XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    ooh, maybe I wont drink so much tonight then heh. Where abouts would we meet? Is it up that New Road off Rough Common Road, i recall a car park being mentioned up there which I saw through the trees in Google Earth.

Fitted new rear cable and outer to the Inbred at lunch so its good to go. Forks and brakes dont work but thats not the end of the world heh
  • breezer wrote:
    Reminds me of a race prepared M3 I saw parked up in someones drive the other day with the 2 drivers names in the rear side windows, one being Fo Kinkwik

Now there is just NO way thats a real name despite asian ones sometimes being potentially funny to an english person :lol:

I will be at a friends for New Year. Did I hear muttering about a ride at Blean tomorrow?
    Yeah i'm still riding tomorrow. Was thinking of heading over there about 12ish, would be great he you two can come along too, and i can do later if that's better for you.
  • breezer wrote:
    Reminds me of a race prepared M3 I saw parked up in someones drive the other day with the 2 drivers names in the rear side windows, one being Fo Kinkwik

Now there is just NO way thats a real name despite asian ones sometimes being potentially funny to an english person :lol:

I will be at a friends for New Year. Did I hear muttering about a ride at Blean tomorrow?
    Yeah i'm still riding tomorrow. Was thinking of heading over there about 12ish, would be great he you two can come along too, and i can do later if that's better for you.
  • breezer wrote:

• breezer
    LOL
  • lol indeed! Stupid phone, it kept saying no packet data something and wouldn't go to the message posted successfully page, so thought it didn't work!
    Yeah it's just after you pass the Dog PH on the left. Look for a brown Blean nature reserve sign.
  • breezer
    ok see you there at 12, will message you my number on here just incase
  • RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    What was that andy? i missed it the first time?
  • breezer
    I think hes riding tomorrow along with his 3 identical brothers :lol:
  • RussAlf
    ahhh i was wondering if he was riding tomorrow!

Man i am so bored at work.
  • breezer
    I am as well. I am even bored of surfing on ebay etc heh. Going to leave at 4 instead of 5 I think as no management here, sod them! Quick session on the xbox then prepare stuff for ride tomorrow and head to my friends for a can or 6
  • RussAlf
    IMG_0135-vi.jpg

Worst moment of the year. Though it was funny at the time.
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    :shock: holy crap

did you leave your bikes outside or was that just from standing with them :shock:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • breezer
    I was returning from a belgium tarmac rally where I had been servicing for a friend, never been on a ferry with it snowing in the middle of the channel before!

is that Andy on the right? Looks like an Inbred, the bike that is :lol: if so, I had forgotton he did the SDW, so please ride slow tomorrow heh
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    breezer wrote:
    is that Andy on the right? Looks like an Inbred, the bike that is :lol:

Ahaha! :lol: Yep that's Andy, and beleive me he takes no prisoners round that black route ;)
  • breezer
    Luckily I have my own smartphone running memory map so if/when he buggers off, I can find my own way back to the car at a sensible pace :p
  • RussAlf
    Thats on the 2nd day of riding the SDW, after riding 65ish miles the first day and keen to complete it we encountered that. All that snow feel in about 30mins! :shock: Was a bit shiity as it really dissapointed us all not finishing.

Yeah its andy the mountain goat :lol: He was the only fucker that had tights and over shoes, he was nice and warm. I had gaffer tape over my summer shoes :lol:

This is from the completed SDW trip in the same spot.
    IMG_0165-vi.jpg
    Bit of a difference,
  • breezer
    How the hell do you ride 65 miles in 1 day on bridleways etc, I would struggle to do half that :(

I will have to beast him on the downhills tomorrow with my elite "omg my brakes dont work" skillz :lol:
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    breezer wrote:
    How the hell do you ride 65 miles in 1 day on bridleways etc, I would struggle to do half that :(

I will have to beast him on the downhills tomorrow with my elite "omg my brakes dont work" skillz :lol:
    Downhills? Blean? You need hills before there are up and down varieties ;) Its fairly flat but theres some great singletrack.

65 miles involved some proper hills too. First time round i thought i was going to die, second attempt was much more bearable and was amazing fun. Defo do another endurance ride in 2009 8)
  • breezer wrote:
    Luckily I have my own smartphone running memory map so if/when he buggers off, I can find my own way back to the car at a sensible pace :p
    Glad you got GPS, you can help out when i get us lost then :wink: My memory is so crap i still go the wrong way....a lot :roll: Hopefully it should be pretty dry still, just about to head over there so will let you know when i get back.

Yeah that is me on the right, just remembered how cold i was then! No the worst moment was the ride to Brighton station!! And the 4 hours spent hanging round stations with no heating whatsoever and in stage 1 hypothermia!

You still coming tomorrow Steve?
  • breezer
    Bedgebury is quite flat but the actual height ridden over a lap is quite a lot according to my friend with a altimeter thing in his speedo or whatever they are called.

Andy: It was you that wanted the Pitch wasnt it? New MBR that came out yesterday gave the £1399 Pitch Pro 10/10 fyi, 30.6lb not to bad considering heavy coil Pikes etc, room to lighten quite a bit as things wear out although wtih 150 out back you could probably get away with some of the new 32 Talas 150's heh
  • stevet1992
    breezer wrote:
    Glad you got GPS, you can help out when i get us lost then :wink: My memory is so crap i still go the wrong way....a lot :roll: Hopefully it should be pretty dry still, just about to head over there so will let you know when i get back.

Yeah that is me on the right, just remembered how cold i was then! No the worst moment was the ride to Brighton station!! And the 4 hours spent hanging round stations with no heating whatsoever and in stage 1 hypothermia!

if that was aimed at me yeh im still up for it 8) i havent been to the carpark from the road though :roll: is it easy to get there?

how far you planning on riding?

• impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    stevet1992 wrote:

did you leave your bikes outside or was that just from standing with them :shock:
    We'd been standing there for about 5 mins MAX!!!! Brrr... that was cold :cry:

I'd love to joing the ride tomorrow.... but I think the father-in-laws whiskey haw already put paid to that :roll: So all I can do is wish you all a happy new year and a nice ride tomorrow :oops: If you know what I mean.
  • impished
    [andy_dupe_quote_mode]
    stevet1992 wrote:

I'd love to joing the ride tomorrow.... but I think the father-in-laws whiskey haw already put paid to that :roll: So all I can do is wish you all a happy new year and a nice ride tomorrow :oops: If you know what I mean.
    [/andy_dupe_quote_mode]
  • impished
    [andy_dupe_mode_again]
    stevet1992 wrote:

[/any_dupe_mode_again]

:wink:
    LOL
  • stevet1992
    :shock: that must have come down like a sack o sh*t

LOL at the andy bit 8)

• RussAlf
    breezer wrote:
    Bedgebury is quite flat but the actual height ridden over a lap is quite a lot according to my friend with a altimeter thing in his speedo or whatever they are called.

Sorry Breezer buts its not, ive GPS'd it and its about 300m total ascent, which is not alot.
  • stevet1992
    ok so 12 at blean carpark?

any directions from the train sttation are appreciated :lol: am i right in thinking i should go up honey hill(the big one) then where from there ?

• impished wrote:
    [andy_dupe_mode_again]
    stevet1992 wrote:

[/any_dupe_mode_again]

:wink:
    LOL
    Stop making fun of me :wink: One little mistake eh :oops:

Oh and i don't think you'll have any worries about me dissapearing into the distance tomorrow, my fitness level is pretty up and down lately :roll:
  • stevet1992

was that aimed at me andy?

:shock: are you not out celebrating new years and geting slightly merry ?:lol: