XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• ChrisCUK wrote:
    Currently the ultrafires are set up in a VERY naff fashion on my helmet. They give 3 very bright spots wherever i'm looking. When i say naff i mean that they are secured via tie wraps. They're good enough but i'm sure i could make it better
    quote]

You should see my helmet cam mount....... :shock:

Any way is everyone still up for saturday at blean (rough common) car park @ 14:00??
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    Deadpool2e wrote:
    Your helmet has been discussed many times on this forum along with GiantAlkali's famous nuts :lol:

Yeah, I'm gonna stroll down there for 2.
    I 'spose the good thing with Blean is, if Kent-Trails, et al, leave me floundering too much, I can always sneak off back to the car park :wink:
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    deadpool2e wrote:
    ChrisCUK wrote:
    Currently the ultrafires are set up in a VERY naff fashion on my helmet. They give 3 very bright spots wherever i'm looking. When i say naff i mean that they are secured via tie wraps. They're good enough but i'm sure i could make it better
    quote]

Any way is everyone still up for saturday at blean (rough common) car park @ 14:00??
    I won't be out with Kent Trails :( Might make it out at some point with my gf on Saturday but depends on hangovers etc :oops:
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    Think i am off the bike for a week or two :evil: When i got home from the Monday evening ride last week my thumb realy hurt, and the next morning my wrist was swollen up too. I thought it was getting better untill yesterday, and it f*****g kills now! Think it is just a pulled or sprained muscle, but i have no idea how it happened. I am realy hoping it will be ok for Sunday's ride with Kent Trails.

Lost time- I'll let you know as early as possible on Saturday, i might go down the hospital first thing to get it looked at. Bloody typical, every time i arrange a ride with you guys.....first me ancle, now me wrist, what next!

Andy.
  • Hey mate - I am up in Ramsgate most weekends so not far from you and I too find it hard to get any of my mates out of the pub - can't do 15/16 and I am REALLY struggling with fitness (on a diet and road riding at the moment to get stamina etc back up)

But it's something I would be very interested in a month or so.......

:D
  • pittpony
    Not another injury Andy?! Anyone would think you've been overdoing it ;) Hope its on the mend quickly!

Hi Cheesey. I shouldn't worry too much about fitness as our usual rides aren't that quick. Or at least not when i come along anyway ;)
  • andyturner28
    andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
    pittpony wrote:
    Not another injury Andy?! Anyone would think you've been overdoing it ;) Hope its on the mend quickly!

Hi Cheesey. I shouldn't worry too much about fitness as our usual rides aren't that quick. Or at least not when i come along anyway ;)

I probably have been overdoing it :oops: Over the last 365 days i have probably ridden more than 330 of them, and a lot of people say i have lost too much weight too quickly as well. I mean most people take several years to loose 4 stone, and i have done it in 9 months! I'm not realy bragging.......much, but several akes and pains have cropped up lately so maybe i should rest on my laurals and take it easy for a while, except for riding with you guys of course, last weeks ride was bloody good fun!

Andy.

• Lost time- I'll let you know as early as possible on Saturday, i might go down the hospital first thing to get it looked at. Bloody typical, every time i arrange a ride with you guys.....first me ancle, now me wrist, what next!

Andy.

No worries Andy. Just post on here or txt me to confirm if you're riding. Hope it's not too bad an injury.

Paul
  • pittpony
    pittpony wrote:

I probably have been overdoing it :oops: Over the last 365 days i have probably ridden more than 330 of them, and a lot of people say i have lost too much weight too quickly as well. I mean most people take several years to loose 4 stone, and i have done it in 9 months! I'm not realy bragging.......much, but several akes and pains have cropped up lately so maybe i should rest on my laurals and take it easy for a while, except for riding with you guys of course, last weeks ride was bloody good fun!

Andy.
    4 stone in 9 months?! Sure you weren't fishing for compliments but good work mate! 330 days out of 365 really is a lot of riding though!
  • Hi, i was looking at a trip down to cobham/surrounding woodland this weekend, (proibably satuarday or early sunday) and i had a few questions if anyone can help me out:
    1. Where is the best place to park? -> there seems to be a few 'rough' areas around
    2.Which bike would be best to take (My 9" downhill bike (intense m3) or my xc bike (specci epic?)) as i have no idea what the ground/hills are like and which i would have most fun on (bear in mind the dh bike doesnt climb..atall really lol)

Cheers
    Sam

Any of you guys got MSN or simmilar?
  • Hi All,

This looks like a pretty long standing thread but I thought I would jump in.!!

Im based in the Ramsgate/Canterbury area & pretty keen for weekend rides....I do Blean woods most weekends with a mate from work at the moment.

Ive a feeling that this weekend could be out of the picture as Im heading upto Fabric in London tonight which will probably be a late one!

