.

Wind shouldn't be too bad as it is quite sheltered in the woods, just riding there and back will be a pain in the ass. Just hope it dosn't rain as well! Of more concern is the fact that Blean is a bog again. I forgot to put my front mudguard on last night and must have eaten a ton of mud. And it tasted bloody horrible!

Andy.
  • For those interested in whats happening at Bedgebury.

http://www.boarsonbikes.co.uk/id19.html
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    ANDYTURNER wrote:
    Wind shouldn't be too bad as it is quite sheltered in the woods, just riding there and back will be a pain in the ass...
    Yeah, the wind has dropped since yesterday :P
    We could just ride Crab & Winkle if you guys don't wanna get up-to-the-eyes in mud. Have a think, and we'll decide where we're gonna ride later.

Right, better find my batteries at lunch-time :roll:
  • pittpony
    Wind shouldn't be too bad as it is quite sheltered in the woods, just riding there and back will be a pain in the ass. Just hope it dosn't rain as well! Of more concern is the fact that Blean is a bog again. I forgot to put my front mudguard on last night and must have eaten a ton of mud. And it tasted bloody horrible!

Andy.
    Yeah I don't envy your trip over from Whitstable! I don't think rain is forecast tonight but weather.co.uk has changed its mind about 5 times in the last 24 hours :roll: Think of it as character building eh? :wink:
    deadpool2e wrote:
    For those interested in whats happening at Bedgebury.

http://www.boarsonbikes.co.uk/id19.html
    Cheers for that. I'm hoping to get to Bedgebury on Monday (day off :D ) if anyone would like to join me?
  • pittpony
    impished wrote:
    Yeah, the wind has dropped since yesterday :P
    We could just ride Crab & Winkle if you guys don't wanna get up-to-the-eyes in mud. Have a think, and we'll decide where we're gonna ride later.

Right, better find my batteries at lunch-time :roll:
    Thought you couldn't get enough of the mud Ade? :wink:

Not sure where you went yeasterday Andy but i did a route on Sunday that was *mostly* mud free. It was a combination of singletrack and fireroads.

We can decide later anyway...