But definatley keen to get involved. I was looking at the Kent Trails website but apparently i NEED a helmet which is something I dont have at the moment....Im sure that could be easily rectified though!
  • Landieman,

I think a few of the guys on here go out sunday mornings in Cobham and if they are this sunday I'm hoping to tag along, think the meeting point is 3 Crutches Car Park.
    Wow Thorpey has really started the ball rolling with this thread! You're welcome to join us Hawksie, just keep an eye on the thread and see when you can make it 8)

Changing the subject, does anyone know if they finished putting up the boards over the muddy sections at Bedgebury?

Have a great ride tomorrow all :)
  • landieman wrote:
    Hi, i was looking at a trip down to cobham/surrounding woodland this weekend, (proibably satuarday or early sunday) and i had a few questions if anyone can help me out:
    1. Where is the best place to park? -> there seems to be a few 'rough' areas around
    2.Which bike would be best to take (My 9" downhill bike (intense m3) or my xc bike (specci epic?)) as i have no idea what the ground/hills are like and which i would have most fun on (bear in mind the dh bike doesnt climb..atall really lol)

Shorne Country park is a good place to start/park (carpark fee). A few good trails around the park but not for a 9" bike. Trails are likely to be a bit sticky, so the lighter the bike the better.

MIchael

Lost time- I'll let you know as early as possible on Saturday, i might go down the hospital first thing to get it looked at. Bloody typical, every time i arrange a ride with you guys.....first me ancle, now me wrist, what next!

Andy.

No worries Andy. Just post on here or txt me to confirm if you're riding. Hope it's not too bad an injury.

Paul

It feels a bit better today so i have decided to just grit my teeth and bear it. The swelling has gone down a fair bit since yesterday so by Sunday it should be a lot better. What time do you want to pick me up?

Andy.
  • Hawksie wrote:

But definatley keen to get involved. I was looking at the Kent Trails website but apparently i NEED a helmet which is something I dont have at the moment....Im sure that could be easily rectified though!

I'm afraid you NEED a helmet. The website is very clear on this: No helmet=no ride (at least with us). We have enough people crashing most ride wearing a helmet. Sadly, last few times people came without a helmet were the one crashing .....

Changing the subject, does anyone know if they finished putting up the boards over the muddy sections at Bedgebury?

Have a great ride tomorrow all :)

I'm going tomorrow so i'll let you know in the evening :)
  • pittpony wrote:

quote]

Nah mate not finished it yet (alot of work was still needed).

I will See who ever is coming tomorrow.............. Be nice to see afew people who have posted and i have not seen yet in person. I will be the fat (ish) bloke on the black stumpjumper with a bright blue jacket, just come and say HI. :D

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • pittpony wrote:
    Wow Thorpey has really started the ball rolling with this thread!

BTW got a long way to go until we beat this thread.....
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forums/vie ... start=1725

well worth studying the whole 116 pages (as of today) :D:D

• impished
    Deadpool2e wrote:
    well worth studying the whole 116 pages (as of today)
    I'm gonna get straight on to that :twisted: Well, when the missus has gone to bed :wink:
  • pittpony
    Enjoy the ride today guys. Is anyone about for a ride tomorrow? Would have to be Blean for me as i don't have the car. I won't be going for the Kent trails ride as I'm looking for something a little gentler after a pretty intensive week of exercise :shock:
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    deadpool2e wrote:
    pittpony wrote:
    Wow Thorpey has really started the ball rolling with this thread!

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forums/vie ... start=1725

well worth studying the whole 116 pages (as of today) :D:D

Not bad Not bad!

I didnt realise you could buy those torches so cheap and use them on the bike, thinking about getting some of those so i can jion in on the night rides. I always thought you had to spend hundreads to get a decent light for night rides.

Working this weekend but by the off chance is anyone about monday?
  • pittpony
    Working this weekend but by the off chance is anyone about monday?
    I'm not about on Monday but might be next Monday if you can make it then?
  • Superb ride today guys. Will defo be up for another one next time im down the inlaws again. May go for a gentle herne bay to Margate run tomorrow morning depending in how my flu is (on the way back in the car after this ride I nearly coughed up a lung).

Nice meeting everone....

• Glad you enjoyed it and good meeting you. Hope the pace was ok. Did not hear anyone complaining, so must have been :D
    Feel free to come along whenever you want

• impished
    And big CHEERS from me too :wink:
    Really enjoyed the ride today (apart from the Rotweiller shouting at us :shock: )
    Nice to meet you all.
    I'll be coming along again soon.
  • Who was winding up the Rotweiller? I believe that was Paul!
    Lucky we did not see the other one going down by the fence
  • paul_f
    paul_f Posts: 16
    It was indeed me winding up the dog! I probably would not have done so had the big fence not been there!
    Turns out when I fell off at the beginning on the underwater stones I cut my knee quite badly! My leggings were stuck to the knee from all the dried blood.